Sting’s TNA HOF Induction Tonight, Hulk Hogan’s Claims Shot Down, Impact Rating, More
- The first-ever TNA Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place today from the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Sting will be inducted and at best we know, he will be inducted by Dixie Carter. There were rumblings about WWE Superstar Christian or Lex Luger inducting him but Christian’s appearance may have been nixed altogether, we’re not sure yet. We hope to have more details from the ceremony later. Highlights likely won’t be available until Sunday’s Bound For Glory pay-per-view.
- In what has to be disappointing news going into the biggest event of the year, Thursday’s episode of Impact Wrestling drew 1,118,000 viewers for a 0.86 rating. In comparison, the Vice Presidential debate drew 51.4 million viewers and the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans NFL game drew around 5.6 million viewers.
The 2011 Impact episode right before Bound For Glory drew 1.44 million viewers while the 2010 episode drew 1.73 million viewers.
- Hulk Hogan has made claims in the past, even as recent as this past week, that Mickey Rourke’s role in The Wrestler movie was originally written for him. The Wrestler director Darren Aronofsky shot down those claims on Twitter:
“for the record the role of the wrestler was always @mickeyrourke it was never hulk hogan’s as he claims on @howardstern”
- Jeremy Borash revealed on Twitter that the finalists of TNA’s UK Boot Camp reality show are headed to Phoenix for the Bound For Glory festivities. It’s possible that Rockstar Spud, Marty Scurll and The Blossom Twins may appear on one of the pre-shows or the actual pay-per-view itself this weekend.
- We noted before that Nancy Grace's show on Headline News was planning a pro wrestling segment for ...
- Ring of Honor has announced that at Global Wars, as part of New Japan Pro-Wrestling's Time Splitte...
- We noted before that an Evolution vs. The Shield War Games was being speculated on but that no are...