2000– The Monday Night War continued: WWF RAW defeated WCW Monday Nitro in the ratings 6.0 to 3.0
2000– Steve Austin undergoes neck surgery to remove a bone spur that was touching his spinal cord. He had been written off television with an attack at the Survivor Series in November, with Austin being hit by a car in the parking lot of the arena upon arrival. Austin’s surgery was performed by Dr. Lloyd Youngblood in San Antonio, Texas. Youngblood has done surgery on several other WWE performers as well
2008 – Tommy Dreamer wrote a column on the ECW website asking who he pissed off…seriously. Dreamer mentions in the column that he was recently stopped in an airport & asked why he doesn’t appear on ECW anymore. He writes about not being used & challenges the company to do a storyline with him similar to Rocky with the idea being that he’s going for one last chance of glory
In 1982, The WWF holds an event at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario:
– John Bonello and Tim Gerard fought to a 15-minute time-limit draw.
– Pat Patterson defeated Kurt Von Hess.
– Dino Bravo defeated Frankie Lane.
– The East-West Connection (Adrian Adonis & Jesse Ventura) defeated Dominic DeNucci & Tony Parisi.
– WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund defeated Greg Valentine.
– Johnny Weaver defeated Lord Alfred Hayes in a steel cage match.
– Angelo Mosca defeated Toronto NWA Canadian Heavyweight Champion Big John Studd in a steel cage match to win the title
In 1994, The WWF holds an event at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York:
– Scott Putski pinned Iron Mike Sharpe
– Rick Steiner & Ludvig Borga fought to a double countout. This would be Borga’s last match in the WWF as he suffered an serious ankle injury during, which ultimately led to his release from the company. It has been rumored that Borga was possibly in line for a WWF Title run in the future.
– WWF Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon defeated Jeff Jarrett by disqualification after Shawn Michaels interfered.
– WWF Champion Yokozuna pinned Tatanka
– The Quebecers (Jacques & Pierre) defeated WWF Tag Team Champions The 1-2-3 Kid & Marty Jannetty to win the title
– Owen Hart won a 30-man Royal Rumble match, last eliminating Fatu
In 1999, WCW Souled Out was held in Charleston, West Virginia
– Chris Benoit defeated Mike Enos
– Norman Smiley defeated Chavo Guerrero, Jr
– Fit Finlay pinned Van Hammer
– Bam Bam Bigelow pinned Wrath
– Lex Luger defeated Konnan
– Chris Jericho defeats Perry Saturn, forcing Saturn to wear a dress
– Billy Kidman defeats Rey Misterio Jr, Juventud Guerrera & Psychosis in a Fatal Four Way Match to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Title
– Ric & David Flair defeat Barry Windham & Curt Hennig
– Goldberg defeats Scott Hall in a Ladder Stun Gun Match
In 2003, XPW holds an event at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:
– Pogo the Clown defeated Simon Diamond.
– Mexico’s Most Wanted (Damien 666 & Halloween) defeated XPW Tag Team Champions Youthanazia (M-Dogg 20 & Josh Prohibition) to win the title.
– Psicosis defeated Chris Chetti, Sonny Siaki & Christian York in a four-way match.
– Julio Dinero defeated Chris Candido.
– XPW King of the Deathmatch Champion Supreme defeated Justice Pain to retain the title.
– Vic Grimes & Lucy defeated Shane Douglas & Lizzy Borden.
– Super Crazy defeated Malice.
– Chris Hamrick and Tracy Smothers defeated Angel and Shark Boy.
– Juventud Guerrera defeated Danny Doring.
– Jonny Storm defeated Jerry Lynn in a XPW Television Title contender’s match
In 2010, TNA Genesis, held in Orlando, Florida, was the first TNA PPV to feature Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff. It was also the first since the Asylum days to use a standard 4-sided ring rather than TNA’s signature 6-sides
– Amazing Red defeats Brian Kendrick to retain the TNA X-Division Title
– Tara defeats ODB in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match to win the TNA Knockouts Title
– Matt Morgan & Hernandez defeat The British Invasion (Brutus Magnus & Doug Williams) to win the TNA Tag Team Titles
– Beer Money Inc (James Storm & Robert Roode) defeat The Band (Kevin Nash & Syxx-Pac)
– AJ Styles defeats Kurt Angle in a Last Chance Match to retain the TNA World Title
1952 – Art Bull defeats Milt Olsen in a tournament final for the vacant Wisconsin Junior Heavyweight Title in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1973 – Ed Francis defeats The Sheik to win the NWA Hawaii Heavyweight Title in Honolulu, Hawaii
1974 – Lord Alfred Hayes & Roger Kirby defeat Jim Brunzell & Mike George to win the Central States NWA World Tag Team Title in Kansas City, Kansas
1976 – Jesse Ventura defeats Jimmy Snuka to win the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Title in Portland, Oregon
1980 – Mike Sharpe Jr defeats Mike George to win the MSW Mississippi Title
1986 – Ron Bass defeats Black Bart to win the Mid-Atlantic NWA Brass Knuckles Title in Richmond, Virginia
1991 – Big Van Vader defeated Tatsumi Fujinami to win the IWGP Heavyweight Title
1992 – The Mountie defeated Bret Hart to win the WWF Intercontinental Title
1994 – The Quebecers defeated The 123 Kid & Marty Jannetty to win the WWF Tag Team Titles
1997 – The Holy Demon Army (Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada) defeated Johnny Ace & Steve Williams to win the AJPW Unified World Tag Team Titles
2000 – on Raw, Test defeats The Big Boss Man to win the WWF Hardcore Title
2000 – on Nitro, Jeff Jarrett is awarded the WCW United States Title by Commissioner Kevin Nash
2004 – Derek Frazier & Greg Matthews defeat Nick Gage & Nate Hatred to win the CZW World Tag Team Title in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2010 – Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki vacate the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles after Suzuki suffers a knee injury
Happy birthday to 6-time ROH Tag Team Champion Mark Briscoe (29), former WWE wrestler Kevin Thorn (37), 3-time NWA Tag Team Champion Chase Stevens (35), TNA developmental talent Sam Shaw (30), former TNA Knockout Rosie Lottalove (29), & Dragon Gate star Masaaki Mochizuki (44)