UFC News: Star Out Of UFC 147, Santos, UFC 146 Bonuses, More
- UFC middleweight contender Vitor Belfort broke his hand in training and underwent surgery today, forcing him out of his June 23 rematch against Wanderlei Silva. The bout, which was scheduled to the be the main event of the UFC 147 pay-per-view, had been built-up with the first Brazilian season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” where the fighters were opposing coaches.
There is no word on whether Silva will fight a replacement opponent or a new fight will be made to headline the show.
- After a pair of impressive performances at Saturday night’s UFC 146 event, Junior Dos Santos (15-1 MMA, 9-0 UFC) and Cain Velasquez (10-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) will meet for a second time.
UFC president Dana White confirmed at the evening’s post-event press conference that heavyweight champ Dos Santos will likely next face the man that he beat for the belt, Velasquez.
“I think it’s a good idea,” White said. “I like it.”
A date and location for the event have yet to be determined.
- Dana White and the UFC announced the live gate for UFC 146 at the post-fight press conference. The event drew an attendance of 14,592 people. The live gate was $3.4 million. UFC 146 was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV.
- At the UFC 146 post-fight press conference, UFC President Dana White announced who took home the Fight Night bonuses:
Fight of The Night: None Awarded
Submission of The Night: Stefan Struve
Knockout of The Night 1: Dan Hardy
Knockout of The Night 2: Roy Nelson
All four fighters were awarded $70,000.
You may also be interested in...
Jee-S’ NXT And Main Event Review 05/23/13 Sami Zayn defeats Curt Hawkins with an amazingly exec...
Watch the SmackDown edition of "Backstage Fallout" to see what set Daniel Bryan off. Plus, did Sheam...
Video highlights from this week’s episode of WWE SmackDown: ...
- According to reports, Ring Of Honor has informed former WWE wrestler Mike Mondo that he is no long...
The Thursday, May 23, 2013 edition of TNA Impact Wrestling on Spike TV drew a final cable rating of ...