Update On Rosa Mendes Car Accident From Friday Night
As reported earlier, Rosa Mendes was in a car accident in Las Vegas early Friday evening. WWE’s website has provided us with the following update.
An accident involving at least five cars occurred at approximately 6:45 p.m. after a Mercedes in a turning lane reportedly switched lanes, causing a truck to jackknife and a series of successive collisions.
A passenger in her friend’s black Hummer, Rosa and the driver were stopped at a light when they were struck from behind by a car that was also hit and moving at high speeds.
“We were talking when all of a sudden, I saw in my rear view mirror a truck coming really fast. It jackknifed,” Rosa told WWE.com early Saturday morning.
“We were the last car hit, so we had the most impact,” she said. “We slid two car lengths. I didn’t know when it was going to stop. If we weren’t in the Hummer, we would’ve been seriously injured.”
Rosa was wearing her seatbelt but the impact of the collision but forced her to the floor of the automobile as she blocked her head from hitting the dashboard.
“My neck and back were really hurting,” Rosa said. “My body is my job. I was so scared that I was not going to be able to wrestle. I was in a lot of pain.”
Rosa was immediately taken to the hospital for evaluation and released a few hours after the accident. She was instructed to rest and recover. A follow up examination is expected with WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann.
“Nothing’s broken,” she said. “I feel like I can wrestle but the whole right side of my neck and back have a burning sensation.”
Though still very shaken from the incident, the WWE Diva offered an optimistic message to concerned WWE fans.
“I want [the WWE Universe] to know that I’m ok and I’m alive,” Rosa said. “I’m grateful to be here because it was really, really scary.”
- Daniel Bryan tweeted the following photo from his honeymoon: Just got back from our off-grid ho...
- Jim Ross was asked in his latest Q&A update on how he would book Brock Lesnar now that Lesnar has ...
- Daniel Bryan & The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family is being locally advertised for the May 27 Smackdow...
- People within WWE are said to be "incredibly amused" by TNA putting their World Heavyweight Title ...
- Hulk Hogan filmed several hours of interviews at WWE's studios in Stamford earlier this week. The ...