Moments before making a surprise appearance at San Diego’s Comic-Con International 2014, The Man Called Sting gave his first-ever WWE.com interview.
In the video above, Sting talks with WWE.com before his appearance at the San Diego Comic Con on Thursday. Below are some highlights:
* He said his relationship with WWE is good and he’s had talks with Triple H. He believes it’s now or never with his age and it’s about time that something happens, if they can make it happen.
* He felt the buzz was huge and the reaction to his WWE 2K15 video was tremendous. He also talked about how his first WWE action figure is a big deal.
* Regarding the end of WCW, he said it was surreal and he thought about going to WWE over the years. He came close a few times after good conversations with Vince McMahon. Sting said Vince always told him that someday they would do business. Sting brought up the idea of facing guys like Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H and The Rock.
* He said he regrets that The Undertaker’s Streak is over because he wanted to get a shot.
* Regarding his future with WWE, he said it feels great to get his foot in the door. He said the action figure, the new t-shirts and the video game is a good start. Sting told fans it’s good to finally be here with WWE and promised it will be showtime if he ever gets to step foot in a WWE ring.