Watch SummerSlam 1991 In 60 Seconds, How Many Performers On The Show Have Since Died?
Continuing its promotion of SummerSlam on August 18 at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California, the official YouTube account of WWE has posted highlights of the 1991 version in a 60-second video. The event was highlighted by the on-screen wedding of “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth, dubbed “A Match Made in Heaven” by the organization—Savage and Elizabeth had been legitimately married since December of 1984
The 1991 edition of SummerSlam is also notable for the lengthy list of performers who appeared on the show to have since died, many of which were as a result of drug-related causes. Altogether, fifteen talents who participated on the pay-per-view have passed away. The list is follows:
* Andre the Giant (André René Roussimoff)
* Big Boss Man (Raymond Washington Traylor, Jr.)
* British Bulldog (David Boy Smith)
* Earthquake (John Anthony Tenta, Jr.)
* Gorilla Monsoon (Robert James Marella)
* Hawk (Michael James Hegstrand)
* Hercules (Raymond Fernandez)
* Joey Marella (Joseph Adriano Marella)
* “Lord” Alfred Hayes (Alfred George James Hayes)
* “Macho Man” Randy Savage (Randy Mario Poffo)
* Miss Elizabeth (Elizabeth Ann Hulette)
* Mr. Perfect (Curtis Michael Hennig)
* Sensational Sherri (Sherri Schrull)
* Texas Tornado (Kerry Gene Adkisson)
* The Coach (John Tolos)
Thanks to TMZ.com for sending PWMania.com the following: Champion Daniel Bryan is a bona fide bad...
We open up with a video package of Brock Lesnar's return. Now The Usos and Rybaxel come out. Matc...