WWE Wrestler Death Stats Report Garners Mainstream Attention
Alongside an image of “Macho Man” Randy Savage, the front page headline reads “Tragic legacy of huge wrestling event” with the description noting “An alarming number of performers from 1991′s Wrestlemania VII are now dead.”
The Yahoo! Sports article notes that over 25 percent of the performers from Wrestlemania VII have died prematurely (14 deceased of 51 total), with many of the deaths being attributed to drug use.
A graph is enclosed in the article listing the deceased wrestling talents, as well as their age and cause of death. It reads:
* “Macho Man” Randy Savage (58) – heart attack
* Andre the Giant (46) – heart failure
* Mr. Perfect (44) – drug overdose
* Miss Elizabeth (42) – drug overdose
* “The British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith (39) – heart attack
* Dino Bravo (44) – gunshot
* “The Texas Tornado” Kerry Von Erich (33) – suicide
* Joey Marella (31) – car accident
* Hawk (46) – heart attack
* Hercules (47) – heart disease
* Earthquake (42) – bladder cancer
* Crush (44) – unconfirmed
* Big Boss Man (41) – heart attack
(The article forgot to list Sensational Sherri, who died of a drug overdose at the age of 49. This list does not include Gorilla Monsoon (62, natural causes) and Lord Alfred Hayes (76).)
By comparison, of the 44 starters to play at the Super Bowl in 1991, none have passed away. Additionally, only two of 44 professional boxers who held a major championship belt that year are deceased.
To read the Yahoo! Sports article, click here.
- Dusty Rhodes posted the following on Twitter, possibly teasing a new podcast: Dreams cattle pro...
1st let me wish all of our readers a Happy Easter from myself & everyone here at PWMania.com! ...
- Roman Reigns picked up his biggest singles win yet at the final WWE live event in Riyadah, Saudi A...
Check out this photo of WWE Superstar Bray Wyatt with his wife and two daughters: ...
Check out this photo of WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio unmasked with his wife: Photos Of WWE’s Re...