WWE Australia Tour A Success, Big Things Predicted For WWE, Recent Attendance Figures
- WWE’s recent tour of Australia was a huge success with three shows bringing in $3.3 million. They had near sellouts in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Key stock analyst Richard Ingrassia of Roth Capital Partners recommends buying WWE stock because of pay-per-view numbers increasing 37% in the second quarter. Ingrassia cites WWE’s use of social media as the reason for the increase. He also noted that WWE should gain popularity based on the new Main Event show for Ion, the Saturday Morning Slam show on CW and the third extra hour of RAW. Ingrassia also believes that WWE is moving away from their money-losing movie strategy and feels the Network launch could add $68 million to 2013 revenue.
- Here are recent WWE attendance figures:
* RAW on August 30th in Brisbane, Australia did 8,000 fans for $750,000
* RAW on August 31st in Sydney drew 15,000 fans for $1.3 million
* RAW on September 1st in Melbourne drew 14,000 for $1.3 million
* SmackDown on September 1st in Des Moines, Iowa did 4,800 fans for $145,000
* SmackDown on September 2nd in Madison, Wisconsin drew 3,000 fans for $80,000
(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)
- WWE taped the following matches for tonight's SmackDown: * Jack Swagger vs. Cesaro * R-Truth v...