WWE Battleground Kickoff Show Results – July 20, 2014
In addition to a match, the WWE Battleground Kickoff will feature analysis from a panel featuring Renee Young, Alex Riley, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T and Christian.
– The 2014 WWE Battleground Kickoff pre-show begins with host Renee Young welcoming us as fans pile into the Tampa Bay Times Forum. She is live from the arena and is joined by Booker T, Alex Riley and Christian. We see Jerry Lawler, JBL and Michael Cole making their way out to ringside. Renee plugs Cameron vs. Naomi on tonight’s pre-show. Booker says what he really wants to see is tonight’s Fatal 4 Way main event and they discuss that match next. Riley points out John Cena has a 75% chance of losing the title. We go to the announcers for our first match. JBL predicts Randy Orton will win the main event, Jerry Lawler goes with John Cena and Cole agrees.
Fandango vs. Adam Rose
We go to the ring and out comes Fandango by himself. This match is presented by Mountain Dew Kickstart. Out next comes Adam Rose, Layla, Summer Rae and the Rosebuds.
Cole informs us Rose is celebrating a birthday today. Fandango strikes first and beats Rose down in the corner. Fandango with a 2 count. Summer and Layla lead a parade of Rosebuds around the ring as they hum Rose’s theme song. Fandango confronts them and Layla smacks him. Summer smacks him next. Rose brings Fandango back in the ring and runs over him. Rose with a big spinebuster and a right hand in the corner. Rose nails the Party Foul for the quick win.
Winner: Adam Rose
– After the match, Rose dances away with the Rosebuds, Summer and Layla. They each give him a kiss on the cheek as we go to replays. They party some more as Fandango looks on from the ring. We go to promos.
– We come back and the panel discussing Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose. Christian praises Rollins and says he really is money in the bank. We get a promo for Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho next. Tom Phillips is backstage with The Usos. He asks them about their match versus The Wyatt Family tonight. They say the 2 of 3 Falls Match just means they each get a pinfall. They jokingly argue about who’s the better looking brother before heading off.
Naomi vs. Cameron
We go to the ring and out first comes Cameron. We get a look at what led to the Funkadactyls breaking up. Naomi is out next to a nice reaction and she looks ready to fight.
Naomi rushes the ring and they start brawling. Cameron turns it around and sends Naomi flying off the apron to the floor. Cameron shoves her into the apron and brings it back in for a pin attempt. Cameron with a submission now. Naomi takes control and goes to work. Naomi with a Thesz Press and some punches. Naomi stomps and kicks Cameron out of the ring. Cameron walks off but Naomi attacks her and throws her into the barrier. Cameron kicks back and crawls in the ring. Naomi follows with a kick. Cameron kicks her in the face and talks some trash. Naomi grabs her hair but Cameron counters and sends her into the ropes it looks like. Cameron rolls Naomi up for the win.
– After the match, Cameron heads off with a smile on her face and Naomi is claiming Cameron had her tights. We go to replays and she did.
– We go to the panel. Booker predicts Kofi Kingston will win tonight’s Battle Royal. Christian picks Dolph Ziggler and Riley picks Heath Slater to win. Booker says that’s why he’s sitting on the pre-show right now. Riley predicts Roman Reigns will win tonight’s main event. Christian agrees and Booker picks Orton. Renee leads us to a video package for tonight’s main event and that’s it for the pre-show.