WWE Conference Call Highlights: PPV Sales Increase, Tout’s Success, PG & More
Vince McMahon and George Barrios hosted a conference call with investors on Thursday morning. Here are a few highlights.
* WWE has spent $5-million on production of ‘Legend’s House.’
* Vince McMahon said the writing has gotten much better and presenting the shows in a PG manner.
* The Tout app was downloaded over 30,000 times after the airing of WWE Raw.
* Vince said they may have gone too far to ‘G’ rather than ‘PG’ in the past.
* “No Holds Barred” starring Hulk Hogan, which cost less than $100,000, is expected to make $300,000.
* There are three models still being considered for the WWE Network which include broad/basic distribution, a pay TV format and a third “over-the-top” format.
* Monday Night Wars is expected to be one of the shows on the WWE Network.
* WWE has seen a 27% to 34% buy increase over the past year in High Definition pay-per-view buys, which carry a $10 up charge.
Trivia 1981 – Giant Baba wins the AJPW Champion’s Carnival, defeating Bruiser Brody in th...
Below is the full schedule for Wednesday, day 59 of the WWE Network launch: 12am EST - WrestleMan...
Watch several video highlights from this week's episode of WWE Main Event. ...