WWE Disputes Attendance Record Claim, Update on WWE Cuts
– WWE followed up on their claim that they set the Georgia Dome attendance record with 71,617 fans at WrestleMania XXVII.
“Confirmed by our friends at The Georgia Dome, WWE WrestleMania XXVII did in fact set the entertainment event record, with 71,617 fans,” according to a post on WWE’s Facebook page.
“The previous record holder, the Backstreet Boys, hosted 65,658 fans on Feb. 19, 2000. The number quoted by Billboard.com in a 2009 article was for a two-day event in Atlanta, not a single performance.”
– The April 1 episode of WWE SmackDown scored a 1.94 cable rating, which is in line with the previous week’s show. The show averaged 3.0 million viewers over the course of two hours.
– It was reported earlier that WWE planned on releasing several talents following WrestleMania XXVII. The latest word is that between 12 and 14 talents will be cut.
- Rob Van Dam tweeted the following about the Nancy Grace and Ultimate Warrior controversy: Sadly...
- Below is the updated card for TNA's April 27th Sacrifice pay-per-view from Orlando: TNA Knockou...
As PWMania.com reported, a script leaked for this week's WWE RAW in Birmingham. A script for the RAW...