WWE In Abu Dhabi Success, WWFX, The Rock, ECW, Gangrel
- Former WWE Superstar Gangrel turns 43 years old today.
– On this day back in 2010, the final episode of ECW on SyFy aired. The main event of the show saw Ezekiel Jackson defeat Christian in an Extreme Rules match to become the final ECW Champion.
– Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the Executive Producer of a new NASCAR documentary that airs on PBS February 23rd at 9pm. “Racing Dreams” won Best Documentary Awards at several film festivals and has been optioned as a potential action movie.
– The February 4th WWFX show from the Philippines that saw John Morrison capture their Heavyweight Title actually drew 5,080 fans.
– All three of WWE’s RAW live events in Abu Dhabi last week drew crowds between 5,000 and 6,000 in a 6,000-seat arena. The three-day tour grossed around $2 million. Because WWE was in a richer region, ticket prices were higher than normal – a more than $100 per ticket average.
The WWE crews were informed about what to do and what not to do, to keep everything low key and not party too much or get out of control. Due to the culture, WWE did not bring their pyro or fireworks, the Titantron or the Divas.