WWE Lists “Ten Fun Facts” About Monday Night Raw
WWE has issued a press release with the following “Top 10 Fun Facts About Monday Night Raw”:
* Monday Night Raw made its cable television premiere on January 11, 1993 and is the longest running weekly episodic program in U.S. primetime TV history by number of original episodes. Other scripted television shows that have celebrated significant milestones include: The Simpsons (24 seasons), Gunsmoke (20 seasons), Law & Order (20 seasons), Lassie (19 seasons), ER (15 seasons) and Bonanza (14 seasons)
* When Raw debuted on January 11, 1993:
- A gallon of gas was $1.11, a dozen eggs was $0.87, movie tickets were $4.14 and stamps were 29 cents
- The #1 movie in the U.S. was A Few Good Men
- The #1 song in the USA was “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
* Monday Night Raw has aired 1,024 episodes and 2,089 broadcast hours
* Raw has been viewed 4 billion times by people in the U.S. over the past 20 years
* As the largest traveling cable television show, filming episodes 52 weeks a year, WWE has logged more than 700,000 miles in North America traveling to broadcast Monday Night Raw. In 2012, if a fan in a Toyota Corolla wanted to take a road trip to see every broadcast of Monday Night Raw in North America, he/she would cover approximately 46,763 miles and it would cost approximately $4,796.55 in fuel,
* Since 1993, WWE has served Superstars, Divas and crew at Raw approximately 169 tons of meat, 51 tons of potatoes, 8,000 cases of vegetables and 500,000 cookies
* New York City (27) has hosted the most episodes of Monday Night Raw followed by Cleveland (18), Atlanta (17), Boston(17) and Chicago (17)
* 12 production trucks, 8 crew buses, 5 talent buses, 2 television trucks, 1 satellite truck and 1 generator truck are used each week to broadcast Monday Night Raw
* To put on a show each week, the production utilizes 33,000 feet of cable, 79,872 individual bulbs in the HD set, 2,800 pieces of pyro, 12 cameras and 48 speakers
* In the show’s 20-year history, 17 World Championship triumphs have taken place on Monday Night Raw with Stone Cold Steve Austin winning 3 titles and The Rock and Triple H winning twice.
Below is the full schedule for Saturday, day 55 of the WWE Network launch: 12am EST - Legends Hou...
Trivia 1986 – The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) win the inaugural Jim Crockett Sr Memoria...
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR's...
- Ahead of their rematch tomorrow night at the William J. Myers Pavilion, Baltimore, Maryland, Ring ...
- Tomorrow Ring of Honor debuts in their new Baltimore home, the William J. Myers Pavilion, having p...