– Reader Alex Catto sent word that WWE are advertising two matches for RAW in Australia in August:
* John Cena vs Big Show w/John Lauranitis
* CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan in a submission match for the WWE Title.
– We recently put a bunch of rare WWE merchandise items up on eBay for auction, starting at extremely low prices. Merchandise includes WWE T-Shirts, WWE Title Belts, WWE Baseball Caps, WWE Bags, WWE Action Figures and WWE Comics, featuring John Cena, Steve Austin, WWE Legends and more. You can check out the auction by clicking here.
– WWE is looking for a “Creative Director”. Here is what the job listing says:
The WWE is launching a new TV Channel. We are looking for a Creative Director to help define and create the new Network’s brand identity, positioning and programming promotion. This position is a newly created role reporting to the Vice President ” Network Promos.
He/she works closely with the VP to develop concepts and ideas to be used for promoting the Network and various WWE programs.
The Creative Director will be manage a team and oversee the day-to-day On-Air creative team and provide creative guidance and assistance to the Managers, Producers, and Associate Producers.
The Creative Director should have a proven track record of producing memorable network TV promos that create buzz. He/she will be asked to initiate new creative ideas, pitch new ideas and oversee projects from the beginning stages through to completion. Specifically, the Creative Director is responsible for developing an innovative and fresh approach to promoting the WWE Network, Network programs and Pay-Per-View shows such as ”WrestleMania” and ”SummerSlam”.
* 7+ years of Network promos experience in television, film or creative advertising function
* 5+ years experience leading/managing people or creative teams (producers, writers, editors)
* Strong knowledge of current advertising styles, campaigns, and trends in On-Air Creative
* Knowledge of all aspects of video production and post production
* Creative idea generation – develop original ideas and skilled at pitching conceptual ideas in presentations
* Strong writing and presentation skills
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
* Strong interpersonal skills; be able to develop the internal relationships and communication with in-house partners such as Sales, Marketing, Interactive Media, Traffic and Programming to create promotions that tie-in with marketing campaigns
* Able to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends; ability to travel as needed
* Bachelor degree preferred
* Working knowledge of WWE strongly desired; sports experience not required
* Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
To be considered
* Submit a resume
* Must have a show reel that demonstrates work from a series or launch campaign or past ad campaign example. If available, include a web address when you submit your resume
Salary: WWE has a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, shuttle service to/from the Stamford train station, a state-of-the-art Fitness Center, and much more!