– F4Wonline.com‘s Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer attended the WWE Network event in Las Vegas last night. Here are some more notes:
* WWE went all out for the big announcement at the Wynn in Vegas. They served lamb chops, chicken skewers, salmon on crackers and “lots of liquor.”
* There will be no such thing as month-to-month ordering with the Network. You will only be able to order in 6 month cycles, 6 month commitments. You will be billed $9.99 monthly but must pay for the entire 6 months at a time. Since WWE is doing 6 month cycles, it will always be up for renewal a month or so before WrestleMania for most.
* As noted, WWE is partnering with the company that streams Major League Baseball games online. Their facilities will give WWE access to the best technology available but it will be very expensive for WWE.
* The entire WWE DVD library will be available. No word yet if WWE’s old Coliseum Home Videos will be available but they may eventually.
* There will be a “remind me” button to remind you of shows and record them in case you miss them, basically a built-in DVR.
* No word yet on what they will air on the Network as RAW is airing live on the USA Network. WWE may end up streaming the App and backstage segments during live shows on network TV.
* PWInsider reported that Hulk Hogan was indeed there and hung out with Big Show backstage. Hogan denied the reports on Twitter this morning. Meltzer and Alvarez both said “no matter what anyone says” Hogan was not at the Network announcement. Ric Flair also was not there.