WWE Raw Results – 26 May, 2014
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a video package for Memorial Day. Tonight’s show is dedicated to our veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice.
– We go right to the ring and out comes Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.
Stephanie welcomes us to a historic edition of RAW and fans boo her. She says she feels great about tonight because tonight is all about choices. For example, Daniel Bryan has a choice to do the right thing and surrender the WWE World Heavyweight Title. She says it’s the right thing to do and Bryan knows it. Stephanie says we want to see a fighting champion and Bryan just can’t physically do it. Stephanie says they didn’t want to be right about this. She says his heart is there but his body is B+. Fans start chanting for Bryan and Stephanie encourages them. Triple H also pokes at Bryan not being able to compete. Triple H says every generation has performers that rise to the top but when some of them get there, they just burn out like a flash in the pan, like Daniel Bryan. He says some get there and become Legends because they stand the test of time, month after month and year after year, they adapt. He brings up Evolution and gets booed. The Shield’s name gets a pop. He says The Shield will find out on Sunday that you cannot stop Evolution. He plugs tonight’s contract signing. He says The Shield can decide to not show up at Payback and go on to be Legends or they can sign the contracts to compete at Payback and then perish. Stephanie calls out RAW General Manager Brad Maddox.
The Authority isn’t happy with Maddox allowing Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose to act as guest commentators during the Seth Rollins vs. Batista match last week. Maddox said The Shield forced him. Stephanie says they have no choice and the pyro goes off, out comes Kane. Maddox pleads with The Authority as Kane makes his way to the ring. Triple H drops Maddox with a right hand to the face. Kane comes in and circles Maddox. Stephanie tells Kane to teach Maddox a lesson. Kane picks Maddox up and just stares at him with his hand around his throat. Kane finally nails a big chokeslam. Kane scoops Maddox up and nails a Tombstone. Kane makes the ring explode as the three of them stand over Maddox. Stephanie cuts Kane’s music and asks for the lights to be brought back up. Stephanie says Maddox is fired from his job as RAW General Manager. Kane leaves with The Authority as Triple H’s music hits and we go to replays.
– We go to the announcers for more talk on Bryan and the title. Also tonight, Bray Wyatt will have a message for the Cenation. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a Bo Dallas vignette. He will be here later tonight.
Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam
Cesaro and Paul Heyman wait in the ring as Rob Van Dam makes his way out to a big pop.
Before the match begins, WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett makes his way to the stage with a mic. Barrett says today is the first day of summer but he’s got some bad news. Barrett says summer is the time everyone will dig out their old swimsuits only to find out their stomachs are hanging over the waistband. Barrett says furthermore, RVD will find out at Payback that his Indian summer is over and Barrett will retain. The bell hits and Cesaro attacks RVD from the side. Barrett comes down for commentary as Cesaro takes control. RVD fights back with a scissors takedown for a 2 count. RVD with another takedown and right hands.
Cesaro comes back with a big throw and an uppercut. Cesaro with a forearm shot and another uppercut in the corner. Cesaro with stomps in the corner now. Cesaro runs into an elbow. RVD nails a thrust kick and clotheslines Cesaro over the top, to the floor. RVD goes for a moonsault from the apron but Cesaro catches him. Cesaro slams RVD into the barrier and takes back control by throwing RVD into the barrier again as we go to commercial.
We come back and Cesaro goes for four straight pin attempts in the ring. Cesaro presses RVD high above his head and slams him for another pin attempt. Cesaro with a headlock now. More back and forth and they both go down. RVD comes back and nails Rolling Thunder for a 2 count. Cesaro ends up going to the floor but RVD leaps out and takes him down. Barrett gets up and RVD lays him out with a big superkick to the face. Fans pop big for RVD. RVD brings Cesaro back in the ring and they trade holds. RVD with a kick to the head. RVD nails a split legged moonsault for a close 2 count. Cesaro fights back but RVD cuts him off. RVD kicks Barrett off the apron. Cesaro comes from behind with a German suplex for the win.
– After the match, Sheamus runs down and brawls with Cesaro. Sheamus lays him out with a Brogue Kick.
– Still to come, Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan will make appearances. Also, the big contract signing for Payback. Back to commercial.
Eva Marie vs. Summer Rae
Back from the break and Eva Marie waits in the ring with Nikki Bella. Summer Rae is out next. We see how Summer returned last week to attack Layla. Nikki watches from ringside. Summer slaps Eva to get started. Summer goes to attack again but Eva stops her. Eva fakes and gets a cheap shot in. Eva drops Summer and mocks her by blowing kisses. Summer turns it around in the corner. Summer tosses Eva across the ring for a 2 count.
Summer slams Eve’s face into the mat a few times. Fandango’s music hits and out he comes to dance on the stage with Layla. Summer watches and gets upset. She throws a fit as they start making out. Eva takes advantage and rolls Eva up from behind for the win.
Winner: Eva Marie
– Batista and Randy Orton are backstage talking about the contract signing when Cody Rhodes and Goldust walk in. They’re looking for Triple H. They’re going to issue an open challenge to any tag team tonight since they’re not booked. Batista says Triple H is busy and probably wouldn’t have time for them anyway. Orton and Cody have words. Triple H walks in and asks what’s going on. Cody wants them in a match. Triple H books Orton and Batista vs. Cody and Goldust. Triple H says this won’t be any ordinary match. He asks Orton and Batista if they’re up for a workout and they are. Triple H tells Cody and Goldust to get out of his office.
– We get a Hire Heroes USA video with John Cena before going to commercial.
Drew McIntyre vs. El Torito
We go to the ring and 3MB is waiting with Hornswoggle. Los Matadores and El Torito are out next.
Torito draws the line with his foot and Drew steps over it. Comedy to start. Torito kicks Drew. Drew misses a shot. Torito leaps off the ropes but Drew catches him. Torito counters with a big arm drag. Drew catches a moonsault and slams Torito to the mat. Drew drops to his knees as Hornswoggle cheers him on. Torito counters again but Drew pushes him to the mat. Drew slings Torito by his head. Drew ends up going for a superplex but Matadores get on the apron. Torito slides out. 3MB and Matadores go at it outside of the ring. This leads to Torito taking out Drew and getting the win.
Winner: El Torito
– After the match, Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal corner Torito. Hornswoggle lays him out from behind. Hornswoggle tries to remove Torito’s mask but he fights back. 3MB cut him off. Hornswoggle rips Torito’s tail off. Los Matadores pull Torito to safety. Torito runs around the ring holding his rear because his tail is gone. Torito runs up the ramp and to the back as 3MB celebrates with Hornswoggle.
– Still to come, Bray Wyatt and The Wyatt Family. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers play up the seriousness of Torito getting his tail ripped off. We go back to the trainer’s room and Matadores are wanting something to be done for Torito, who is clearly in pain.
– We go to the ring and out comes Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper.
Bray starts singing “the whole world in his hands” and says never have those words been more true than right now. He says the world has come to lean on him because we know that deep down, he wants what is best for us. He says sometimes, what’s best isn’t the easiest. We must all make sacrifices. Most of us don’t realize it but we do it everyday. Bray goes on and says at Payback, he will be the last man standing. Wyatt says John Cena isn’t the only man that should be punished in all of this. Wyatt says Cena is the King and speaking of kings, he wants a word with Mr. Jerry Lawler. Lawler says he doesn’t think so. Wyatt sends Rowan and Harper out to get Lawler.
Bray says he just wants to have a little talk. Bray threatens JBL and Michael Cole, telling them not to move a muscle to help Lawler. He calls JBL a coward. JBL gets up to go to the ring and Harper lays him out. Rowan and Harper double team JBL now, leaving him lay in front of the announcers table. Lawler gets up and slowly makes his way to the ring now. Fans chant for Lawler a she enters the ring with Rowan and Harper trying to intimidate him. Rowan sets up a steel chair and Bray tells Lawler to have a seat. Lawler is afraid. Bray knows that Cena and Lawler are good friends. Bray goes on about how Lawler has helped Cena and asks if he feels guilty. Bray asks Lawler how it feels to be a liar. Bray says he’s sorry for what happens next. Rowan and Harper hold Lawler while Bray turns upside down in the corner. Cena’s music hits and he runs to the ring to make the save. Cena fights off Rowan and Harper. Bray is holding Lawler down in the corner. Rowan and Harper beat Cena down. Wyatt tells Cena he’s going to end him at Payback but right now, he wants to watch his friend fall and understand this is all Cena’s fault. Bray goes to drop Lawler with Sister Abigail right in front of Cena’s face but The Usos run out and make the save. Cena and The Usos clear the ring. Cena says Bray just crossed some serious lines. Cena cuts a promo and calls Wyatt evil. Cena says he believes in who he is and what he does. Cena says Wyatt needs to be stopped. He says Payback isn’t about winning or losing, it’s about being the last man standing. Cena says justice may be blind but for Wyatt, Payback will be a bitch.
– Still to come, Daniel Bryan and Stephanie McMahon, plus the contract signing between Evolution and The Shield. Back to commercial.
– We come back and Jerry Lawler is shaken up. He says JBL is back in the trainer’s room getting checked on.
Zack Ryder vs. Rusev
We go to the ring and out comes Zack Ryder with an American flag. Ryder starts a promo about Memorial Day but is interrupted by Lana’s music. She says Americans are always dwelling on past glories. She praises Russian President Vladimir Putin and shows him on the big screen as fans chant USA. She calls us silly Americans. She says compliance with Mother Russia and its Super Athlete is not a choice, it’s our destiny. She introduces Rusev and out he comes.
Rusev says a few words before heading to the ring. Ryder ducks a shot and tries to mount some offense as the bell rings. Rusev fires back and knocks Ryder off his feet. Rusev unloads and beats Ryder in the back of his head. Lana tells Rusev to crush Ryder, barely a minute into the match. Fans chant USA but Rusev applies The Accolade and gets the win.
– After the bell, Rusev keeps Ryder in the hold until Big E runs out for the save. Rusev backs Big E in the corner and beats him down. Rusev charges but Big E runs into him. Big E unloads and clotheslines Rusev to the floor. Fans pop for Big E. Big E picks up the American flag and waves it around. Fans pop as Lana and Rusev throw a fit at ringside.
– We see Stephanie McMahon backstage talking to Alberto Del Rio. Still to come, the big contract signing for The Shield and Evolution. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another Memorial Day video.
Randy Orton and Batista vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Back from the break and out first comes Randy Orton and Batista. Cody Rhodes and Goldust are out next. Cody starts out with Batista and they go at it. Cody strikes first but Batista fights back. Cody turns it back around and tags in Goldust. Batista rams Goldust back into the corner and Orton tags himself in.
Orton works Goldust over until Cody comes back in. Orton mounts Cody in the corner with right hands. Cody slides out and kicks away at Orton. Orton turns it back around and drops Cody. Batista tags in and nails an elbow to the head. Batista with more offense on Cody now. Batista with a big clothesline. Batista drops Cody with a big uppercut. Cody slides out of a hold and in comes Goldust again. Goldust with clotheslines on Batista. Goldust with the drop down right hand. Orton with a knee to Goldust’s spine, allowing Batista to nail a spinebuster for 2. They send Goldust out to the floor as we go to commercial with Orton posing.
Back from the break and Goldust fights off both Orton and Batista. Batista stops a tag and nails a big forearm to the face for a 2 count. Goldust with a back elbow off the second rope. Orton and Cody tag in at the same time. They go at it. Cody takes Orton down first. Cody with kicks. Cody springboards in from the apron and nails a missile dropkick for a 2 count. Cody counters Orton and nails a Disaster Kick on Batista. Cody goes for one on Orton but Orton nails a RKO in mid-air. Orton knocks Goldust off the apron. Orton nails a second RKO on Cody for the win.
Winners: Randy Orton and Batista
– After the match, Justin Roberts announces that the match we just saw was an Elimination Match. He says Cody must leave ringside. The next match will be Goldust vs. Orton and Batista in a No Holds Barred Handicap Match.
No Holds Barred Handicap Match: Goldust vs. Randy Orton and Batista
They surround Goldust on the floor and beat him down. Batista unloads with knees into the fan barrier. Orton slams Goldust’s back over the top of the barrier. Batista tosses Goldust into the barrier and he hits hard. They bring Goldust back in the ring and Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT but Goldust blocks it. Batista comes right in and spears Goldust. Orton with the RKO on Goldust. Fans boo Orton and Batista as they show off. Batista nails a Batista Bomb and covers Goldust for the win.
Winners: Randy Orton and Batista
– Orton and Batista pose before we go to another Bo Dallas vignette and commercial break.
Sin Cara vs. Bo Dallas
Back from the break and JBL has returned to commentary. Lawler shakes his hand and thanks him. JBL says he’s never been hit that hard. Sin Cara waits in the ring as Bo Dallas makes his way out for his re-debut on RAW.
Bo introduces himself and says RAW is the summit at the top of his dreams. He says he’s learned we don’t conquer the mountain, we conquer ourselves. All you have to do is Bo-lieve. The bell rings and they lock up. Bo with a takedown first, which he gets very excited over. Bo runs around ringside but Cara kicks him into the barrier. Cara leaps out with a takedown. They come back in but Bo turns it around for a 2 count.
Bo drops Cara and then nails a few knee drops to the head. Cara fights back with kicks. Bo blocks on but Cara nails an enziguri. Cara with chops now. Bo misses a clothesline and Cara nails a moonsault for 2. Cara nails the springboard back elbow. Cara with a big slam. Bo ends up dropping Cara’s face on the turnbuckle and nailing the Bo-dog for the win.
Winner: Bo Dallas
– After the match, Bo takes a victory lap around the ring. He comes back in with a mic. Bo thanks all of his Bo-lievers. Bo says you don’t get satisfaction from just victories, you get it from effort. If you give it all you’ve got, you’re already a winner. All you have to do is Bo-lieve.
– Still to come, will Daniel Bryan surrender his title? Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper is announced for Main Event.
– We see how Kane destroyed Brad Maddox earlier. Stephanie McMahon makes her way to the ring.
Stephanie talks about how it’s a night of choices and how important is to have an active champion. She calls out WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan. She says it’s time he do the right thing. Fans chant “yes!” as Bryan’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop, wearing a neck brace. Stephanie says it’s great seeing Bryan standing here and doing so well. She says she could strip him of the title right now and fans boo. She says to do so would make him a martyr and fans already cheer for him enough. She says it’s important for fans to hear from Bryan why he knows this is the right decision. She says Bryan knows fans deserve a fighting champion and he just can’t give them that right now. Stephanie says Bryan needs to surrender the title for the fans. Fans boo.
Bryan says becoming champion was payoff to sacrifices but Stephanie has a point. He says his neck injury is more serious than they thought. Bryan says there’s no shame in handing over this title, healing and coming back better than ever. Stephanie guarantees Bryan will get a title shot when he’s well. Bryan cuts Stephanie off and says if he hands this back to her, it would be throwing everything back into the fans faces. Bryan says he’s going to tell her a word that she’s not used to hearing. Bryan says “no!” to handing over the title. Bryan gets a “no!” chant going and yells it in Stephanie’s face. They stare each other down. Stephanie shows us footage from 2 weeks ago where Bryan was being loaded into the ambulance and Brie Bella put her hands on Stephanie. Stephanie says Bryan will have one more chance to do the right thing. He can either surrender the title at Payback or Stephanie will take action against Brie and make sure she’s…. FIRED!
Alicia Fox vs. Emma
Back from the break and out comes new #1 contender Alicia Fox. Emma is out next.
They lock up and go at it. Emma catches a kick and drops Fox with a clothesline. More back and forth in the corner. Emma applies the Dil-Emma on the ropes. Emma with the low crossbody in the corner. Fox kicks her off and goes to the floor to re-group. Fox goes to walk away and Emma comes out after her. Fox turns around with a huge boot to the face. We see Paige backstage watching on a monitor. Fox keeps control and brings Emma back in for a 2 count. Fox slaps Emma around and backs her into a corner. Emma slaps her back. Fox misses a big kick. Emma rolls her up for the win out of nowhere.
– After the match, Fox goes after Emma at ringside and throws her down by her hair. Fox throws Emma back in the ring and barely hits a backbreaker. Fox tosses Emma back out of the ring as fans boo. Fox goes back to ringside and roughs up some of the crew members, including Justin Roberts. She grabs the timekeeper’s bell and rings it. She announces that she is not a loser and continues to ring the bell. Fans chant “loser” as she taunts them. She smacks one crew member in the back of the head petty hard and pulls him over a barrier to the floor. She gives the guy a super wedgie and leaves him laying. Fox tells the camera to get out of her face. She goes under the ring and grabs two cans of soda. She throws some on a fan, some on Emma and pours the rest on herself. She goes back to the wedgie victim and messes with him some more.
– Still to come, the big contract signing. Also, Adam Rose is up next. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a Memorial Day video from John Cena.
– El Torito vs. Hornswoggle in a Mask vs. Hair match is announced for the Payback pre-show.
Damien Sandow vs. Adam Rose
We go to the ring and out comes Damien Sandow dressed as Tennessee’s own Davey Crockett. The Rosebuds are out next followed by Adam Rose. We saw a WWE App video where Rose and Sandow had a run-in earlier.
We get some comedy stalling before the match. Rose controls most of the match and gets a 2 count as Jack Swagger’s music hits. He comes out with Zeb Colter and they’re holding Rose’s lemon hostage. Sandow tries to get a roll up from behind but has no luck. Rose hits his finisher for the win.
Winner: Adam Rose
– After the bell, Swagger hits the ring and beats Rose down. Swagger with knees in the corner. Swagger runs over Rose and does the “We The People” pose. Rose counters and hits a big spinebuster. Rose tackles Swagger and unloads with right hands. Rose jumps on Swagger again and works him over. Swagger finally escapes to the floor. Rose screams that nobody touches his lemon. The Rosebuds come down to the ring and Rose goes back to partying.
– Still to come, Sheamus vs. Del Rio. Back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio
Back from the break and Sheamus vs. Bad News Barrett is announced for SmackDown. United States Champion Sheamus is out first followed by Del Rio. They go at it and it’s back and forth early on. Sheamus beats Del Rio around and hits the forearms to the chest from the apron early on. Sheamus takes Del Rio face first into the announcers table and brings him back in. Del Rio meets him with a kick to the face. Another kick sends Sheamus to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Del Rio lands a huge kick to the head. They come back in and Del Rio taunts Sheamus and tells him to fight like a man. Sheamus comes right back with the Irish Curse. Del Rio with another big kick to the head. Sheamus comes back with White Noise. More back and forth. Sheamus nails a big powerslam. Sheamus calls for a Brogue Kick but is selling an injury and goes down. Del Rio runs up and nails the enziguri. Del Rio with another huge kick to the head for a 2 count. The announcers are playing up Sheamus’ condition and the referee checks on him. Sheamus blocks the cross armbreaker and nails a Brogue out of nowhere for the win.
– After the match, we see Paul Heyman at ringside. He announces Sheamus as the winner and insults him. Heyman goes on to remind us that Brock Lesnar defeated The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX. Heyman continues talking trash to Sheamus. Cesaro runs in from behind and nails a big boot to the head. Cesaro mounts Sheamus and unloads on him. Referees pull Cesaro away. Sheamus gets up and Cesaro takes him back down in the corner with knees to the head. Cesaro with more knees to the head. Cesaro nails the Neutralizer and leaves Sheamus laying.
– Still to come, the Payback contract signing. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the ring is set up for a contract signing. We see the Payback contract on the table. Michael Cole is in the ring. He’s interrupted by The Shield’s music and out comes Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose through the crowd.
Ambrose takes the mic and says tonight is the last time you will see The Shield and Evolution in the same ring on RAW. Reigns starts tossing the chairs out of the ring. Ambrose says one of the groups will be eliminated from the face of the Earth forever. Rollins says this thing with Evolution has gone way past some silly contract signing. Ambrose and Reigns finish clearing the ring of the table and chairs. Rollins grabs the contract when Evolution’s music hits and out they come to the stage. Triple H wants everyone to be aware of what they’re witnessing – the last time we will see The Shield ever on RAW. Triple H says that’s a shame. They could have had it all. Evolution approaches the ring.
Triple H recalls praising The Shield and says they threw it all away. He asks them if they’re sure they want to sign that contract and ensure that Sunday is the last we ever see of The Shield. Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns all sign the contract. Reigns throws it out at Triple H’s feet. Orton, Batista and Triple H sign next. Triple H says they’re going to be nothing but a statistic. Reigns hushes him. Reigns tells him to get in the ring and fight. Evolution gets up on the apron and The Shield waits for a fight. It looks like Evolution is leaving but they come in and we’ve got a big brawl. Reigns and Batista take it to the floor. Orton and Rollins are in the ring with Triple H and Ambrose. Fans chant “this is awesome.” Triple H and Orton have their finishers blocked and get dumped over the top. Rollins leaps out onto them. Ambrose goes to leap out also but Batista nails him. Reigns hits a Superman punch on Batista. Triple H grabs a sledgehammer from under the ring and hits Reigns in the gut with it. Evolution fights into the ring. Orton with a RKO on Rollins. Batista with a Batista Bomb on Ambrose. Triple H nails Reigns in the head with the sledgehammer, knocking him out of the ring. Ambrose and Rollins also take sledgehammer shots. Orton and Batista take apart the announcers table. Triple H and Orton lift Reigns while Batista assists and they put Reigns through the announcers table with a triple powerbomb. Evolution poses at ringside to mostly boos. Their music hits as Reigns lays in the debris. Rollins and Ambrose are still down in the ring. We go to replays. RAW goes off the air with Evolution standing over Reigns.