WWE Raw Results – April 15, 2013
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look back at last week when John Cena faced Mark Henry and was later attacked by Ryback.
Tonight, Ryback will reveal the reason he attacked Cena. We see stills from WrestleMania 29 and tonight, CM Punk will return to address his loss to The Undertaker.
– We’re live from the Bi Lo Center in Greenville, South Carolina as Randy Orton makes his way out. Michael Cole welcomes us to a sold out RAW.
Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Big Show
Orton makes his way out and next is Sheamus. They head to the ring together. Their opponent Big Show is out next.
Sheamus starts out for his team and they go back and forth. Show stops shots from Sheamus with a big slam to the mat. Show cuts Sheamus off again with an elbow. Sheamus fights in off the apron and hits a bunch of forearm shots to the chest. Sheamus ducks a knockout punch and drops Show over the top rope. Sheamus with a battering ram for a 2 count. Show catches a Brogue Kick and sends Sheamus flying over the top rope. Sheamus comes back in but Show headbutts him. Show with several big chops to the chest. Show with a big elbow drop for a 2 count as Orton breaks the pin. Sheamus tries to make another comeback but Show stops him and keeps control.
Show goes to the corner for a big splash but Sheamus puts him on his shoulders and drops Show back to the mat. Orton comes in and unloads but Show backs him into the corner. Orton fights out and hits a clothesline. Orton with a big dropkick to send Show to the mat. Orton hits a top rope draping DDT on Big Show. Orton calls for a RKO but Show blocks it. Show goes for a chokeslam but Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick. Orton hits a RKO for the win.
Winners: Randy Orton and Sheamus
– We get a look at Friday’s SmackDown where The Shield beatdown 3MB in front of Triple H. Josh Mathews is backstage with 3MB. They call out The Shield and head to the ring. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and 3MB is in the ring talking about what happened on SmackDown. Drew McIntyre demands they come out and apologize. The crowd chants “you suck” at 3MB. Brock Lesnar’s music hits and out he comes without Paul Heyman. Lesnar sends Heath Slater flying out of the ring and goes at it with Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre. Jinder catches a big throw and Drew gets laid out with F5. Slater teases getting back in the ring but goes back to the floor. Before he can run away, Lesnar is right on top of him with a huge clothesline. Lesnar hits Slater with a F5 on top of the barrier. Lesnar lifts Slater and hits another nasty looking F5 on top of the barrier. Heyman is out now pleading with Lesnar to stop. The crowd chants “one more time” and Lesnar smiles at them. Lesnar backs off and enters the ring with Heyman.
Heyman says he warned us last week that Lesnar was ready for a fight with Triple H. Heyman says Triple H did what nobody else in the world could do – he knocked out Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. Heyman says this makes Triple H a warrior, a fighter, a man of admiration. Heyman says he would shake Triple H’s hand and tell him he respects him for what happened at WrestleMania, if he were tonight. The fans start chanting for Triple H. Heyman says Lesnar doesn’t feel the same way. Heyman says they are now 1-1 and there can only be one dominant alpha-male in WWE. Heyman mentions the Extreme Rules pay-per-view and challenges Triple H to a steel cage match. Heyman accepts the challenge for Triple H and we go to replays.
– Still to come, Ryback will explain why he attacked John Cena. Kofi Kingston and Antonio Cesaro are headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
WWE United States Title Match: Kofi Kingston vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and out comes Kofi Kingston. WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro is out next and yodels the whole way to the ring. Kofi goes for a quick roll up but Cesaro kicks out. Cesaro with a shoulder and a 2 count. More back and forth. Cesaro with a big clothesline in the corner. Cesaro keeps control and keeps Kofi on the mat. Kofi comes back with chops and a dropkick. Kofi with a big right hand and the Boom Drop. Cesaro ducks Trouble in Paradise and hits a big upppercut in mid-air. Cesaro with a 2 count.
Back from the break and Cesaro is still in control of Kofi. Cesaro with a big clothesline. Cesaro taunts Kofi and kicks him around. Kofi catches him with a SOS attempt but Cesaro fights off and hits another big uppercut for a 2 count. More back and forth. Kofi nails SOS but Cesaro breaks the pin. Kofi nails Trouble in Paradise but it knocks Cesaro out of the ring. Kofi brings Cesaro back in and covers him for 2. Kofi goes to the top but Cesaro catches a crossbody and turns it into a backbreaker for 2. Cesaro misses in the corner and gets kicked. Kofi springboards in but Cesaro catches him. Kofi slides out and rolls Cesaro up for 2. Cesaro misses a stomp and Kofi rolls him up again for 2. Cesaro with a roll up for 2. Kofi nails Trouble in Paradise for the win and the title.
Winner and New WWE United States Champion: Kofi Kingston
– Back from a commercial and we see footage from last week of Dolph Ziggler cashing in to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. WWE shows the whole match from when Ziggler came out to when he won. Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E Langston are headed to the ring as we go back to another commercial.
– Back from a commercial and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler with AJ Lee and Big E Langston. Ziggler get boo’d when talking about cashing in last week. He says it was the single greatest moment in RAW history. Ziggler says there has never been a world champion as charismatic and athletic as he is. He’s just too good. Ziggler doesn’t care if the fans boo him. He says he shows off because he’s better than everyone else and backs it up every night.
Ziggler goes on but is interrupted by Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez. Both of them are selling leg injuries as they head to the ring. Del Rio says he wants his rematch tonight on RAW. Ziggler laughs it off but out comes Vickie Guerrero. Vickie starts the match right now and brings a referee out.
World Heavyweight Title Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler
Del Rio is limping around but the match is starting. Jack Swagger’s music hits and out he comes before anything can happen. Zeb Colter says Ziggler wouldn’t be champion without Swagger. Zeb says Ziggler doesn’t deserve to be champion and Del Rio doesn’t deserve another shot. Swagger enters the ring but Del Rio attacks and sends him to the floor. Big E gets in between Del Rio and Ziggler. Swagger pulls Del Rio down and slams his leg into the ring post repeatedly. Swagger beats up Del Rio on the floor now. Swagger applies the Patriot Lock on the floor. Officials finally break Swagger off Del Rio.
– We see Kane and Daniel Bryan walking backstage. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Alberto Del Rio. We see doctors backstage tending to Del Rio.
Darren Young and Titus O’Neil vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and Darren Young waits with Titus O’Neil. Out next come the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan for a non-title match.
It’s announced Undertaker and Team Hell No will face The Shield on next week’s RAW from England. Back and forth to start the match. They go on and Kane sends Titus to the floor. Bryan leaps off the apron and takes out Titus on the floor. Kane and Young go at it. Kane nails a chokeslam and tags in Bryan. Bryan comes off the top with a headbutt for the win.
Winners: Team Hell No
– Back from a break and we see a video of Ryback taped earlier. Ryback says there’s only one way to go – him up and John Cena down. Ryback says Cena must be wondering why. Ryback said he had no choice after everything he’s been through. Ryback says he found himself staring up from the bottom of the ladder again and that wasn’t going to happen. Ryback talks about Cena bring a friend to him last year and even giving him his title shot when injured. Ryback says he isn’t a sidekick. If Cena is Super Man, say hello to kryptonite. Ryback asks Cena where he was when he was attacked by The Shield and robbed of the WWE Title. Ryback says Cena got lucky at the Royal Rumble when he eliminated him to get the WrestleMania spot. Ryback says he is the biggest threat to Cena’s title reign, ever. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see footage of Brock Lesnar destroying 3MB before Paul Heyman issued a challenge to Triple H for a steel cage match at Extreme Rules.
R-Truth vs. Wade Barrett
R-Truth waits in the ring as WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett makes his way out for a non-title match.
Back and forth to start the match. Barrett takes control after a cheap shot in the corner. Barrett drops an elbow for a 2 count. Barrett with offense in the corner and another 2 count. Truth counters Winds of Change with a roll up. Truth makes a comeback now. Truth runs into a big boot but ducks a clothesline. Truth with another comeback now. Barrett ducks the scissors kick and takes out Truth’s leg. Truth counters a slam and drops Barrett face first for the non-title win out of nowhere.
– Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox are backstage talking about Del Rio not being able to compete. Teddy Long walks in and proposes Swagger vs. Ziggler for tonight. Teddy says he spoke to Swagger and gave him some extra incentive. Teddy says Booker T doesn’t know about this.
– Still to come, Fandango will be on RAW. Back to commercial.
The Great Khali and Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
Back from the break and out comes The Great Khali with Natalya and Hornswoggle. Santino Marella is out next. Out next comes the team of Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow, who cut a promo on the way to the ring.
Khali and Sandow start things out. Khali strikes first and hits a big chop in the corner. Cody tags in. Santino also comes in and does some comedy. Cody goes to work on him and beats him down. Cody tags in Sandow for some double teaming. Cody comes back in to keep the attack on Santino up. Santino eventually hits Cobra on Sandow. Hornswoggle hits a mini Cobra on Cody while on the floor. Cody grabs Hornswoggle but Khali makes the save. Sandow rolls up Santino from behind for the win.
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
– Back from the break and Jerry Lawler is in the ring. He talks about Fandango’s successful WrestleMania debut and how the world has been Fandangoing this past week. Lawler shows us a video with highlights from this past week. Lawler introduces Fandango and out he comes dancing with one of his dancers. He gets a quiet reaction compared to last week.
Fandango interrupts Lawler and takes the mic. Fandango asks Lawler how his hips are doing and if he can move them. Lawler goes back to commentary. Fandango asks the crowd who wants to go Fandangoing with him and gets a decent reaction. Fandango tries to get the crowd hype. Fandango wants the fans to pronounce his name correctly before they all start Fandangoing. Parts of the crowd try to get his theme going but it’s nowhere close to last week. Fandango says it’s obvious the fans can’t pronounce his name correctly. He says they can all go Fandango themselves. His music hits and that’s it.
– Matt Striker is backstage with John Cena. Cena say she’s not hard to find. He’s going to go in the ring later tonight so Ryback can find him. Cena wants to meet Ryback face to face.
Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and out comes Jack Swagger with Zeb Colter. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E Langston for a non-title match. Back and forth to start the match. They have words and Ziggler slaps Swagger. Ziggler retreats to the floor and Swagger chases him back in the ring. Ziggler beats Swagger down as he comes back in the ring. Swagger fights back and hits Ziggler with knees int he corner. Swagger with more knees in the corner.
Ziggler makes a comeback but Swagger goes for the Patriot Act. Ziggler makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. More back and forth. Swagger sits Ziggler on top of the ropes and clotheslines him out of the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Swagger is still in control. Ziggler with a roll up for 2. Swagger with a belly to belly suplex for another pin attempt. More back and forth. Ziggler nails a big DDT for 2. More back and forth before Swagger gets the surprise non-title win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Swagger and Colter are standing on the stage when Del Rio attacks Swagger from behind. He throws him into the set and superkicks him off the stage. Del Rio uses the stage to apply a cross armbreaker. Officials come out and break the hold as Zeb yells at Ricardo. Del Rio taunts Ziggler, who is still in the ring.
– Still to come, John Cena will confront Ryback. Back to commercial. We see CM Punk walking to the ring as we go to commercial.
– Matt Striker is backstage with Sheamus but before the interview can begin, Mark Henry appears and spears Sheamus through part of the set.
– We go to the ring and out comes CM Punk with Paul Heyman.
Punk says he couldn’t enjoy his historic title reign because he was always looking around the corner to what’s next. Punk says he wanted the next challenge and found that challenge in The Rock. Punk says he still wanted more and wanted to know what the next hurdle in his career was. Punk says he’s never satisfied, he always wants bigger and more. Punk says he next looked at The Streak. He says he pushed The Undertaker to the limit. Fans chant for The Undertaker. Dueling chants for Punk start up next as Punk just stands there. Punk hugs Heyman and hands him the mic. Punk walks out and Heyman looks shocked.
– Back from a commercial and Booker T is backstage talking with Teddy Long about the World Title situation. Booker makes Ziggler vs. Swagger vs. Del Rio but doesn’t say when it will happen.
Nikki Bella vs. Kaitlyn
We go to the ring and WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn waits as The Bella Twins come down. Nikki is wrestling while Brie cheers her on from ringside. Lots of back and forth in the match. Nikki takes control and puts a knee in Kaitlyn’s back. Nikki with pin attempts and more offense.
Kaitlyn tries to fight back but Nikki keeps control. Nikki slams her head into the mat. Kaitlyn fights up with Nikki on her back and rams her into the corner. Kaitlyn with clotheslines now. Kaitlyn hits a shoulder tackle and a clothesline in the corner. Nikki kicks her knee out and covers for another 2 count. Kaitlyn comes back with a big knee to the gut. The Bellas do the twin switch and Brie gets the pin on Kaitlyn.
Winner: Nikki Bella
– Ryback is headed to the ring as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion John Cena. He cuts a promo and calls out Ryback to the ring.
Ryback hits the ring and they have words. Cena says Ryback proved what kind of man he was last week. Cena says Ryback sat and waited for his back to be turned. Cena says Ryback’s highlight reel of excuses earlier tonight was boring. Cena understands what Ryback did last week but doesn’t like how he did it. Cena goes on and takes off his hat and shirt for a fight. Cena tells Ryback to make a move and earn a championship. They come face to face. Ryback leaves the ring and starts walking up the ramp as the crowd boos. The Shield’s music hits and they appear in the crowd.
Ryback watches The Shield from the ramp as Cena watches from the ring. The crowd chants for Cena as The Shield surrounds the ring. They attack Cena as Ryback looks on from the ramp. Cena tries to fight them off but gets beatdown. They turn their attention to Ryback but he walks to the top of the stage. Ryback looks back at the ring as The Shield hit the triple powerbomb on Cena. RAW goes off the air after Ryback walks to the back.