- Tonight’s three-hour RAW Supershow opens up with the pyro going off inside the Joe Louis Arena. Michael Cole welcomes us to a sold-out RAW from Detroit, Michigan.
– We go to the ring and it’s set up for a contract signing. Teddy Long is in the ring. He welcomes us to the Extreme Rules main event contract signing and brings out John Cena first.
Teddy introduces Brock Lesnar next. Cena looks worried as Lesnar’s music hits. John Laurinaitis comes out instead and asks Teddy what he’s doing. Laurinaitis told Teddy earlier that Lesnar isn’t here yet. Laurinaitis says we will have the contract signing when Brock arrives, on Brock’s terms. Johnny wants Teddy to tell all this to Cena, who is still standing in the ring. Laurinaitis says this could be Cena’s last night on RAW and he should enjoy it. Laurinaitis tells Teddy to tell Cena to leave his ring.
Teddy asks Cena to leave the ring and thanks him. Teddy leaves but Cena doesn’t. Laurinaitis introduces himself to the crowd when Edge’s music hits. Out comes the 2012 WWE Hall of Famer and he’s excited.
Edge says he isn’t supposed to be here tonight and in a couple days, he won’t even be under WWE contract anymore. Edge says he came to talk to Cena. He could have done it privately but it will have more effect here in the ring. Edge says he doesn’t know who this John Cena even is. Edge says he came to talk to the Cena who was his greatest rival ever.
Edge says Cena must win. Through all their differences, they have always had a strong love for wrestling. Edge says Brock Lesnar doesn’t give a damn about wrestling or the fans. He only cares about the fans if they can line his pockets. Edge says Brock left for 8 years while he and Cena carried the load. Edge says Cena needs to wake up because if he doesn’t, it’s a slap in the face to guys like Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and himself. Edge yells at Cena to wake up. Edge says he’s not asking Cena to beat Lesnar, he’s telling him to. Edge drops the mic and walks off.
Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston
Back from the break and out comes Chris Jericho and Kofi Kingston for tonight’s first match. Jericho takes it to the corner and works Kofi over. Kofi ends up dumping Jericho out to the floor. Jericho takes a breather while Kofi waits. Jericho comes back in and Kofi trips him. Jericho gets in a cheap shot to the eyes and comes back with chops.
Jericho makes a comeback and takes Kofi down near the corner. Jericho taunts the fans and gets them to boo louder. Jericho goes back to a headlock. They play leap frog and Kofi takes Jericho down with an elbow for a 2 count. Jericho catches Kofi in the air and slams him on his face. Jericho with chops and kicks now. Jericho goes for a splash in the corner but Kofi moves and Jericho ends up on the floor again. Kofi runs and dives over the top rope, taking Jericho out on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho has Kofi on the mat. Kofi fights out and rolls Jericho up for a 2 count. Jericho counters and drops Kofi for another pin attempt. Jericho looks to finish the match but Kofi comes back. Jericho counters the Boom Drop with a clothesline and gets another 2 count. Kofi makes another comeback and goes to the top. Kofi nails a crossbody but Jericho rolls through it for a 2 count. Kofi counters Jericho with a big DDT but Jericho kicks out. Kofi goes back to the top and hits a crossbody on Jericho’s back. Kofi hits the Boom Drop and readies for Trouble in Paradise. Jericho catches it and goes for Walls of Jericho. Kofi counters it and they fight in the corner. Kofi springboards in but Jericho catches him in mid-air with a Codebreaker. Jericho locks in the Walls and makes Kofi tap for the win.
Winner: Chris Jericho
– Jericho takes the mic after the match. He says that is proof that at Extreme Rules, he will become the new WWE Champion. Jericho says CM Punk knows all about being extreme because he has an extremely alcoholic father, an extremely drug addicted sister and an extremely morally challenged mother. Jericho rips Punk some more and says this Sunday in Chicago, Punk will see an extreme beating from Jericho in front of his friends, family and fake fans. Jericho says he bought Punk a gift that he will present to him tonight. A gift that is going to help Punk cope with the failure and embarrassment of losing the WWE Title to Chris Jericho. Jericho says he will once and for all prove that he is the best in the world at everything he does.
– We go to a promo video for Brock Lesnar, looking back at his WWE career.
– Still to come tonight, the contract signing between Cena and Lesnar. We go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Laurinaitis is on the phone when Eve Torres walks in. Laurinaitis has an opening in his administration that he thinks she may be interested in. He and David Otunga need an executive administrator. He says this could lead to some really big things. She says the keyword here is executive and says she would be honored. He welcomes her aboard and they shake hands.
– We go to the promo video for Brock Lesnar from last week.
– Josh Mathews is backstage with CM Punk and asks what the gift from Chris Jericho was. Punk picks up a gift basket filled with liquor. Punk says he has a gift for Jericho too and he’s going to hand deliver it this Sunday in Chicago. Punk says now he’s going to re-gift Jericho’s liquor gift. He handles Mathews the basket of liquor but keeps a bottle of whiskey. Punk tells Methews to get out and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see footage of Lord Tensai beating John Cena last week.
R-Truth vs. Lord Tensai
We go to the ring and out comes R-Truth. Sakamoto and Lord Tensai are out next. We see video from earlier today when Tensai was asked about the win over Cena last week. Tensai speaks in Japanese and doesn’t translate it.
Tensai strikes first and beats Truth down. Truth tries to make a comeback and hits a heel kick but it doesn’t move Tensai. Tensai drops Truth with a shot to the face. Tensai charges in the corner but Truth moves. Tensai turns around and runs over Truth, then takes him to the corner and beats him down with headbutts. Tensai hits a big suplex and the back splash. Tensai hits the sitdown powerbomb and waits on Truth to get up. Tensai spits the mist on his hand and applies the claw to Truth, taking him down with it for the pin.
Winner: Lord Tensai
– We see Kane walking backstage as we go to commercial.
– Kane comes to the ring and talks about Randy Orton. He says Orton is struggling with his humanity and trying to come to grips with the fact Kane has discovered his one true weakness. Kane talks about hitting Cowboy Bob Orton and says Randy was the one who really suffered when he hit him. Kane says Orton isn’t the viper, he’s nothing but a scared little boy crying out for his daddy, for the nightmare to end. Orton appears on the big screen and says when you mess with his family, there’s no turning back. Orton says he returned the favor. We see Paul Bearer tied up with duct-tape over his mouth. Orton invites Kane to come join in on the fun. Orton wheels Bearer into a freezer and shuts it. Kane says Orton never ceases to amaze him. Kane says his true father is and has always been the devil himself. Kane says he can care less what Orton does to Paul Bearer. Kane apologizes to Bearer for having no intentions to save him. Kane makes the ring explode and walks up the ramp but is met by Orton.
They brawl around the ring. Orton grabs a pipe from under the ring and hits Kane in the gut with it. Orton with a shot to the back and a shot to the head that sends Kane over the barrier. Kane runs off through the crowd as Orton hits the ring. Orton poses in the corner as we go to replays.
– Lawler and Cole hype the contract signing before showing a replay of Edge confronting Cena earlier tonight. When Lesnar arrives, the signing will take place. We go back to break.
– Alex Riley runs into Chris Jericho backstage. Riley says CM Punk threw him out of the locker room because Riley caught Punk drinking liquor from the gift basket. Jericho wonders if Riley is telling the truth and tells him to lead the way to Punk’s dressing room. Jericho looks in and Punk is on the phone with the bottle of liquor open in front of him.
Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show and The Great Khali
We go to the ring and out comes Alberto Del Rio followed by his partner Cody Rhodes. Out next is the team of The Great Khali and Intercontinental Champion Big Show. Khali is limping after being attacked by Rhodes on Friday’s SmackDown.
Khali starts out and he wants Cody. Cody tries to kick the knee and Khali catches him. Khali beats Cody to the corner nd clotheslines him. Khali catches another kick and chops Cody down. Cody tags in Del Rio and he goes for Khali’s leg. Khali grabs him and drops him with a big shot to the head. Khali hits a big chop on Del Rio in the corner now. Del Rio goes to the floor to recover as we take a commercial break.
Back from the break and in comes Show. Show goes at it with Del Rio. Cody pulls the ropes down and Show lands on the floor. Cody and Ricardo Rodriguez stomp away on Show. Show makes it back in at the 9 count and Del Rio attacks him before tagging back in Cody. Cody goes to work on Show’s injured knee.
Cody and Del Rio take turns tagging in and working on Show’s injured knee. Show finally comes up and goes for a chokeslam but gets taken back down. Cody applies a Figure Four on Show. Show breaks the hold but Cody decks him for another 2 count. Del Rio runs in but Show knocks him out of the ring. Show with clotheslines on Cody as Del Rio and Ricardo leave the ringside area. Khali reaches in and drops Cody with a big chop. Show nails a big chokeslam on Cody for the win.
Winners: Big Show and The Great Khali
– It’s announced that Santino Marella will defend the United States Title against The Miz during an Extreme Rules pre-show on Sunday. The match will air on WWE’s YouTube. Back to commercial we go.
– Chris Jericho is backstage with Laurinaitis, Eve and Teddy. He says Punk is drinking so he needs to be stripped of the WWE Title. Eve says she’s been reading up on the rulebook and Punk is in violation. Laurinaitis has the right to strip Punk. Laurinaitis says he needs credible proof. Jericho suggests Laurinaitis get some police and make Punk take a field sobriety test in the ring. Jericho thanks Laurinaitis for doing the right thing and tells Eve she looks ravishing. They knock Teddy and tell him that he will be the one to humiliate Punk tonight.
– We see Brock Lesnar walking backstage. Josh Mathews asks him where he’s been tonight. Lesnar doesn’t answer him. Mathews asks him if he will still be the face of WWE if he loses this Sunday. Lesnar slams Mathews up against the production truck and lets him down. Lesnar grabs his bag and starts to walk off. Mathews mumbles that he was just trying to do his job. Lesnar stops, grabs Mathews and throws him into a fence. Lesnar walks off with Mathews laid out on the ground.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Josh Mathews at the hands of Brock Lesnar. Trainers are loading Mathews up on a stretcher and putting a neck brace on him.
WWE Divas Title Lumberjill Match: Nikki Bella vs. Beth Phoenix
We go to the ring where The Bella Twins are waiting. Out next comes the WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix.
Before the match starts, Eve Torres come out. She says it’s now her responsibility to improve WWE’s shows. She goes on and makes this a Lumberjill match. The rest of the WWE Divas come down and surround the ring.
They go at it and Nikki connects with a dropkick. More back and forth until Nikki goes up top. Beth grabs Nikki, carries her over her head and drops her on her face. Beth continues the assault and splashes her on the ropes for another 2 count. Beth goes on and hits a backbreaker for another 2 count. Nikki fights out of a submission but Beth grabs her for the Glam Slam. Nikki escapes from it and knocks Beth down for 2. Nikki gets knocked to the floor. Beth falls to the floor also and looks to have injured her leg. Brie Bella comes over and attacks her. This brings the rest of the Divas over and they brawl. Natalya throws Nikki in while Brie throws Beth in. The referee asks Beth if she can continue as she holds her leg. Nikki comes from behind and rolls her up for the win and the title.
Winner and New WWE Divas Champion: Nikki Bella
– Teddy Long is backstage with CM Punk. Punk is apparently acting drunk and flips out about the field sobriety test. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Teddy Long is in the ring with two police officers. Teddy calls out CM Punk but here comes Chris Jericho. He wants to make sure everything goes right and be there when Teddy hands over the WWE Title. Punk is called to the ring again by Teddy and here he comes. Punk is walking a little looser and makes his way in the ring, dropping the WWE Title. Punk says the whole thing is ridiculous and everyone knows it is.
One cop asks Punk to recite the alphabet backwards. Punk can’t do it and the cop asks him to walk the straight line of red tape that’s in the center of the ring. Punk says he didn’t see it and Jericho tells him to quit stalling. Punk tries to walk the line but can’t without stumbling. Punk almost falls but hits the ropes. Jericho tells Teddy to strip Punk. Teddy asks the cop his opinion of Punk. The cop says Punk is obviously intoxicated. Jericho tells the fans to thank the cops as they leave. Teddy asks Punk to hand over the WWE Title as Jericho eggs him on.
– Still to come tonight, Mark Henry vs. Sheamus. We go to another Brock Lesnar video.
Sheamus vs. Mark Henry
Back from the break and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. Out next comes Mark Henry.
Before the match can start, the special referee is announced and out comes Daniel Bryan in his referee gear. Bryan comes out chanting “YES!”
The bell rings and they go at it. Sheamus ends up beating Henry down in the corner. Bryan tries to stop him. Sheamus can’t hit Bryan or he will be fired. Bryan begs Sheamus to punch him and they have words. Sheamus turns around to a big clothesline from Henry. Henry covers Sheamus and Bryan counts a super fast pin for the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– After the match, Bryan takes his referee shirt off and leaves the ring. Sheamus sees that he’s not a referee anymore and attacks him on the floor. Sheamus throws Bryan back in the ring and hits a Brogue Kick on Henry. Bryan turns it around and kicks Sheamus down, then applies the Yes Lock. Bryan leaves the ring as Sheamus tries to recover.
– Doritos Tacos are presenting the next match… Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle vs. Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Also still to come, the Cena-Lesnar contract signing. Back to commercial.
– Sheamus is stopped by Matt Striker backstage. Sheamus says Daniel Bryan better start praying.
Primo and Epico vs. Zack Ryder and Santino Marella
We go to the ring where WWE Tag Team Champions Primo and Epico are waiting with Rosa Mendes. Out next comes the team of Zack Ryder followed by his partner United States Champion Santino Marella.
Ryder and Epico start the match off back and forth. Ryder makes a comeback and the crowd chants for him. Ryder with the Broski Boot in the corner. Primo pulls Epico out of the ring. Ryder goes to the floor and gets shoved into the ring post. They bring Ryder back into the ring for a 2 count.
More offense on Ryder by the champs. Santino finally gets the tag and hits the big hip toss and headbutt on Primo. Santino breaks out the Cobra. Epico ducks it but gets dumped to the floor by Ryder. Santino hits the Cobra on Primo for the non-title win.
Winners: Santino Marella and Zack Ryder
– We see footage from earlier of Brock Lesnar attacking Josh Mathews. Still to come, the contract signing. Back to commercial we go.
– Back from the break and Kane finally pulls Paul Bearer out of the freezer but puts him right back in.
– Primo and Epico are backstage arguing when Abraham Washington walks up. He asks them why are they being treated like jokes – not getting a WrestleMania match and having their entrance during commercial. He tells them to call him if they want guidance.
Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle vs. Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
The next match is presented by Doritos Tacos from Taco Bell. Out first comes the team of Hornswoggle and Brodus Clay with the dancers.
Back from the break and out comes Vickie Guerrero to introduce Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger. Brodus and Ziggler start things out. Ziggler drops to his knees and wants Hornswoggle to come in. Hornswoggle gets the tag and kicks Ziggler in the face. Ziggler gets pissed and beats Horny around. Hornswoggle counters Ziggler and takes him down. Brodus comes in and runs over Swagger. Brodus hits the splash in teh corner and a headbutt Ziggler. Brodus grabs Swagger for the overhead suplex. Vickie comes in and smacks Brodus, causing the DQ.
Winners by DQ: Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle
– Vickie turns around to Clay’s dancers. Vickie calls for a time out and grabs Clay’s hat. She puts it on his head and starts dancing. Hornswoggle bites her butt and sends her running from the ring. Clay, Hornswoggle and his dancers dance to end it.
– We go to another Brock Lesnar video.
– Back from the break and out comes John Laurinaitis for the Extreme Rules contract signing. Laurinaitis says he is excited about the Extreme Rules main event. Laurinaitis introduces the man who he says will be the new face of WWE – Brock Lesnar. Lesnar comes out to more of a mixed reaction than he has received since returning. Out next comes John Cena to more boos than pops.
Cena’s music hits and we wait but he does not appear. Lesnar takes the mic.
Lesnar calls Cena out. Lesnar says Cena is too scared to come out and that’s fine. He wants to give Laurinaitis an explanation on why he was late tonight. Lesnar says since Cena doesn’t have the balls to show up, Laurinaitis should have a seat so they can discuss business. Lesnar says he spent time this afternoon thinking about changes he wants and needs.
Lesnar says there is supposed to be a match on Sunday but he’s not happy with the way things are going since he’s been back. Lesnar has a list of changes and gives Laurinaitis a copy. He wants these changes made right now, before he signs the Extreme Rules contract. Lesnar says he isn’t the same naive farm boy that was here 8 years ago. Lesnar says from now on, any thought that goes through Laurinaitis’ head about what happens around here, it needs to be ran by Lesnar. Lesnar also wants Vince McMahon’s private jet for when he comes to and from RAW each week. Lesnar says he doesn’t like people, especially stupid people. Lesnar says another thing is that he will show up to RAW when he wants and how he wants. Lesnar says he won’t be a puppet on a string like the other guys in the back. Lesnar brings up the $500,000 fine to Sheamus. Lesnar says Laurinaitis won’t be fining him and in fact, he’s going to be paying Lesnar more money. Until the demands are made, there is no match on Sunday, Lesnar says. The crowd starts to chant “you suck.” Lesnar says he doesn’t get annoyed by that.
Lesnar says RAW will now be known as “Monday Night RAW Starring Brock Lesnar.” Lesnar tells Laurinaitis to make him happy. Laurinaitis agrees to the terms and Lesnar thanks him. Lesnar takes a pen to sign the contract and does. John Cena’s music hits and here he comes.
Lesnar sits back in the chair as Cena hits the ring. Brock puts his fists up, kisses them and smirks at Cena. Cena has his own fist wrapped in his chain he had around his neck. Lesnar motions to Cena to sign the contract and then stands up. Cena won’t sign it. Lesnar finally speaks and tells Cena to sign it. Lesnar says he feels a vibrating feeling come from Cena. Lesnar rants about feelings and feeling ways of feelings. He says the big bad boogeyman Brock Lesnar has been in Cena’s mind and Cena is scared. Cena throws the contract and they square up. They never come to blows as Lesnar leaves the ring, still locking eyes with Cena. The go-home RAW for Extreme Rules goes off the air with Lesnar backing up the ramp.