WWE Raw Results – April 4, 2011
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with the usual opening video. We go live to the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia as Jim Ross welcomes us to RAW. Ross said John Cena will call out The Rock later tonight. We go ringside to JR and Jerry Lawler now.
– We go to the ring and out comes Triple H to kick off RAW.
Triple H makes his entrance and the fans start chanting for him. He soaks it all in as the crowd shows appreciation for the WrestleMania 27 match with Undertaker. A small “you tapped out” chant starts. Triple H says this is the most tired and beat up he’s ever been in his life. He talks about the match with Undertaker and says he stood in front of 71,000 fans last night and when Taker began his entrance, Triple H says he almost hyperventilated he was so nervous.
Triple H says he’s wrestled Undertaker at WrestleMania before but never like this. He says the Streak has became what Taker is here for and he will do anything to keep it intact. Triple H says he beat on Taker like he has never beat anyone before but he just kept getting up and coming back. He says they both left everything they had in the ring last night and apparently for him, it wasn’t good enough, he says. Triple H says no man alive has never walked through his stuff like Taker did last night. Triple H says he’s struggling with it today. Triple H says you can call Taker a phenom, dead man and all those other names but he saw a man getting carried out on a stretcher last night. Triple H says everyone is talking about today how Taker is just a man and will never be the same after last night. Triple H says he won’t be the same either but people are saying Taker is done, that he won’t be back. Triple H says if that’s the case, he’s not buying it, but if it is true, he wants to say one thing. Triple H chokes up a little bit and says thank you to Taker. Triple H says Taker gave him the fight of his life. Triple H doesn’t believe Taker is gone for good, not after what he felt last night. Triple H calls it magic and says Taker will be back. And when he does come back, Triple H will be waiting for him. Triple H drops the mic and his music hits before posing for the fans again.
– Ross and Lawler say they’ve heard a rumor that Michael Cole is going to challenge Lawler to a match tonight. We saw Cole’s cubicle in the background earlier and it was wrapped with yellow caution tape. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Michael Cole comes out in his orange wrestling gear as Lawler and JR are talking at ringside. Cole walks to the ring and says despite overwhelming odds at WrestleMania, Team Cole overcame the obstacles to beat Lawler. Cole says everyone is talking about him today and now that Shawn Michaels is in the Hall of Fame, he can be referred to as Mr. WrestleMania. Lawler takes a mic and asks Cole to shut his mouth. Lawler says Cole didn’t beat anyone last night. Lawler said he made Cole tap out and that a stupid computer beat him. A “you tapped out” chant breaks out. Lawler says Cole will forever be known as a jackass. Cole says even with Steve Austin’s help, Lawler couldn’t beat him. Cole wants Lawler to admit that he’s a better athlete and a better man. Cole proposes that Lawler have a rematch tonight. Lawler loves the idea of a rematch and wants it right now. Cole walks to the ring as Lawler enters the ring. Cole stops and says he wasn’t talking about a WrestleMania rematch, he meant a rematch from last week’s RAW against Jack Swagger. Swagger’s music hits and out he comes.
Jerry Lawler vs. Jack Swagger
The bell rings and they lock up. JR is calling the match as Cole looks on from ringside. Swagger takes it to the corner and beats Lawler down. Lawler turns it around and unloads on Swagger. Swagger misses a clothesline and Lawler connects with a big right hand. Swagger spears Lawler back into the corner and hits him with shoulder thrusts. Swagger charges in the corner again but Lawler moves and turns it around.
Swagger kicks Lawler and scoop slams him. Swagger goes for a big splash but Lawler moves. Lawler with a right hand and 2 count. Lawler with more offense until Swagger drops him with a big clothesline. Swagger stomps away on Lawler now and walks on top of him. Swagger goes for the Swagger Bomb in the corner but Lawler moves. Lawler starts with a series of right hands to Swagger and hits a dropkick. Lawler goes to the second rope and pulls his strap down. Cole jumps on the apron. Lawler chases him off and back into the ring. Lawler tackles Cole in the ring and starts punching. Swagger gets up and puts the ankle lock on Lawler and he taps out.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Swagger won’t let go of the ankle lock. The referee goes to Justin Roberts and reverses the decision for Swagger not breaking the hold. Lawler is announced the winner.
Winner: Jerry Lawler
– Cole goes to ringside and has words with Jim Ross. Cole enters his cubicle, that’s wrapped in yellow caution tape. There’s bottles of JR’s BBQ sauce that he’s put in Cole’s Cole Mine. Cole squirts sauce all over Cole. Cole continues to run his mouth. JR gets up and chases Cole to the back.
– Back from the break and Michael Cole is on commentary as we see replays of what just happened. Cole says he sold out the Georgia Dome, he main evented WrestleMania and that everyone is jealous of him today. Cole is still wearing his gear in the cubicle and is raising hell.
Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk and Cody Rhodes
We go to the ring and out comes Randy Orton first followed by his partner Rey Mysterio. Out next comes Cody Rhodes followed by his partner CM Punk. It’s going to be Cody and Orton starting things out. They lock up and go to the corner. Cody strikes first and knocks Orton down. They run the ropes and Orton hits a Thesz press and lands right hands. Josh Matthews is out on commentary now. Rey comes in and Cody goes to work on him. Rey turns it around and tries taking Cody’s mask off. Cody retreats to the floor and we go to commercial.
Booker T is also on commentary as we come back. Orton goes at it with Cody and Rey comes in to continue the offense. Punk is tagged in and taunts Orton who is on the apron. Punk works over Mysterio and tags in Cody. Cody and Punk double team Rey. Rey rolls Cody up for a 2 count and tags back in Orton. Cody fights Orton off in the corner and beats him down. Orton comes back with a big clothesline and a 2 count.
Cody turns it around again. Punk gets involved but Orton kicks him back into the fan barrier. Cody goes to work on Orton’s bad leg now. Punk is tagged again and they do more double teaming on Orton. Punk scoops Orton for the GTS but he slides out. Orton goes for an RKO but Punk takes his leg out and gets a 2 count. Punk stomps on Orton as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk is going at it with Orton. Rey comes in and unloads on Punk. Punk takes back control and Cody gets involved. Orton comes over and takes him out. Rey goes for 619 on Punk but Cody comes off the second rope and kicks him. 2 count on Rey by Punk. Cody comes back in and goes to work on Rey. Cody whips Rey hard into the corner. He drags Rey to their corner and tags in Punk. Punk with a 2 count on Rey. Rey counters and takes down Punk. Orton finally comes in as Cody does. Orton unleashes and gets a 2 count as Punk interferes. Rey takes out Punk. Rey hits a 619 on Cody which allows Orton to hit the RKO on Cody for the win.
Winners: Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio
– We get more hype for John Cena calling out The Rock tonight.
– We see Steve Austin backstage and he runs into Triple H. Austin says if the match ever happens again, he will be there and tells Triple H it was a hell of a match. They shake hands and Austin walks off to the ring. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Steve Austin to a nice reaction. Austin says if we’re ready for some Tough Enough, give him a hell year. Austin brings out the Tough Enough contestants. All 14 contestants come out and line up in the ring. Austin says we’re going to put them to the limits, Stone Cold style. Austin puts over his trainers and says they’re going to open a can of whoop ass on these kids. Austin says there will be one and one only when it’s done and that will be Stone Cold’s choice. Austin lets them introduce. Up first is Ryan Howe, next is Christina Crawford – Alicia Fox’s sister, Andy Levine and the others. Luke Robinson calls himself a future Legend and gets boo’d. Jeremiah Riggs gets a pop from the crowd for representing the South he says. Miss USA is up next. She says you can be hot, sexy and tough. Michael Zackie says nobody is tougher than him and gets boo’d. The blonde from Puerto Rico gets a pop and says she’s here to give WWE fans the best entertainment they’ve seen. Eric Watts from California gets a mixed reaction. Matt Cross is up next. Reality TV star Michelle Deighton says she is hot enough to be a WWE Diva. The last guy gets boo’d when he says he can’t wait to wrestle for the WWE Universe. A “stun them all” chant breaks out.
The music hits and out comes WWE Champion The Miz with Alex Riley. Cole stands up on his cube and cheers for Miz. Riley is wearing a tuxedo. Miz talks about when he was on Tough Enough back in 2004 and says after last night, nobody will ever tell him where to go again. Miz shows where he suffered a concussion last night when John Cena tackled him off of the barrier. Miz says he went on to retain the WWE Title and gets a mixed reaction from the crowd. He says none of the people in the ring can achieve what he has. Miz and Riley make their way to the ring as Miz brags. Miz tells them this is the closest they will get to a WWE Title. A “you suck” chant breaks out. Miz looks at Austin and asks him if he wants to hold the WWE Title. Austin smiles.
Miz asks Austin if he thinks he has one more run and thinks he’s tough enough. A “one more match” chant breaks out now. Miz says let’s clear the ring and find out if Austin can have one more match. Austin tells everyone to clear the ring and they do. Miz hits a cheap shot on Austin and Riley comes to beat him down in the corner. Riley wails away on Austin and mocks him. Austin turns it around and unloads with right hands and kicks to Riley. Austin stomps him to the mat, raises some hell. Austin picks Riley up and Riley turns it around. Riley ducks a clothesline and another. Austin hits the Thesz press and a series of right hands on Riley. Austin bounces off the ropes and drops an elbow. Riley gets up and Austin lays him out with a Stunner. Austin calls for beers and passes them out to the Tough Enough cast that are at ringside. Austin calls them all together as his music starts playing. Austin toasts them with a big toast and hits the turnbuckles to pose for the fans. We go to replays. Austin goes over to Cole’s Cole Mine with two beers in hand. Cole pleads to Austin. Austin sprays both beers on Cole in his cube and walks off to the back with the Tough Enough cast right behind him.
– We get more hype for The Rock and John Cena as we go to commercial.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Evan Bourne
Evan Bourne is already in the ring as Ricardo Rodriguez introduces Alberto Del Rio, who comes out with no car. Brodus Clay comes out behind him. The bell rings and Del Rio looks angry tonight. He strikes first and kicks Bourne down. Del Rio goes to the corner and continues with kicks. Bourne comes back with kicks of his own after a counter. Bourne runs into a big boot and goes down. Del Rio’s nose is busted as he kicks Bourne out to the floor. Del Rio follows and launches Bourne into the barrier.
Del Rio brings it back in the ring and applies a submission. Bourne fights out with kicks. Del Rio misses a clothesline and Bourne rolls him up for 2. Bourne with more kicks now and a flying knee. 2 count for Bourne. Bourne ends up on the top for Air Bourne. Del Rio gets up and kicks him in the head. Bourne falls to the mat and Del Rio applies his armbar finisher for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Del Rio wipes the blood from his mouth and smiles. We go to commercial.
– Back from the commercial and we get a video package with highlights from Axxess in Atlanta.
– We go to the ring and out comes Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler. Vickie is wearing gear and says Snooki winning last night was all Layla and Michelle McCool’s fault. She says Dolph is perfection. Dolph takes the mic and talks about John Morrison and Snooki. He calls Morrison and Trish Stratus out.
Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero vs. John Morrison and Trish Stratus
Ziggler’s music hits as he and Vickie make their way to the ring and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes John Morrison first. Out next comes Trish Stratus and Morrison starts out with Ziggler. Ziggler takes control early on. Morrison rams him back in the corner and unloads with right hands. Vickie and Trish end up coming in. Vickie mocks Snooki and Trish rolls her up for a 2 count. Another 2 count for Trish. They come face to face and argue. Vickie smacks Trish. Trish responds with big knife chops.
They go back and forth until Morrison and Ziggler come back in. Morrison misses a kick off the ropes. Dolph hits a big back suplex and Dolph gets a 2 count as Trish makes the save. Dolph corners Trish and she smacks him. This allows Morrison to drop Dolph with a kick and hit Starship Pain for the win.
Winners: John Morrison and Trish Stratus
– Vickie throws a fit at ringside and we get more hype for The Rock and John Cena. Back to commercial.
WWE United States Title Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
We come back and out comes WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan followed by his challenger Daniel Bryan. The bell rings and they go at it. Sheamus unloads early on and hits a big double ax handle for a 2 count. Sheamus with a clothesline. Sheamus drops a knee and stomps on Bryan. Sheamus works over Bryan some more, completely owning the match. Sheamus takes it to the mat with a chinlock now.
Bryan tries to come back but Sheamus hits the Irish Curse backbreaker for a 2 count. Sheamus takes it back to the mat. Bryan dycks an attack and comes back with kicks. Bryan ducks a clothesline and takes Sheamus down. Sheamus runs into Bryan’s boot and gets dropped with a big kick. 2 count by Bryan. Bryan counters Sheamus and goes for the LaBell Lock. Sheamus powers out with a backbreaker and hits the Brogue kick for the pin and the win.
– After the match, Sheamus attacks Daniel Bryan. The lights go out, music starts playing and Sin Cara appears on the stage. He runs down to the ring and flips in. He takes Sheamus down with a hurricanrana and dropkicks him to the apron. Cara kicks Sheamus in the head and knocks him out to the floor. Cara leaps from the top rope to the floor and takes Sheamus out. Cara runs back up to the top of the ramp and poses as his music plays.
– Back from commercial and John Cena’s music hits. Cena comes out wearing his new colors and gets a mixed reaction.
Cena says a lot of people are upset about a certain someone’s actions at WrestleMania last night. Cena didn’t think that person’s actions would decide the winner of the WrestleMania main event. Cena says if this person didn’t do it, then the final moment of WrestleMania would have been a draw and that would have sucked. Cena congratulates The Miz and says he did it – he was able to walk into the WrestleMania main event WWE Champion and leave as WWE Champion. Cena says there’s something to be said for that. Cena says Miz is still the most annoying person on the earth but after his showing tonight, he has earned everyone’s respect. Cena says this brings him back to that certain someone and the crowd starts to chant “Rocky.”
Cena says that certain someone is here tonight and got involved in his business last night. Cena says that certain someone and he have business to settle right now. We get a long pause and finally, The Rock’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop.
Rock enters the ring and nothing is said. A “Fruity Pebbles” chant breaks out. The Rock asks Cena what did he think was going to happen. Rock says Cena knew payback was coming. The Rock goes on and says he respects Cena. This gets boo’s. The Rock says he knows what Cena has done. He knows Cena lives and breathes WWE. Rock realizes Cena has became one of the greatest WWE stars of all-time. This gets a mixed reaction. Rock says that doesn’t change the fact he just doesn’t like Cena. This gets a pop.
The Rock says he and Cena are complete opposites but are similar in the fact that when they do it, they want to be the best and do it better than everyone. Rock says however, he shops at department stores and Cena shops at Baby Gap. Cena says that’s fashion advice from the Tooth Fairy. Cena says the time of talking is over. He tells Rock to listen to the people. Cena says the people want a match and they pop. Cena says it’s obvious that this is what they should do. Cena asks Rock if he wants to talk about it or bring it. Cena takes his shirt off.
The Rock agrees to the challenge but wants it at WrestleMania 28 in 2012. The two shake on the match and it’s official. All of a sudden The Corre run down and beat Cena and The Rock down. Rock and Cena end up fighting them off and hitting their finishers. It seems like Rock and Cena are trying to outdo each other. They take out The Corre and come face to face on more time. They pose for fans separately as RAW goes off the air.