- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens with a video looking back at Money in the Bank where CM Punk won the WWE Title from John Cena and then taunted Vince McMahon with the belt. The video shows last Monday on RAW where Rey Mysterio won the belt and then lost it to John Cena, followed by CM Punk making his return.
– We go live from the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. Cole hypes the fact that for the first time in history we have two WWE Champions. Cult of Personality hits as WWE Champion CM Punk makes his way out to a nice reaction from the crowd. Punk holds the WWE Title high and gets the crowd to pop by running to each side of the stage. Punk heads to the ring. Cole is joined by Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. Cole calls JR their special guest tonight but Lawler reminds him JR is back full time.
Punk takes a mic as the crowd chants his name and declares that the champ is here. Punk takes a seat in the middle of the ring as the crowd chants some more. Why did Punk come back? Punk says he knew for a long time his contract expired. As far as a year back, Punk says he was faced with the huge, life changing decision he had to make. Punk says he loves the place he works but hates the people in charge. Punk says he could have either re-signed and dealt with everything or speak his mind and cause some change. Punk says he spoke his mind and caused just a little bit of change. Punk calls it the domino effect and talks about how Vince McMahon was relieved of his duties the next night on RAW. Punk says he can feel change in the air. He takes some credit for the change but says a lot of credit lies with the fans. Punk says the fans have been fed scraps for far too long. Punk says he is here to give us what we deserve and make it fun again.
Punk says he was sitting at home looking at the WWE Title and realized that the voice of the voiceless needs to be heard. Punk says he can’t change wrestling for the better from his couch at home in Chicago. Punk says he picked up the phone and made the call to come back to WWE. Punk says his timing couldn’t have been better because in his short absence, John Cena is already WWE Champion again. The crowd boo’s Cena’s mention. Punk says Cena is no more champion than the fan at ringside with a replica belt. Punk says Cena has a belt but he has a championship title. So much for change, same ‘ol, same ‘ol, Punk says. They start chanting Punk’s name again. Punk says no matter what happened in a bogus tournament, he holds the most important title in the world. Punk holds up the WWE Title and says it indicates that he is the best professional wrestler the world has to offer. Punk says he is the one, the only WWE Champion. Punk goes on but is interrupted by Triple H’s music and out he comes in a suit.
Triple H enters the ring and the crowd chants for him. Punk asks the fans to give it up for H-H-H, the C-O-O. Triple H wants to explain first why he re-signed CM Punk. It comes down to one thing – business. Triple H says it was good for business. The same reason he brought back Jim Ross and the same reason he brought back John Morrison – because it was good for business. Triple H says it’s his job each week to try and give the fans what they want. Fans wanted CM Punk so Triple H put his personal feelings aside and gave them Punk. Punk asks about personal feelings and Triple H tells him to take it as a compliment. Punk asks Triple H what his personal feelings are of him. Triple H says Punk is a smug, over-rated, attention seeking guy that puts too much stock in his own hype. Triple H says that’s not a bad thing. Punk says that’s kind of like Triple H looking in a mirror. Punk says he is smug and kind of a jerk but over-rated? That’s not for him to say. Punk talks about how Vince let main event talent slide through his fingers. Guys like Mick Foley, Batista, Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar. Punk says Triple H didn’t want to see him go anywhere else but also couldn’t afford to see him go somewhere else. Punk says he’s hot, he’s a commodity. Triple H tells Punk to tell everyone the truth about why he really re-signed to WWE.
Punk says he already has – he wants to make change. Triple H says Punk re-signed for himself, so he could have someone to speak to – the WWE Universe. Triple H says Punk re-signed for his own ego. Punk says maybe but the truth is that he’s the WWE Champion. Triple H says Punk is but John Cena is also the WWE Champion. Triple H says that’s a situation he will fix later tonight and goes to walk off as his music hits. Punk interrupts and stops Triple H’s music, asking him to come back in the ring. Punk says he’s just getting warmed up. Just because he signed a WWE contract, he’s not going to shut up. Punk isn’t going to spit out some PG doctrine, he’s not going to promo class or media training. Punk bows like Triple H did in his Hunter Hearst Helmsley days and calls him by his former name. Punk talks about Triple H’s ego. Punk asks Triple H how many times he laid in bed with his wife and went, “well I just don’t think he has what it to take.” Punk goes on mocking Triple H and says he is what he always has been a – a bully who likes to push people around. Punk tells Triple H to be careful, because he likes to push back.
Triple H says right now, his big ego is telling him to slap everyone of Punk’s stupid tattoos right off his “skinny fat ass.” Triple H isn’t going to do that though. He took the WWE COO job for the fans and he’s not going to break the rules. Triple H strongly suggests to Punk not to break the rules either. Punk says or what? Is Triple H going to beat him up, or fight him? Punk messes with Triple H’s tie and taunts him. Punk asks him if he has to get permission from his wife first. Punk throws the mic down and walks off as Cult of Personality hits.
– We see Rey Mysterio backstage warming up. His partner for tonight, John Morrison, comes flipping in. The announcers hype tonight’s Divas Battle Royal, which is up next. We go to commercial.
#1 Contender’s Battle Royal: The Bella Twins vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Melina vs. Maryse vs. Eve Torres vs. Gail Kim vs. Alicia Fox vs. Kaitlyn vs. AJ Lee vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Rosa Mendes
Back from the commercial and WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly is on commentary. The Divas are making their ways down to the ring. The winner of the match will face Kelly Kelly for the title at SummerSlam. The bell rings and everyone goes at it. Melina gets eliminated early. As well as Gail Kim. Rosa is over next. Kaitlyn goes over but hangs on. Tamina then knocks her out. Tamina and Beth go at it in the corner now. Beth eliminates Tamina. Alicia eliminates AJ. The Bellas eliminate Natalya. It’s down to Eve, Alicia, Beth and The Bellas as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and the Divas are still going at it. The Bellas work on eliminating Beth but she fights them off. Eve almost eliminates herself but hangs on the apron and goes at it with Alicia. Alicia is eliminated. Eve hangs on again and goes at it with one of the Bellas until she gets eliminated. Beth comes over and gets a Bella on each shoulder. Beth eliminates them both at the same time to win the match and the title shot.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Beth Phoenix
– After the match, Kelly Kelly comes in the ring and celebrates with Beth. Beth grabs her by her hair out of nowhere and tosses the Divas Champion out of the ring. Beth throws Kelly hard into the fan barrier and grabs a mic. Beth says Kelly’s days as the perky, cute blonde bimbo are officially over. Beth drops the mic and walks off, leaving Kelly lay at ringside.
– The Miz is backstage when R-Truth walks up. Truth says they are pretty much the same. Miz says they are nothing alike. They talk about Triple H being in power and there being 2 WWE Champions. Miz almost agrees with Truth that it’s a conspiracy. Truth tells Miz to be careful or he will get got. Miz goes into deep thought as Truth walks off and we go back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and Josh Matthews is backstage with WWE Champion John Cena. Cena says Punk isn’t afraid to speak his mind but when you live by the sword, you die by it. Cena says his focus is on Triple H tonight because of the WWE Title situation. Cena says he will be there at the end of the night when Triple H comes out to make his decision.
John Morrison and Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz and R-Truth
We go to the ring and out first comes R-Truth followed by his partner The Miz. They make their entrance and we go to commercial.
Back from commercial and Rey Mysterio is out followed by his partner John Morrison. Miz and Morrison start things out. Morrison strikes first with right hands and drops Miz on his face. Morrison knocks Truth off the apron but gets clotheslined by Miz. Miz kicks away at Morrison now and starts stomping. Miz with a suplex and a 2 count.
Morrison fights back and takes Miz down. Mysterio is tagged in and comes off the top with a senton on Miz for 2. Miz and Rey go at it until Rey tosses him out to the floor. Rey with a baseball slide, sending Miz into the announcer’s table. Rey kicks Truth back and leaps off the apron with a senton on Truth. Morrison corkscrews over the top and lands on Miz. We go to commercial with Morrison and Rey in control on the floor.
Back from the break and Truth has Rey in a clutch. During the break, Miz took back control after slamming Rey down on his face. Truth applies an abdominal stretch on Rey now. Miz comes back in, works Rey over and gets a 2. Miz with a headlock now. Rey fights out and knocks Truth down on the apron. Rey counters and drops Miz. Rey goes for a tag but Miz stops him and hits a DDT for 2. Truth comes in and continues the offense on Rey. Rey fights back but Truth hits a corkscrew elbow but Rey kicks out at 2. Truth drags Rey back to the corner and tags in Miz.
Rey crawls for a tag but Miz pulls him back. Miz stomps away on Rey and whips him in the corner. Miz with a big clothesline in the corner. Miz goes to the top but Rey kicks him in mid-air as he comes down. Rey finally tags Morrison as Truth comes in. Morrison unloads on Truth and dropkicks Miz. Morrison drops Truth for a 2 count. Morrison goes for Starship Pain but Miz pulls Truth out of the way and Morrison hits the mat. Rey flies over the ropes and lands on Miz. Truth comes back in but Morrison kicks him into the ropes. Rey comes in and goes for 619 but Miz pulls hi to the floor. Miz tosses Rey over and into the crowd. Miz comes to the apron but Morrison springboard kicks him to the floor. Morrison turns around to Truth’s finisher for the pin.
Winners: The Miz and R-Truth
– After the match, Miz lifts Morrison and lays him out with the Skull Crushing Finale. Truth brings a bottle of water in the ring and hits Morrison in the head with it as Miz holds him up. Truth and Miz have their hands raised again in victory before leaving Morrison lay.
– We go backstage with Josh Matthews and Triple H. Matthews brings up CM Punk. Triple H says Punk thinks he dropped a big bomb by bringing up Stephanie McMahon. Triple H says that’s old and tells Punk to get some new material. Triple H says if John Cena wants to come out later tonight, that’s fine, anyone can come out. Triple H says Cena should keep it strictly business. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero. Vickie talks about the WWE Title situation and lets Dolph speak. He says when he said “follow that!” last week, it was a message to everyone in WWE. Ziggler says nobody is better than him. Alex Riley’s music hits and out he comes, interrupting. Riley puts down Vickie and says Dolph has had a good career so far but asks when did Ziggler last accomplish something on his own. Riley says Dolph is hiding behind Vickie like Miz hid behind him. Riley says if Ziggler wants to be a real man, he needs to drop Vickie. Riley says Ziggler may be exposed for what he is – a bleach blonde, arrogant fraud, if he doesn’t have Vickie. Ziggler walks away with Vickie, telling Riley he doesn’t belong out here with him. Ziggler stops and takes his coat and title belt off, handing them to Vickie. Ziggler looks like he’s ready to fight but he drops and rolls out of the ring. Ziggler backs up the ramp talking trash as Riley’s music hits.
– We get more hype for the WWE Title situation. Zack Ryder and Santino Marella are shown walking to the ring as are WWE Tag Team Champions David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty. Back to commercial.
David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty vs. Santino Marella and Zack Ryder
Back from the break and out comes WWE Tag Team Champions Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga for this non-title match. Santino Marella is out next followed by his partner Zack Ryder. Santino and McGillicutty start things out with Santino striking first. McGillicutty knocks Santino down and goes to work, tagging in Otunga for some double teaming in the corner.
Otunga comes in to work Santino over as a “we want Ryder” chant breaks out. Cole talks about Ryder’s custom-made Internet title belt. Santino fights back on Otunga and tags in Ryder. Ryder with a back elbow on McGillicutty, who also comes in on a tag. Ryder drops both of the champs and hits a big running kick on McGillicutty. 2 count by Ryder as Otunga breaks it up. Santino chases Otunga off with the Cobra but gets taken down by McGillicutty. McGillicutty turns around but blocks Ryder and tags in Otunga for more double teaming in the corner.
Otunga gets the pin out of nowhere on Ryder for the win.
Winners: Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga
– More hype for tonight’s segment with Triple H, John Cena and CM Punk as we go to break.
– Back from commercial and we see a replay from earlier where Triple H suggested to CM Punk that he not break the rules and Punk brought up Stephanie McMahon. We see Punk backstage with Josh Matthews. Punk says he’s waiting on Triple H’s decision just like everyone else. Punk says he was testing Hunter earlier and he passed with flying colors. Punk says their relationship will be strictly business from here on out. Punk says he beat Cena at Money in the Bank and the champ is here.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Evan Bourne
We go to the ring where Ricardo Rodriguez begins to introduce Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio comes in driving a Rolls Royce. Del Rio makes his way to the ring with his Money in the Bank briefcase as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Evan Bourne.
The bell rings and Bourne goes to work with kicks. Del Rio drops him with a boot and gets a 2 count. Del Rio goes to work on Bourne’s arm, using the ropes. Del Rio with a dropkick and a 2 count. More mat work from Del Rio as he works on Bourne’s arm. Bourne fights back with kicks but Del Rio hits a backbreaker for another 2 count.
Del Rio with right hands and an armbar slam for 2. Del Rio continues the attack on Bourne’s left arm. Bourne fights out again using kicks but Del Rio stops him with a headbutt. Bourne blocks a suplex with knees to the head and comes back with a series of kicks. Bourne drops Del Rio with a flying knee. Bourne goes up to the top but Del Rio kicks him in the head. Bourne falls hard to the mat. Del Rio applies the armbar submission and Bourne taps out.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Del Rio poses before grabbing Bourne again and applying the armbar. Kofi Kingston runs out for the save, sending Del Rio and Ricardo to the ramp.
– Triple H is shown backstage heading to the ring as we go back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and out comes Triple H. He says for the first time, there are two WWE Champions – CM Punk and John Cena, and both have legit reasons why they should be WWE Champion. John Laurinaitis comes out and interrupts, making his way to the ring.
Laurinaitis introduces himself and his job, noting that he took it over from Jim Ross. Laurinaitis says it’s his job to sign talents and manage their contracts. Triple H says if he needs to sign a new talent, he will call Laurinaitis and asks him what he wants. Laurinaitis points out Triple H has worked in corporate for a short time but he has worked in WWE corporate for over 10 years. Laurinaitis knows how Vince would think and what he would want Triple H to do. Strip John Cena of the WWE Title, he says. Cena’s music hits and out come one of our WWE Champions.
Cena comes out and talks about Laurinaitis being one of Vince’s yes-men for years and mocks him. Cena says Laurinaitis wants him stripped of the title because he knocked his teeth out at Money in the Bank. Cena tells Triple H if he loses the title, that’s fine, but he won’t let it be stripped. Cena rips on Laurinaitis some more. Laurinaitis tells him he’s out of line and didn’t make his decision off what happened at Money in the Bank. Laurinaitis says Punk beat Cena. Cena says his favorite moment from Money in the Bank was punching Laurinaitis in the head. Cena says he thinks he should do it again right now. Cena threatens Laurinaitis again. Triple H says he doesn’t have a problem with that. Laurinaitis runs out of the ring. Cena asks Triple H if he’s going to strip him of the title. Cena goes on and Triple H says he won’t strip him. Triple H says Cena’s claim to the WWE Title is legitimate.
Triple H says he spoke with Punk after Comic Con and offered him a new deal. Triple H says he didn’t hear back from Punk until Cena was beating Rey in the ring for the WWE Title. Triple H goes on but is interrupted by Cult of Personality as our other WWE Champion CM Punk comes out.
Punk starts talking and the crowd chants his name. Punk wonders if Triple H is going to strip him now. Punk says everything is going back to normal now, where he throws up everyday when he comes back to work. Triple H tells Punk and Cena both to quit whining like little girls. He tells them it’s not Hunter either, he’s their boss. Triple H says we will settle it at SummerSlam with a WWE Champion vs. WWE Champion match. The winner will be the undisputed WWE Champion. Triple H walks off leaving the two champions in the ring. Punk raises his WWE Title as his music hits and the crowd pops. Cena then raises his WWE Title to his music for a pop. They go back and forth doing this, raising their belts in the air. RAW goes off the air with Punk and Cena both playing up to the crowd as their theme songs go back and forth.