WWE Raw Results – August 12, 2013
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with Daniel Bryan coming to the ring. Fans chant “yes” as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. We see footage from last week where Bryan avoided having his beard shaved by Wade Barrett. We also see footage from SmackDown where Bryan beat Barrett. Barrett has requested a rematch and here we go.
Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan
Barrett waits as Bryan makes his entrance. Justin Roberts brings out RAW General Manager Brad Maddox and says he will be the special referee for this match.
The bell rings and they go at it. Bryan with a dropkick early on. Barrett comes back and tosses Bryan out of the ring. Bryan comes back in and takes Barrett down by whipping his leg. More work on the leg by Bryan. Bryan runs the ropes and leaps out onto Barrett. Bryan comes from the apron but Barrett moves and drops Bryan on the floor with a big boot. Barrett sends Bryan into the barrier and brings him back into the ring for more offense in the corner. Barrett sends Bryan back to the floor and Maddox counts. Barrett follows and sends Bryan into the steel steps. They come back in and trade shots. Barrett takes Bryan to the mat.
Bryan comes back and hits a suicide dive out on the floor. Bryan brings it back in the ring for a missile dropkick. Bryan with a bunch of kicks to the chest. Barrett ducks the kick to the head and rolls Bryan up for the win after Maddox does a very fast count.
Winner: Wade Barrett
– After the match, Bryan stares down Maddox in the ring. Bryan backs Maddox into the corner and goes at him but Maddox drops and rolls out of the ring. Maddox heads up the ramp as Bryan looks on. Bryan gets a “no” chant going as we go to replays.
– Still to come, Bryan and John Cena will be on MizTV. Also, CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman. Randy Orton and Damien Sandow are shown backstage as we go to commercial.
Damien Sandow vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and Cody Rhodes is on commentary. Out first comes Damien Sandow with his new and improved briefcase. Out next comes Randy Orton.
They go at it and Sandow drops Orton with a headlock first. Sandow with a headlock now. They run the ropes and Orton drops Sandow with a back elbow. Orton works over Sandow in the corner now. More back and forth action. Orton takes Sandow down with a headlock now. Orton tosses Sandow to the apron but he hangs on. Orton dropkicks him out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sandow drops Orton for a 2 count. Sandow with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Orton ends up on the floor again. Sandow follows and brings him back in for a pin attempt. Orton finally makes a comeback and nails the powerslam, then the draping DDT from the second rope. Cody ends up arguing with and distracting Sandow. Orton nails a RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– We see Rob Van Dam backstage getting ready. There will be a 20-man battle royal tonight to see who faces United States Champion Dean Ambrose at SummerSlam. We see The Shield backstage. They cut a promo on the “old guard” still running around. They are the new generation – hungrier and better. Ambrose talk about the bottle royal and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get Brock Lesnar’s message to CM Punk that aired on SmackDown. Josh Mathews is backstage with Punk now. Punk talks about Heyman and their match. Punk predicts he will see Lesnar tonight.
The Great Khali and Natalya vs. AJ Lee and Big E Langston
We go to the ring and out comes Natalya with The Great Khali and Hornswoggle. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee and Big E Langston. We get a side video of Big E trashing Dolph Ziggler earlier.
AJ slaps Khali to start the match. Natalya comes in and lays her out. Natalya slams AJ back into the corner and stomps on her. Natalya gets countered and shoved into the corner. AJ with a spin kick for a 2 count. We see Ziggler and Kaitlyn watching backstage. AJ works on Natalya in the corner now. AJ takes Natalya to the mat. AJ slams Natalya back down by her hair and covers for a 2 count. Natalya tries for a comeback but AJ kicks her in the gut and then hits a dropkick for 2. AJ yells at Hornswoggle and tries to kick him. AJ takes her down for a Sharpshooter and locks it in. AJ taps but the referee doesn’t count it or something. Natalya goes to the referee to raise her hand but there’s definitely some miscommunication here. Natalya applies the Sharpshooter again and AJ taps out for the win.
Winners: The Great Khali and Natalya
– After the bell, the celebration ends when Big E attacks Khali from behind. Big E tosses Hornswoggle across the ring and kicks him out. Big E turns around to a big overhead chop from Khali. Khali and Natalya dance with Hornswoggle to end the segment.
– Vince McMahon is backstage walking. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and here comes Vince McMahon to talk about the Bryan vs. Barrett match earlier tonight. Vince calls out Brad Maddox. Maddox admits to being a little excited and may have accidentally did a fast count. Vince says everyone makes mistakes. Maddox asks for a second chance. Maddox promises to call it down the middle this time. Vince makes some fun of Bryan. Vince goes to announce that Maddox will special referee SummerSlam but out comes Triple H.
Triple H says he isn’t here to air any dirty laundry. Fans chant for Triple H and Vince tells them to quit feeding his ego. Triple H agrees that we need someone impartial to take control of the WWE Title match and call it right down the line. Triple H doesn’t agree that it should be Brad Maddox. Triple H says it sounds like Vince was referring to him. He drops the mic and nails Maddox with a Pedigree. Vince gets pissed and storms out of the ring. He stares back at Triple H. Cole announces that Triple H will be the special referee for the SummerSlam main event. We go to replays.
– Still to come, MizTV and Punk vs. Heyman. Back to commercial.
Kane vs. Titus O’Neil
Back from the break and here comes Kane. We get a vignette for the Kane vs. Bray Wyatt feud and hype for their SummerSlam match. Titus O’Neil waits and here we go. Kane strikes first and goes to work on Titus as Darren Young watches on.
Kane ends up getting the quick win with a chokeslam.
– After the match, the lights go out and here comes Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan. The lights come on and Kane is gone from the ring as Rowan and Harper try to attack. Bray gets up startled from his rocking chair as we see Kane stand up on the ring. Kane makes the pyro go off but Bray smiles and laughs back at him. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Josh Mathews is backstage with The Bella Twins to talk about Total Divas. We see footage from last week’s RAW where Natalya slapped Brie Bella in front of Nikki and Eva Marie. The Bellas say they are in complete control of the Divas division and up walks Natalya. She proposes a singles match at SummerSlam. Natalya tells her to bring Nikki and Eva Marie. Natalya says she’s bringing Cameron and Naomi, here they come walking up. The match is on. More arguing. Brie slaps Natalya and walks off.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston
We go to the ring and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio without Ricardo Rodriguez. We see footage of the beatdown last week. Out next comes Kofi Kingston.
Good back and forth match. Kofi ends up springboarding into the ring but Del Rio catches him with knees in mid-air. Del Rio with the cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– We see Mark Henry backstage getting ready for the battle royal. Back to commercial.
– We get hype for Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio at SummerSlam. They air a music video looking at Christian’s career. Christian is backstage with Renee Young now. Christian says at SummerSlam, he will become the World Heavyweight Champion for a third time and prove what he’s been saying is true – all he needs is one… more… match. Del Rio walks up and laughs at Christian. He says something in Spanish and walks off.
Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro vs. The Usos
We go to the ring and out comes Zeb Colter with The Real Americans. Colter cuts a promo on California as they walk to the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out come The Usos. Cesaro misses a kick and Uso goes to work on him. Cesaro moves from the corner and finally hits the big boot for a pin attempt. Swagger tags in for some double teaming on Uso. 2 count by Swagger. Cesaro gets some cheap shots in while the referee is distracted. Swagger nails a Swagger Bomb and in comes Cesaro for some more double teaming. 2 count by Cesaro. Cesaro and Uso trade shots now. Cesaro stops a tag and in comes Swagger. Swagger keeps Uso on the mat now.
Swagger and Jey Uso tag in next. They go at it. Uso hits a Samoan Drop. Uso hits the splash in the corner and goes for a pin but Cesaro pulls Swagger out of the ring to break the pin. The Usos nail suicide dives to the floor. Colter distracts the referee which allows The Usos to hit a double team move for the win.
Winners: The Usos
– Still to come, MizTV. Back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and the ring is set up for MizTV with SummerSlam host The Miz. The Miz brings out Daniel Bryan first. Out next comes WWE Champion John Cena.
Cena talks about Triple H being special referee at SummerSlam and likes the decision. Cena goes on and says it will be a hell of a fight on Sunday. The Miz speaks but Bryan cuts him off and threatens to punch him in the face if he doesn’t shut up. Bryan doesn’t get it – why do people think all Bryan is capable of is a good fight. Cena tries to interrupt but Bryan hushes him. Bryan talks about how Cena is more style and substance, in it for the glory and not the wrestling. They go on and Cena gets ready to fight. Cena cuts a promo about believing. More talking by Cena. Cena brings up granting a Make-A-Wish wish today and the crowd pops. Cena says he’s proud of who he is and what he’s become. Cena goes on. Bryan says there it is – Cena spelled it out – he doesn’t respect Bryan. Bryan says Cena isn’t treating this like he treated his matches with The Rock or Shawn Michaels because Cena respected them. Bryan yells about how all he wants is to win the WWE Title once. Bryan says for Cena, this is just another SummerSlam but for Bryan, this is the biggest match of his life. Bryan says in Japan before big matches, the wrestlers would slap each other to hype the match up as a tradition. Bryan comes face to face with Cena. He says he wishes he could do that to Cena right now but he can’t because Cena is not a wrestler and doesn’t deserve it. Cena slaps Bryan and tells him to smack back. Bryan says Cena doesn’t deserve it. Here comes Triple H.
Triple H gets in between Cena and Bryan but here comes Randy Orton to the stage. Orton stares down at the ring as his music plays.
– Still to come, Punk vs. Heyman. Back to commercial.
Fandango vs. R-Truth
Back from the break and Fandango is making his entrance with Summer Rae. Out next comes R-Truth. They end up having a dance-off before the bell. Fandango attacks Truth while he’s dancing. They brawl and Fandango escapes the ring to leave the match.
– We see Ryback backstage getting ready for the battle royal. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Paul Heyman is backstage with Curtis Axel. Axel asks if he’s nervous. Heyman says he thinks he’s having second thoughts.
#1 Contender’s Battle Royal: Rob Van Dam, Tensai, Brodus Clay, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre, Ryback, Mark Henry, Justin Gabriel, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, The Great Khali, R-Truth, Fandango, Darren Young, Titus O’Neil, Kofi Kingston, Wade Barrett
The winner of this will face Dean Ambrose for the United States Title on the SummerSlam pre-show. Rob Van Dam is out first followed by Tons of Funk and 3MB. Ryback is out next as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and more Superstars are out. Here comes Mark Henry. Ryback tosses Young and Gabriel early on. Tensai and Ryback go at it. Tensai is eliminated. Titus and Cesaro go at it. 3MB eliminate one of The Usos. Henry works on Kofi in the corner. Khali works on Swagger. RVD tries to eliminate Ryback but can’t. Titus and Barrett beat Henry down in the corner. Brodus and Slater go at it. Kofi fights Ryback off now. Khali with big chops on Barrett.
Truth eliminates Fandango. Fandango comes back in the ring and tosses Truth out to the floor. Someone else tosses Fandango back out. It appears Truth is eliminated. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see Brodus, Khali and 3MB were eliminated. Swagger and Cesaro eliminate the other Uso. They work on Henry now. RVD eliminates Titus. Kofi does cool spots with The Real Americans but gets eliminated. Henry later eliminates both of them. Ryback cuts off a Rolling Thunder with a spear. Henry and RVD eliminate Ryback. RVD ends up getting the win.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Rob Van Dam
– After the match, The Shield come out to corner Henry and RVD, who had a show of respect. Big Show’s music hits and out he comes to stand with Henry and RVD.
– Still to come, Punk vs. Heyman. Back to commercial.
CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman
Back from the break and out comes Paul Heyman for the main event. Heyman is not dressed to wrestle. Heyman says this is all a conspiracy and introduces his co-conspirator – Brock Lesnar. Lesnar comes out and Heyman shows us a video package of Lesnar beating up on Punk.
Heyman says he’s willing to fight Punk tonight, only if it’s a handicap match with Lesnar by his side. Heyman demands an answer. Punk’s music hits but he comes from behind and grabs a camera from the cameraman on the apron. Punk hits Lesnar with the camera and sends him to the floor. Punk flies out with a suicide dive and nails some chairshots to the back. Punk chases Heyman up the ramp. Heyman runs to the back but Curtis Axel brawls with Punk on the ramp. Punk drops Axel with a GTS on the stage. RAW goes off the air with Punk looking at Lesnar, who is still down at ringside.