WWE Raw Results – December 12, 2011
- Tonight’s RAW Supershow opens up with the normal RAW video package. We go to a promo for the 2011 Slammy Awards. A woman’s voice welcomes us to the “must see event of the year” and we’re live as the pyro goes off in the arena. Michael Cole welcomes us to the Slammys and he’s joined by Jerry Lawler.
- Booker T comes out first, accompanied by Eve Torres, to present the “Tell Me I Did Not See That Moment” Slammy. His co-presenter Hornswoggle is out next, accompanied by Alicia Fox. Hornswoggle is rocking an afro tonight.
Hornswoggle speaks and he’s got some slang going on tonight. The nominees for the Slammy are Jim Ross for dancing against Michael Cole on RAW, Santino Marella for almost eliminating Alberto Del Rio at the Royal Rumble, R-Truth for getting got by Little Jimmy and The Miz for impersonating The Rock on RAW and attacking John Cena. And the winner is… Jim Ross. Ross comes out to the stage to accept his award and Michael Cole interrupts him from the ring. Cole insults Ross. Booker T calls Cole a loser and bets that Ross can beat Cole right now in a rap-off.
Booker, Hornswoggle and Ross head to the ring as Cole awaits. Cole says he listens to Eminem, not eat M&M’s like JR does. Cole says let’s get jiggy with it and starts moving around before attempting a rap. Very pathetic performance by Cole and this is rough TV. Booker says it was the worse rap he’s ever heard. JR is up next and he says he doesn’t need any music. They play music anyway and Ross raps at Cole. Ross fails also but is announced the winner. They celebrate and Ross goes to leave the ring but Booker stops him. Booker says the people want to see what they’ve never seen before – a J-R-Rooni. Ross impersonates Booker and does a very bad move on his back. Very hard to watch.
- We get hype for Superstar of the Year. Mick Foley is shown walking backstage and will be presenting the next Slammy. To commercial we go.
- Back from the break and out comes Mick Foley and The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase Sr. for the “Holy @! Moment of the Year” Slammy. The nominees are Sheamus powerbombing Sin Cara through a ladder, Randy Orton catching Christian with an RKO on steel steps, Big Show & Mark Henry collapsing the ring, and Evan Bourne hitting the Air Bourne off a ladder. The winners are Show and Henry. Big Show comes out to accept the Slammy. Show says the World Heavyweight Title would look good with the Slammy. Big Show says he’s headed to the ring to bash someone’s head in and makes his way down the ramp.
Big Show vs. Wade Barrett
Show’s opponent Wade Barrett is out next. Barrett cuts a promo on Randy Orton and says if Show leaves TLC as the World Heavyweight Champion, then the Barrett Barrage is coming for him. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is on the floor. He fights his way in the ring but Show drops him with a shoulder. Barrett ends up on the floor again where a table is set up. Show tries to put him through it but can’t. Barrett goes to the top to put Show through the table. Show gets up and breaks the table with his hands and knocks Barrett across the ring. Barrett brings a chair in the ring and swings it to get disqualified. Big Show connects with a knockout punch to the chair and a clothesline to send Barrett out of the ring.
Winner by DQ: Big Show
- More hype for the Superstar of the Year and Cena vs. Henry for tonight before going back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Road Dogg Jesse “BG” James as a surprise Slammy presenter. He raps and says he’s going to try to keep his words PG. He presents the Slammy for Pipebomb of the Year. We get a video package with lots of clips put together featuring CM Punk, The Rock, Booker T, Steve Austin, Sheamus, Mean Gene, Zack Ryder, John Laurinaitis, Teddy Long and others. Road Dogg announces the winner and it’s WWE Champion CM Punk.
Punk brings out a mannequin and stands beside it at the podium as the crowd chants his name. Punk rattles off some thank you’s and talks about someone who deserves to be in the spotlight like him. Punk compares this person to the mannequin and lifts up its shirt. Punk presents us with a tribute to John Laurinaitis on the big screen to “The Touch” by Stan Bush. We see clips of Laurinaitis recently and lots of clips from throughout his career. Punk accepts his award on Laurinaitis’ behalf and mocks him.
- Punk and Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio and The Miz is still to come tonight. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes former WWE Diva Lita to present the Divalicious Slammy Award. Lita says she’s had an entire career of Divalicious moments and talks about some of them. The nominees are Natalya for her double Sharpshooter on Eve Torres and Alicia Fox, Kelly Kelly for winning the Divas Title, Kharma for attacking Michelle McCool and Beth Phoenix or her top rope Glam Slam on Eve. The winner is Kelly Kelly. She comes out but is interrupted by Natalya and Divas Champion Beth Phoenix. Kelly slaps Beth in the face. Natalya holds her back as Lita raises Kelly’s arm.
- Cole shows us a WWE ’12 preview of Cena vs. Henry.
- Santino Marella comes out to present the Slammy for “OMG Moment of the Year.” He’s joined by The Bella Twins. The nominees are Triple H for hitting the Tombstone on Undertaker, The Rock for hitting the Rock Bottom on John Cena, the WWE roster walking out on Triple H and CM Punk for leaving Money in the Bank with the WWE Title. The winner is Triple H and out he comes.
Triple H comes out with a sledgehammer and goes right to the ring.
Triple H says the OMG Moment wasn’t what we saw. It was when the match was over and The Undertaker couldn’t leave the ring on his own power for the first time in his career. Triple H says Taker was carried from the ring and only one man left – him. 9 months later and Undertaker is no more. The OMG Moment was at WrestleMania when The Streak came to an end, he says. Triple H addresses Kevin Nash next and shows the clip from two weeks ago when Nash attacked him from behind with the sledgehammer and then backstage.
Triple H talks about their match and TLC and says after Sunday, Nash is done. Triple H heads up the ramp and stops as Santino tries to hand him the Slammy. Triple H makes him run off and poses with the sledgehammer before we go back to commercial.
- David Otunga and Tony Atlas come out to present the Slammy for Trending Star of the Year. Atlas just laughs while Otunga tries to present the award. This goes on for a few minutes and Otunga yells at Atlas. The nominees are Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder.
Zack Ryder vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Cody Rhodes
The four nominees will compete to see who the Trending Star of the Year is. Zack Ryder is out first followed by Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan and finally United States Champion Dolph Ziggler.
The bell rings and Cody beats Bryan down while Ryder and Ziggler go at it. The first man to trend worldwide on Twitter will win the match they say. Cody and Dolph get dumped to opposites sides of the ring. Ryder and Bryan leap out onto their opponents as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan goes at it in the ring with Ryder. Ryder stops Bryan with knees to the face and starts fist pumping. Ryder with the kick to the head in the corner and a 2 count. They run the ropes and collide in mid-air. Cody slides in the ring and gets 2 counts on both men. Ziggler comes in and has words with Rhodes. They agree to attack Ryder and Bryan. Ryder ends up on the floor and they double team Bryan. Cody shoves Dolph into the corner and Dolph shoves him back. Bryan rolls Cody up or a 2 count. Ziggler works on Ryder in the corner as Bryan and Cody trade several pin attempts. Cody throws Bryan out to the floor and they double team Ryder before tossing him out. Ziggler rolls Cody up from behind for 2. Cody connects with a clothesline and slams him on his head for a 2 count.
Dolph rolls out to the floor and we go to commercial.
Dolph rolls out to the floor and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cody has Ryder in a Figure Four. Ryder makes a comeback but gets clotheslined by Ziggler on the apron. Bryan comes in and goes at it with Ziggler and Ryder, all three clotheslining each other at once. Cody springboard kicks Ziggler in the head but only gets 2. Bryan hits Cody with a flurry of uppercuts and kicks in the corner followed by a big dropkick. Bryan goes up top but Cody knocks him off. Ziggler charges in the corner on Ryder but he moves. Ryder goes up top but Ziggler stops him. Ziggler brings Ryder down with a superplex. Cody then brings Bryan down to the mat with a superplex of his own. Cody and Ziggler get up first trading shots in the middle of the ring. Ryder goes for the Ruff Ryder on Cody but ends up hitting it on Ziggler. Cody hits Cross Rhodes on Ryder. Bryan comes up and locks the LaBell Lock on Cody. Dolph breaks it up with a sleeper on Bryan. Bryan fights out but Ziggler nails the Zig Zag for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Jerry Lawler comes in the ring to present the Slammy. The winner for Trending Star of the Year is Zack Ryder. Ryder takes the award but Dolph lays him down from behind. Dolph takes the Slammy and his US Title before walking off with Vickie Guerrero.
- More hype for Cena vs. Henry before going back to commercial.
- Christian comes out to present the Slammy for Game Changer of the Year. He comes out on crutches and wearing a neck brace. Christian asks how he’s not nominated for this award or Superstar of the Year. Christian calls the fans stupid and blames it on them. The nominees are Vince McMahon being relieved of his duties by Triple H, Edge being forced to retire, Kevin Nash attacking CM Punk and The Rock & John Cena making their WrestleMania match. The Rock challenging John Cena wins and out comes Cena to accept the Slammy.
Cena comes out and acts like he’s introducing The Rock on the big screen. The crowd boos when Rock doesn’t appear. Cena mocks Rock for saying he would never leave. Cena teases a taped clip from The Rock but doesn’t have that either. Cena apologizes on behalf of Team Bring It for not bringing it. Cena goes on and says WrestleMania will be the biggest day in the history of WWE. Cena says they will change the game forever and walks off. Cole plugs Cena vs. Henry for later tonight and the tag team main event before going back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get highlights from the WWE Title contract signing last week.
Alberto Del Rio and The Miz vs. CM Punk and Randy Orton
Ricardo Rodriguez introduces Alberto Del Rio as Del Rio comes driving into the arena. Out next comes his partner The Miz. Randy Orton is out next for his team followed by WWE Champion CM Punk.
Punk and Miz start things out. Punk takes Miz down first and kicks him in the back. Punk keeps control and tags in Orton for a bit of double team stomping. Orton drops a big knee on Miz for a 2 count. Orton with a slam and another 2 count. Miz turns it around and tags in Del Rio. Del Rio keeps control of Orton and brings Miz back in. Miz keeps Orton in the corner until he fights out with right hands. Miz beats Orton back down in the corner and Del Rio gets a cheap shot in. Miz with a 2 count. Miz applies a headlock on Orton now.
Orton fights out with a backdrop. Punk and Del Rio come in at the same time. Punk unloads and drops Del Rio with a DDT for a 2 count. Punk hits the high knee in the corner and then the bulldog for another 2 count. Del Rio slides out of GTS and distracts the referee, allowing Miz to drop Punk from behind. Del Rio tags in Miz as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz has control of Punk. Punk tries a backslide but Miz comes back with a clothesline for a 2 count. Del Rio comes back in and stomps away on Punk. Miz tags in and stops Punk from getting to Orton. In comes Del Rio again with a cross armbreaker and a 2 count on Punk. Del Rio works Punk’s arm over int he corner and tags in Miz to keep up the assault on Punk. Punk counters the Skull Crushing Finale with GTS but Miz blocks that. Punk counters again and drops Miz with a kick to the head. Del Rio still stops Punk from tagging. Wade Barrett attacks Orton from behind and lays him out. Miz misses a clothesline in the corner but avoids GTS. Miz lays Punk out with Skull Crushing Finale for the win.
Winners: The Miz and Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Orton gets up and heads through the crowd to find Barrett. Miz and Del Rio bring a ladder into the ring and beat Punk down with it. Del Rio stomps on Punk while the ladder is laid across his back. Del Rio wraps Punk’s arm in the ladder rungs with an armbar. Miz drops down with a mic and taunts Punk. Miz says one of them is taking the WWE Title from Punk at TLC. Miz taunts Punk some more and says his pipe bomb is going to blow up in his face.
- Cole casts his vote online for The Miz as Superstar of the Year before we get another Kane return vignette.
- Back from the break and Vickie Guerrero is out followed by Goldust to present the Slammy for A-Lister of the Year. The nominees are The Muppets, Snooki, Cee-Lo and Hugh Jackman. The winner is Snooki but she can’t be here tonight. We see a pre-recorded video of Snooki accepting her Slammy. Snooki says she loves the fans, loves Vince McMahon and wishes her fellow Guido Zack Ryder luck at TLC.
- Josh Matthews is backstage with World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry. Henry says the World Title is staying with him at TLC. He says John Cena should be worried about getting inducted into the Hall of Pain tonight and we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Jinder Mahal
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus. His opponent Jinder Mahal is out next. Mahal cuts a promo on Sheamus and says Sheamus will be a part of his Slammy winning performance tonight. Mahal enters the ring and gets caught with a Brogue Kick. The match never begins and Sheamus backs up the ramp as his music plays. We go right back to commercial.
- Back from commercial and Rey Mysterio comes out to present the Superstar of the Year Slammy. Mysterio says this is the most important award because the fans pick the winner. The nominees are Randy Orton, The Miz, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Mark Henry and John Cena. The winner is… CM Punk.
John Laurinaitis comes out instead and says Punk is in no shape to accept this award, so he’s accepting it on his behalf.
- We see Mark Henry headed to the ring backstage but a new cryptic video for January 2012 interrupts before we go to commercial.
- Cole and Lawler talks about a woman who met Vince McMahon oveseas in Afghanistan and showed him a picture of her son with a WWE title belt. They show the woman’s son and her husband at ringside and wish her a Merry Christmas.
Mark Henry vs. John Cena
We go to the ring and out first comes the World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry. John Cena is out next. They go at it but Henry shoves Cena down to the mat and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Henry is still in control of Cena. Cena tries to fight back but Henry squashes him for a 2 count.
Cena fights out of a hold with a backdrop and hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Henry just falls on him. Henry beats Cena down in the corner now. Henry scoops Cena up but he slides out. Cena fights back with right hands and a shoulder block. Henry grabs Cena out of the air and applies a bear hug. Cena breaks free but Henry catches him with a World’s Strongest Slam. Pyro goes off on the stage and Kane’s music starts playing.
Kane, or what appears to be Kane, makes his way to the ring with a new mask on. Kane ends up chokeslamming John Cena and laying him out. The pyro hits again and he takes the mask off. RAW goes off the air with the mystery Kane standing tall.
From TMZ.com: TNA Wrestling's flagship show "Impact Wrestling" could soon be without a home -- Sp...
Trivia 1997 – The Monday Night War continued: WCW Monday Nitro defeated WWF Monday Night Raw: ...
- CM Punk's latest video with Nerdist from San Diego Comic Con is below. Punk talks about almost buy...
- WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross tweeted the following this evening: This could well be a blockbuster...
- Brie Bella revealed on Twitter that she will be at Monday's RAW from Houston. She tweeted: Inte...