WWE Raw Results – December 13, 2010
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with hype for the 2010 Slammy Awards. We got to the arena where we get an introduction to the Slammys like something you’d hear at the Grammy’s. Michael Cole welcomes us to an award show like none other, he says. The Slammys has its own theme song. Cole is joined by Jerry Lawler and CM Punk on commentary.
– We go to the ring and Justin Roberts introduces actor, producer, fashion designer and former WCW World Champion David Arquette. Arquette comes out to the stage and steps up to the podium. Arquette calls himself one of the greatest WCW Champions of all-time. Arquette says he beat a man called Eric Bischoff and Bischoff’s name gets no reaction. Arquette plays a heel role against the crowd and presents the Shocker of the Year Award. Nominees are The Miz cashing in against Randy Orton, Nexus debuting on RAW and attacking John Cena, Paul Bearer turning on The Undertaker and Randy Orton punt kicking Chris Jericho. The Slammy goes to…. the debut of Nexus on RAW.
Out comes Wade Barrett to accept the Slammy. Lots of boo’s from the crowd for Barrett. Barrett says he accepts the award on behalf of Nexus and says they wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for him. Barrett talks about having the power to re-hire John Cena. Barrett talks about how Nexus are going to kick him out if he fails to re-hire Cena. Barrett says he hasn’t made his decision yet but will make it before the end of tonight’s show. Barrett says he will be creating many more shocking moments in WWE and thanks the crowd. As he walks off, the e-mail alert goes off. Cole steps up to the podium to read the General Manager’s e-mail. Barrett is in action up next, against Big Show. Show’s music hits and out he comes to the stage. Show gets in Barrett’s face and takes his Slammy award, heading to the ring with it. Barrett follows Show down to the ring.
Big Show vs. Wade Barrett
The bell rings and Barrett stalls a bit before going outside to the floor. Barrett wants none of Big Show. They finally go at it and Show takes Barrett to the corner. Show hits Barrett with a huge chop. Barrett pokes Show in the eye and goes to work on his legs. Barrett knocks Show down to one knee after working him over for a few minutes. Show comes back and beats Barrett down with big shots to the back. They go out to the floor and Show hits Barrett with another massive chop and brings him back in the ring.
Barrett goes back to the floor and grabs his Slammy award. Barrett is pissed as he takes off up the ramp and to the back.
Winner by Count Out: Big Show
– Back from the break and out comes Kelly Kelly and Tyson Kidd to present the Despicable Me Award. Kidd comes out with his new bodyguard right behind him. Kidd interrupts and introduces his new bodyguard as Jackson Andrews. Kidd insults Kelly for using big words just now. Kidd continues to insult Kelly. Kelly fires back about his haircut and goes on with the award. The nominees are Drew McIntyre for humiliating Teddy Long, Kane for burying Undertaker alive, Vince McMahon for kicking Bret Hart instead of shaking his hand and CM Punk for singing happy birthday to Rey Mysterio’s daughter. The Slammy goes to… CM Punk. Punk celebrates with Cole at the announcers table. Punk is all happy as he heads up to the stage to accept the award. Punk says this proves that if you work hard and believe in yourself, you can make all your dreams come true. Punk says he did what he did to Mysterio because he wronged him. Punk says he gets even when that happens. Punk says there is another individual backstage who has wronged him. Punk tells this person he will get even one day. Punk says he holds grudges and he will get revenge. Punk says if you think what he did to Rey Mysterio was despicable, you haven’t seen anything yet.
Kofi Kingston and Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler and Ted DiBiase
Out comes Kofi Kingston to the ring next. WWE’s United States Champion Daniel Bryan is out next with The Bella Twins on his arms. Out next come their opponents, WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero and his partner Ted DiBiase, with Maryse. We go to commercial as DiBiase makes his entrance.
Back from the break and Ziggler has Bryan down on the mat with a headlock as Maryse, Vickie and The Bellas cheer on from ringside. Bryan fights out but Ziggler lands a 2 count. Ted is tagged in now and goes to work on Bryan. Ted with a few pin attempts and another tag to Dolph. Ziggler with a neckbreaker and a 2 count. Ted comes back in for a bit more double teaming. Ted continues the assault on Bryan with a headlock on the mat. Bryan comes back and Ted ends up on the floor. Kofi and Ziggler come in. Kofi with dropkicks and a big shot from the ropes. Kofi hits the Boom Drop. Kofi then hits Trouble in Paradise on Ziggler for the win.
Winners: Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston
– Still to come tonight, Sheamus vs. John Morrison and the WWE Superstar of the Year Slammy Award. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov to present the Slammy Award for Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year. The nominees are Mike Tyson for knocking out Chris Jericho, Pee Wee Herman for going at it with The Miz, Wayne Brady for getting RKO’d by Randy Orton and William Shatner for performing his own rendition of WWE theme songs. The Slammy goes to Pee Wee Herman. Footage of Pee Wee airs on the big screen and it’s him accepting the award. Pee Wee says he is overwhelmed and thanks everyone involved including The Miz and Big Show. Pee Wee says he’s ready to come back whenever WWE lets him.
– We see Wade Barrett backstage. Nexus walks up with David Otunga at the front. Otunga asks Barrett what his decision is and Barrett doesn’t reply. Otunga says if he doesn’t re-hire Cena, Nexus will still be fine but Barrett might not. Otunga says Barrett’s singles career didn’t look too promising earlier. Barrett smiles and thanks Otunga for opening his eyes. Barrett says he realizes what he has to do now and walks off. We go to commercial.
Mark Henry vs. Cody Rhodes
Back from the break and out comes Cody Rhodes for the next match. His opponent, Cody Rhodes, comes out next. Lots of back and forth in the match. The end comes when Cody hits a knee to the back off the ropes on Henry for the upset win, as Cole calls it.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
– Cole plugs the Move of the Year Award which is up next. Back to commercial we go.
– Back from commercial and out comes Jerry Lawler and Vickie Guerrero to the stage to present the Holy S@#! Award. Lawler and Vickie take comedy shots at each other. The nominees are John Morrison, Kofi Kingston’s Boom Drop at Money in the Bank, John Cena’s FU to Batista through the stage and Randy Orton’s RKO in mid-air to Evan Bourne. The winner is… John Cena for putting Batista out of action. Lawler talks about how Cena is fired but Wade Barrett comes out to interrupt. Barrett takes the Slammy and heads down to the ring. Barrett says he is about to make his decision. The crowd chants for Cena.
Barrett keeps going to talk but the crowd is chanting hard for Cena. Barrett says he won’t make his decision unless Cena comes out to the ring right now. Barrett tells Cena to come out from wherever he’s hiding. Cena appears in the crowd and makes his way to ringside, eventually entering the ring. Barrett says this decision is a major one because it affects a lot of people. Nexus come walking down the ramp and head to the ring, surrounding it. Barrett announces that Cena is officially re-hired… on two conditions. One is that Cena face Barrett in a Chairs Match at TLC and two, Cena agrees to go one-on-one with David Otunga. Otunga doesn’t like the sound of this but Cena does. Barrett says he is going to show Cena why he decided to re-hire him. Barrett drops to the floor and Nexus gets on the apron. Nexus attacks Cena and beat him down. Barrett comes in with a chair and beats Cena with it as Nexus looks on. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see replays of John Cena being re-hired and then beat down by Wade Barrett and Nexus.
– We go to the stage and David Arquette is back out to the podium, this time trying to look like Elvis. Arquette talks about a new theater in Hollywood he is opening. Arquette introduces the WWE Universe Fan Reaction of the Year Award. The nominees are the kid reactin to John Cena joining Nexus, the woman crying when Shawn Michaels retired at WrestleMania, some goofy guy in the crowd and the angry little girl reacting to The Miz cashing in on Randy Orton. The award goes to angry Miz girl. The irl is here tonight and out she comes with her dad. Her name is Caylee. She thanks her dad for bringing her to RAW and her sister for standing up for her. The Miz’s music hits and out comes the WWE Champion with Alex Riley.
Miz talks to the girl and says he should take her Slammy for safe keeping. Miz tells her to show the face again that won her the Slammy. Miz mocks her. The girl gets upset again and Miz walks to the ring with Riley and Arquette. Miz says if anyone deserves a Slammy it’s him, not a nine-year old girl. Miz talks about how bad he will beat Randy Orton at TLC. The e-mail alert goes off and Cole steps up to read the e-mail. It’s announced that both Miz and Orton will face former Champions tonight. Miz’s match starts right now and out comes Rey Mysterio.
The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
Out comes Rey Mysterio to a big pop. The bell rings and Miz strikes with a kick to the gut. Miz takes Rey to the corner with kicks. Rey tosses Miz to the floor with a head scissors and leaps off the apron onto him with a senton. We go to commercial as Rey tells Riley to back off.
Back from the break and Rey fights back as Riley and Arquette look on. Rey takes Miz down with a headscissors and goes for the bulldog. Miz blocks it but Rey is barely able to hit it. Rey goes for 619 when Albert Del Rio’s music hits. Del Rio comes walking down the ramp. Rey runs out to the floor but stops and turns his attention back to Miz but it’s too late. Miz lays Rey out on the floor as Del Rio looks on and laughs. Miz rolls Rey back into the ring but only gets a 2 count.
Miz takes Rey to the top but Rey fights him off. Rey knocks Miz to the mat and hits a senton. 2 count by Rey. They go back and forth until Rey hits a big kick to the head. 2 count by Rey. Rey drops Miz again for the 619 but Del Rio gets on the apron. Miz comes from behind to hit Rey but he moves and Miz hits Del Rio. Rey with a roll-up for 2. Rey goes for 619 again but Del Rio hits him as the referee is distracted. Miz takes advantage and pins Mysterio for the win.
Winner: The Miz
– After the match, Mysterio chases Del Rio to the back while Miz celebrates in the ring with Riley and Arquette. The e-mail alert goes off and it’s announced that Randy Orton will face Alex Riley and David Arquette in a Handicap Match later tonight. Arquette is happy about this but Miz and Riley don’t like it. We get a plug for the Divas Battle Royal later tonight and Sheamus vs. John Morrison before taking another break.
– Back from commercial and out comes Edge to present the Oh Snap! Meltdown Moment of the Year Slammy Award. Edge cuts a promo on Kane and says he needs a co-presenter tonight for this award. Someone he has had chemistry with over the years. Out comes Christian with his arm still in a sling. Christian says he hopes Alberto Del Rio wins this award tonight because he hasn’t forgot why he is out with injury. The nominees are Big Show for destroying Jack Swagger’s trophies, Alberto Del Rio for injuring Rey Mysterio’s arm, Edge for destroying the RAW GM’s laptop and Batista quitting WWE while in the wheelchair. The winner is Ede, for destroying the laptop. Edge cuts a promo on the RAW GM and says he has forced him to face Swagger tonight. Christian makes his phone do the e-mail alert sound and jokes around that he has a new e-mail from the GM. Edge calls Michael Cole a massive tool and heads to the back with Christian.
Sheamus vs. John Morrison
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus for the next match. His opponent John Morrison is out next for their rubber match. The bell rings and they go right at it. Sheamus takes it to the corner and slaps Morrison. Sheamus beats Morrison down in the corner. Morrison spears Sheamus and they’re all over each other. The referee is trying hard but can’t stop the two from beating on each other. He calls for the bell and it’s a double disqualification.
– After the match, more WWE referees rush to the ring and try to separate Sheamus and Morrison. The crowd chants to “let them fight.” The e-mail alert goes off and it’s announced that they will face each other in a Ladder Match at TLC with the winner being the new WWE Title #1 contender. Sheamus attacks Morrison and goes to the floor. Sheamus goes to bring a ladder in the ring as officials are checking on Morrison. Morrison turns around and Sheamus decks him with the ladder from the floor. Sheamus props the ladder up between the apron and the announcer’s table. Sheamus puts Morrison on his shoulders, gets a running start and throws Morrison over the top rope and onto the ladder. Morrison lands hard and looks to be in pain as officials check on him.
– Cole plugs the Handicap Match with Randy Orton vs. Alex Riley and David Arquette as well as John Cena vs. David Otuna, still to come tonight. We go to commercial.
– JTG and William Regal come out to the stage to present the Slammy for Knucklehead Moment of the Year. The nominees are CM Punk for getting unmasked to be shown bald by Big Show, Mae Young for fighting with LayCool on RAW, Beth Phoenix for kissing and eliminating The Great Khali at Royal Rumble and Vladimir Kozlov & Santino Marella for their RAW dance-off. The winners are LayCool for the Mae Young moment. Layla and Michelle McCool come out to accept the award and start ripping on Mae. McCool says it’s time to win their second Slammy of the night and head to the ring for the battle royal. We go to commercial.
Divas Battle Royal: Michelle McCool, Layla, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Maryse, The Bella Twins, Rosa Mendes, Alicia Fox, Melina, Kaitlyn, Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Tamina and Gail Kim
Back from the break and LayCool wait in the ring. Out come the rest of the WWE Divas. Everyone surrounds LayCool and start brawling. Tamina stands back and watches. Tamina eliminates Kaitlyn and Rosa, then goes at it with Eve. Tamina is eliminated by the Bellas. Eve eliminates one of the Bellas. Alicia eliminates Eve. LayCool eliminate the other Bella. Natalya eliminates Maryse. LayCool eliminate Kelly next. Melina and Beth go at it. Beth hits her finisher and eliminates Melina with it. Layla is eliminated by Phoenix. She comes back on the apron and fights with Beth. McCool takes advantage and eliminates Beth. Natalya eliminates Gail and Alicia. It’s down to McCool and Natalya. McCool hits Natalya with a big boot and eliminates her.
Winner and WWE Diva of the Year: Michelle McCool
– After the match, Layla comes in the ring to celebrate with McCool. The e-mail alert goes off and we have another message. It’s announced that LayCool will face Natalya and Beth Phoenix in the first-ever Divas Tag Team Tables Match.
– We see Edge walking to the ring as we go to commercial.
Edge vs. Jack Swagger
We go to the ring as Edge makes his way out to a nice reaction from the crowd. Jack Swagger is out next. The bell rings and they go at it. Lots of back and forth to start. Swagger lands the first 2 count and works on Edge’s arm. Swagger with another 2 count. Swagger takes Edge to the corner and scoops him for a slam. Edge counters and drops Swagger on his neck.
Edge comes back with clotheslines and a 2 count. Swagger gets up and throws Edge belly-to-belly style for another 2 count. Swagger goes for a splash in the corner but Edge puts his foot up. Swagger catches it and goes for the ankle lock. Edge rolls out of it and hits a 2 count. They go back and forth. Edge counters the gutwrench powerbomb with a DDT. Edge gets ready for a spear and nails it on Swagger for the pin and the win.
– We go backstage with The Miz and Alex Riley. Riley isn’t sure about teaming with Arquette tonight. Miz tells him to relax, he will be out there also. Arquette comes in and he’s ready to go. The Miz says he has one goal in mind – to put Randy Orton through a table. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Big Show to present the WWE Moment of the Year Award. Hogan talks some of the top moments from WWE’s history, mentioning Hulk Hogan slamming Andre the Giant. The nominees are John Cena getting fired at Survivor Series, Triple H getting attacked by Sheamus while saying goodbye to Shawn Michaels, Edge spearing Chris Jericho off the announcers table and Shawn Michaels retiring at WrestleMania in the match with Undertaker. The winner is… Shawn Michaels’ final match at WrestleMania. A pre-taped video of Shawn airs with his Slammy award. HBK says he can’t disclose his location for fear that WWE will try and get him to come back. On a serious note, Michaels thanks the fans and says it has been his joy to be a part of many memorable moments over the years. Shawn says he doesn’t miss it but does miss the fans.
– We get more hype for Cena vs. Otunga tonight and the Handicap Match with Randy Orton. Back to commercial.
Handicap Match: Randy Orton vs. Alex Riley and David Arquette
Back from commercial and out comes Randy Orton to a big pop from the crowd. Out next comes the team of Alex Riley and David Arquette, accompanied to the ring by WWE Champion The Miz. The bell rings and it’s Riley starting out with Orton. Orton strikes first and beats Riley back into the corner. Orton with big uppercuts and a big clothesline out of the corner. Orton with another uppercut and a 2 count.
Orton keeps in control until he runs into Riley’s boots. Riley tags in Arquette. Arquette hits Orton but it just angers him and he goes down. Arquette quickly tags Riley back in. Orton drops Riley with a backbreaker. Orton goes for a knee drop but Riley moves and hits a suplex variation. 2 count by Riley. Riley with right hands on Orton now. Orton fights back with kicks and right hands. Riley stops him with a knee to the gut. Riley works over Orton with kicks and rights in his corner now. Arquette chokes Orton as the referee is distracted. Orton fights Riley off and hits a big clothesline, followed by another. Orton with a big powerslam now. Orton with an Angle slam followed by the RKO on Riley for the pin and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– As soon as the match is over, The Miz runs in from behind and lays Orton out. Miz goes to the floor and brings a table into the ring. Arquette helps him stand it up. Miz and Arquette try to double suplex Orton through the table. Orton fights them off but Arquette hits him from behind. Miz flees to the floor while Orton catches Arquette. Miz looks on from the ramp as Orton powerbombs Arquette through the table. Orton’s music hits as he stares the WWE Champion down. We go to replays. Officials come down to the ring to check on Arquette. They load him up on a stretcher while Orton is still staring down with The Miz.
– The announcers plug Cena vs. Otunga one more time as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Lawler runs down the TLC card with CM Punk. Michael Cole is introduced on the stage to present the Slammy for the “And I Quote” Line of the Year Award. Nominees are Santino Marella for dissing Sheamus at the UK RAW, The Miz for botching his promo against Bret Hart, Triple H for cutting on CM Punk saying he looked like he’d been smoking crack with Amy Winehouse, John Cena comparing Heath Slater to the Wendy’s girl and many others, way too many to name. They show a long video package of various quotes this year. The winner is… Michael Cole. Cole says he’s shocked and pulls out a prepared statement. The RAW theme music plays and cuts Cole off as he’s talking. Lawler plugs voting for Superstar of the Year as we go back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and out comes Teddy Long to present the Superstar of the Year Award. The nominees are Edge, WWE Champion The Miz, World Heavyweight Champion Kane, John Cena, Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton. The winner is, as voted on by the fans… John Cena. Cena comes out and thanks the fans, and thanks them for not giving up on him. Cena talks about how crazy his year has been. Cena puts over New Orleans. Cena says he is now back full-time on RAW and will continue to be a man of his word. Cena has gotten to every member of Nexus except two – David Otunga and Wade Barrett. Cena says Otunga will get hurt tonight and at TLC on Sunday, he will unleash everything on Barrett. Cena gives us his word – he will destroy Wade Barrett on Sunday. Cena salutes the fans and heads to the ring for tonight’s main event.
David Otunga vs. John Cena
Cena hits the ring and the Nexus music plays. Nexus comes out to the stage. Barrett replays video from Nexus beating Cena down earlier tonight. Otunga heads to the ring as Cena looks on and Nexus waits up on the stage. Barrett grabs a chair and sends the rest of Nexus to the back. Otunga doesn’t like this. Barrett leaves with the rest of Nexus and Otunga is on his own. Otunga turns around to Cena unloading on him to start the match.
Cena unloads on Otunga and keeps in control of the match. Cena charges in the corner but Otunga moves out of the way. Otunga mounts Cena with right hands. Otunga with a big running shoulder and a 2 count. Cena goes for the STF out of nowhere and Otunga taps to end the match.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, we see Wade Barrett still watching from the stage so apparently he didn’t go to the back. Cena brings a chair in the ring and hits Otunga with it. Barrett just watches Otunga get beat down as he looks for help. Cena with another chairshot to the back. Cena points at Barrett and says one more chairshot for him. Otunga goes to get up but Cena unloads on him with the chair, sending him rolling out to the floor. Cena and Barrett both raise up chairs in the air. RAW goes off the air with Cena posing with a chair.