WWE Raw Results – December 30, 2013
WWE Raw Results – December 30, 2013
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up live from Richmond, Virginia with Michael Cole welcoming us to the final RAW of 2013. CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop.
Cole is joined by JBL and Jerry Lawler. They talk about New Year’s Resolutions as Punk does his entrance. Fans chant for Punk as he takes the mic. Punk says he’s fired up to be here tonight. He says 2013 saw a lot of good stuff and a lot of bad stuff happen to him. He talks about being WWE Champion, facing The Rock and The Undertaker, making friends, losing friends, beating Paul Heyman and more. He says he can’t honestly say 2013 was Punk’s year. He talks about The Shield’s success in 2013 and says they have been unstoppable. Punk wants to end the year right and start 2014 off on the right foot. Punk has a proposition for The Shield but is interrupted by their music. Out they come through the crowd.
Dean Ambrose takes the mic and wants to know what Punk was going to say. He says Punk better have something good to say. Fans chant for Punk as he comes face to face with The Shield. Punk says just one of them is the best. Ambrose says this time he’s not leaving the ring unless he takes a piece of Punk with him. Punk says he was talking to Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins because he’s already beaten Ambrose several times. Punk says it wasn’t easy but he did it. Ambrose gets upset and asks Punk if he thinks he’s a joke. Reigns holds Ambrose back. Punk says he thinks Ambrose is the weak link. Punk tells Reigns to look at him. Punk brings up how everyone always praises Reigns. Rollins says he’s the best and will fight Punk tonight. Reigns and Rollins have some words about who will face Punk. Reigns says Rollins knows he is the man. A Reigns chant starts up. RAW General Manager Brad Maddox comes out to the stage and gets booed. He wishes everyone Happy New Year on behalf of The Authority. Maddox announces Punk vs. Rollins and calls for a referee because that match starts now.
CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins
The bell rings and here we go. They lock up and Punk drops Rollins with a shoulder. Punk goes for a GTS but Rollins slides out and goes to the floor as we take a commercial break.
Back from the break and they’re going at it as Ambrose and Reigns watch from ringside. Rollins beats Punk down in the corner. Ambrose taunts Punk and Reigns holds him back. Punk turns it around and hits a backbreaker. More back and forth. Punk ends up applying a choke hold on the ropes. Rollins throws Punk off the top turnbuckle and covers for a 2 count. Rollins puts the boots back to Punk and keeps him down.
Rollins keeps control but Punk comes back with right hands and forearms. They botch a move and Punk rolls Rollins up for a 2 count. Rollins with a headlock now. Punk with a side slam to break it. Rollins runs into a big boot. Punk goes back to the top but Rollins pushes him out to the floor and he lands hard. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk is making a comeback with headbutts. Punk charges in the corner but Rollins moves and Punk hits the ring post. Rollins comes off the top but Punk moves and he lands hard. Punk with a heel kick. Punk with more offense. Rollins blocks a swinging neckbreaker and goes for a roll up but Punk drops down on him for a close 2 count. Rollins blocks the high knee and powerbombs him into the opposite corner for a close 2 count. Rollins keeps Punk on the mat now. Rollins misses a big stomp but blocks Punk and hits a kick to the head for another pin attempt. Rollins mocks Punk and calls for a GTS. Punk slides out and hits a high knee. Punk with a big clothesline. Punk goes to the top for the elbow drop but Rollins rolls out of the way. Rollins drops Punk’s face into the corner.
Rollins goes to the top but Punk cuts him off. Punk climbs up for a superplex but Rollins sends him face first to the mat. Rollins with the crossbody. Punk rolls through and goes for the Anaconda Vice but breaks it when Ambrose and Reigns hits the apron. More back and forth. More distraction from Ambrose and Reigns. Rollins drops Punk and covers him but the referee is still distracted by Reigns and Ambrose. Punk kicks out at 2. Rollins is upset with his partners now. Punk back drops Rollins out onto Reigns and Ambrose as they argue. Punk goes for a suicide dive but Rollins decks him at the ropes. Rollins comes in but Punk nails a GTS for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
– After the match, Punk poses on the stage as The Shield tries to figure out what happened.
– Brad Maddox is backstage talking to a referee about tonight. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon walk in. Maddox mentions Kane isn’t here tonight. Maddox says it’s time he took a step forward. Daniel Bryan walks in. Bryan wants a singles match with Bray Wyatt tonight. Maddox says Bryan needs to earn it. If he can beat Luke Harper, then he can face Erick Rowan and if he beats Rowan, then he can have Wyatt. Bryan walks off. Stephanie says she’s impressed. Stephanie says she’s going to announce the Royal Rumble main event and walks off. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Stephanie McMahon to the stage. She talks about crowning one champion and shows us a video package with highlights of Randy Orton’s career. Stephanie says Orton has had an amazing career and deserves every accolade. She calls him a fighting champion and announces Orton vs. John Cena at the Royal Rumble. She says it will be a traditional championship match with no interference and no stipulations.
– We get hype for Daniel Bryan and The Wyatt Family. Also still to come, Fandango vs. Big E Langston. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another return promo for Batista.
– Stephanie walks up on Triple H backstage and asks how she did. He said it was great and we will finally know who the real man is after the Rumble. Triple H says he has a big announcement of his own and walks off. She wishes him good luck.
Curtis Axel vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring where Curtis Axel waits. We see video from earlier today where Axel says 2014 is going to be even more perfect for him. Dolph Ziggler is out next to a big pop.
We see another video from earlier today with Ziggler talking about how big his 2014 will be. The bell rings and Axel strikes first. Ziggler nails a big dropkick. Axel whips Ziggler over the top and out to the floor. Axel comes out and rams Ziggler back into the apron before rolling him in. Axel with a 2 count. Axel works over Ziggler and keeps him on the mat. Axel keeps Ziggler grounded with a headlock now. Both men end up going down in the corner. Ziggler mounts Axel with right hands in the corner. Ziggler nails a neckbreaker and a crossbody for a pin attempt.
More back and forth and reversals. Axel with a neckbreaker and a 2 count. Ziggler nails a Zig Zag out of nowhere while Axel is wasting time, for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– Cole plugs the WWE App and shows us how to install it once again. Fans can vote for Damien Sandow’s opponent – Kofi Kingston, The Miz or The Great Khali. Voting is open now.
– We see Fandango, Summer Rae and Big E walking backstage. Back to commercial.
– We get a promo for the Old School RAW next week.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Fandango vs. Big E Langston
Back from the break and out comes Fandango with Summer Rae and WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston. We actually get formal ring introductions for the match. The bell rings and they go at it.
They trade chops and forearms in the middle of the ring. Big E runs into boots in the corner. Fandango with a spinning heel kick for a 2 count. Big E leap frogs Fandango and nails a big clothesline. Big E with shoulder thrusts in the corners. Fandango slides out of a move and goes to the floor for a breather. Fandango catches Big E on the ropes and starts working on Big E’s leg.
Fandango with a leg submission that Big E can’t break. Big E fights out with right hands and the hold is broken. Big E limps to his feet and misses a shoulder thrust in the corner. Big E hits the ring post and falls out of the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Fandango is in control, working on Big E’s leg. Fandango keeps control and hits a clothesline out of the corner. Fandango goes back to a submission on the legs. Big E finally fights back and hits clotheslines. Fandango blocks him with headbutts. Big E takes Fandango to the apron and nails a big belly to belly over the top rope, bringing Fandango back to the mat. Big E goes for a big splash but Fandango blocks it. Fandango with a tornado DDT for a 2 count. Fandango goes to the top for the big leg drop and nails it but Big E rolls out of the ring and avoids a pin. Fandango goes to the floor and keeps control. They come back in and Big E nails a big overhead throw. Big E with a clothesline and a splash now. Big E drops his straps and nails The Big Ending for the win.
Winner: Big E Langston
– We go back to the announcers. They talk more about Daniel Bryan’s feud with The Wyatt Family. We go to commercial.
– CM Punk vs. Roman Reigns is announced for next week.
– Back from the break and Booker T comes out to the stage with the roster. They have New Year’s Eve party favors. Booker T hypes a New Year’s spinarooni but Bad News Barrett’s music hits. A new podium rises beside the stage and Barrett is high above everyone else. Barrett rips the roster, fans and says he will be here in 2014 to remind them of their troubles.
– Renee Young is backstage with Damien Sandow. Sandow says he has been disrespected week after week. Tonight, he doesn’t care who his opponent is but if he can’t beat them, he’s going to quit. Sandow walks off. Cole plugs the WWE App again. Fans can vote for Sandow’s opponent now. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Michael Cole talks about John Cena and The Rock replying to LeBron James’ tweet.
Damien Sandow vs. The Great Khali
We go to the ring and out comes Damien Sandow. Jerry Lawler reveals who fans voted for on the WWE App and it’s The Great Khali. Out comes Khali.
The bell rings and they go at it. Khali drops Sandow with a big shot and takes him to the corner. Khali with huge chops to the chest. Sandow turns it around and takes Khali down, going to work on his leg. Fans actually chant for Khali during the match. Sandow ends up getting the win with a roll-up.
Winner: Damien Sandow
– After the match, it appears Khali’s shoulder was up and the referee didn’t see it.
– Still to come, Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family. We see Cameron, Naomi, R-Truth and Xavier Woods walking backstage as we go to commercial.
R-Truth vs. Brodus Clay
Back from the break and Xavier Woods is on commentary. Truth and Clay go at it. Clay takes control but Truth fights out of the corner. Clay cuts him off and floors him. Clay with a heart punch on Truth. Clay keeps control and beats Truth down in the corner. Clay stands on Truth’s back as the referee counts.
Clay with a big suplex. Clay puts Truth on his shoulder but Truth slides out. Clay flattens Truth in the corner again. Clay whips Truth hard into the opposite corner and he goes down. Clay puts Truth on his shoulders and just slams him to the mat. Clay drops a big elbow for a 2 count. Woods stands on the announcers table and distracts Clay. He calls for the music and out comes Cameron and Naomi dancing on the stage. Clay is distracted and runs into an elbow from Truth. Truth drops Clay for the win.
– After the match, Cameron, Naomi and Woods hit the ring to celebrate with Truth. Clay looks on from the stage and isn’t happy.
– Still to come, a 10 Diva tag match. We see Triple H heading to the ring as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Triple H to the ring. It’s impossible to hear what he’s saying as the cable feed has been skipping for about 5 minutes now. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman come out to a huge pop and head to the ring.
Lesnar and Triple H shake hands. Triple H leaves the ring as Heyman takes the mic and introduces himself. Heyman says Lesnar is here not to settle old scores because once you face Lesnar, you lose and both move on. Heyman says Lesnar wants to be WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Heyman says the winner of Orton vs. Cena at Royal Rumble will be a loser because they will have to answer the challenge of the self-declared #1 contender Brock Lesnar. He doesn’t care if it’s Cena or Orton. Lesnar says nobody in this company can stop him. Lesnar says he doesn’t have to win the Royal Rumble to be deserving of a title match. He doesn’t have to stand in some mysterious line for a title shot. The line starts with him. He dares anybody to come try to do something about it. What Lesnar wants, Lesnar takes and the championship is for the taking. Heyman praises Lesnar some more. Mark Henry’s music hits and out he comes.
Henry hits the ring and they start brawling outside around the ring. Lesnar goes nuts as he dominates Henry. Henry tosses him over the barrier but Lesnar tackles Henry back through it. Lesnar lays Henry out with a big F5 on the floor as Heyman talks him down. Lesnar and Heyman leave and Heyman is all smiles.
Eva Marie, The Bella Twins, Cameron and Naomi vs. Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes, Aksana, Alicia Fox and Summer Rae
The USA Network feed is still having problems after a commercial. The Divas are out next. Eva Marie starts off with her team. She goes at it with Kaitlyn and tags in Cameron with a slap. Cameron and Eva get into it. Alicia tags herself in and Kaitlyn doesn’t like it. Alicia goes at it with Cameron now.
Aksana comes in and keeps control of Cameron now. Cameron tags in Nikki Bella and she clotheslines Aksana and dropkicks her. All 10 Divas end up in the ring and brawling. They’re all out on the floor now. Nikki and Aksana go at it. Nikki knocks Rosa off the apron but Aksana takes advantage and slams her for the win.
Winners: Aksana, Kaitlyn, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes and Alicia Fox
– More hype for Daniel Bryan and The Wyatt Family. USA’s feed is finally fixed it appears. We go to commercial after another Batista promo.
– Back from the break and we get highlights from WWE’s Tribute to the Troops.
– The announcers talk about Brock Lesnar returning and say Mark Henry is being checked on in the back.
– Brad Maddox is backstage with The Authority. They’re impressed with his work tonight. He says they’re going to be impressed with Old School RAW next week also. Maddox says he has done a better job than Kane could have done. They plug Ric Flair appearing next week.
– More hype for Daniel Bryan and The Wyatt Family.
Daniel Bryan vs. Luke Harper
We go to the ring and out comes Daniel Bryan. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Wyatt Family makes their entrance. If Bryan wins this first match, he has to face Erick Rowan. The bell rings and they go at it. Bryan looks out at Bray and Rowan, letting Harper take back control. Bryan drops Harper and goes for the surfboard submission.
Bryan with kicks in the corner until Harper drops him with a right hand. Harper keeps control and does the gator roll on Bryan. Bryan looks to fight back but Harper drops him. Bryan drops Harper face first into the corner and hits a big running dropkick. Bryan charges again but Harper catches him with a powerslam for a 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Harper is in control. During the break, he whipped Bryan into the fan barrier repeatedly. Bryan fights back but Harper sends him to the corner. Bryan counters and ducks a clothesline. Bryan with a running forearm but they both go down. Bryan sends Harper to the floor and nails a suicide dive. Bryan goes back in the ring and hits another suicide dive, sending Harper into the barrier. Bryan with kicks on the floor now. Bryan brings Harper back in the ring and goes up top. Bryan nails a missile dropkick.
Bryan with kicks in the middle of the ring now. Bryan hits the roundhouse kick and covers for a 2 count as Bray looks on worried. Bray yells at Harper to get up and back into it. Bryan with kicks in the corner as fans chant. Bryan takes Harper to the top for a hurricanrana but Harper catches him and nails a big sitdown powerbomb from the top. Bryan kicks out at 2. Harper with right hands and chops now. Bryan blocks and fires back. Harper with a big suplex for another 2 count. Bryan catches the Yes Lock out of nowhere but Harper breaks it by biting Bryan. Harper with chops in the corner now. Bryan lands on his feet from a suplex and nails the running knee for the pin.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Bryan is slow to get up as his arm is raised by the referee. Erick Rowan hits the ring and beats Bryan down. The referee backs Rowan off and makes sure Bryan is ready.
Daniel Bryan vs. Erick Rowan
The bell rings and Rowan tosses Bryan to the floor. Rowan throws Bryan into the steel steps and just mandhandles him up and over the announcers table. Bryan is down at JBL’s feet as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rowan is still in control of Bryan as Bray and Harper look on. Bryan fights back but Rowan catches him high in the air and pancakes him to the mat. Rowan with a 2 count. Rowan beats Bryan on the top rope. Rowan nails a big fall-away slam from the second rope and Bryan looks like he hurt his knee. Bryan plays possum and rolls Rowan up out of nowhere.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– After the bell, Rowan starts dropping elbows. Harper hits the ring and backs Rowan off, calming him down and getting him out of the ring. Bray gets up from his rocking chair and here we go.
Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt
Bray talks trash to Bryan as the referee makes sure he’s ready to go. Bray turns upside down in the corner and tells Bryan to get up. Bryan tells Bray to bring it. Bray charges in the corner but stops. The bell rings and Bray turns his back to Bryan. Harper and Rowan suddenly hit the ring and beat Bryan down as the referee calls for the bell.
Winner by DQ: Daniel Bryan
– After the bell, Rowan and Harper toss Bryan to the floor and whip him hard into the barrier repeatedly. They bring him back in the ring. Rowan splashes Bryan in the corner and whips him into a big clothesline from Harper. Rowan and Harper nail a double chokeslam as Bray takes a mic in the corner. He sings a rhyme and says this is where the story ends for Bryan. Wyatt says he has no mercy left to give. Bray says he’s going to punish Bryan. Bray tells Bryan to open his eyes. Bray holds Bryan’s head up and says this is the end. Bryan says “you’re right” and Bray tells him to say it again, which he does. Bray wants Bryan to get up and say it again but the fans start a “no!” chant. Bryan says no matter how many matches he won, no matter how loud the fans cheered for him, Bray was always right – the machine would never let Bryan win. Bryan says the fans have chanted “yes” at every building he’s been to but it doesn’t matter. Bryan looks at Bray and says, “I’m yours.” Fans boo. Bryan asks if he can join The Wyatt Family. Bray extends his hand to help Bryan up but drops it and holds his arms out. Bryan starts crawling up using Bray’s leg. Bryan holds his arms out while on his knees. Bray grabs him, kisses him on the forehead and nails Sister Abigail as the fans boo. Bray says this is forever. Rowan and Harper drag Bryan out of the ring and carry him up the ramp as The Wyatts music hits. Bryan stops mid-way up the ramp and stands on his own. Bryan walks up the ramp like he’s in pain and stops. Bray orders him to the back and tells him to ignore the fan chants. Bryan turns and looks at the fans. He drops his head and closes his eyes. Bryan looks to be powering up as fans chant his name. Bryan drops his head again. He turns and faces The Wyatt Family as fans boo. Bryan walks to the back with his head down. RAW goes off the air.