WWE Raw Results – February 18, 2013
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at The Road to WrestleMania 29 with footage from the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.
– Michael Cole welcomes us to the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana. We go right to the ring and out comes John Cena.
Cena says we are in the heart of Cajun country and the Road to WrestleMania is heating up. Cena says WrestleMania 29 is taking shape and talks about Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title and himself vs. The Rock for the WWE Title. CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes with Paul Heyman.
Punk meets Cena in the middle of the ring. Punk asks Cena if he’s sure he’s facing The Rock at WrestleMania. Punk says that’s the easy way out. Punk says The Rock beat him fair and square last night but says he had him pinned for an 18 count before that. Punk says Rock also struck a WWE official and should have been disqualified, losing the title. Punk says Cena has never beat him. Cena says he earned the right to go to WrestleMania and says Punk couldn’t get the job done. Cena says for once, it’s not about Punk. Punk brags about his lengthy title reign. Punk says Cena got lucky in the Royal Rumble and hasn’t earned anything. Punk says Rock will beat Cena again this year because Cena can’t get it done, he can’t win the big one. Cena asks Punk what he wants. Punk tells Cena to just walk away, leave WWE, get out of his life – just walk away. Cena goes to leave the ring but says no. Cena says Punk has a set of balls and he admires his honesty. Cena says you should know he won’t just give away a golden ticket to WrestleMania.
Cena acknowledges that he hasn’t beat Punk or Rock. Cena says we have a problem – Cena has critics and Punk wants to go to WrestleMania. Cena wants to hush those critics and has a solution. Cena proposes a match. If he wins, Punk crawls back in his hole and goes away. If Punk wins, Cena will give him his WrestleMania title shot. Cena says Punk talks business but he handles business. Cena wants the match right now. Punk talks it over with Heyman. Punk says Cena just made the stupidest decision of his life. Punk says he will take Cena up on the offer but he won’t do it here. The crowd boos. Punk wants to do it on his terms since he got screwed last night. Punk says we will do the match next week and walks out of the ring with Heyman. Cena says their match is official for next week. Cena says he will beat Punk, go to WrestleMania and then we will know the champ is here.
– Still to come tonight, The Rock’s celebration. We go to commercial.
– We see stills from Elimination Chamber where The Shield beat Ryback, Cena and Sheamus. Matt Striker is backstage with Sheamus. Sheamus talks about the match and letting everyone down. Ryback is pacing around. Sheamus stops him and says they have to adapt and overcome. Sheamus asks Ryback if he’s a machine or some mindless neanderthal. Ryback grabs Sheamus by his collar and Chris Jericho breaks it up. Jericho says they should be upset with The Shield, not each other. Jericho says Shield has everyone on edge. Jericho says he’s seen it done with the nWo and Nexus. Jericho says we have to do what it takes to save WWE. Jericho says he loves WWE and will never wrestle for anyone else again. Jericho says they have to stop The Shield. Jericho says he’s going to talk Vickie Guerrero into making The Shield vs. Jericho, Ryback and Sheamus.
Sin Cara vs. Mark Henry
Sin Cara is in the ring waiting as Mark Henry makes his way out.
Cara ducks a shot and goes to work with kicks. Henry knocks him down and tosses him into the corner. Henry beats Cara up and stands on his back as the referee counts. Henry with a big splash in the corner. Cara with a kick to the face. Cara goes for another kick but Henry grabs him for a big running powerslam. Henry nails a World’s Strongest Slam for the quick win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– After the match, Henry roughs up Cara and goes for another slam but out comes The Great Khali. Henry drops Cara and readies for Khali. Henry slides out to the floor before they can do anything. Henry mocks Khali’s dancing from ringside. Henry runs his mouth at Khali and walks off.
– Up next, The Miz will get another shot at Antonio Cesaro in a No DQ match. Vickie Guerrero has made Jericho, Ryback and Sheamus vs. The Shield later on. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another vignette for Fandango.
No DQ Match: The Miz vs. Antonio Cesaro
We go to the ring and The Miz is in the ring with WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro. We see some highlights from their feud. The bell rings and Miz unloads on Cesaro and sends him out to the floor. Miz takes the fight to the floor but Cesaro throws him into the barrier. Cesaro rams Miz shoulder first into the ring post. Miz still is taped up like he was last night. Cesaro brings it back in the ring and grabs a steel chair.
Cesaro brings a kendo stick in. Cesaro whacks Miz with the stick and covers for a pin attempt. Cesaro props a steel chair up in the corner and goes back to work on Miz. Cesaro goes to ram his head into the chair but Miz counters. Cesaro fights him off but Miz rolls him up for 2. Cesaro with a kendo stick to the face for another 2 count. Cesaro uses a chair to tie up the shoulder now. Cesaro with another 2 count. Miz with a backbreaker. Cesaro turns it around again and hits uppercuts in the corner. Cesaro runs into a big boot. Cesaro cracks his knee into the chair and then gets dropped chest first into another chair. Miz locks in the Figure Four and Cesaro taps out for the non-title win.
Winner: The Miz
– Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about Jack Swagger winning the World Heavyweight Title. Swagger and Zeb Colter will speak later. We see a video from Zeb’s YouTube page where he’s talking about America and what it’s become. Zeb says if you want a handout, he and Swagger will give you one in the form of a ticket right back to where you came from.
– Cole plugs Cena vs. Punk for next week’s RAW. Still to come tonight, The Rock’s championship celebration. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage. Bryan says he doesn’t feel comfortable teaming with Kane after what happened last night. Bryan says he asked Vickie for a singles match and he’s facing Jack Swagger tonight. Bryan doesn’t want Kane coming out with him. Kane says he will get his own match and doesn’t want Bryan coming out with him. Kane says he doesn’t deal well with snakes and Randy Orton appears, asking if someone is talking about him. Kane talks about stomping on snakes. Orton says there was a time when Kane would have scared him but he’s a lot less intimidating now that he’s hugging and doing group therapy. Orton says Kane is more like Barney the dinosaur these days. Bryan laughs. Kane turns back around and Orton is gone.
– Vickie Guerrero is backstage on the phone and says she has big things planned for her show. She hangs up when Paul Heyman walks up. Vickie sent for him and wants to congratulate him on putting the stipulations on Rock and Punk’s match at Elimination Chamber. Vickie has some dramatic news that will affect Heyman’s whole career. Heyman wants to know what the news is but she’s saving it for the ring. Heyman says he doesn’t like surprises. Vickie laughs at him and walks off.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out comes Dolph Ziggler with Big E Langston and AJ Lee. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ricardo Rodriguez is out to do the introduction for World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. The bell rings and here we go. Ziggler strikes first and dropkicks Del Rio. Back and forth action now. Del Rio hits an enziguri while Ziggler is on the apron and sends him to the floor. AJ checks on Ziggler as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control. Ziggler connects with another big dropkick for a 2 count. Ziggler chokes Dolph on the ropes and Big E gets a cheap shot in. 2 count by Ziggler. We see Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter watching from backstage. Del Rio fights back but Ziggler catches him a knee to the gut. Ziggler hits the leg drop for another pin attempt. Ziggler goes to the top but Del Rio cuts him off. Del Rio with a kick now. Del Rio with a reverse suplex from the top. They trade lefts and rights now. Del Rio runs over Ziggler with clotheslines. Del Rio with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Del Rio with a big kick to the mouth and another 2 count. More back and forth with close calls. Ziggler with forearm shots to the back and a backstabber. 2 count by Del Rio. Big E gets on the apron but Del Rio kicks his legs out. Del Rio counters Ziggler and applies the cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Del Rio celebrates until Big E Langston runs over him. Langston yells that Del Rio’s time is over. Langston lays Del Rio out with his finisher. Ziggler grabs his briefcase and goes to cash in but Ricardo grabs the briefcase and runs off with it. Big E chases Ricardo. AJ runs and grabs the dropped briefcase. She brings it back but before Dolph can cash in, Del Rio lays him out with an enziguri. Del Rio goes back to celebrating as we go to replays.
– Still to come, The Rock’s celebration plus Orton vs. Kane. Back to break.
– Back from the break and WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett is in the ring. He talks about WWE Studios’ Dead Man Down. Barrett shows us the trailer for Dead Man Down.
Sheamus appears on the big screen and says his friend Colin Farrell is the real star of the movie. Sheamus rips Barrett and someone tells him they’re out of time.
Naomi, Tensai and Brodus Clay vs. Rosa Mendes, Primo and Epico
We go to the ring and out comes Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi. Out next comes Epico, Primo and Rosa Mendes.
Naomi and Rosa start things off. Naomi strikes first and gets the crowd to pop. Naomi goes on and hits a big crossbody for a 2 count. Epico comes in and gets taken down by Naomi. Tensai and Primo go at it now. Tensai runs over Primo for a 2 count. Naomi gets involved again and takes down Rosa and Epico on the floor. Brodus comes in and double teams Primo for the win.
Winners: Tensai, Brodus Clay and Naomi
– We get a replay of the WrestleMania XXX announcement.
– Up next, Swagger’s State of the Union address.
– Back from the break and Jack Swagger is in the ring with Zeb Colter. Swagger talks about winning Elimination Chamber and putting the weight of our nation on his shoulders. We see Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez watching backstage. Swagger says tonight is about America and the State of the Union. Swagger says only one man is honest enough to deliver it – Zeb Colter. Zeb thanks our founding fathers since it’s President’s Day. Colter says the Bill of Rights gives he and Swagger the right to stand out here and voice their opinion. Zeb says the State of the Union is pathetic but it’s not Americans fault. Zeb says the blame is on the people living in our country that don’t mind taking everything. Zeb says America has a real problem and it needs to be fixed. Zeb puts over Swagger and brings up WrestleMania 29. Zeb says the match is more like a battle for the heart and soul of America.
Zeb says Alberto Del Rio came into America only to take advantage. Zeb says Swagger will win the World Title and reclaim America at WrestleMania 29. We The People. Swagger chants this as his new music plays. Daniel Bryan’s music hits and out he comes.
Daniel Bryan vs. Jack Swagger
One-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan comes out for the next match as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Swagger has Bryan on the mat. Bryan’s ribs are taped from the Chamber match. Bryan fights up and out. Bryan with kicks on Swagger. Swagger gets countered and rolled up for 2. Swagger blocks a surfboard and shoves Bryan off. Bryan drops Swagger’s face into the corner and kicks him. Bryan takes Swagger back down for a 2 count. Bryan continues working on the arm. Bryan with a knee to the face but Swagger clotheslines him out to the floor.
They fight on the floor and Bryan dropkicks Swagger. Bryan runs the apron but misses a shot. Swagger scoops him and rams him back into the fan barrier. Swagger brings it in the ring for a pin attempt. Swagger works on the leg now. Swagger keeps control and keeps Bryan on the mat with another submission. Swagger goes on and hits the Swagger Bomb but Bryan kicks out. Bryan counters with boots in the corner. Bryan fights back with right hands. Bryan makes a comeback and sends Swagger flying out to the floor. Bryan runs the ropes and takes out Swagger with a suicide dive. They come back in and Bryan goes to the top. Bryan nails a missile dropkick for a 2 count. Bryan with kicks to the chest now. Swagger catches a kick and slams Bryan. Bryan goes for the No Lock and gets it locked in. Swagger gets his foot on the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Bryan misses a dropkick in the corner and lands on his head. Swagger drops a knee on Bryan’s leg. Swagger takes out the knee with a chop block as Zeb looks on. Swagger applies the Patriot Lock and Bryan taps for the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– Still to come, The Shield vs. Jericho, Sheamus and Ryback. We see Paul Heyman walking backstage. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Paul Heyman is in the ring with Vickie Guerrero. Vickie has an announcement that will change Heyman’s life. She will be naming a new assistant for herself and out comes Brad Maddox. Maddox comes out to the stage and taunts Heyman.
Maddox walks to the ring and talks. He says Vince McMahon is so happy with him he gave him this opportunity. Maddox and Vickie argue about what his title is. Heyman doesn’t care about what either of them have to say and goes to leave but Vince McMahon appears on the big screen. Vince says that’s not Heyman’s surprise. Heyman sucks up but Vince tells him to close his mouth. Vince reminds Heyman that he granted him the stipulation for Elimination Chamber. Vince says he could fire Heyman and teases it but says that’s too easy. Vince says he will come to the ring next week on crutches and fight Heyman. Vince smiles as Heyman drops the mic and looks shocked. Vickie and Maddox laugh at him.
– Still to come, The Shield vs. Jericho, Sheamus and Ryback. Back to commercial.
The Shield vs. Chris Jericho, Ryback and Sheamus
Back from the break and out comes Chris Jericho followed by Sheamus and then Ryback. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns come out through the crowd next. Ryback starts things off with Rollins and unloads on him in the corner.
Jericho comes in to calm Ryback down and goes at it with Ambrose. Jericho with chops and forearms in the corner. Ambrose runs into a boot. Jericho with a dropkick from the corner and a pin attempt. Ambrose with a knee to the gut. Jericho with a crossbody for 2. Sheamus comes in and Ambrose tags Reigns in. Reigns and Sheamus have words. Sheamus attacks and beats Reigns down in the corner. They brawl out of the corner. Sheamus runs over Reigns with forearms. Sheamus takes it back to the corner and hits a running knee. Clothesline in the corner by Sheamus. Sheamus hits White Noise on Reigns. Ambrose saves Reigns from a Brogue. Sheamus nails a Brogue on Ambrose as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and The Shield are in control of Sheamus. They triple team him and Rollins covers for 2. Rollins beats Sheamus down in the corner and stomps away. Reigns come in but Sheamus fights back. Sheamus with a big clothesline. Ryback comes in and unloads on The Shield. Ryback hits a spinebuster on Rollins and then the Meathook clothesline. Ryback goes for Shellshocked but Ambrose distracts the referee while Reigns spears Ryback. Rollins falls on top of Ryback but he kicks out at 2. Ambrose works over Ryback now as the fans chant for Jericho.
They keep control of Ryback and get cheap shots in while he’s down in their corner. Rollins comes in to keep up the attack on Ryback. More quick tags by The Shield as they keep Ryback down. Reigns charges in the corner but Ryback moves. Jericho tags in and goes at it with Ambrose. Jericho kicks Rollins off the apron. Jericho with a bulldog on Ambrose. Jericho nails the Lionsault and covers Ambrose for 2. Jericho goes for Walls of Jericho but Ambrose rolls him up for 2. On the floor, Reigns shoves Ryback into the ring post. Jericho rolls Ambrose up for another Walls attempt. Jericho locks it in. Sheamus stops Reigns from interfering. Rollins leaps off the top and breaks the Walls, taking Jericho out. Sheamus and Reigns brawl on the floor while Ryback is laid out. Ambrose covers Jericho for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– After the match, The Shield exit through the crowd as Jericho and Sheamus look on from the ring.
– Cole plugs Vince McMahon’s challenge to Paul Heyman for a fight on next week’s show. Lawler plugs Cena vs. Punk for next week. Still to come tonight, The Rock’s championship celebration. Back to commercial.
Kofi Kingston vs. Damien Sandow
Back from the break and Kofi Kingston is waiting in the ring. Damien Sandow comes out and talks about President’s Day. Sandow drops the mic and goes right to work on Kofi before the bell can even ring. Kofi fights back but Sandow beats him down. Sandow rams Kofi into the ring post and he falls out to the floor. Sandow brings Kofi back to the apron and hits him with knees to the head. R-Truth’s music hits and out he comes making his return. Truth tackles Sandow on the floor and beats him up. Truth slams Sandow into the barrier and rolls him in the ring. Truth comes in with a big kick to the jaw, some of his dance moves and a scissors kick. Truth clotheslines Sandow out to the floor and checks on Kofi. The match never started.
– Josh Mathews is ringside with D.J. Cotrona and Adrianne Palicki of GI Joe: Retaliation, who were also at Elimination Chamber. they’re here for The Rock’s championship celebration for tonight. We get a trailer for GI Joe and more hype for The Rock. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another Fandango vignette.
Randy Orton vs. Kane
We go to the ring and out comes Randy Orton. One-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane is out next.
Kane drops Orton first with a shoulder. Orton comes back and works on Kane’s arm. Kane runs into a big boot and Orton hits him with forearms in the corner. Kane knocks Orton off the turnbuckles and to the floor with a big right hand. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane has Orton in a headlock. Orton comes back but gets dropped with a big boot. Kane with a 2 count. More back and forth. Kane with a big DDT for a 2 count. Kane goes back to a headlock. Orton fights out but Kane clotheslines him in the corner. Kane misses another and Orton turns it around. Orton with a bunch of right hands in the corner. Orton with a dropkick now. Orton starts stomping away on Kane. Kane drops Orton with a right hand and covers for another pin attempt. Kane with a dropkick and another pin attempt. Orton fights out again and powerslams Kane. Kane with the sideslam for another 2 count. Orton comes back again and goes for the draping DDT but it’s countered. Kane calls for a chokeslam but Daniel Bryan comes down and distracts him. Orton hits a RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– Up next is The Rock’s celebration. We go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the marching band from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette performs and make an aisle from the stage to the ring. Out next comes WWE Champion The Rock to a big pop.
The Rock hits the ring and addresses CM Punk and beating him at Elimination Chamber. There’s a podium in the ring with what looks like a new belt. Rock hypes Lafayette and gets the fans to chant his name. Rock talks about WrestleMania 29 and says he’s going as WWE Champion but not with the belt he has in his hand. Rock says he has deep respect for the WWE Title. He says when this belt was introduced 8 years ago, it worked. Some people thought it was cool but some people also believe Bigfoot is real. Rock says the WWE Title should never look like a toy. It should never spin either. Rock makes the title spin and the crowd pops. Rock tells a crew member to take the title and make sure it ends up in the Hall of Fame. Rock talks about how the title should inspire people. He name drops Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin. Rock unveils the new WWE Title belt and the crowd pops as his music plays. It has the Brahma Bull logo on the sides and a large face.
Rock talks about WrestleMania 29, CM Punk and John Cena but gets interrupted by Cena’s music. Punk attacks Cena from behind on the ramp and lays him out. Punk has the old WWE Title belt in his hand. Punk throws it down on the ramp and points at The Rock. Rock readies for a fight as the crowd chants his name. Punk stops and heads back to the back as the crowd boos. RAW goes off the air with Cena down on the ramp.
PWMania.com is a subscription free website and relies on advertising and donations from people like you. If everyone reading this donates a few dollars, we can be fully funded for another year. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays! - PWMania.com Team =)