WWE Raw Results – February 20, 2012
- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow opens up with a look back at the John Cena and Kane feud including Cena’s kiss with Eve Torres last week. Eve is backstage talking about the weather with The Bella Twins. They ask how Zack Ryder is. She laughs when they say he’s a good guy. She thinks they were telling a joke. Eve says she isn’t friends with Ryder, he just thought they were friends. Eve says she just used Ryder and everyone is talking about her now. She says Ryder didn’t even get to first base and he’s just a child. Eve says that’s what people do – use each other. She says she has the big fish hooked now and like she used Ryder, she’s going to use Cena. Eve has a plan for the Bellas to film her walking into Cena’s locker room. She turns around and there Cena is. Cena just looks disappointed and walks off as Eve panics. We go to the normal RAW opening video.
- We’re live from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW.
- We go right to the ring and out comes John Cena.
Before Cena can speak, Eve Torres comes down the ramp. She just wants a minute to explain. Eve says everything was taken out of context. Eve keeps asking for a minute to explain. Cena says Eve has been sipping the skank juice and plans to use her assets to further her career. Eve says they are friends. Cena says he lost a very good friend in Zack Ryder because of her. Eve says she was just joking around with the Bellas. Cena says The Rock and Eve are perfect for each other – they’re both scandalous bitches. Eve drops to her knees and starts crying.
Cena goes to try and help her up. Eve attacks him with a hug and tries to kiss him as she’s still crying. Cena gets away from her and says he’d like to stay disease-free. Eve starts crying in the ring as officials come in and check on her. After Eve cries for a few minutes, officials finally help her to the back as the crowd boos her.
- They air another Undertaker vignette before going back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Mark Henry
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus. His opponent Mark Henry is out next. The storyline is that John Laurinaitis has let Henry come back to work after Teddy Long suspended him.
The bell rings and they go to the corner. Henry with right hands and a headbutt. Sheamus fights out of the corner but Henry takes back control. Sheamus ducks a clothesline and takes out Henry’s knee. Henry runs into a boot in the corner. Sheamus goes to the top for the big shoulder block but Henry kicks out at 2.
Henry turns things around. They go at it and the end comes when Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick for the win.
- Backstage segment with John Laurinaitis and David Otunga. Teddy Long comes walking in and Laurinaitis welcomes him, tells him to make himself at home. Teddy says he’s here on business. Teddy agrees, one of them should be running both brands. Teddy wants to see what the fans in the arena think. Laurinaitis announces a 10-man battle royal with the winner facing CM Punk at WrestleMania 28. Otunga is also put in a match against anyone Teddy chooses tonight. Teddy disses Otunga’s walk before leaving.
- Still to come tonight, The Undertaker. Back to commercial.
Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Epico and Primo
We go to the ring and out comes R-Truth followed by his partner Kofi Kingston. Out next comes the WWE Tag Team Champions Epico and Primo with Rosa Mendes.
Truth starts things out with Epico and they go at it. Primo gets a tag and comes in with right hands on Truth. More offense by Primo and a 2 count. Truth fights back but Primo stops him from tagging and knocks Kofi off the apron. Truth finally tags in Kofi, who springboards in with offense. Kofi unloads on Primo and hits a big dropkick followed by a big chop. Kofi hits the Boom Drop on Primo but gets into an argument with Rosa. Epico charges and drops Kofi over the ropes. Truth takes out Epico. Kofi blocks the Backstabber from Primo and hits Trouble in Paradise for the non-title win.
Winners: Kofi Kingston and R-Truth
- Still to come tonight, the big battle royal and another Hall of Fame announcement. Back to commercial.
- We get a video announcing former WCW World Champion Ron Simmons into the 2012 Hall of Fame class.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with Chris Jericho. Jericho says he wasn’t eliminated last night. He took a cheap shot from CM Punk and then woke up in the trainers room. Jericho wonders what kind of champion Punk is. Jericho says tonight is the end of the world as we know it and everyone in the battle royal will realize it. Back to commercial.
David Otunga vs. Ezekiel Jackson
Back from the break and out comes David Otunga with John Laurinaitis. Ezekiel Jackson and Teddy Long are out next. The bell rings and Zeke gets in the most offense early on. Zeke beats Otunga down in the corner but Otunga clotheslines him for a 2 count. Otunga goes to a headlock now.
Zeke comes back and splashes Otunga twice in the corner. Zeke goes for another and Otunga moves. Otunga hits his finisher on Zeke out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: David Otunga
- We get a look back at last week where Shawn Michaels and Triple H had their confrontation in the ring.
- Back from the break and out comes The Undertaker. Taker says he has relived the fight with Triple H every day in his head. Taker says it has been a living hell – not a physical hell but a hell of uncertainty. Taker says he can no longer bear this uncertainty. Taker didn’t expect Triple H to turn down his challenge.
Taker says Triple H missed the point – the choice was not his to make. Taker says this has to end. They are at the end of a wrestling era. Taker says they are the last of their kind. Taker says the suits and ties and everything are just layers to cover up who Triple H is. Taker says they have to end the uncertainty. He says Triple H cannot lie to him. Taker says Triple H will come out, look him in the eyes. Taker says it’s far bigger than he and Triple H. He says it is the Apocalypse. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes.
Triple H talks but Taker tells him to shut up. Taker says Triple H’s excuses are pitiful. Triple H says he’s right, it is the end of an era but their fate isn’t to end it, it’s to ensure that it carries on. Triple H says his fate is to see that WWE exists in the future and Taker’s fate is to be a leader and carry the torch for the next generation. Triple H says he won’t be the one to extinguish that flame because it’s bad for business. Taker asks if it’s bad for business if he’s gone or if Triple H will be gone. Triple H says it’s just plain bad for business.
Triple H says he has never been so certain of anything in his life. Triple H says deep down, Taker is certain of it also. He says Taker isn’t asking for redemption, salvation or a shot at vengeance. He’s asking for an end. Triple H says he has to finish Taker to beat him and deep inside, that’s what Taker really wants – to be finished. Triple H says he’s not going to be the one to do it. Triple H goes to leave and Taker says he will see a coward when he looks in the mirror. Triple H stops and comes back in the ring. He gets in Taker’s face and says he’s tired of the coward stuff. Triple H calms down and says he sees what Taker’s trying to do and it won’t work. Triple H says his answer is still no and leaves the ring.
Taker says he just figured it out. He says Triple H knows he can’t do what his buddy Shawn Michaels couldn’t do because Triple H knows Shawn was always the better one. Triple H has stopped on the ramp with his back turned listening. He takes off his jacket now and his tie. Triple H heads back to the ring and they stare each other down. Triple H says this has nothing to do with Shawn and who’s better. He says Shawn couldn’t get the job done and he knows he can. Triple H says he can finish the job and Taker knows it. The crowd chants “prove it.” Triple H says the layers are gone – he’s standing before Taker looking him in the eye and is more certain than ever before. Triple H accepts the challenge for WrestleMania 28. Triple H says if they do this, they go all the way. Triple H will face him under one condition – Hell in a Cell. Taker walks off and Triple H watches him head up the ramp as different music plays. Back to commercial.
Daniel Bryan vs. Santino Marella
Back from the break and World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan comes out and brags about winning at Elimination Chamber and bring a role model. His opponent Santino Marella is out next.
Santino gets in all his moves early on and goes for the Cobra but Bryan drops ihm. Santino rolls Bryan up for 2 count. Bryan breaks out and applies the LaBell Lock to make Santino tap out for the quick win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
Aksana and Kelly Kelly vs. The Bella Twins
Back form the break and the Divas are waiting in the ring. Kelly and Aksana do some double teaming on one of the Bellas early on. Bella comes back and takes control of Aksana. Aksana fights back with kicks and a scoop slam. Aksana drops a bad elbow drop for a 2 count. Kelly gets involved as does the other Bella for the switch and Aksana gets pinned.
Winners: The Bella Twins
- Still to come tonight, the #1 contender’s battle royal and John Cena will address the WWE Universe. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and John Cena is in the ring. Cena says it’s about to get hot in here. He’s here to talk about WrestleMania and The Rock. Cena runs down The Rock and says pretty much the same stuff he’s said about The Rock never being here. Cena says Rock just came back so he could promote Fast 5 and launch his Twitter account. Cena says he’s fighting for everyone in the back and everyone who wants to be a professional wrestler. Cena talks about April 9th when he’s back on RAW and The Rock is back on a movie set. Cena says Rock will have to kill him to beat him. Cena declares that he will defeat The Rock at WrestleMania 28 and tells The Rock he will see him next week.
#1 Contender’s Battle Royal: Big Show, Cody Rhodes, R-Truth, Wade Barrett, The Great Khali, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk for commentary. Out comes Big Show, WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes, R-Truth, Wade Barrett, The Great Khali, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler. The bell rings and everyone goes at it. Khali and Show in the corner while Cody stomps on Santino. Jericho and Ziggler trade shots.
Everyone teams up together and eliminates The Great Khali as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cody is working on Santino while Show works on Truth. Miz works on Kofi on the apron but Kofi hangs on. Jericho works on eliminating Ziggler but he hangs on. Barrett and Cody team up to try and eliminate Big Show but they can’t. Show fights Jericho, Cody and Barrett off. He stands on Ziggler’s back now. Kofi tosses Miz over but he hangs on. Kofi and Truth double dropkick Miz and he is eliminated.
Show grabs Truth and Kofi for a double chokeslam. Jericho runs over and hits a Codebreaker on Show. Ziggler with the Zig Zag on Jericho. Cody with Cross Rhodes on Ziggler. Barrett takes out Cody with a big sideslam. Barrett goes to Wasteland Santino over the top but Santino counters and eliminates him. Santino eliminates Truth next but Ziggler takes him down. Show grabs Ziggler and throws him over the top. Ziggler is eliminated and smacks his jaw hard on the announcers table. Show fights off everyone in the ring now. Kofi goes at it with Jericho. Kofi goes to the top and Jericho shoves him off to the floor. Kofi is eliminated. It’s down to Show, Jericho, Santino and Cody now.
Officials are out checking on Wade Barrett who may be legitimately hurt and a stretcher is brought out. Cody hits the Beautiful Disaster on Show. Jericho with the Lionsault on Show and Cody gets a shot in. Jericho grabs Santino but he hangs on to avoid elimination. Santino pulls out the Cobra and decks Jericho with it. Cody runs over and eliminates Santino. Cody and Jericho work on Show now. They try for a double suplex but he counters and suplexes them both at once. Show grabs Cody and eliminates him. Show drops Jericho with a big chop to the chest. Cody grabs Show’s leg. Show grabs Cody from the floor and turns around to grab Jericho. He shoves Cody down. Show grabs Jericho but Jericho fights ihm. Show puts Jericho over the top but he hangs on. Cody runs over and pulls Show down, eliminating him.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Chris Jericho
- Chris Jericho is going to WrestleMania to face Pink for the WWE Title. Punk enters the ring with the WWE Title and they have a staredown to end the show.
WWE Superstar Seth Rollins recently spoke with ArkTimes.com to promote next Tuesday's WWE SmackDown ...
Check out the full schedule for Friday, day 12 of the WWE Network launch: 12am EST - WWE NXT repl...
Tigre Uno has been removed from the six-man match at TNA's Lockdown pay-per-view on Sunday as he was...
Samoa Joe recently spoke with the Miami Herald promoting Lockdown this Sunday. Here are the highligh...
Trivia 1999 – Cibernetico wins the AAA Rey de Reyes Tournament, defeating Octagon, Latin Lover...