– We’re live from Laredo, Texas as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. He’s joined by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens and WWE United States Champion Chris Jericho. We see stills of how Owens retained over Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view last night.
Owens talks about retaining last night and how he’s been proving people wrong his whole career. Owens says he’s most proud of proving RAW General Manager Mick Foley wrong last night. Owens says Foley has been stacking the deck against them since he came into power. Owens says he didn’t fail last night, he beat Reigns and he did that because he’s the best, the man, the guy and the one. Owens admits he had some help last night. He takes a chance to thank the man who helped him… Owens thanks Jericho. Owens says he knows being in the cage was the worst moment of Jericho’s life but his friendship and support is what kept Owens going. Owens says he made it through because of Jericho. They hug. No mention of Braun Strowman helping. Owens wants to talk about Jericho’s history-making performance in the Royal Rumble match. Owens says Jericho proved that he is the best Rumble competitor of all time. Jericho thanks Owens.
Jericho brags about spending almost 5 hours in the Rumble match throughout his career, more than any other WWE Superstar in history. He goes on about lasting 61 minutes in the Rumble last night. He’s now The 61 Minute Man. Jericho tells everyone to use their fat fingers to type in #61MinuteMan and then #GreatestofAllTime. Jericho says he didn’t win the match due to a case of vertigo from being in the shark cage. The music interrupts and out comes Strowman.
Fans chant “thank you Strowman” as he takes the mic. Braun interfered because he can’t stand Reigns and because he wants the title shot Owens promised him. Owens asks what title shot he promised. Owens says coming out and interfering in a match when no one asked you to does not equal a title shot. Owens says it’s not happening. Braun says Owens promised him a shot and he has the proof. We see backstage video from a RAW segment last month where Owens did. Owens says it’s photoshopped. Braun says Owens is going to give him a title shot tonight or he’s going to break Owens in half. The music hits and out comes the RAW General Manager in a green & black checkered suit. Foley doesn’t appreciate what Braun did last night but Owens did promise Braun a shot. Owens rants about how he went through hell last night. Foley says Owens did go through hell but that might be a round-trip because he’s facing Braun tonight. Foley gets the cheap pop from Laredo as his music hits. Braun stares at Owens, who isn’t happy. Owens leaves the ring as Jericho sticks around for a match with Sami Zayn. We go to commercial.
Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho
Back from the break and Jericho waits as Sami Zayn comes out for this non-title match. Jericho takes control and takes Zayn down first. Zayn turns it around and they trade holds. Zayn with arm drags before taking Jericho down into an armbar.
More back and forth until Jericho goes to the floor for a breather. Sami dropkicks him through the bottom rope. Sami brings Jericho back in the ring but Jericho puts the referee in between them. Jericho takes advantage and nails a springboard dropkick to knock Sami off the apron. Jericho plays to the crowd for a mixed reaction. Jericho goes for a baseball slide but Sami clotheslines him on the floor. Jericho fights back. Sami with a moonsault from the barrier. Sami stands tall and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break an they’re going at it. Jericho nails an enziguri for a 2 count. Jericho keeps control and talks some trash in the corner. Sami comes out of another corner with a big clothesline. Sami with rights now. Jericho runs into an elbow but puts Sami on the top. Jericho climbs up for a hurricanrana and nails it. Jericho wastes some time and only gets a 2 count. More back and forth. Jericho goes to the top but Sami catches him on the way down. Sami with a Blue Thunderbomb for a 2 count.
Jericho avoids a Helluva Kick and goes to the floor. Jericho also avoids the DDT through the ropes. Jericho makes Sami chase him back in the ring. Sami counters the Walls of Jericho. Sami runs up and walks the rope for a tornado DDT. Jericho dodges a Helluva Kick and turns it into the Walls in the middle of the ring. Sami finally makes it to the bottom rope to break the hold. More back and forth. Sami hits an exploder suplex and a Helluva Kick for the non-title win.
Winner: Sami Zayn
– After the match, Sami celebrates as we get replays.
– Still to come, Braun vs. Owens for the title.
– Back from the break and Cesaro is arguing with Sheamus backstage. Bayley gets in between them and reminds them about their six-person match tonight. She gets a group hug going when the new RAW Tag Team Champions appear with the RAW Women’s Champion. They taunt them, saying tonight the champs will beat the chumps. The champs walk off.
– We go back to the announcers and they lead us to a video package on Seth Rollins, showing his history with Triple H and how he tried to hijack WWE NXT “Takeover: San Antonio” on Saturday night.
– Stephanie McMahon is backstage with Kevin Owens. He’s trying to get out of tonight’s title match. Stephanie says she had no idea Foley was making the match. She says it’s completely unfair and after she’s done with this Rollins business, she will talk to Foley about getting the match canceled. Owens thanks her and walks off. Back to commercial.
Tony Nese vs. Mustafa Ali
We go to the ring and out comes Tony Nese. Austin Aries is on commentary. Mustafa Ali is out next.
They go at it and Ali takes Nese down first. They trade holds and Ali nails a head scissors. Nese with a cheap knee to the gut before running Ali over. Nese keeps control for a 2 count. Nese with a big shot to the back of the neck. Nese whips Ali into the corner but runs into a boot. More counters and a pin attempt by Ali. Nese with a big clothesline for a 2 count. Nese dumps Ali to the apron. Ali comes back in with clotheslines. Nese with a kick to the head. Ali ends up coming back with a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Ali catches a kick and nails a spin kick of his own.
Ali goes to the top but Nese grabs his leg. Ali kicks him away and climbs back up for the inverted 450. Nese comes from behind and takes Ali’s legs out. Ali falls on the back of his head. Nese drops his knee pad and nails the running knee in the corner for the win.
Winner: Tony Nese
– After the match, Nese poses as we go to replays. Aries interviews Nese on the stage. Nese ignores a question about critics and his charisma. Aries somewhat knocks him again and Nese says he doesn’t have to answer questions from his critics. Nese walks off and Aries says Nese gave us nothing.
– Still to come, Stephanie and Rollins. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole hypes the 2018 Royal Rumble in Philadelphia.
– We go to the ring and out comes Seth Rollins to a pop.
Rollins says he may have been banned from the arena at the Royal Rumble but he’s here tonight and he’s live. He knows Stephanie McMahon is backstage and wanted to come call him out but even billion dollar princesses don’t always get what they want. Rollins calls Stephanie to the ring and the music hits.
Stephanie comes out and says Triple H isn’t here tonight. Rollins says if Triple H isn’t here, he doesn’t care about Stephanie. He asks when she’s going to let him off his leash. Stephanie laughs at Rollins insulting them. She says Triple H is afraid… of what he’s going to do to Rollins, of bringing his dark side back out, of destroying what was his creation. She says she asked him to stay away. Rollins says if she expects us to believe that, she’s far more delusional than she looks. She points out how Rollins hasn’t seen gold since turning on them. She brings up him missing WrestleMania 32 and not being in the Royal Rumble last night. She says Rollins owes everyone an apology – her, Triple H and the fans. Rollins gets the fans going. Stephanie says the fans don’t deserve an apology but she does.
Rollins says he’s sorry… sorry that he’s exposed Triple H for the gutless snake that he is, because his entire legacy is about to go up in smoke because he won’t face Rollins. Rollins says he went to Takeover and called Triple H out but he had security do his dirty work. Rollins wonders who that guy in the suit was. He says it wasn’t Triple H, The Game, The Cerebral Assassin… that was a scary dude. Rollins says Triple H is scared because Rollins is the greatest threat to Triple H’s legacy. He says everyone knows it, including Stephanie based on the way she’s always looked at Rollins. Stephanie says she looks at him with nothing but disgust. She says Rollins doesn’t measure up to the man Triple H is because he’s more than a man – he’s a creator, a destroyer and a king. She says Rollins is an architect but if he keeps playing The Game, he will be The Architect of his own demise. Rollins says she doesn’t get it… he has nothing to lose. Rollins threatens to show up at WWE HQ and invade the next board meeting. He asks how will Vince McMahon feel about that. Rollins asks what happens when he shows up at her front door and one of their little kids answer the door. Rollins says this doesn’t end until he gets his hands on Triple H and slays The King. Stephanie backs away and stops. She lied… Triple H is on his way to the arena right now. Triple H is coming and he’s coming for Rollins. She drops the mic and her music hits as Rollins watches her walk to the back.
– We get a look back at Braun, Owens, Jericho and Foley in the opening segment. Still to come, Braun vs. Owens plus a six-person match. Back to commercial.
Cesaro, Sheamus and Bayley vs. Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and Charlotte
Back from the break and our first are Cesaro and Sheamus. Their partner Bayley is out next. New RAW Tag Team Champions Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson are out next, followed by RAW Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair. Bayley and Charlotte look to start things off but it’s Anderson and Cesaro going at it.
Gallows comes in to take over and Cesaro ends up out on the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Anderson stops Cesaro from tagging with a spinebuster for the 2 count. Gallows tags back in and Cesaro avoids a double team but still can’t get the tag. He decks Gallows and makes the tag. Sheamus runs wild on Gallows. Sheamus comes off the top with a clothesline for a 2 count. Sheamus with the 10 forearms on the apron now. Charlotte comes from behind and stops him. Bayley comes in and shoves her. The distraction allows Gallows to turn it back around. Sheamus catches him and tags in Cesaro for a top rope double team. Anderson breaks up a pin.
Cesaro sends Anderson to the floor. Cesaro goes for the Cesaro Swing on Gallows. Charlotte tags in and in comes Bayley. Cesaro goes for a move off the top rope but almost loses his footing. He jumps back up and splashes Gallows and Anderson on the floor. Bayley ends up catching Charlotte in the Bayley-to-Belly for the pin.
Winners: Cesaro, Sheamus and Bayley
– After the match, the champions look on from the floor as Cesaro, Sheamus and Bayley celebrate.
– Stephanie approaches Foley backstage and isn’t happy about Braun vs. Owens. She asks if he had a brain fart or just purposely forgot to tell her. Foley says she needs to respect the job she hired him for. She brings up how Triple H’s music cost Seth Rollins’ the match last week. She says it was a production error. Foley says he’s not stupid and he needs Stephanie to treat him like that. Stephanie doesn’t think he’s stupid. She says Triple H will be here tonight. It looks like Braun vs. Owens is still on.
– Still to come, Neville is here. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes new WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville.
Neville says we saw the real coronation of the king of the cruiserweights last night at the Royal Rumble. Most importantly, he proved everyone wrong. He rants about how fans never supported him. Rich Swann’s music and out he comes.
Swann comes out and talks about how he has a rematch coming. Neville ends up suggesting that Swann bow to his king. Swann turns to leave the ring but Neville tells him not to turn his back on his king. They start brawling. Neville with kicks. Swann comes back and sends Neville retreating. Swann stands tall as his music hits and Neville looks on from the stage.
– Still to come, Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Rusev and Jinder Mahal in a Tornado Tag Team match. Also, Braun vs. Owens.
– Back from the break and we see how Nia Jax best Sasha Banks at the Royal Rumble. Sasha is backstage with a trainer getting wrapped up when Bayley walks in. She’s ready for the rematch but Bayley tries to warn her. Sasha doesn’t want to hear it and walks off.
– We get another look back at the Royal Rumble.
– Owens is backstage when Jericho enters to inform him that the match with Braun is still on. Jericho reminds him that they still have the United States Title if something happens. Owens says he needs Jericho to help him tonight. Jericho is hesitant. He says it’s a singles match, he wrestled for 61 minutes last night and Owens wasn’t out there for his loss to Sami. Owens brings up them main eventing WrestleMania 33 and asks about Jericho having his back. Owens tries to get Jericho hyped up but he’s hesitant. Back to commercial.
WWE Universal Title Match: Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens
Back from the break and out comes WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens. Chris Jericho stops and joins the announcers but says he has a plan and a strategy to help his best friend. Braun Strowman is out next.
Braun immediately floors Jericho at the announce table with a big boot. Owens looks on horrified. Braun grabs Jericho and chokeslams him through the announce table. Owens can’t believe it. Braun marches to the ring now.
Braun enters the ring and we get formal ring introductions from JoJo. We see Jericho being taken to the back by trainers. The bell rings and Owens goes right to the floor. Braun chases him back in the ring. Owens decks him with rights but Owens pushes him away. Owens dropkicks Braun off the apron. He runs right back in and drops Owens. Braun works Owens over in the corner and whips him into another corner.
Braun with two big splashes in the corners. Braun stands tall to a mixed reaction. Owens goes to the floor for a breather but Braun knocks him into the barrier. Braun brings it back into the ring but Owens fights back. Braun with a clubbing blow to the chest, sending Owens back to the mat. They end up on the floor again and Braun goes into the ring post. Owens with a cannonball against the barrier. Owens returns to the ring as the referee counts. Braun makes it back in. Owens with a leg drop to the back of the neck and a senton. Owens with a Frogsplash for a 2 count. Owens with a kick to the face but Braun doesn’t go down. Owens goes to the top but Braun grabs him for a running powerslam. Roman Reigns’ music hits and out he comes to a louder mixed reaction.
Braun watches and yells as Reigns walks to the ring. Reigns steps up on the apron and they stare each other down. Reigns enters the ring and nails a Superman punch for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Braun Strowman
– After the bell, Braun just gets angry at the Superman punch. Reigns clotheslines him to the floor but he’s still standing. Reigns goes out and jumps off the steel steps with a punch but Braun is still standing. Reigns with a spear off the steel steps to take Braun down. Reigns returns to the ring to spear Owens as he turns around. Fans boo as Reigns leaves to his music playing. Braun gets up and looks on before Reigns can make it to the stage as we go to replays. Braun makes his exit as Owens is down on the mat with the title.
– We get a look back at Rollins and Stephanie in the ring earlier tonight. The cameras cut outside and we see a vehicle pull up. Brock Lesnar steps out with Paul Heyman. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman. The pyro goes off before they march to the ring.
The music stops and fans chant for Suplex City. Heyman says he’s the advocate for the disgraced, fallen beast we see before us – Brock Lesnar. Heyman starts talking but the chants for Bill Goldberg interrupt. Heyman says their opinion doesn’t matter but his does, so listen up. Heyman indicates that they’re at the point where they must admit that Goldberg has Lesnar’s number, but… he talks about Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant, Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm, The Undertaker’s WrestleMania Streak vs. Lesnar. The “yeah, but…” for Lesnar’s career is Goldberg. He mentions the Survivor Series match and the easy elimination at the Royal Rumble last night. Heyman says it’s to the point where every time he says Lesnar’s name, someone says, “yeah, but… Goldberg.” Fans chant for Goldberg again. Heyman says he truly despises “yeah, but…” and goes off. Heyman says “yeah, but…” must eliminated, eradicated, wiped out.
Heyman says Lesnar challenges Goldberg to one final match at WrestleMania 33. Goldberg points up at the WrestleMania sign hanging in the air. Heyman wraps the promo and drops the mic before they walk off.
– Still to come, Triple H will confront Seth Rollins. We go to commercial.
Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
Back from the break and out comes Sasha Banks. Nia Jax is out next for this Royal Rumble rematch.
Sasha starts off and nails a dropkick. Nia goes for a Samoan Drop but it’s blocked. Nia throws her to the corner but hits the ring post shoulder first as Sasha moves. Nia ends up on the floor. Sasha kicks her and stops her from re-entering. Sasha with a baseball slide but Nia catches her. Nia ragdolls Sasha’s knee into the ring post with a full nelson twice. Nia rolls her back into the ring and laughs.
Sasha kicks Nia away while on her back. Nia drops down on Sasha’s back before wrapping her leg up. The bell rings but the referee looks surprised, as does Nia.
Winner: Nia Jax
– The referee appears to say something to the timekeeper but Nia won’t break the hold. She finally breaks it and the ref checks on Sasha. Nia goes after her again with another submission. Bayley runs down for the save but keeps her distance. Nia breaks the hold and stares at Bayley. Bayley checks on Sasha as Nia leaves the ring to boos.
– Still come, the Tornado Tag Team match. Back to commercial after more Rumble stills.
– Back from the break and we see Sasha backstage walking with the help of a trainer and Bayley.
– We go to the ring and Lana is in the ring with a mic. She knocks Laredo, calling it a small, pathetic village. She introduces the man who makes her laugh as he crushes pathetic souls. She introduces Rusev and out he comes, still wearing the nose guard. Jinder Mahal is with him.
Tornado Tag Team Match: Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Jinder Mahal and Rusev
Enzo Amore and Big Cass are out next with promos on their opponents, and Lana. They called out Jinder for having so many bulging veins. The match starts and all four Superstars are legal at the same time. They end up on the floor with Enzo and Jinder going at it. Cass sends Rusev nose first into the barrier. Cass drops Rusev again and stands tall until Jinder attacks from behind. They double team Cass now. Enzo leaps on them for the save as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jinder and Rusev have been in control. Enzo stops the double team on Cass. Rusev and Jinder end up taking Cass out again and double teaming Enzo for a few minutes. Rusev rakes Enzo’s eyes with both hands now.
Cass comes back and unloads. He sends Jinder to the floor and catches Rusev with a big slam. Cass with the Empire Elbow for a 2 count on Rusev as Jinder breaks the pin. Jinder and Rusev double team Cass again. Rusev holds Cass while Jinder works him over. Jinder bounces off the rope but Enzo trips him and pulls him out of the ring. Jinder goes into the steel steps. Enzo gets on the apron and uses the rope on Rusev. Cass follows up with a big boot. Cass launches Enzo from the top for the win.
Winners: Big Cass and Enzo Amore
– After the match, Enzo and Cass celebrate.
– We see a limousine arrive to the arena outside. Triple H steps out and makes his way in. He doesn’t look happy.
– The announcers plug the new WWE 24 on WrestleMania 32 premiering tonight after RAW via the WWE Network. Cole leads us to a preview.
– Back from the break and Goldberg is confirmed for next week’s RAW.
– We go to the ring and out comes Triple H in a suit.
Triple H talks about Seth Rollins, Seth freaking Rollins, would become the face of WWE, the WWE Champion, at Triple H’s side. He had everything he wanted from the business and more. All Rollins had to do was hold up his end of the bargain but he couldn’t do it. Triple H says as soon as the pressure got to be too much, Rollins caved. He mocks Rollins for crying and giving back the WWE Universal Title. Triple H says Rollins spit in his face that night and hobbled up the ramp into obscurity. He thought the world wouldn’t turn without Seth Rollins but it did and 7 months later, Rollins was a massive failure. Triple H says Rollins took no responsibility for failing, he blamed it on Triple H. Triple H says he’s owed an apology. He says he gave Rollins the world but Rollins spit in his face.
Triple H says it’s hard not to come out when Rollins calls him out. He says he doesn’t come out because his wife asks him, because it’s best for business. He says he’s trying really hard not to be that guy, the guy who ends careers, crushes dreams, injures people and doesn’t give a crap about anyone or what they think. He says he puts on his suit ever day, ties his stupid tie and goes to the office. He tries to put that behind him every day and be a creator, he tries to create something more for everyone in WWE but then a guy like Rollins shows up at Takeover and interrupts when he’s trying to create, trying to create the next Seth freaking Rollins. Triple H says he’s done trying, he’s so done trying… he takes off his jacket. Fans chant for Triple H. Triple H says Rollins doesn’t have to worry about coming to his house because he’s standing right here, right now. Triple H says Rollins already knows who his creator is, now it’s time for Rollins to get his ass to the ring and meet his destroyer.
Rollins comes out and stares Triple H down from the stage. He takes his shirt off and heads to the ring but Samoa Joe attacks out of nowhere at ringside. Joe unloads on Rollins and tosses him into the barrier. Joe launches Rollins into the barrier again. Fans chant “holy shit” as Triple H approaches at ringside. Triple H stares down at Rollins and has a few words. Joe brings Rollins in the ring as Triple H walks up the ramp. Rollins tries to fight back but gets kicked in the head. Joe with three sentons. Joe applies the Coquina Clutch and takes Rollins down to the mat. Joe tightens the hold as Rollins starts fading. Rollins goes out and Joe stands tall looking crazy. RAW goes off the air.