WWE Raw Results – July 11, 2011
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with the usual intro video but before it finishes we go live inside the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts as CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes with a megaphone in hand.
Punk walks down and takes a headset from the ringside area. He puts it on and says something to the producer in the back. Punk takes a seat down in the ring with a normal mic and his megaphone beside him. Punk says he feels some recapping is in order. He says he was suspended by Vince McMahon last week and the crowd boo’s. Punk says he was suspended because the week before, he got into trouble for things he said. Punk recalls everything he said, as he said it in his promo, but says he didn’t get in trouble for those remarks. He got in trouble because he has the balls to say what nobody else does. Punk says WWE is filled with a parade of shameless ass kissers, in and out of the ring.
Punk says he is re-instated, got his Championship match back and brought back-up in case they change cut his mic again – he says this into the megaphone. A big CM Punk chant breaks out as Punk lets off the sirens on the megaphone. Punk says Vince wants to sign him to a longterm and very lucrative WWE contract. Punk says Vince is bending over backwards to give him what he’s ever wanted. Punks says all he has ever wanted is a microphone. In anyone else’s hand, it’s just a microphone. In his hand, it’s a pipebomb, he says. Punk says Vince finally sees him for what he is – the hottest in the business today. The crowd cheers this. Punk says Vince sees this way because Punk did what Vince and his suits couldn’t do – make WWE socially relevant. Punk says he’s talking about the real world, not the fans. Punk says WWE only gets a mention in the real world two ways – he speaks his mind or someone dies. The crowd doesn’t like this.
Punk says ESPN and Kimmel are ringing his phone off the hook for a story. Punk thinks it’s funny that he has one foot out the door and now Vince finally wants to give him what he wants. Punk says he wouldn’t have five years of pent-up ammunition against Vince if he would have been this nice five years ago. Another massive CM Punk chant breaks out. Punk proposes that he and Vince have the first-ever live contract negotiation in the ring tonight. Punk says maybe he will sign, maybe he won’t, maybe Vince will have to join the CM Punk Kiss My Ass Club. John Cena’s music hits and he comes out to his hometown and a very mixed reaction with mostly boo’s.
Punk taunts Cena through the megaphone. Cena hits the ring and says for his music to be cut. Punk thanks him for getting him re-instated and giving him what he wants. Punk says he will beat Cena for the WWE Title at Money in the Bank and will probably change the way it looks. Punk says it has been far too ugly for far too long. The crowd cheers this. Punk says he is leaving and he will beat Cena for the title. Now, Cena is going to get fired. Punk goes on and Cena is glad to see he finally has a set of balls. Cena says he is out here to set Punk straight. Cena says Punk has to go through him to take the WWE Title out of Chicago. Cena says he’s no push-over. Cena brings up Punk saying he is the best wrestler in this company. Punk corrects him and says he’s the best wrestler in the world. Cena says he does what he does because he loves it. He says he has the WWE Title because he earned it. Cena says there are a lot of people who thought they were the best wrestler. He names people like JBL, Triple H, Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle and others he has defeated. Cena says everyone thought they could hang with him but they got disappointed. Cena doesn’t care about this and that. He says he’s coming to Chicago at Money in the Bank to whoop Punk’s ass. The crowd pops as they face off in the middle of the ring. The e-mail alert goes off to boo’s.
Michael Cole reads the GM’s announcement. He says if this could be Cena’s last night on RAW, Cena should be in action. Cena is in action up next, in a “very special match.” Punk heads up the ramp as Cena looks on and we go to commercial.
John Cena vs. David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty
Back from commercial and it’s announced that Cena must compete in a Handicap Match. Out comes the WWE Tag Team Champions David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty.
Cena starts out with Otunga. They go back and forth until Cena takes him to the mat with a headlock. McGillicutty is tagged in and they lock up. He goes to work on Cena’s arm. Cena comes back to send McGillicutty outside as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and McGillicutty has control of Cena. During the break, Cena was thrown to the floor where Otunga threw him into the barrier. Cena fights out of the headlock but McGillicutty kicks him into the corner and stomps him down. Otunga gets in a cheap shot while the referee isn’t looking. Otunga comes in after more offense to continue the beatdown in the corner. McGillicutty chokes Cena as the ref isn’t looking. Cena fights back with a fisherman’s suplex. McGillicutty comes in but Cena catches him with shoulders and a big slam. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Otunga makes the save. The champs double team Cena for a 2 count.
McGillicutty ends up on the top with Cena. Cena overpowers and sends him back to the mat. Cena fights Otunga off and hits the big leg drop from the top on McGillicutty. Cena locks the STF on but Otunga runs in and breaks the hold. They double team Cena in the corner some more, right in front of the referee. Cena ducks Otunga and hits the Attitude Adjustment on McGillicutty. Cena tosses Otunga to the floor and covers McGillicutty for the win.
Winner: John Cena
- Cena celebrates in front of the hometown crowd as the announcers hype the first-ever live contract negotiations between CM Punk and Vince McMahon for later. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a promo video for Sunday’s Big Show vs. Mark Henry match.
- We see Vickie Guerrero and WWE United States Champion Dolph Ziggler backstage. They’re rehearsing what Dolph is going to say to Vince McMahon tonight. Dolph wants Vince to fire Cena and Punk. Vickie impersonates Vince and starts mocking him. Drew McIntyre walks up and also starts mocking Vince. They continue to bash Vince’s look and his breath. Vickie stops laughing when Vince McMahon himself walks up. Vince calls Dolph and Drew two of his fastest rising stars, and says they deserve to have a really big spotlight. Vince suggests they team up tonight in a handicap match, against a really big opponent – Big Show. They hesitate but thank Vince. Vince asks if anyone has a mint but nobody does. Vince yells that he would hate to have bad breath and they run off. Scott Stanford walks up and asks Vince what’s going to happen in his contract negotiations tonight with CM Punk because the whole world wants to know. Vince tells Scott to tell the world to go to hell. Vince walks off.
- We see WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly walking to the ring as we go to commercial.
Melina vs. Kelly Kelly
Back from the break and Melina is in the ring waiting while The Bella Twins are joining commentary. Out next comes WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly for a non-title match.
Melina takes Kelly down first and kicks her in the back. Melina then applies a submission. Kelly fights out of it with a pair of clotheslines. Kelly then hits a big back elbow and a stinkface in the corner. Kelly blocks Melina’s attack and hits a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Melina misses a split and Kelly hits her leg drop for the win.
Winner: Kelly Kelly
- After the match, The Bella Twins enter the ring. The Bellas pick on how skinny is and tell her to go eat a meal. They start insulting her more. Kelly leaps on one of them and goes to town. The Bellas team up on her until Eve Torres runs down and makes the save. Eve then gets beatdown and The Bellas leave them both laying in the ring.
- The Miz is headed to the ring to address the WWE Universe as we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the WWE Rewind is of The Miz beating up Alex Riley last week. We go to the ring and out comes The Miz. Ladders are set up all around the ring and the briefcase is hanging up high. Miz sits atop the ladder and says nothing feels better than sitting up there and looking down on everyone. Miz says he is better than everyone else in the match on Sunday. Miz says he’s used to taking this path to becoming a WWE Champion because he’s been there before in a way none of his opponents ever have. Miz says everyone will find out that he still has what it takes to be a champion. Miz says he is still the future and on Sunday, every one of his opponents will find out why he’s…. Jack Swagger’s music hits and out he comes.
Swagger comes out and says he also has cashed in and became World Champion before. Swagger says he’s going to do it again. Miz and Swagger go back and forth on the mic until Evan Bourne comes out. He says he’s tired of hearing Miz and Swagger talk about what they’ve done. He’s here to talk about what he’s going to do on Sunday. Bourne says he’s going to steal the show and win. Kofi Kingston’s music hits and he’s out next. Kofi appreciates everyone’s confidence but it’s all talk. Kofi talks about the match and how Edge had to retire because of matches like this. R-Truth comes out next and says the conspiracy against him continues. Truth talks about how he beat John Cena a few weeks back. Truth says he can’t climb the ladder and grab the briefcase because he has what he calls acrophobia. Truth then says he has a fear of heights and there better be no spiders in the ring on Sunday. Truth says the grits will hit the pan if he opens the briefcase and sees a spider. Truth goes on and is interrupted by Alex Riley. Riley rushes the ring and The Miz flees to the floor. Alberto Del Rio’s music is up next and in he comes driving a Mercedes Benz. Del Rio speaks from his car and says this is a disgrace because he earned the #1 contendership last week. Del Rio says Cena is afraid of him. Del Rio says he will do it all over again to show the people that his destiny is to become WWE Champion. Del Rio says in 6 days, he’s going to teach a lesson to everyone in the ring. A lesson for destiny. Del Rio’s music hits but is interrupted by the e-mail alert. The GM says since we have six of the competitors in the ring now, let’s have a match. Miz, Swagger and Truth vs. Bourne, Kofi and Riley is announced for right now. We go to commercial.
The Miz, Jack Swagger and R-Truth vs. Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston and Alex Riley
Back from the break and Swagger is going at it with Bourne. Miz comes in and continues the assault. Miz with a big kick to the head and a 2 count. Truth is tagged in and he drops a big leg drop on Bourne for a 2 count. Bourne starts to fight out of a headlock but Bourne drops him on his face for another 2 count. Bourne struggles for a tag but Truth gets another near fall.
Bourne finally knocks Truth down with a knee to the head and tags in Kofi. Kofi comes off the top rope and goes to work on Truth. Kofi with a big dropkick and then the Boom Drop. Kofi knocks Swagger off the apron but Truth grabs him. Kofi kicks Truth in the head and hits a big crossbody from the top. 2 count for Kofi as Miz breaks the hold. Truth knocks Kofi off the apron and to the floor. Truth tags in Miz as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Miz drops Kofi for a 2 count. Truth comes in with another near fall on Kofi. Swagger comes in but Kof fights his way out of their corner. Swagger and Truth go to double team him but Kofi drops them with a double DDT. Riley comes in and spears Swagger. Riley with clotheslines and a big spinebuster. Riley brings Miz in the ring but gets beatdown. Bourne kicks Truth out of the ring. Swagger goes for the big splash from the second rope but Riley blocks it. Riley hits a big DDT on Swagger for the win.
Winners: Alex Riley, Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston
- After the match, The Miz comes in and lays Riley out with the Skull Crushing Finale. Everyone gets involved. Bourne goes to the top until Alberto Del Rio runs down and pushes him off to the floor. Del Rio runs in the ring with a ladder and cleans house. Del Rio throws the ladder to The Miz on the floor and lays him out. Del Rio stands under the briefcase in the ring as his music hits and everyone is laid out on the floor.
- More hype for Punk and Vince’s contract negotiations tonight.
Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre vs. Big Show
Drew McIntyre and his partner WWE United States Champion Dolph Ziggler are lead out by Vickie Guerrero for their handicap match. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and a pissed off Big Show makes his way to the ring. Ziggler starts things out with Show but he quickly tags in Drew. Show charges and brings Drew in the ring. Show knocks Dolph off the apron and clubs Drew to the mat. Show with a big clothesline in the conrer and more forearm shots to the back. Show with another big clothesline and a slam on Drew as Dolph and Vickie look on from ringside.
Show manhandles Drew some more and throws him to the floor. Dolph hides as Show throws Drew into the barrier. Show tackles Drew at the foot of the ramp and continues the assault up the ramp. The bell rings as Show takes Drew up to the stage and throws him into the big W. Show picks Drew up to chokeslam him off the stage. Mark Henry runs over and collides with them, sending all three flying off the stage. Drew lands to the side while Henry and Show land almost on top of each other. We go to commercial with WWE officials checking on Show and Henry, who are laying in pain.
- Back from the break and Mark Henry is pushing WWE officials away as they try to help him. We go to Cole and Lawler who show us a replay of what Alberto Del Rio did to everyone a few minutes ago with the ladder. Cole leads us into a highlight video from previous Money in the Bank ladder matches.
- We see Vince McMahon and CM Punk making their way to the ring as we go to break.
- Back from the break and out comes Vince McMahon. He stops on the stage, walks back to the back and walks out again. Vince stops, goes back to the back and comes out one more time. Vince finally heads to the ring once the crowd gives him a loud applause. But wait. Vince tells Justin Roberts to shut up and goes behind the curtain one more time. Vince comes walking out again to a bigger pop and is now making his way to the ring.
Vince points to a Zack Ryder sign on the way to the ring and won’t shake Michael Cole’s hand. Vince greets John Cena’s father, who is sitting at ringside. Vince is all smiles as he finally steps through the ropes where a table and chairs is waiting. Vince says he won’t be joining the CM Punk Kiss My Ass Club tonight. Vince says contracts should not be negotiated in public but that’s what CM Punk wants. Vince calls Punk out to the ring and wonders what CM stands for. Vince says they got the Punk part right and out comes Punk to the ring.
Punk mocks Vince’s walk as he heads down. Vince extends his hand for a shake but Punk won’t take it. Vince takes a seat and says Punk’s attorneys have been through everything more than once. Punk won’t take a seat. Punk walks around the table and Vince. Punk figured Vince would come out here wearing a John Cena t-shirt and armband. Punk says he can tell now that Vince has no faith in Cena for this Sunday. Vince says his faith or lack of faith in Cena has no factor in this. Vince says he is doing this for the right reasons. Vince says he couldn’t live with himself if Punk walked out of Chicago with the WWE Title, if somehow he won. Vince calls Punk by his real name, Phil. Punk says his lawyers looked over the contract and it wasn’t up to par. So he had them draw up a new one, which is right here. Punk has already signed it.
Punk says the new deal has a few perks Vince should know about. Vince says don’t push him. Provision #1 in Punk’s new contract is that he gets to push Vince, he says. Punk says he will kick Vince in the nuts and Vince will like it, smile and show him respect or he will shred the contract up and leave on Sunday with Vince’s WWE Title. Provision #1 is actually that Punk wants his own jet, he says. #2 is his face on everything – the Titantron, the turnbuckles, cups, posters, spoons, shoes, socks, everything, Punk says. Punk also wants the WWE ice cream bars brought back. The crowd pops at this. Punk tells Vince he just made him a million dollars in ice cream sales. Punk wants WWE Studios to start producing CM Punk: The Movie. He says call it The Chaperone 2 but his will be funny and successful. Punk also wants the main event at WrestleMania 28. He says Vince can keep The Rock vs. John Cena but he wants the main event. The last thing the contract says is that Vince apologize to him for suspending him last week. Punk says really Vince is apologizing to the fans for being one of the biggest hypocrites he’s ever seen. Punk brings up WWE’s anti-bullying campaign and says Vince is one of the biggest bullies he’s ever seen. Punk wants Vince to apologize. A huge Punk chant breaks out from the crowd.
Punk says he has had friends who were fired from WWE for the wrong reason. Vince says they deserved it. Punk asks why? Because Vince doesn’t know what makes a star in 2011? Punk brings up Colt Cabana and Luke Gallows. Punk says Vince will apologize for Gallows and Cabana right now because they can’t be here. Punk calls himself the voice of the voiceless. Punk says Vince will apologize right now and will like it. Vince relaxes and tells Punk to be gentlemen and get this done. Punk tells Vince to sign the contract and apologize to spare WWE any more embarrassment. Vince doesn’t want to apologize and just wants to sign. Punk tips the table over and Vince stands up. A “we want wrestling” chant breaks out and Vince says he doesn’t give a damn what the fans want. Punk says that’s the problem – Vince doesn’t care and Punk cares too much, he says. Punk says Boston wants to hear an apology.
Vince mumbles he’s sorry but that’s not good enough for Punk. Vince calls Punk a son of a bitch and apologizes. Punk rubs it in. Punk tells Vince to sign the contract before the WWE stock plummets some more. As Vince prepares to sign the contract, John Cena’s music hits and out comes the WWE Champion.
Cena says that was a fine speech by Punk. The fans love him and will love him in Chicago, Cena says. Cena says if Vince wants to sign the contract and cave in to a terrorist, then that’s his decision. Cena says Punk and Vince look like a few spoiled brats right now and mocks them like a little kid. Cena talks about how much he hates Vince and says still, he shows up for work everyday. Cena talks about the fans now. He says Punk is the biggest hypocrite of all. Cena says Punk is saying what he’s saying right now but will be leaving soon. Cena brings up how The Rock returned and said he wouldn’t be leaving but he’s gone. Cena goes on and says Punk has lost sight of everything. Punk says he doesn’t fit a certain mold and he’s the underdog. Punk talks about WrestleMania 22 when he was an extra during Cena’s entrance and how he thought one day he would be standing over Cena. Punk goes on against Cena and brings up Boston and his family. Punk says Cena has become a dynasty, he has become what he hates. Punk says Cena has became the New York Yankees. Cena throws a right hand at Punk. Punk flees the ring and continues running his mouth. Cena’s music hits but Punk stops at the stage to speak and asks for Cena’s music to be cut.
Punk says he was just reminded why he wants to leave WWE so bad. Punk says on Sunday night, they can say goodbye to John Cena, the WWE Title and CM Punk. Punk rips up his contract and says he will go be the best in the world somewhere else. RAW goes off the air with Punk looking down to the ring at Cena and Vince.
Continue to refresh this page throughout the evening for the latest results.
Trivia 1981 – Giant Baba wins the AJPW Champion’s Carnival, defeating Bruiser Brody in th...
Below is the full schedule for Wednesday, day 59 of the WWE Network launch: 12am EST - WrestleMan...
- WWE has announced that Stephanie McMahon will be on Monday's RAW to issue an apology to Daniel Bry...
- The dark match in between Tuesday's Main Event and the SmackDown tapings saw Sami Zayn defeat Heat...
Watch several video highlights from this week's episode of WWE Main Event. ...