WWE Raw Results – June 27, 2011
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a live shot from the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler lead us to the RAW Roulette wheel where Booker T is giving it a spin.
- We go to the ring and Shawn Michaels’ music hits. Out comes the Hall of Famer to a big pop from the crowd.
Shawn comes out and says he really tried to stay away but just couldn’t do it. HBK asks how could he possibly leave all this as the crowd chants his name. Shawn says it’s tough – 20 plus years of doing something, you can’t just stop cold turkey. Shawn says he missed the fans and it’s them who made him the Showstopper, Mr. WrestleMania and Mr. Hall of Fame. Shawn says he’s not a guest host tonight, he’s just here but other guests hosts have bugged him as they always have a new movie or something to plug. Shawn then plugs his new show on the Outdoor Channel, sarcastically. Shawn plugs his Twitter and is interrupted by CM Punk’s music. Punk comes out with David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty, the WWE Tag Team Champions. They say Mason Ryan isn’t here because he suffered an injury over the weekend.
Nexus enters the ring and Punk takes the mic. He says HBK’s personality is so addictive that he couldn’t stay away from the spotlights. Punk brings up how he’s leaving WWE on July 17th. Shawn says that means no fans will have to see or hear from Punk again and that’s a win-win. Punk says it is – that’s what he wants and what the fans want. Punk says Shawn lost to Undertaker when he left WWE. Punk says he will win when he leaves WWE, and leave the WWE Champion. Shawn asks if Punk has ran all this by John Cena yet. Punk has no doubts that he will leave Money in the Bank with Cena’s WWE Title. Punk says one of the reasons he’s leaving is the fans. Punk acknowledges that Shawn was better than him but says there’s nobody that can hold a candle to him now. Punk asks if this is a challenge from Shawn.
Shawn says they are alike in some ways but at the end of the day, Punk has his style and Shawn has his… Shawn lays Otunga out with Sweet Chin Music out of nowhere. Punk tells Shawn he just made the biggest mistake of his life. The e-mail alert goes off to a big chorus of boo’s. Michael Cole steps up to read the General Manager’s announcement. The GM says since Punk only has 3 RAW shows left, they’re going to make it count. Punk is in the first match tonight and it’s time to spin the wheel. We go backstage to Booker T and the RAW Roulette wheel. He goes over some of the choices on the wheel. Booker spins the wheel and Punks match will be a “Mystery” match as it lands on a question mark. This means Punk has a mystery opponent and it’s revealed to be Kane, who is standing right beside the wheel. HBK lays out McGillicutty with Sweet Chin Music now and tells Punk good luck.
CM Punk vs. Kane
Kane comes out as Shawn leaves the ring and Punk looks on. We go to commercial as Kane makes his entrance.
Back from the break and Kane is going at it with Punk. Kane works over Punk on the floor and brings it back in the ring. Kane with a right hand in the corner as a big CM Punk chant breaks out from the crowd. Kane beats Punk down in the corner and hits a low dropkick for a 2 count. Kane with a big clothesline in the corner and a sideslam. Another 2 count for Kane.
Punk makes a comeback and comes off the top. Kane grabs him for a chokeslam but Punk kicks Kane in the head and breaks free. Punk goes to work with kicks and stomps now. Punk hits several knees to the head while Kane is down in the corner and hits him with forearm shots to the back. Kane grabs for another chokeslam but Punk fights him off. Kane drops Punk with a big boot and goes to the top rope. Punk stops him with a right hand and goes for a superplex. Kane blocks it and headbutts Punk to the mat. Kane goes to fly but Punk leaves the ring and walks off. The referee counts Punk out as he walks straight to the locker room without looking back.
Winner by Count Out: Kane
- Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show and John Cena vs. R-Truth in RAW Roulette matches are announced for later tonight. We go to commercial.
No Count Out Match: Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne
Back from the break and out comes Sin Cara for the next RAW Roulette match. Out next comes Evan Bourne to another nice reaction. The bell rings and they start to go at it but we forgot something. The referee stops them and we go to Booker T backstage with the wheel. Eve Torres appears and spins the wheel. We’ve got a No Count Out Match. The bell rings again and here we go.
The match starts with lots of back and forth action on the mat and then trading of holds. Cara tosses Bourne with a hip toss off the ropes and some high flying offense. Cara sends Bourne to the floor and slides outside of the ring. They face off and run back in the ring. They trade kicks. Cara rolls Bourne up. Bourne stomps on his chest and gets a 2 count. A Power Ranger chant breaks out in the crowd. Bourne ducks a kick but gets sent across the ring and back out to the floor. Cara runs and dives through the ropes, landing on Bourne and the floor.
Bourne counters Cara on the floor and takes him down on his head. Bourne brings Cara back in the ring. Cara misses a dropkick and Bourne rolls him up for a 2 count. Cara counters another roll up and gets a 2 count of his own. Bourne drops Cara with a big knee to the head and another near fall. Bourne rCuns into boots in the corner. Cara with a springboard into a pin attempt for 2. Bourne kicks Cara down and hits a standing moonsault for 2. Cara ducks a kick but Bourne connects with the next one. Bourne goes up top for Air Bourne but Cara rolls out of the way. Bourne lands on his feet. Cara with an impressive headscissors into a cutter for the pin and the win.
Winner: Sin Cara
- We go backstage with Booker T, Kofi Kingston and the Roulette wheel. The RAW GM is letting Kofi spin the wheel to see what kind of match he has with Dolph Ziggler next. Vickie Guerrero walks up and spins the wheel instead. Kofi asks if this still counts. It lands on a Player’s Choice match. That means Kofi still gets to pick the match. Kofi picks the match against Dolph with Vickie banned from ringside. Back to break.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston
Back from the break and Kofi Kingston is out. Vickie Guerrero comes out to introduce Dolph Ziggler but referees usher her to the back. Out next comes the United States Champion. The bell rings and they go at it before taking a commercial break early on.
Back from the break and Dolph is in control of Kofi in the ring with a headlock. Kofi tries to make a comeback but Dolph counters and hits the leg drop to the back of the head for 2. Dolph continues the attack and blocks every comeback attempt. Kofi manages a 2 count but that’s it. Kofi starts fighting back with a flurry of kicks and punches but Dolph decks him. Kofi bounces off the ropes and hits Trouble in Paradise out of nowhere for the pin and the non-title win.
Winner: Kofi Kingston
- We go backstage to Booker T and Maryse. Booker is in rare form tonight, talking about the RAW Roulette happenings so far tonight. Alberto Del Rio interrupts and asks why he has to face Big Show again. Maryse agrees and says Del Rio already beat Show at Capitol Punishment. Booker goes to spin the wheel but Del Rio wants Maryse to bring him some good luck. She spins it and starts flirting with Del Rio. The wheel lands on a Steel Cage match and Del Rio is pissed. Maryse walks off and Booker taunts Del Rio. Del Rio storms off as we go to commercial.
Steel Cage Match: Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio
Back from the break and Alberto Del Rio makes his way out in a yellow sports car. Del Rio approaches the steel cage and makes his way inside. Big Show’s music hits next and out he comes to a nice reaction. Show is all smiles as he enters the ring and taunts Del Rio. Del Rio immediately tries to escape the cage but Show brings him back in and sends him to the mat. Show with big chops now.
Show throws Del Rio into the cage and grinds his face into it. Show charges in the corner but Del Rio moves and takes out his leg. Del Rio takes Show down with several kicks to the head. Del Rio goes for a pin but Show shoves him off. Del Rio goes right back to working on Show’s leg and applies a submission. Mark Henry makes his way out to the cage now and walks around before mouthing off to the announcers.
Del Rio runs into a big right hand and goes down. Show goes for a chokeslam but Del Rio kicks his leg and DDT’s him. 2 count for Del Rio. Del Rio goes to climb the cage but Show clubs him in the back. Show throws Del Rio to the top rope and they fight in the corner. Show goes for a superplex from the second rope while Del Rio is on the top. Show superplexes Del Rio back down hard to the mat and both are down. Henry tries to rip the door off the cage now and does so. Henry brings the cage door in the ring and kicks Show in the head. Del Rio escapes out of the cage while this is going on to win the match.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Show is propped up between the ropes and the cage wall. Henry charges him with the cage door in hand and splashes into Show and the cage wall. This sends Show crashing through the cage wall. The entire half of one cage side falls tot he floor with Show laid out on top of it. Henry yells at Show as officials come down to calm him down. Henry asks what are they going to do, fire him? Henry says he does what he wants and continues going crazy. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage of Big Show being helped up during the commercial.
WWE Divas Title Submission Match: Kelly Kelly vs. Nikki Bella
We go to the ring and out comes the WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly. We see footage of Kelly winning the title last week on RAW. Back to this week and out comes Nikki Bella with her sister Brie. We go backstage to Booker T and the wheel. We’ve got a Submission Match. The bell rings and Nikki strikes first. Nikki takes Kelly to the corner and takes her down. Nikki with an arm lock now into an armbar.
Kelly fights out and applies a Boston crab on Nikki. Nikki taps out almost immediately to give Kelly the win.
Winner: Kelly Kelly
- After the match, Brie Bella runs in the ring and attacks Kelly from behind. Nikki joins in on the beatdown until Eve Torres runs down and clears the ring of the Bellas. The Divas have words as Kelly’s music hits and the Bellas head to the back.
- Back from the break and we get a promo video on Tough Enough winner Andy Leavine with footage of his slap from Vince McMahon and Stunner from Steve Austin. FCW President Steve Keirn, Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat comment on Andy in the video.
- We go to Booker T and Rey Mysterio with the RAW Roulette wheel. The wheel lands on a Tornado Match. It will be Rey and Alex Riley vs. Jack Swagger and The Miz with all four in the ring at the same time. Rey walks off and Diamond Dallas Page appears. He talks about the WCW Nitro DVD with Booker T and shows it off. He brings up beating Jeff Jarrett and the match with Sting. Drew McIntyre walks up and says guys in the back think they are washed up. Drew says they’re taking up his TV time. Drew recommends they both leave on their own or they will leave on a stretcher. Out of nowhere Shawn Michaels lays out Drew with Sweet Chin Music. Shawn talks about the WCW DVD and DDP says he’s going to like it. Booker says he’s going to send Shawn a copy and that’s it. Up next is the Tornado Match as we go to commercial.
Tornado Match: Rey Mysterio and Alex Riley vs. The Miz and Jack Swagger
Back from the break and out first comes The Miz followed by Jack Swagger. Alex Riley is out first for his team followed by Rey Mysterio, both to nice reactions. The bell rings and all four men go at it. Riley works over Miz in the corner while Rey and Swagger go at it. Everyone goes down after clotheslines and Swagger works Rey over in the corner. Miz and Riley take their fight to the floor.
Swagger with a 2 count on Rey. Miz goes up top but Rey pushes Swagger into him. Riley clotheslines them both in the corner and whips Rey into Swagger with a sliding dropkick. Rey leaps from the apron to Swagger and the floor. Riley hip tosses Miz from the top rope but he kicks out at 2. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz is in control of Riley while Swagger still has Rey down in the corner. Riley fights back on Miz but Swagger stops him. Swagger and Miz team up on Riley now. Riley fights them both off and rolls Miz up for 2. Rey leaps from the top but Swagger catches him in mid-air. Swagger drops Rey over Miz’s knee for a 2 count. Another 2 count on Rey after more offense. Rey ends up on top with The Miz. Miz goes for a superplex but Rey blocks it and knocks Miz back to the mat. Rey with a senton on Miz from the top. He drops Swagger and sends him to the floor where Riley is. Rey kicks Miz in the head for a 2 count. Miz goes for the Skull Crushing Finale but Rey kicks him into 619. Rey goes for it but Swagger stops him and pulls him to the floor. Riley comes in and spinebusters Swagger for a 2 count as Miz breaks the pin. Miz with an inverted DDT on Riley for another 2 count.
Riley clotheslines Miz and they both go to the floor. Swagger drops Rey but still can only get a 2 count. Swagger goes for the gutwrench powerbomb but Rey drops him for 619. Swagger catches 619 and applies the ankle lock while Rey is on the ropes. Miz comes over and chokes Rey while he’s in the ankle lock. Riley makes the save and drops Miz on the barrier. Riley runs over and nails Swagger, allowing Rey to hit 619. Riley hits a DDT as Rey leaps from the top rope with a splash for the win.
Winners: Rey Mysterio and Alex Riley
- Riley and Miz celebrate in the ring as we go to a preview for Shawn Michaels’ new show on the Outdoor Channel.
- We go to R-Truth, who is backstage with the RAW Roulette wheel and Booker T. Truth is talking to himself. Booker interrupts him and tells him to spin the damn wheel. Truth spins and we’ve got a Tables Match for tonight’s main event. Truth says he can dig that. Truth says tonight, John Cena is gone get got. Truth starts talking to himself again. Booker asks him to leave because he’s scaring him. Booker leaves instead and we go to break.
Tables Match: R-Truth vs. John Cena
Back from the break and R-Truth makes his way out to the ring for tonight’s main event. Several tables are set up around the ring. John Cena’s music hits next and out comes the WWE Champion. The bell rings and Truth strikes first with kicks and right hands, beating Cena down in the corner. Truth continues the assault, beating Cena to another corner
Cena comes back and hits a fisherman’s suplex. Cena goes outside to get a table but Truth attacks and brings it back in the ring. Truth takes Cena to the mat and puts a knee in his back. Cena fights out of the hold and dropkicks Truth. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Truth counters it and lays Cena out. Truth goes outside and brings a table back in the ring. Truth props it up in the corner and looks to suplex Cena through it. Cena counters and drops Truth the other way. Cena sends Truth to the floor and follows. Cena throws him into the steel steps and brings another table into the ring.
Cena brings Truth into the ring now where two tables are set up. CM Punk runs down and turns a table over as Cena goes to AA Truth through it. Cena runs to the floor and fights with Punk, bringing him back in the ring. Cena goes for the AA on Punk but it’s blocked. Truth takes advantage and spears Cena through the table in the corner for the win.
- After the match, Punk takes a mic and has a seat at the top of the ramp. Punk is wearing a Steve Austin t-shirt. Punk says before he leaves, he has some things he wants to get off his chest. Punk says he doesn’t hate Cena, he actually likes him more than most people in the back. Punk hates the idea that Cena is the best, because he’s not. Punk says he’s the best, the best in the world. Punk says Cena is better than one thing – kissing Vince McMahon’s ass. Punk says Cena is as good at kissing Vince’s ass than Hulk Hogan was. Punk also brings up The Rock being Vince’s ass kisser. Punk says he is the best wrestler in the world and has been since day 1 of walking into this company. Punk brings up how Paul Heyman saw something in him. Punk says yea, I’m a Heyman guy. Punk says Brock Lesnar was also a Heyman guy and he left. Punk says the difference is, he’s leaving with the WWE Title. Cena is still trying to recover in the ring. Punk says he has tried to grab so many of Vince’s imaginary brass rings and that’s just what they are – imaginary. Punk says he’s proved he’s the best in the ring, on the mic and even on commentary. Punk says he’s barely promoted, not on any WrestleMania posters, no opening videos, no promo cups and things like that. Punk says he isn’t on Conan or Fallon, but should be. The fact that The Rock is in the WrestleMania 28 main event and not him makes him sick. Punk says the ones cheering him right now are one of the biggest reasons he’s leaving. He says they’re the ones sipping out of those promo cups and then trying to get him to sign it at the airport so they can sell it on Ebay. Punk says he’s leaving with the WWE Title and maybe will defend it in New Japan or Ring of Honor. Punk says hi to Colt Cabana. Punk says Vince will make money despite himself. Punk calls Vince a millionaire who should be a billionaire but he’s not because he surrounds himself with people like John Laurinaitis. Punk says WWE could be better once Vince is dead but it will be ran by his idiotic daughter Stephanie McMahon and Triple H. Punk goes on and they cut his mic and then go to black. RAW is off the air.
In the video below, Sting talks to IGN at the San Diego Comic Con today. Sting called today's app...