WWE Raw Results – April 29, 2013
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up from Columbus, Ohio with Michael Cole welcoming us. We go right to the ring and out comes Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio. It’s announced the winner of this match will pick the stipulation for the World Heavyweight Title match at Extreme Rules. Ricardo heads to the ring as Zeb Colter and Big E Langston wait.
Big E Langston vs. Zeb Colter vs. Ricardo Rodriguez
This match was made by Teddy Long, it’s announced.
Langston eyes Zeb and Ricardo, smiling. Zeb goes to the apron, leaving Big E to face off with Ricardo. Big E catches Ricardo and runs over him with a big shoulder. Big E with a big forearm to the chest. Ricardo fights back with a kick and some punches. He tries to run away but Big E grabs him for big slams over his knee. Big E with body shots in the corner now. Big E has words with Zeb. Big E runs and spears Ricardo in the corner. Big E tosses Ricardo across the ring. Ricardo jumps and Big E runs into the ring post. Ricardo with kicks and punches to Big E now. Zeb comes in and gets some shots in on Big E. Ricardo and Zeb double team him. Ricardo reminds him that they’re enemies. Big E runs over Ricardo again as Zeb watches.
Zeb pushes Big E away and beats up Ricardo. Big E backs Zeb up and he falls down, faking a knee injury. Jack Swagger runs in and tends to Zeb. Ricardo with a kick to Big E. Ricardo tosses a trash can onto Big E and it does nothing. Big E lays Ricard out with a big belly to belly suplex. Alberto Del Rio comes in and hits Big E. Dolph Ziggler takes out Del Rio. Swagger sends Ziggler to the floor. Big E sends Swagger to the floor but tumbles out with him. Zeb steals the pin and covers Ricardo but AJ Lee breaks the pin. These are triple threat rules. Ricardo rolls up Zeb for the win.
Winner: Ricardo Rodriguez
– Still to come, Ryback and John Cena are being forced to face The Shield. Cole, Jerry Lawler and JBL talk about Cena’s Achilles injury. They wonder if Cena will be ready to go tonight. Cena will be up next to celebrate World Wish Day.
– We go back to replays of how the triple threat ended. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a video of John Cena granting a wish on Today earlier this morning. We come back to the arena and out comes Cena with several kids and their parents from Make-A-Wish. Cena talks about World Wish Day and introduces Jacob, Nicholas and Logan. He says their wish was to come watch RAW. Cena encourages fans to visit Wish.org/WWE and help out. Cena says tonight, they’re making these three kids honorary WWE Superstars. Cena introduces the three newest WWE stars. Jacob’s name he chose is The Eliminator, Nick’s name he chose was Nick The Stitch and Logan’s name he chose was Lightning Logan. The crowd cheers and Cena gets them to cheer louder for the three kids. Cena thanks the fans and that’s it.
– We see Randy Orton walking backstage. Back to commercial.
Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and Randy Orton is finishing up his entrance as Cody Rhodes looks on from ringside.
Orton strikes first and takes Cody down. They lock up again and Cody takes control for a second. Orton fights out but Cody drops him with a shoulder. Back and forth but Orton drops Cody with an elbow. They lock p again and trade holds. Cody works on the arm and takes Orton to the corner. Orton tosses Cody to the floor but he hangs on and comes back in. Cody turns around to a dropkick. Orton taunts Cody and dropkicks him again. Orton with a 1 count. Orton keeps control and works Cody over.
Orton stomps away on Cody. Cody pulls Orton into the turnbuckles and turns it around. Cody works Orton over in the corner now. Orton turns it around and hits a suplex for a 2 count. Orton keeps the attack on Cody and covers for another pin attempt. Cody turns it around and drops Orton with a dropkick for a 2 count. Cody with kicks. Orton comes back with a clothesline. Cody goes to the floor but Orton chases him and hits another. Orton brings it back in the ring but Cody blocks the second rope DDT. Cody comes in but blocks an RKO. Orton stares Cody down as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton has control of Cody on the floor. Orton brings it back in but Cody nails a Disaster Kick. Cody brings Orton back in the ring and covers for a 2 count. Cody with another pin attempt. Cody with stomps now. Cody mounts Orton with right hands and kicks him again. Cody with a knee to the throat. Another 2 count on Orton. Cody with a headlock now. Orton fights to his feet and goes for a backdrop. Cody counters and drops Orton with a big right hand. Cody with another stomp and knee drop for 2. Cody with a boot in the corner now. Orton fights back with rights and a headbutt. Orton runs into a big boot. Cody goes to the top and comes down with an elbow to the head. Cody with a 2 count. Cody goes back to the top but Orton cuts him off. Orton climbs up and nails a superplex. Cody kicks out at 2. More of Orton in control. Orton hits the second rope draping DDT and readies for an RKO. The crowd goes nuts. Cody blocks it and nails Cross Rhodes for a close 2 count. Cody complains about the three count. Cody yells at Orton. Cody goes for a Disaster Kick but jumps into an RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, Matt Striker talks to Orton in the ring. Striker asks if Orton is still haunted by Big Show turning on him at WrestleMania 29. Orton says it fuels him. He’s never been so focused and never felt so extreme. Cody gets up and Orton nails another RKO.
– Brie Bella is stretching when her sister Nikki walks up. They’re not happy about missing the battle royal last week. They were at a red carpet event for the E! network. They walk off together and we go to commercial.
Brie Bella vs. Naomi
Back from the break and The Bella Twins are in the ring. We get a sneak peek at the upcoming Divas show that will air on E! in June. Out next comes Cameron and Naomi without Tensai or Brodus Clay.
Brie and Naomi lock up. Brie sends her to the mat and taunts her. Naomi fights back and hits a Thesz Press. Naomi with right hands and offense off the ropes. Naomi with a dropkick that sends Brie out of the ring. Brie fights her way back in and goes to the top but Naomi cuts her off. The Bellas do the twin switch. Nikki comes in and steals the win by rolling up Naomi.
Winner: Brie Bella
– Cameron complains to the referee after the match. The referee calls The Bellas back to the ring and announces Naomi wins by DQ. The Bellas hit the ring and a brawl breaks out. They end up dumping Naomi out of the ring and beating up Cameron some more.
Winner by DQ: Naomi
– Still to come, The Shield will speak. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns through the crowd, to the ring. The Shield talks about breaking down the injustices in WWE since they arrived at Survivor Series. Seth Rollins says not one person has been able to stop them. Rollins says they changed WWE history when they stopped Ryback from becoming WWE Champion. We see a still from Survivor Series. We see stills of The Shield taking out The Rock, Big Show, Sheamus and John Cena. Dean Ambrose says they looked immortality in the face and force fed justice to The Undertaker. Reigns tells Taker to rest in peace. We see a video from SmackDown where The Shield beat up Taker.
Ambrose says justice doesn’t care if you’re undefeated at WrestleMania, the WWE Champion or what your name is. Rollins says justice has not forgot about Ryback and John Cena. Rollins goes on but 3MB’s music hits and out comes Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre on the stage. Slater tells them to shut up. Slater says The Shield has unfinished business with 3MB tonight. Drew says they were seconds from teaching Triple H a lesson but The Shield crashed their party. Mahal says now they’re crashing The Shield’s party. 3MB surround the ring and enter. A brawl breaks out. The Shield look to be getting the upperhand. Kane’s pyro goes off and out he comes with Daniel Bryan. They hit the ring but The Shield retreats through the crowd. Kane and Bryan beat up 3MB and clear the ring of them instead. Kane chokeslams Slater while staring at The Shield. Bryan makes the crowd chant yes and The Shield runs off to the back.
– John Cena is backstage getting his foot taped up. Ryback comes in and says Cena can tape it up all he wants but he’s still hurt. Cena says hurt, not injured and he can still go. Cena says he is more effective on one leg than Ryback is two. Ryback says he will take that chance and walks off. Back to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston
Cole and Lawler plug Domino’s pizza. Out comes World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler with AJ Lee and Big E Langston by his side. Out next comes his opponent WWE United States Champion Kofi Kingston.
Lots of back and forth to start the match. Kofi goes for SOS but it’s blocked. More counters and attempts. We go to commercial mid-match.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control. Kofi fights out of a hold. Ziggler cuts him off. Ziggler taunts Kofi now. Ziggler with a neckbreaker. Ziggler misses a splash in the corner as Kofi moves out of the way. Ziggler goes back to the attack and beats Kofi down in the corner. Kofi fights him off with kicks and punches. Kofi makes a comeback and nails a big dropkick. Kofi hits the Boom Drop. Ziggler blocks Trouble in Paradise but Kofi catches him. Ziggler counters that with a big DDT. Ziggler with a 2 count. More back and forth. Kofi with SOS for a 2 count. Ziggler misses the leg drop and Kofi nails Trouble in Paradise but AJ puts Ziggler’s leg on the bottom rope. Big E helps Ziggler up on the floor but Kofi dives out onto both of them. Kofi brings Ziggler back in and goes to the top. Kofi with a big crossbody for a close 2 count. AJ distracts the referee. Big E gets on the apron but Kofi sends him to the floor. Ziggler rolls Kofi up for 2. Kofi counters with a 2 count. Kofi catches Ziggler again and catapults him into the corner. Kofi misses a big shot from the top rope. Ziggler hits Zig Zag for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, Big E hits two of his finishers on Kofi as Ziggler cheers him on. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Team Ziggler is walking backstage. They run into Natalya and Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn and AJ have words about the Divas Title. A crew member brings up a gift and AJ thinks its for her. It’s for Kaitlyn and a matching hat for her bracelet is in the ring. Kaitlyn reads the love letter and now has a secret admirer.
– We get a video for Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar.
– Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox are backstage talking. Ryback comes in and says he won’t face The Shield alone again. Vickie says there will be a six-man match now – The Shield vs. Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan. Ryback says he’s been there, done that, and doesn’t trust either of them. He shouts no and walks off. Back to commercial.
Jack Swagger vs. Zack Ryder
Back from the break and out comes Jack Swagger with Zeb Colter. Zack Ryder is out next and on his way to the ring, he shows us footage of Zeb in action earlier tonight. Swagger locks up and takes Ryder to the corner to start the match. Swagger with more big knees in the corner.
Swagger nails a big clothesline and keeps control. Ryder makes a comeback but Swagger dumps him on his back for a 2 count. Swagger starts working on Ryder’s leg now. Swagger tosses Ryder across the ring and nails two Swagger Bombs. Swagger taunts Ryder. Swagger goes for another Swagger Bomb but Ryder puts his boots up. Ryder dumps Swagger to the floor and nails a dropkick through the ropes. Ryder brings it back in the ring but Swagger catches him and nails a gutwrench powerbomb. Swagger applies the Patriot Lock for the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Swagger finally breaks the hold. Swagger lets Zeb taunt Ryder for disrespecting him earlier. Swagger knocks Ryder back with a right hand.
– Mark Henry is carrying a rope to the ring as we go back to commercial.
– During the break, Matt Striker tried getting an interview with Ryback for the WWE App but Ryback was shown walking out of the building.
– We go to the ring and Mark Henry is out with a big rope and a microphone. Henry says he’s here to prove he’s the strongest man in the world. He’s asked Vickie Guerrero for two opponents. Henry says to bring them out. Here comes Tensai first. The referee officiates a tug-of-war and here we go. Henry pulls Tensai over the line and wins the first round. Henry celebrates and out next comes Brodus Clay.
Clay battles Henry in a tug-of-war now. Henry pulls Clay over the middle line and wins the second round. Henry celebrates until the music of Sheamus hits and here comes. Sheamus comes to the stage and taunts Henry. Sheamus says let’s get it on and heads to the ring to battle Henry in a tug-of-war contest. Henry almost gets it but Sheamus lets go of the rope and Henry falls back. Henry gets up pissed off but Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick.
– We see footage from John Cena’s special segment for World Wish Day earlier tonight.
– Brad Maddox and Vickie Guerrero are backstage with Team Hell No. Ryback has left the building. Kane’s upset and ready to battle The Shield no matter what. Vickie says they can have the match and they walk off. Vickie whispers something to Brad and we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get tweets from The Rock about his surgery and the success of Pain & Gain.
– John Cena is getting ready to head out to the ring when Brad Maddox walks in. Cena says he’s not letting Team Hell No face The Shield without a partner. Maddox says Cena is hurt bad. Cena says he’s not but Maddox will be. Cena says he’s fighting tonight and Maddox leaves.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Antonio Cesaro
We go to the ring and out comes Ricardo Rodriguez to begin the introduction for Alberto Del Rio. Antonio Cesaro waits in the ring.
The bell rings and they lock up and break. Another lock up and they go to the mat trading holds. Del Rio with a pin attempt. Cesaro shoves him. Del Rio comes back firing away into the corner. Cesaro suplexes Del Rio. Del Rio comes back with a big kick to the arm. Del Rio focuses on Cesaro’s arm now. Cesaro turns it around and focuses on Del Rio’s arm now. Cesaro with uppercuts now. Del Rio comes back with a hurricanrana. Del Rio with shots to the kidneys now. Del Rio with a backstabber. Del Rio goes for the cross armbreaker but Cesaro blocks it and goes to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro is in control of Del Rio. Cesaro with a stomp and a 2 count. Cesaro with a gutwrench slam for another pin attempt. Cesaro hits a big running uppercut in the corner but Del Rio kicks out at 2. Cesaro with left and right hands before another pin attempt. Cesaro keeps control of Del Rio and keeps him on the mat. Del Rio tries to block a back drop but gets slammed anyway. Cesaro with more big uppercuts. Del Rio with a big kick to the face and a clothesline. Del Rio makes a comeback and nails a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Cesaro rolls Del Rio up for a close 2 count. Del Rio with a suplex for another close 2 count. More back and forth action. Del Rio comes off the top but Cesaro knocks him out of the air with an uppercut. Del Rio still kicks out at 2. Cesaro runs into the ring post. Del Rio with a superkick to the face for a 2 count. More back and forth Cesaro goes for the win but Del Rio counters with the cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Del Rio picks a Ladder Match stipulation for the Triple Threat at Extreme Rules.
– Fandango and The Great Khali are headed to the ring for a dance off as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Fandango with his dancer Summer Rae. The Great Khali waits in the ring with Natalya and Jerry Lawler is hosting things. Lawler asks Khali about Dancing with the Stars and how Chris Jericho did. Khali says he’s better. Music hits and Khali dances with Natalya. Lawler asks Fandango how Jericho did on DWTS. Fandango says he was clumsy. Fandango and Summer Rae dance next. Lawler refers to her as Summer Rae. The crowd cheers more for Khali and Natalya but it’s very close. Khali and Natalya win the dance contest. Fandango attacks from behind and takes Khali’s knee out. Fandango with a sweep to take Khali to the mat. Fandango goes to the top and nails the big leg drop on Khali.
– Up next is the main event. We see footage from SmackDown where The Undertaker got beat down by The Shield.
John Cena and Team Hell No vs. The Shield
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Champion John Cena for the main event. The WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan are out next. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and here comes The Shield. A brawl starts the match before Kane and Dean Ambrose go at it in the ring. Back and forth until Seth Rollins comes in. Kane works him over in the corner. Kane is upset and grabs the referee by the throat. Cena tags in and calms Kane down. Cena goes at it with Ambrose, who just tagged in. Cena’s bad leg buckles and he tags in Daniel Bryan. Bryan unloads on Ambrose with kicks in the corner. Bryan with more offense on Ambrose.
Kane comes back in and keeps control of Ambrose, getting a 2 count. Bryan comes back in with more kicks on Ambrose. Bryan with a surfboard submission now. Kane tags back in for some double teaming and a 2 count. Kane goes to the top but Ambrose moves. Rollins tags in for some double teaming on Kane. Rollins with a 2 count. Rollins works over Kane as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose is in control of Bryan. Bryan fights out but Ambrose knocks him down for a 2 count. Rollins tags in and hits a big kick to the face for a 2 count. Rollins taunts Cena and works Bryan over. Rollins with a submission on Bryan now. Bryan tries to hit all of The Shield but Rollins drops him with another kick for a 2 count. Roman Reigns comes in and keeps control of Bryan now. Bryan fights out but Reigns nails a big Samoan drop for a 2 count. Bryan sends Reigns out to the floor. Bryan tags in Kane as Ambrose comes in. Cena looks upset he wasn’t tagged in. Kane unloads on Ambrose with clotheslines in the corner and a big sideslam. Rollins gets shoved out of the ring by Kane. Kane goes to the top and comes down on Ambrose with a big right hand. Kane tosses Ambrose out of the ring and follows. Kane takes apart the announce table and grabs Ambrose. Kane lets go to fight off Rollins. Ambrose comes back and DDT’s Kane on the floor.
They make it back in the ring. Kane finally nails a chokeslam. Cena finally gets a tag and unloads on Reigns. Cena hits his usual moves and then the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Rollins nails a crossbody on Cena but he rolls through. Cena’s leg goes out as he attempts an Attitude Adjustment and Reigns spears him for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– After the match, Ryback appears on the stage as Cena sells the injury in the ring. The Shield has already left through the crowd. A trainer checks on Cena’s injury as RAW goes off the air.