WWE Raw Results – May 2, 2011
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens with a video of stills showing the Towers being attacked on 9/11 and George Bush speaking to the country that day. We see clips from the September 13th, 2011 SmackDown tapings and the tribute WWE did to America. We go to the ring and Lilian Garcia makes her return to sing the National Anthem.
– We go to the RAW opening video and back to the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida as the pyro goes off and we’re welcomed to RAW by Josh Matthews, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. We get hype for The Rock’s birthday and the WWE Title Match with John Cena and The Miz tonight.
– The Rock’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop from the crowd. Rock stops on the stage for a few minutes to take in the crowd’s reaction before heading down to the ring. Rock finally gets a chance to speak and says finally, he has come back home. The crowd starts chanting his name.
Before he gets started, Rock has one thing to say: “We got him.” The crowd pops for the US finally getting Osama bin Laden and starts chanting USA. The Rock thanks the men and women who fight for our country every day and night. Rock says he is proud of his family who are in the military, proud of Seal Team Six and proud to be an American. Rock gets the fans to join in and say the Pledge of Allegiance with him. The crowd chants USA again. The Rock starts talking about how good it is to be back home and jokes about how the nurses called him Johnson when he was born. Rock talks about being in high school and shows a photo of himself on the big screen. “Rocky” chants break out from the crowd after a pie joke.
Rock talks about going to college next and winning a national football championship and bringing it back to Miami. Rock then talks about going on to WWE and says he’s ready to party all over South Beach, if ya smell… the e-mail alert goes off and interrupts Rock. Michael Cole has an announcement from the General Manager. Rock interrupts Cole as he goes to speak. Rock challenges Cole to come into the ring and read the message in his face. Cole declines and continues reading but Rock interrupts him again. Rock implies that Cole is scared and brings up his two wins. Rock insults Cole some more and challenges him to come read the message in the ring. Cole says he isn’t scared of anything. Cole says he isn’t the same person Rock used to know him as. Cole says he is a winner now and takes off his coat, still in the cubicle.
Cole then reveals he has a Boston Celtics jersey on which pisses the crowd off. Cole says he will go into the ring and read the message in Rock’s face and leaves the cube. Cole enters the ring and says the RAW GM demands an apology because The Rock embarrassed the GM at WrestleMania. If Rock doesn’t apologize, the GM is going to shut down his party tonight. Cole says he wants an apology also, for everything Rock has done to him over the years. Rock says Cole is right and Rock has just one thing to say to Cole. Rock extends his hand to Cole and says he’s sorry. Cole thinks about it for a minute. Rock convinces Cole to shake his hand and Cole thanks Rock for apologizing. Rock pulls Cole in, says “go Heat bitch” and lays him out with a Rock Bottom and then hits the People’s Elbow. Rock stops and introduces rapper Pitbull. Pitbull starts rapping and is joined by the Miami Heat dancers. Pitbull wishes Rock a happy birthday and we go back to the announcers.
– R-Truth vs. John Morrison is announced for tonight and we go to Heat players LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, who give a shout-out to The Rock for his birthday. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see clips of RAW last week where John Morrison attacked R-Truth and then Truth attacking Morrison at Extreme Rules. Jim Ross has joined us for commentary now.
R-Truth vs. John Morrison
We go to the ring and out comes John Morrison for the match. As he’s coming out, Truth attacks from behind. Truth beats Morrison down the ramp and to the ringside area. Truth drops Morrison on his neck and walks to the back. WWE officials come help Morrison to his feet and also to the back. As they get to the stage, Truth runs back out and hits the same move on Morrison. We go to commercial with officials checking on Morrison.
– Back from the commercial and we get a pre-taped video of Jimmy Kimmel wishing The Rock a happy birthday.
Maryse vs. Kelly Kelly
We go to the ring and out comes Maryse. Kelly Kelly is out next as JR announces Morrison is being looked at by doctors. Maryse slaps Kelly to start the match and they go at it. Kelly bulldogs Maryse and slams her head into the mat. Kharma’s music hits and the crowd pops. Kharma marches her way down to the ring as Kelly looks on in fear.
– Kharma stops at the ring and stares at the Divas before climbing in. Kharma smiles before looking around at Kelly and Maryse. She grabs Maryse and lays her out with the Implant Buster while Kelly looks on from the corner. Kharma’s music hits and she leaves the ring without touching Kelly. Kharma looks at Kelly and makes a face before walking off. We go to replays and come back to Kharma smiling and looking crazy.
– We go backstage to former WWE Champion The Miz. Alex Riley walks in and says it’s a madhouse because of The Rock’s party. Miz asks Riley what his excuse was for not being there to help him last night. Miz says the draft doesn’t matter because Riley is still signed to a personal services contract with him. Miz says Riley needs to start doing what he says and that begins tonight. Miz says people won’t be talking about The Rock tonight, only him – the new WWE Champion.
– JR hypes the match and the fact that Alex Riley will be at ringside. We go to a pre-tape video of Fast Five co-star Paul Walker, wishing The Rock a happy birthday. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a video of actor Samuel L. Jackson wishing The Rock a happy birthday.
– We go backstage to The Rock talking with some of the WWE Divas at his birthday party. We see other stars there. Rock thanks Teddy Long. Vladimir Kozlov walks up and tells Rock he wrote a movie script for his birthday. Santino Marella appears as Rock’s character in Fast Five. Hornswoggle comes running in as The Scorpion King. The Great Khali comes in next, dressed as The Tooth Fairy. They go on and Ron Simmons appears, throwing everyone a big “DAMN!”
– We see The Miz and John Cena heading to the ring as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and actor Steve Carell wishes The Rock a happy birthday.
WWE Title Match: The Miz vs. John Cena
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out first comes The Miz, getting his rematch. Out next comes the new WWE Champion John Cena to a decent reaction from the crowd. Alex Riley confers with The Miz as Cena makes his entrance and we get formal ring introductions.
The bell rings and they lock up. Miz applies a headlock and then they run the ropes. Cena with a hip toss and a dropkick for a 2 count. Cena with a bulldog and another 2 count. Miz kicks Cena in the head and starts to come back until Cena fights him off. Cena knocks Riley off the apron but turns around to The Miz taking control of the match. Miz throws Cena to the floor and Riley clotheslines him while the referee isn’t looking. Miz throws Cena into the steel steps and brings him back in for a 2 count. Miz charges in the corner and then comes off the top with a big shot for another 2 count. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz hits a neckbreaker for a 2 count on Cena. Miz fires away on Cena in the corner now and stomps him down to the mat. Miz charges in the corner again but Cena moves. Cena with 2 shoulder blocks on Miz and the big back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Miz slides out and kicks Cena in the head. Cena ducks another kick and locks the STF on but Miz makes it to the ropes. Miz comes back and hits a low DDT for a 2 count.
Miz goes for the Skull Crushing Finale but Cena slides out. The referee gets hit and falls out of the ring. Cena puts the STF on Miz but there is no referee. Riley runs in and gets taken out by Cena but the briefcase comes in to play. Miz uses it and kicks it out of the ring. Miz hits his finisher and the referee comes back in to count to 2. More back and forth. Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment but Miz kicks out at 2. Riley distracts the referee while Miz hits Cena with the WWE Title. Miz covers Cena for the pin, the win and the WWE Title.
Winner and New WWE Champion: The Miz
– After the match, the referee sees the WWE Title in the ring and disqualifies Miz, changing the decision of the match.
Winner by DQ and Still WWE Champion: John Cena
– Miz starts arguing with Riley and shoves him. Cena gets up and takes them both out, hitting an Attitude Adjustment. Cena poses with the WWE Title for the fans to end it.
– We go to a video of Ellen DeGeneres wishing The Rock a happy birthday. Back to commercial.
We are back and Tyler Perry, not dressed like Madea, wishes Rock a happy birthday.
It is time to see John Cena let the people of Tampa know about Osama bin Laden.
Alberto Del Rio is introduced so he can do commentary.
Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston vs Drew McIntyre and Jack Swagger
Swagger and Rey start and Swagger with a waist lock take down into a front face lock. Swagger punches Rey in the corner followed by an Irish whip but Rey with a kick. Rey with a head scissors that sends Swagger into the corner. Rey with a bronco buster and then he picks up Swagger so Kofi can mount him in the corner and he punches away. Kofi with an English uppercut followed by a forearm.
Kofi with a boot to Swagger but Drew with a clothesline from the apron as we go to commercial.
We are back and Swagger and Kofi are in the ring and Kofi tries to make the tag but Swagger stops him. Drew tags in and he punches Kofi. Drew with forearms to the back and he stomps on Kofi’s chest. Kofi gets a near fall with a rollup but Drew stops Kofi from making the tag and Drew gets a near fall with a jackknife cover. Swagger tags back in and Kofi tries to fight out of the corner.
Swagger with forearms to the back and then he puts Kofi in a front face lock. Kofi tries to get to his corner but Drew distracts the referee and Swagger knocks Rey down. Drew tags back in and he walks across Kofi’s chest. Kofi with a kick to the head but Drew with a forearm to the back.
Kofi with elbows to Drew and Drew tries for a belly-to-back suplex but Kofi lands on his feet and he tags in Rey. Rey with a head scissors followed by a round kick and he gets a near fall and Swagger breaks up the cover. Swagger picks up Rey and Rey kicks Drew into the ropes. Kofi sends Swagger to the floor. Kofi with Trouble in Paradise to Drew and Drew goes into the ropes. Del Rio gets up from the announce table but Rey hits the dive from the top turnbuckle for the three count.
Winners: Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston
After the match, Del Rio goes into the ring, but Rey stops him.
We go to footage from an anti-bullying event in Washington DC that Triple H appeared at.
The next person not bullied into wishing the Rock a happy birthday is Ludacris.
We are back and Did You Know that the Smackdown after the 9/11 attacks were the first major public gathering.
Dan Marino is the next to wish Rock a happy birthday.
Christian is in the party room with the Rock and Rock tells him that he is proud of him. Evan Bourne gets to talk to Rock before Vickie excuse mes herself into the room. Vickie says that even though no one wished her a happy birthday, her and Dolph got her a present. They pull apart the cake to reveal Mae Young.
Rock tells Vickie that she can lose all the weight she wants and Vickie will never look as good or as beautiful as Mae Young. Rock thanks Mae for showing up for his birthday. Rock kisses Mae and then he tells Dolph that he gets more pie in one night than Dolph does in an entire lifetime.
John Cena appears and he tells Rock that he brought a gift that only he can give him. He holds up the WWE Championship. Cena says that he will keep it until Wrestlemania 28. This makes the biggest match in Wrestlemania history even bigger. If Rock wants it, he will have to go through him. Rock tells Cena to just bring it.
Cena wishes Rock a happy birthday and leaves.
Kane is walking in the back as we go to commercial.
We go to commercial.
We are back with another birthday wish. This time it is from George Lopez.
Kane vs Mason Ryan with CM Punk
They lock up and Ryan sends Kane to the mat. They lock up again and Kane is sent to the floor. Kane returns to the ring and Kane with a side head lock and Ryan stays on his feet after Kane tries for a shoulder tackle. Ryan with a clothesline and a slam. Ryan punches Kane followed by a hard Irish whip. Ryan with an Irish whip but Kane with a boot and uppercut. Kane with an Irish whip and then he hits a splash in the corner.
Punk interferes and the referee calls for the bell.
Winner: Kane by by disqualification
After the match, David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty join the fray. Kane tries for a choke slam but Ryan powers out of the hold and then he hits an uranage.
Show makes his way to the ring and he goes after McGillicutty, Otunga, and Punk. Ryan with a spear to Show. Mason Ryan walks off and Punk wonders what is going on.
Punk, Otunga, and McGillicutty are at ringside and they look at Ryan on the stage.
Who cares about that because it’s Rock’s birthday. The next birthday wishes come from Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa.
We go to commercial.
We are back and Craig Ferguson wishes Rock a happy birthday.
It is time for the main event and it is going to be the Rock doing that birthday thing.
The people in the crowd put on their party hats (but they won’t put their bags over their heads when Cody Rhodes shows up). Rock wants to know if everyone has had fun tonight. Rock thanks everyone for coming out to support him and for making it one of the best nights in his life.
Rock thanks his family, who are in the crowd as well as his family watching at home. Rock wants to thank the WWE too.
Rock says that as a proud Hurricane and a proud son of Miami, next year’s Wrestlemania will be the biggest Wrestlemania of all time.
There is NO CHANCE that Vince McMahon wouldn’t miss a birthday party.
Vince wishes Rock a happy birthday and thanks him for allowing him to let us share his birthday with him. Vince thanks Rock for pulling him aside to ask to bring the WWE to heights that no one has ever done. Vince says that Rock has taken them to levels no one else ever did before.
Vince thanks Rock for his respect, his passion, his humanity, and giving the crowd the opportunity to say ‘what’ (and they what). He thanks Rock for his love of life and devotion. He thanks the Rock for being The Rock. On behalf of the WWE, they have put together a birthday present. Vince tells Rock of all of the thank yous, he thanks Rock for coming home.
We see a video package showing the Rock through the years.
It is time for someone to sing Happy Birthday to the Rock and it is going to be performed by Mya.
Rock thanks everyone and then it is time to smell as we go to credits.