WWE Raw Supershow Results – November 14, 2011
- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow kicks off with the normal intro video. The pyro goes off inside the TD Garden as Jerry Lawler welcomes us to Boston, Massachusetts.
- Michael Cole is introduced and out he comes to boo’s. Cole says Jim Ross has finally shown some guts and he’s in Boston tonight to take The Michael Cole Challenge. Cole introduces us to the closest thing WWE has to a cartoon float – JR. Out comes Ross to a nice pop from the crowd.
Cole has three challenges and if Ross wins all three, he gets his job back on RAW and Cole will quit. Cole reveals an arm wrestling stand and calls out a referee so “this fat tub of goo” doesn’t cheat. Cole takes off his jacket and rolls up his sleeve as the crowd chants for JR. They go to arm wrestle and Cole stalls. Ross wins the challenge immediately. Cole says he lost because of JR’s BBQ breath.
They show several replays of Cole losing the arm wrestling contest. The next challenge will see fans voting on the winner of the next challenge and it’s a dance competition. Cole has some music played and dances around with a scarf. Ross asks the crowd to join him and has some old school hip-hop played. Ross gets down and the crowd loves it. Cole asks the fans who won the competition and Ross wins hands down.
The next competition is “Who weighs less?” and Cole reveals a scale. Cole hops on the scales and forgets to turn them on. He turns it on and weighs in at 200 pounds. Ross weighs in at 239 pounds. Cole announces Ross as the loser. CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes with a microphone.
Punk makes his way to the ring and Cole asks him how can he interrupt this. Punk tells Cole that his time is up. Punk says once it became painfully obvious that Cole wasn’t going to give JR a legit shot at getting his job back, this entire thing became a huge waste of time. Except JR dancing, Punk says. Punk puts JR over and says he is a better announcer than Cole. Punk says this is all a waste of everyone’s time. He says Cole’s 15 minutes of fame is over, he had his WrestleMania match and now he wants him to leave. Punk says RAW is becoming unbearable. Punk says when he becomes WWE Champion, he will do whatever it takes to make RAW as good as it can be. He’s starting now by taking care of Cole… John Laurinaitis interrupts and says he’s disappointed.
Laurinaitis puts over his Twitter account and says his followers want to see the challenge. Punk says to screw Laurinaitis and his followers. Laurinaitis says he cares about his Twitter followers. Laurinaitis announces Punk and Big Show vs. Mark Henry and Alberto Del Rio for tonight and wishes Punk good luck. Cole starts laughing at Punk and says it looks like the pipebomb blew up in his face. Cole demands that Punk says he’s sorry for everything he just said. Punk looks at the camera and smiles as Cole goes on wanting an apology. Punk lays Cole out with a headbutt and locks him in the Anaconda Vice. Punk yells he’s sorry as Cole screams in pain. Punk makes his exit.
- We go backstage to Matt Striker and a black limousine pulling up. Striker teases that it’s The Rock but instead, Mick Foley hops out and the crowd pops. Foley says he wouldn’t miss The Rock’s return for anything. Foley says tonight will be a night that John Cena or The Rock won’t forget. Foley says it’s great to be back in Boston and makes his way through the backstage area. Back to commercial.
Sin Cara and Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes and Hunico
We go to the ring and out comes Sin Cara. Jim Ross has joined Lawler on commentary now. Out next comes Cara’s opponent, one-half of the Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston. Out next comes the WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes and Hunico. Cody is no longer wearing his mask after Randy Orton broke it on SmackDown. They show a sidebar video of Cody and he seems happy about losing the mask. Cody’s partner Hunico is out next.
Hunico and Cara start things out. Cara takes him down with kicks. They run the ropes and Cara ends up hitting a headscissors takedown. Cara with an arm drag off the ropes and a tag to Kofi. Kofi comes off the top on Hunico with a forearm shot. Hunico runs into an elbow. Kofi catapults him across the ring and takes out Cody, who runs in. Kofi leaps off the top to the floor, taking out Cody, as Cara leaps to the floor and takes out Hunico. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cody and Hunico are in control of Sin Cara. Kofi finally gets the tag but the finish comes when Cody hits Cross Rhodes on Kofi for the pin.
Winners: Hunico and Cody Rhodes
- We see The Rock walking through the backstage area as we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Santino Marella is backstage playing The Rock vs. John Cena on WWE ’12. Zack Ryder walks in and asks Santino to go online and sign his petition to get a United States Title shot. They argue about who would win between Rock and Cena but agree that they will beat The Miz and Awesome Truth at Survivor Series.
- We go to the arena and out comes Vickie Guerrero to heat from the crowd. She talks about Christian was injured on the European tour and that he won’t be on Team Barrett at Survivor Series. Vickie goes on but United States Champion Dolph Ziggler interrupts and announces that he will be on Team Barrett. Ziggler wonders why it’s called Team Barrett when he’s the one with the title. Dolph talks about having to face Mason Ryan tonight and says he will get a taste of what Team Orton is going to get on Sunday. Dolph heads to the ring with Vickie as we go to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Mason Ryan
Back from the break and John Laurinaitis is at ringside with Michael Cole. Laurinaitis orders Jim Ross to leave the announcer’s table. Ross leaves as Cole threatens to sue him. Cole takes the headset and Ross has been fired again. Cole says he spoke with David Otunga and will be suing CM Punk also. Mason Ryan makes his way out and they lock up. Dolph tries to escape the ring but Ryan pulls him back in and hits a huge clothesline. Ryan with a spear in the corner and a big boot.
Mason continues to own Ziggler until Vickie gets on the apron and slaps him for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Mason Ryan
- After the match, Ziggler tries to leave but John Morrison runs down the ramp and throws him in the ring. Ryan locks Ziggler in his Full Nelson finisher and leaves Dolph laying.
- Mick Foley is backstage walking and runs into Zack Ryder. Ryder wants him to sign the US Title petition. Foley agrees to sign the petition after Ryder teaches him how to fist pump. Foley makes his way to the ring as we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Mick Foley is introduced. Foley makes his return to RAW and gets a big pop from the crowd in Boston. Foley says there’s no place like home. Foley says he’s here to talk about serious business and brings up The Rock and John Cena teaming at Survivor Series – The Rock ‘n’ Cena Connection, he calls it. Foley goes on and brings out John Cena to a mixed reaction.
Cena comes out and talks about not picking The Rock as his partner because they are friends. Cena and Foley talk about how they respect each other. Foley recalls writing a letter to Cena in 2006 about how well he carried himself backstage. For that, Foley calls Cena a helluva man. Foley plugs his Twitter and talks about how he tweeted on Cena having great matches one night. Foley says it was like a firestorm of controversy from the fans. Foley shows off his shirt, which is half Team Bring It and half Rise Above Hate. Foley says he wants to be the thread that brings Rock and Cena together tonight. Foley shows us a “This Is Your Life” video about Cena on the big screen and it’s great stuff.
Foley brings out Cena’s little league coach to the ring. The guy jogs out to the ring and hugs Cena. Cena doesn’t look like he’s buying it. The coach tells a story about how the team needed Cena but he struck out and then cried his eyes out. Cena tells Foley that he’s striking out with this whole thing. Foley has someone else from Cena’s past. It’s former Superstar Bull Buchanan, who rapped with Cena back in 2003. Bull says Cena was the best tag team partner he ever had and calls teaming with Cena the greatest time in his life. Bull says now Cena is possibly the greatest Superstar of all-time. Him? He got fired, divorced and lost all his money in a Ponzi scheme. And his dog gave him rabies. Bull tells Cena that he ruined his life and walks out of the ring.
Foley brings Cena’s dad, John Cena Sr. out next. Cena Sr. has a message for the testosterone jacked fans out there yelling “Cena sucks.” Cena Sr. says Cena doesn’t suck, they suck. Cena’s dad goes on and calls the fans losers. Cena cuts his dad off and says he loves him but this is awful and not the right time. Cena sends his dad backstage and says he will see him soon. Cena says that wasn’t his life. This is his life – the ring, being in front of the people, being here whether they want to cheer him or boo him – his 2 feet in the ring is all he has. That’s what he’s going to show on Sunday, Cena says. Cena says this segment is one of wrestling’s greatest tragedies and he’s ending it. Foley says he’s going to salvage it. Foley says he’s disappointed the fans are showing Cena disrespect tonight. Foley has someone else he’s going to bring out but The Rock’s music interrupts. Rock comes marching to the ring to a huge pop from the crowd.
The Rock marches right into the ring, hits Foley with a Rock Bottom and quickly marches back up to the ramp. Cena is shocked but he’s smiling and laughing as he tends to Foley. Cole plugs Barrett vs. Orton and tonight’s tag team main event as we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Jack Swagger
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus to the ring. His opponent Jack Swagger is out next with Vickie Guerrero. They lock up and Sheamus takes Swagger down first with a headlock. Sheamus with a shoulder block now. Swagger goes behind and slams Sheamus on the mat. Sheamus fights out with elbows and kicks Swagger in the face before clotheslining him. Sheamus drops a series of knees on Swagger as Vickie screams. Sheamus clotheslines Swagger out to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. 2 count for Sheamus. Swagger ducks a clothesline and takes out Sheamus’ leg. Swagger collides with Sheamus again for a 1 count. Swagger catches Sheamus with a belly-to-belly for a 2 count. Sheamus finally makes a comeback and beats Swagger down in the corner. Sheamus with a clothesline in the corner and a knee to the face. Sheamus nails a big powerslam for a 2 count.
Sheamus goes for the Celtic Cross but Swagger slides out and lays him out. Swagger hits the splash from the second rope and applies the ankle lock in the middle of the ring. Sheamus breaks the hold and kicks Swagger out of the ring. Swagger comes back in but Sheamus hits the Irish Curse backbreaker. Sheamus connects with the Brogue Kick for the win.
- Zack Ryder is asking The Bella Twins to sign his petition when WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio walks up with Ricardo Rodriguez. He would love to stay and talk with the Bellas but he has an important meeting with Laurinaitis. The Bellas say maybe they can hang out with Del Rio after Survivor Series. Ryder tells them to come to Long Island and fist pump with him all night long. Del Rio leaves and the Bellas roll their eyes at Ryder before leaving. Back to commercial.
Natalya vs. Kelly Kelly
Back from the break and Natalya is in the ring with WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix. Kelly Kelly has Eve Torres and Alicia Fox with her. We cut to a video of behind-the-scenes footage from Kelly’s Maxim shoot.
The match starts and Natalya takes control first. Kelly turns around and does stinkface in the corner. Natalya comes back and goes for the Sharpshooter but Kelly rolls her up for the win.
Winner: Kelly Kelly
- More hype for The Rock tonight as we go back to commercial.
- John Laurinaitis is backstage on the phone with Brodus Clay. Laurinaitis wants Clay’s debut to be big and feels he will be overshadowed on The Rock’s show. Laurinaitis says Clay will debut next week. Alberto Del Rio walks in and they talk about the match with CM Punk at Survivor Series. Del Rio says Punk might not make it to Survivor Series. Del Rio says the industry is better with him as champion and he will be champion for a long time. Del Rio grabs Laurinaitis’ tie and says he will be champion longer than Laurinaitis will be General Manager.
- Cole and Lawler run down the card for the Survivor Series pay-per-view.
- Matt Striker is backstage with The Miz and R-Truth. He asks them if they feel overshadowed and they don’t say anything. He asks if they feel disrespected after last week and still, nothing. Striker asks what can Awesome Truth do to get the attention of John Cena and The Rock. They just look at each other and walk off to the ring.
- We see CM Punk walking backstage when he’s attacked by Alberto Del Rio before we go to commercial.
CM Punk and Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio and Mark Henry
Back from the break and Ricardo Rodriguez begins to introduce WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio, who comes driving in the arena. Out next comes the World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry. Big Show is out first for his team followed by CM Punk. Punk is clutching his shoulder from the attack. Punk enters the ring and chases Del Rio out and around the ring. Show and Del Rio start things out. Show knocks Del Rio down and scoop slams him. Show with big chops in the corner.
Punk comes in and unloads on Del Rio, beating him down in the corner. Punk stomps away as the referee tries to pull him away. Punk continues the onslaught and suplexes Del Rio for a 2 count. Show comes back in as does Henry. They meet in the middle and lock up. They break and lock up again. Henry shoves Show back. They lock up again and this time Show shoves Henry to the mat. Show with headbutts now. Show scoops Henry but he falls on top of him for a 2 count. Henry works on Show’s knee now and tags back in Del Rio. Del Rio kicks away at Show’s head and covers for a 1 count.
Henry comes back in and keeps Show grounded. Show delivers a bunch of body blows from his knees. Show gets to his feet and fires away with headbutts. Show drops Henry with a shoulder. Del Rio and Henry argue as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio tags in Henry while Punk reaches for a tag to Show. Henry beats Punk down some more and stands on him. Del Rio comes back in and works Punk over for another 2 count. Del Rio with a big backbreaker for a 2 count. Another tag to Henry. Punk starts to fight back but Henry drops him with a headbutt. Del Rio comes back in and kicks Punk before going to the arm. Punk fights back and drops Del Rio. Henry comes in but Punk kicks him in the head. Punk springboards in but Henry catches him in mid-air and slams him. Show comes in and they go at it, going to the floor. Del Rio takes advantage and covers Punk for the win.
Winners: Alberto Del Rio and Mark Henry
- After the match, Del Rio attacks Punk and applies the cross armbreaker. Big Show runs back in and Del Rio flees the ring.
- We get a replay from earlier of The Rock and Mick Foley before going back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Santino Marella. Santino talks about how he almost won the Royal Rumble but blames it on Kevin Nash. Nash’s music hits and out he comes to the ring.
Nash comes out and has Santino does his trombone. Santino turns around and Nash drops him with a big boot. Nash cuts a promo and says he’s here, Triple H isn’t. Nash picks Santino up for a Jackknife powerbomb and leaves the ring.
- We see Randy Orton backstage getting ready for his match as we go to commercial.
Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton
Wade Barrett comes out with Hunico, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes and Jack Swagger. Barrett cuts a promo before Randy Orton comes out with Sin Cara, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston and Mason Ryan.
Back from a commercial and Barrett and Orton go at it while their teammates surround the ring. Orton clotheslines Barrett and hits a big suplex. Orton drops a knee and covers Barrett or 2. Barrett catches Orton with a big sideslam off the ropes for a 2 count of his own. Barrett mounts Orton with right hands now. Barrett whips Orton hard in the corner and stomps away.
Orton finally makes a comeback and hits the clothesline and scoop slam. Orton hits the draping DDT and waits for the RKO. Cody Rhodes attacks Orton from behind which brings the rest of the Superstars in the ring. It comes down to Team Orton and Hunico, who receives an RKO. Ryan throws Hunico over the top and down to the floor, crashing into his partners.
- We get another replay from earlier of The Rock laying out Mick Foley. Up next, The Rock will come back out. We go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes The Rock to another big pop from Boston. Rock marches to the ring once again and this time poses for the fans.
Rock’s music stops and the crowd chants his name. The Rock recalls how he started his day at 3am and through everything, he couldn’t wait. He couldn’t wait for the chance to say finally, The Rock has come back to Boston. Rock talks about Survivor Series but that’s 6 days away and not right now. Rock lives for right now, he says. Rock says he couldn’t stand it any longer when Foley was out here serving hot garbage to the fans. Fans chant “thank you Rock.”
Rock talks about how influential he is on Twitter and how he can get “Boots To Asses” to trend worldwide right now. The crowd chants his name again and then chants “Boots To Asses.” Rock says they just made Twitter history from Boston. Rock says he isn’t waiting 6 days. Tonight, he is going to deliver an awesome ass-whooping to Awesome Truth and he’s going to do it right now. Out comes The Miz and R-Truth.
Really, Rock? Truth says if Rock thinks for one second he is doing anything to them, he’s the most delusional man in entertainment. Truth says everytime they’re on the show, RAW gets awesome. Miz doesn’t care about how Rock spends his day or what he gets to trend, they care about leaving him a mess. Truth says they can do it right now and goes to take his jacket off. Miz stops him and Rock stands his ground. Miz says that’s not going to happen right now. Miz says they don’t care what Rock wants or what the fans want. It’s about what they want. And what they want is to make history at Survivor Series. Miz says Rock Gets Beat on Sunday and that’s the truth. The crowd chants “Boots To Asses” again as Awesome Truth goes to leave the ring. John Cena’s music hits and out he comes.
Cena hits the ring and asks Miz if he’s wearing makeup. Cena apologizes for his partner and says the only thing Rock has brought for 7 years is crappy messages via satellite. Rock apologizes for Cena because he’s not used to having support from someone who’s hit puberty. Rock says Cena should be worried about his boot rising up to kick him in his lady party. By the way, Cena’s lady parts is trending worldwide, says Rock. Cena says if his partners ego gets in the way at Survivor Series, then Cena bitch slapped Rocky will be trending worldwide. Miz says he’s so sick of this and mocks them both.
Miz says it will never be forgotten once they get done with Rock and Cena at Survivor Series. Truth says little Johnny and little Rocky can go back and forth in front of all the little Jimmies, but they will see them on Sunday. A “Boots To Asses” chant breaks out again. Rock stops them and decks Truth as Cena tackles Miz. Rock hits a Rock Bottom on Truth as Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment on Miz. Rock pulls Miz off of Cena and lays him out with a Rock Bottom. Rock exits the ring as Cena looks on pissed. Rock stops at the stage and flashes Cena’s “you can’t see me” gesture. Cena looks on from the ring as Rock mouths away and RAW goes off the air.
- Regarding Triple H's sarcastic promo on Monday's RAW about venting on social media and threatening...
- WWE developmental Diva Dasha Kuret, who was signed by WWE back in late 2013, revealed on Twitter t...
- Triple H tweeted the following to Jim Ross, who is now officially done with WWE: .@JRsBBQ Thank...
We noted before that WWE automatically extended Rey Mysterio's contract for another year because of ...
WWE recently brought well-known acting coach Howard Fine in to work with the NXT talents in Orlando....