WWE Raw Results – November 21, 2011
- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow opens up with the usual video before the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW from Hershey, PA. Booker T is on commentary tonight with Cole and Jerry Lawler.
- Justin Roberts introduces the new WWE Champion CM Punk and out he comes to a big pop. Punk talks about wanting to be a professional wrestler since he was a kid. He points out he didn’t say sports entertainer, he said professional wrestler. Punk says it was a huge deal for him to walk out of MSG as WWE Champion. Punk says he did it on his own terms.
Punk says the game of hot potato is over – the title is where it belongs. It sits on the shoulder of the best in the world and it’s going to stay there. Punk takes a seat in the ring. Punk wants to change Interim GM John Laurinaitis to Former GM Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis comes out and interrupts to boos from the crowd. Laurinaitis says they both want the same thing – what’s best for the WWE Universe. They go back and forth on each other. Laurinaitis gives Alberto Del Rio his WWE Title rematch for next week’s RAW. Punk proposes that they have the match right now. Laurinaitis has other plans for Punk tonight – a match against United States Champion Dolph Ziggler. Punk says that’s not creative, that’s just stupid. Punk says Laurinaitis doesn’t listen to the fans. They don’t want to see Ziggler vs. Punk. The crowd starts chanting for Zack Ryder. Laurinaitis announces Ryder vs. Del Rio for tonight. Laurinaitis says Ryder can’t beat Ziggler and neither can Punk. Punk leaves the ring and walks up the ramp to Laurinaitis. He says he will beat Ziggler tonight, Del Rio next week and then someday, someone will beat some sense into Laurinaitis.
- We see footage of The Rock talking about Ryder after the Survivor Series last night.
Zack Ryder vs. Alberto Del Rio
Zack Ryder makes his way to the ring for tonight’s first match as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Alberto Del Rio comes driving a 2009 Bentley in as Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction in the ring. Before he can finish, Ryder snatches the mic and throws a “woo, woo, woo.” Del Rio comes to the ring and we’re ready for the bell.
They go at it and Del Rio takes control early on with an armbreaker and a pin attempt. Del Rio focuses on Ryder’s arm. Ryder fights out of a hold but Del Rio beats him back to the mat and works on the arm. Ryder finally makes a comeback with clothesline and drops Del Rio on his face. Ryder hits the running boot in the corner. Del Rio takes it back and locks on the armbar out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- We see Sheamus walking backstage before going back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Jack Swagger
Back from commercial and out comes Sheamus followed by his opponent Jack Swagger, with Vickie Guerrero.
They lock up and Swagger slams Sheamus and wails away with forearm shots. Sheamus throws Swagger in the corner and beats him down with forearms. Sheamus knocks Swagger out of the ring with knee drops. Swagger comes back in and takes control. Swagger slams Sheamus but misses a big leg drop as Sheamus moves. Sheamus slams Swagger and hits a knee to the face for a 2 count. Swagger turns things around and works on Sheamus’ shoulder.
Sheamus fights out of another hold and takes Swagger with with clotheslines. Sheamus beats Swagger down with more forearms and clotheslines him in the corner. Sheamus slams Swagger for another 2 count. They go back and forth. Swagger applies the ankle lock. Sheamus counters and shoves Swagger off. Swagger runs into a Brogue Kick for the pin.
- The announcers hype Ziggler vs. Punk for tonight before we see Kevin Nash walking around backstage. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Kevin Nash to the stage. Nash talks about The Kliq and even name drops Scott Hall. Nash goes on about Triple H and says he is gone because he broke his neck. Nash says he is the sole survivor of that group and walks off.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes is in the ring. He talks about shame and brings up Randy Orton. Cody says the restraints have been removed. He’s like a rabid dog without his muzzle. He’s unmasked, uninhabited and unbeatable. Cody says he’s completely unrepentant and starts laughing until Santino Marella comes out.
Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes
They lock up and go to the ropes. Santino goes for Cody’s leg and gets dropped with right hands. Cody starts stomping away on Santino. Cody goes for a leg sweep but Cody blocks it. Cody blocks the Cobra and hits Cross Rhodes for the quick win.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
- After the match, Cody goes to the announcer’s table and argues with Booker T. Cody throws water in his face and walks off as Booker stands his ground.
- Josh Matthews is backstage with Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler. They talk about Dolph competing in two matches at Survivor Series. Vickie says since Dolph was on Team Barrett, technically he won that one too. Ziggler says he is the new face of WWE, not CM Punk. We go to commercial.
CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and out comes United States Champion Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero. The new WWE Champion CM Punk is out next and the crowd starts chanting his name before the bell. They lock up and Punk goes behind. They trade holds and Punk takes Ziggler to the mat with a headlock.
They go back and forth running the ropes and Ziggler escapes to the floor to regroup. Ziggler comes back in and Punk attacks with kicks. Takedown and 2 count for Punk. Ziggler hits a neckbreaker and a 1 count. Ziggler starts stomping and takes control of the match. Punk fights back but Ziggler drops him with a knee to the gut for another 2 count. Punk tries to make another comeback but Ziggler keeps control for another pin attempt. Ziggler applies a crossface as Vickie cheers him on. Vickie tries to throw distraction but Punk doesn’t fall for it. Punk goes for the high knee in the corner but Ziggler moves and Punk lands hard on the floor. Ziggler hand stands up to his feet and shows off for the crowd as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler has Punk in a headlock. Punk fihts out with rights and they trade shots in the middle of the ring. Punk takes over with kicks and connects with a leg lariat. Punk makes a comeback and nails a neckbreaker for a close 2 count. Punk goes for the GTS but Ziggler turns it into a sleeper hold. They trade pin attempts and go back and forth. Ziggler pins Punk with his feet on the ropes and the referee sees it. Ziggler argues with the ref as Punk rolls him up from behind for a 2 count. Ziggler charges and Punk misses a kick. Ziggler goes for the sleeper again but Punk shakes him off. Punk hits the high knee and then the bulldog for another 2 count. Punk’s mouth is busted open as he goes up top for the big elbow drop. Ziggler rolls out of the way. Punk comes to the mat and Ziggler hits a huge dropkick to the face for a 2 count. Punk turns it around again and goes back to the top. Punk nails the elbow drop but Ziggler kicks out at 2. Punk goes for GTS but Ziggler slides out and drops Punk on his head for another pin attempt. Ziggler goes for the leg drop but Punk turns it into a powerbomb. Punk nails GTS for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- Still to come, John Cena will speak. Back to commercial.
- We get a disturbing vignette for Kane’s return that shows his mask burning.
- Big Show comes out to the stage and talks about his match with MArk Henry at Survivor Series. Big Show says he proved giants could fly. Show says Henry took the easy way out and kicked him in the groin. Show is waiting for Henry.
- Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox are backstage when Beth Phoenix and Natalya walk up and talk trash to them.
- More hype for John Cena as we go back to commercial.
Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barrett
Back from the break and out comes Wade Barrett followed by one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston. Barrett takes control early yon and beats Kofi up in the corner. Barrett with a suplex for a 2 count. Kofi comes back with kicks and a pair of dropkicks. Barrett catches him for a sideslam but Kofi turns it into a 2 count. Barrett responds with a huge clothesline. Barrett goes for Wasteland but Randy Orton’s music hits and he walks out to the stage. Kofi breaks out of Wasteland and unloads on Barrett. Barrett rolls out to the floor as Orton walks down to ringside. Orton stares Barrett down as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett has Kofi in a chinlock as Orton watches from ringside. During the break, Barrett dropped Kofi on the apron to take control. Kofi fights back with kicks now but Barrett hits him with a huge sideslam for a 2 count. Barrett connects with a big boot to the face for another 2 count. Barrett continues the assault on Kofi as Orton stares on. Barrett stomps away on Kofi and mounts him with right hands. Another 2 count for Barrett. Kofi keeps trying to fight back but Barrett keeps him down. Barrett charges and Kofi pulls the ropes, sending Barrett to the floor. Kofi runs the ropes and dives out onto Barrett and the floor. Kofi brings it back in for a 2 count and goes back to the top. Barrett meets him with a right hand. Barrett goes for Wasteland off the top but Kofi knocks him to the mat. Kofi hits a crossbody from the top but Barrett kicks out at 2.
Kofi with a kick to the face and the Boom Drop. Kofi calls for a splash in the corner but Barrett moves. Kofi with a kick to the head. Barrett cuts Kofi off and slams him with Wasteland after staring at Orton. Barrett, still staring at Orton, covers Kofi for the win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- After the match, Barrett takes the mic and taunts Orton. Orton teases getting in the ring but doesn’t.
- We see John Cena walking backstage as we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes John Cena. He starts to speak and gets boo’d like crazy. Cena says it’s been an interesting 24 hours and history was made in Madison Square Garden. Cena plugs Zack Ryder’s Twitter and talks about CM Punk winning the WWE Title. He then talks about the match with The Rock against The Miz and R-Truth. Cena says The Rock’s ovation was like none he had heard before. Cena says for him, it was business as usual in regards to how the fans feel about him. Cena says he loves it. It’s emotion and honestly like that that makes the moments unique.
Cena then talks about getting hit with the Rock Bottom. Cena starts talking about WrestleMania 28 when he’s interrupted by The Miz and R-Truth. Miz says Cena’s ego won’t let him admit Rock got the best of him last night. Miz says Cena failed to mention that 17,000 people were chanting “don’t tag Cena.” The crowd starts chanting it. Miz says last night, no one wanted to see Cena. Truth talks about how Rock is going to put his boot to Cena’s ass all over Miami. Cena say she will knock the makeup off Miz’s face and shove the veneers down his throat if he tests him again. Cena rips into Truth next. Cena says nobody cares about Awesome Truth, at all. Cena says they tried to convince everyone they’re a threat. Cena says Miz thinks Truth is just riding his coattails and Truth thinks Miz is just as worse. Cena leaves the ring and tells Miz and Truth they should be booing themselves. Cena’s music hits as he heads up the ramp. Miz and Truth stop and stare at each other in the ring. They start to argue and the crowd chants Little Jimmy. Miz says everyone is here to see him. They drop the mics. Miz shoves Truth. Truth drops him with a big right hand and backs him into the corner. Miz tells Truth to calm down and pleads with him. Miz says Cena is playing them and blames it on Cena. They take off to find Cena. Miz grabs Truth at the top of the stage and drops him with a Skull Crushing Finale. Miz stares at Truth as he walks off to the back and we go to replays. RAW goes off the air with officials checking on Truth.
- Batista recently spoke with The Miami Herald and talked about why he's a perfect fit to play Drax ...
- TMZ ran an article this week with actor and former WWE creative writer Freddie Prinze Jr. bashing ...
Fallout videos from this week's WWE RAW feature Zeb Colter & Jack Swagger discussing their encounter...
Sources are reporting growing concern in the Ring Of Honor locker room regarding contact between cur...
- Triple H tweeted the following about Brie vs. Stephanie McMahon at SummerSlam: Be careful what ...