WWE Raw Results – October 11, 2010
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with John Cena coming out to the ring. Cena is using his normal theme music and wearing the usual purple and yellow but with a Nexus armband. Michael Cole tries to play that there’s a mixed reaction for Cena. Cena rushes the ring as the fans pop.
Cena gets on the mic and thanks the fans, telling them this is what he needed to hear. There was actually more boo’s than usual. Cena talks about how the fans chanted “never give up” last week. Cena promises the fans he will never give up. Cena says he took a chance at Hell in a Cell and lost. Cena says he lost the deal and apparently he now has to take orders from Wade Barrett. Cena says he will be fired from WWE if he doesn’t. Cena says he loves coming out every Monday night because the fans get so excited. Cena says now, it’s not about money or championships, it’s about what he loves. Cena says he doesn’t know what else he would be doing if he weren’t here.
Cena says he’s between a rock and a hard place, and the fans might see him do some things he doesn’t want to do. The Miz’s music hits and out he comes with Alex Riley. Miz mocks Cena, saying he doesn’t want to lose the support of the WWE Universe. Miz says he has taken it upon himself to be the Team RAW Captain at Bragging Rights. Miz offers Cena a spot on their team. Cena says this actually is a good idea but he doesn’t like Miz. Cena says why doesn’t he be the captain. He and Miz argue when Nexus’ music hits. Wade Barrett comes out.
Barrett says he’s going to make this easy for everyone. He doesn’t care about RAW or SmackDown. He only cares about Nexus and the WWE Title. Barrett tells Cena he needs his complete attention at Bragging Rights – being in his corner when he faces Randy Orton. Barrett tells Cena to forget about being on Team RAW. Cena says he can do both – be on the RAW team and be in Barrett’s corner. Barrett gets in Cena’s face. Riley speaks up and says Cena should be in Barrett’s corner because after the WWE Title match, The Miz just might cash in Money in the Bank and become the new WWE Champion. Miz takes Riley’s mic and says there goes the element of surprise. Miz says Riley is right. Maybe he leads Team RAW to victory and then become WWE Champion. An e-mail alert goes off in the arena.
Cole begins to speak and the crowd hates it. The General Manager says that while Cena answers to Barrett, everyone else must answer to the GM and he wants RAW to have the best possible team. The GM has arranged a series of matches for tonight. The winners will go on to form Team RAW. It’s announced the main event of RAW tonight will be The Miz vs. John Cena with the winner becoming Team RAW’s Captain. The Miz promises Cena to beat him tonight and be RAW’s Captain. Miz says maybe he will cash in at Bragging Rights and tells Barrett he can do nothing about it. Barrett decks Miz. Riley attacks Barrett and they beat him down while Cena watches. Cena finally comes over and fights Miz and Riley off Barrett. Cena sends Miz to the floor and lays Riley out with the Attitude Adjustment. Cena’s music hits and he has words with Barrett in the ring. Barrett is upset that it took Cena so long to make the save. Barrett chews Cena out as we go to commercial.
Bragging Rights Qualifier
Ted DiBiase vs. R-Truth
Back from commercial and Maryse is in the ring with Ted DiBiase. We go to replays from last week of Goldust revealing himself as the stalker and walking off with what he wanted, the Million Dollar belt. It’s announced the winner of this one will be on Team RAW at Bragging Rights. Out next is R-Truth with Eve Torres.
The bell rings and DiBiase strikes first. Truth fights back with punches and hits a big heel kick. 2 count for Truth. They both run the ropes and Ted hits a clothesline and starts dropping knees. Right hands now by Ted. 2 count by DiBiase. Truth fights back with right hands but Ted hits a backbreaker for another 2 count. Ted runs into Truth’s boot in the corner. Truth with two clotheslines and a big powerslam for another 2 count.
Truth hits a face-first suplex on DiBiase for another 2 count. Truth runs the ropes but Ted catches him in a spinebuster. Another 2 count. Ted calls for Dream Street when Goldust’s music hits. Goldust and Aksana appear on the ramp with the Million Dollar belt. Goldust taunts Ted. Truth takes advantage and rolls Ted up from behind but only gets a 2 count. Truth hits the Lie Detector for the pin, the win and the spot at Bragging Rights.
- After the match, Truth and Eve dance in the ring as Goldust still taunts from the ramp. They hype Cena vs. Miz later tonight and we go to commercial.
Bragging Rights Qualifier
John Morrison vs. Tyson Kidd
Back from the break and John Morrison comes out for the next Bragging Rights qualifying match. Out next is his opponent, tyson Kidd. Michael Cole says this was supposed to be a three-way with David Hart Smith but he was nowhere to be found. The bell rings and they go at it, ending up on the floor. Tyson kicks Morrison in the head and comes back in the ring. 2 count by Kidd. Kidd with a headlock now.
More back and forth. Morrison with a kick to the jaw and a 2 count. Morrison with an elbow. He goes for a springboard off the second rope but Kidd jumps on the rope and takes Morrison to the mat with a leg sweep from the rope. 2 count by Kidd. Kidd goes for the Sharpshooter and locks it. Morrison breaks the hold and kicks Kidd out of the ring. Kidd comes back in and jumps on Morrison’s back, rolling him up for 2. Morrison counters with a 2 count. Kidd with another roll-up attempt. Morrison flips and drops Kidd on his face with an impressive move for the pin and the win.
Winner: John Morrison
- We see Nexus backstage talking with Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty. David Otunga wants to know what Barrett promised them but they won’t say anything. Barrett walks in and says if people want to know what’s going on, ask him. Barrett tells Husky and McGillicutty to take a walk. Barrett asks Otunga if he’s jealous. Barrett tells Otunga, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel they just need to worry about him at Bragging Rights and Randy Orton. Otunga says he will face him but says Gabriel would be better since he has the 450. It will be Gabriel vs. Orton tonight with Otunga and Slater in his corner. Lawler plugs tonight’s main event and we go back to commercial.
Bragging Rights Qualifier
Santino Marella vs. Zack Ryder
Back from the break and Zack Ryder is already in the ring. Out comes his opponent, Santino Marella, with Vladimir Kozlov. The bell rings and they finally go at it. Santino jokes around and Ryder goes to work on him. Ryder drops a knee and works on Santino with the ropes. Ryder beats Santino down in the corner and hits a big running kick to the jaw. Ryder with a 2 count. Ryder with another 2 count. And another, Santino still kicks out. Ryder fires away with right hands. Ryder goes for a move on Santino’s shoulders but gets dropped on the mat. Santino hits the Cobra on Ryder for the win and the spot at Bragging Rights.
Winner: Santino Marella
- After the match, Tamina appears in the ring as Santino celebrates. Tamina jumps on top of Santino and looks at him. She gets up, they both make Cobras with their hands and touch. Tamina helps Santino up and bear hugs him. Santino falls to the mat, shocked by his new love. Tamina walks off, smiling while Santino rejoices in the ring.
- We see WWE Champion Randy Orton headed to the ring for his match with Justin Gabriel. Back to commercial.
Justin Gabriel vs. Randy Orton
Back from commercial and out comes Justin Gabriel with Heath Slater and David Otunga by his side. The WWE Champion Randy Orton is out next to a big pop from the crowd. Orton enters the ring and stares at Gabriel, who is out on the floor. The bell rings and Gabriel strikes with a kick. Gabriel tries another on Orton. Orton responds with a kick to the gut and a clothesline. Orton rolls to the floor to bring Gabriel back in and Nexus taunt him. Otunga charges but Orton blocks him and punches him. The referee orders Otunga and Slater to go to the back. Orton smiles at this as we go to commercial.
Back from commercial and Orton is in control. Orton slingshots Gabriel into the bottom rope. 2 count by Orton. Orton with more offense on Gabriel and another 2 count. Gabriel dodges Orton and takes him down with some kicks. Gabriel goes to the apron and comes in on Orton with a splash. 2 count by Gabriel. Gabriel works Orton over in the corner now. Orton fights back and drops Gabriel with an uppercut.
Gabriel blocks Orton with a jawbreaker and a low dropkick to the face. 2 count by Gabriel. Gabriel with a modified sleeper on Orton now. Orton fights back but Gabriel takes him down with a knee to the gut. 2 count by Gabriel. Gabriel applies the choke hold again. Orton powers out and drops Gabriel on his head. Gabriel fights back but misses a kick. Orton counters with a backbreaker and a 2 count. Orton with an uppercut. Gabriel slides over Orton’s back but gets clotheslined twice. Orton with the big powerslam. Gabriel kicks Orton. Orton goes belly-to-belly and throws Gabriel. Another 2 count.
Gabriel goes to the top for the 450 Splash. Orton rolls out of the way but doesn’t move in time. Gabriel lands on part of Orton’s body and both are hurt. Orton gets to his feet and lays Gabriel out with the RKO for the pin and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- Orton poses in the ring as Cole and Lawler hypes tonight’s main event. We see Sheamus headed to the ring for a match against Daniel Bryan as we go to commercial.
Bragging Rights Qualifier
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Back from commercial and out comes WWE’s United States Champion Daniel Bryan. Sheamus is out next for this Bragging Rights qualifier. We see a replay of Sheamus destroying Bryan last week. The bell rings and Bryan unloads on Sheamus with a running knee and right hands. Sheamus pushes him off and misses a clothesline. Bryan goes for the LaBell Lock and Sheamus makes it tot he ropes and goes to the floor. Bryan kicks Sheamus into the barrier as fans chant his name. Bryan comes over the top but Sheamus catches him. Bryan pushes Sheamus into the ring post but he blocks it. Bryan then dropkicks Sheamus into the ring post. Bryan brings it back in the ring for a 2 count.
Bryan counters Sheamus with a flip off the top but Sheamus lays him out with a backbreaker. Sheamus unloads on Bryan with knees in the corner now until the referee pulls him off. Sheamus tosses Bryan across the ring and kicks him now. Sheamus with forearm shots to the chest now. Bryan runs the ropes and takes Sheamus down. Bryan with a series of kicks to the chest now. Bryan kicks Sheamus in the head and he goes down. 2 count.
Bryan goes to the top and hits a dropkick on Sheamus. Bryan goes for a leg submission but Sheamus kicks him off. Sheamus with a big shot to the head and Bryan goes down. Sheamus starts dropping knees again on Bryan. Bryan looks to be knocked out. Sheamus goes for the High Cross but Bryan rolls out of it and gets a roll-up for 2. Bryan gets up but Sheamus drops him with the kick to the face. Sheamus with the pin and the win.
- We see John Cena backstage. R-Truth walks in and takes a seat. Truth asks Cena what he’s doing. Truth says Cena joining Nexus isn’t sitting well with the rest of the locker room. Truth asks if Cena would take one of them out if Barrett told him to. Truth says he knows Cena is in a tough spot but before he makes too big of a mistake, there is another way out of it. Truth stands up now and tells Cena to just quit. Truth walks off as Cena thinks hard. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Cole leads us into a Troops video.
Bragging Rights Qualifier
Evan Bourne vs. CM Punk
Back in the arena and out comes Evan Bourne for the next Bragging Rights qualifier. Out next is his opponent, CM Punk. It’s announced that RAW has just acquired Punk from SmackDown. The bell rings and Punk misses a clothesline. Bourne unloads with kicks and a knee sends Punk to the floor. Bourne comes off the apron but Punk catches him in a powerbomb stance. Punk tosses Bourne’s head into the fan barrier and he lands hard.
Punk brings it back in the ring and gets a 2 count. Punk with elbows and another 2 count. Punk goes for a suplex but Bourne fights out of it. Punk misses the running knee in the corner and Bourne hits more kicks. Bourne drops Punk with a spin kick. Bourne misses a flying kick but connects with the next one. Bourne goes to the top for Air Bourne but Punk gets up and knocks him down. Punk picks Bourne up and lays him out with the GTS for the pin and the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- After the match, Punk knocks Bourne out to the floor and throws him hard into the fan barrier. Punk throws Bourne again, head-first into the barrier. Punk pulls Bourne over to the announcer’s table. Punk scoops Bourne up and runs him face-first into the ring post. Punk locks on the Anaconda Vice as the referee tries to get him to break the hold. Cole and Lawler plug the main event again as we go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and Natalya is in the ring. She cuts a promo on LayCool and calls them cheap. She announces she will get a Unified Divas Championship shot at Bragging Rights. LayCool’s music hits and out comes Michelle McCool and Layla. They cut a promo on Layla and say she’s inherited her father’s facial hair gene. They say Natalya has to shave herself before every show or she’d look like this… they show a photo of Jim Neidhart on the big screen and a photo of Natalya with his beard. Natalya says they are the most annoying Divas in WWE. LayCool say they are the best there was, is and ever will be. They say the rest of the Divas love them. LayCool calls that real talk and exit the ring, taunting Natalya. As they head up the ramp, The Bella Twins, Melina, Gail Kim and Eve Torres appear on the ramp. They back LayCool back to the ring and attack. LayCool are thrown back in the ring to Natalya. Michelle flees but Layla gets put in the Sharpshooter. Michelle makes the save and pulls Layla to safety. LayCool head through the crowd as the other Divas chase them off. Natalya’s music plays as LayCool looks on from the crowd at the other Divas in the ring.
- We see The Miz and Alex Riley headed to the ring as we go back to commercial.
Bragging Rights Qualifier
The Miz vs. John Cena
Justin Roberts announces this will now be a No DQ match. The winner will captain Team RAW at Bragging Rights. Out first is The Miz with Alex Riley at his side. John Cena is out next. The bell rings and they both feed off the crowd. They lock up and Miz applies a headlock. Miz drops Cena with a shoulder block. They run the ropes and Cena hits a big hip toss. Miz goes to the floor to regroup. Cena comes out and chases him around the ring. Alex Riley drops Cena on the floor, taking advantage of the no DQ rule. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena hits a running bulldog on Miz. Cena charges but runs into Miz’s elbow in the corner. Miz mounts Cena with right hands. Miz throws Cena back out to the floor where Riley is. Riley drops Cena with a right hand. Miz comes over and slams Cena’s head into the announce table. Miz climbs up on the table and waits on Cena to get up. Miz goes for the Skull Crushing Finale on top of the table but Cena tries to fight out of it. Cena counters and goes for the AA. Miz slides out and pushes Cena ribs-first into the fan barrier.
Miz tries to ram Cena into the ring post but Cena blocks and slams Miz into the steps. Riley comes over but Cena fights him off. Cena charges Miz but runs into the exposed steel of the fan barrier. Back in the ring, Miz gets a 2 count. Miz goes for the bronco buster in the corner but Cena moves. Cena hits two shoulder blocks and a back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena goes for the AA but Miz slides out and drops Cena with a big boot. 2 count for Miz.
They go back and forth. Cena goes for the STF but Miz slides out. Miz hits a back and neckbreaker combo but only gets 2. Riley hands Miz the Money in the Bank briefcase. Miz charges with the case but Cena ducks. Cena locks on the STF. Miz crawls for the ropes. Cena breaks the hold and pulls Miz back ito the center of the ring. Riley comes in. Cena takes out Riley’s knee and locks the STF on him. Riley taps out while Miz recovers. Cena goes for the AA on Miz. Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty rush the ring, causing Cena to drop Miz. McGillicutty and Harris hit their finishers on Cena. Miz takes advantage and covers Cena for the pin, the win and the right to captain Team RAW at Bragging Rights.
Winner: The Miz
- After the match, Harris and McGillicutty smile at ringside as Miz and Riley hit the ramp. Cena recovers in the ring but Harris and McGillicutty enter the ring behind him. Cena turns around and tackles McGillicutty. Cena goes after Harris next. Wade Barrett rushes the ring and pulls Cena off them. Cena pulls his fist back at Barrett but puts it down. Barrett stares Cena down. The e-mail alert goes off as they come face to face. It’s announced that Husky and McGillicutty will face John Cena and Randy Orton on next week’s RAW. Cena likes this news. Barrett takes the mic and says this is interesting. Barrett says if Cena loses next week, he will officially induct Husky and McGillicutty into Nexus. Cena gets in Barrett’s face and stares him down. Barrett taunts Cena, asking how much he would love to hit him. Cena realizes he can’t and gets pissed. Barrett continues to taunt Cena as he gets fired up. Barrett calls Cena scared and calls him a spineless coward. Barrett says he will embarrass Cena, just like at Hell in a Cell. Barrett turns his back on Cena and says he doesn’t have the guts to do anything. Barrett calls Cena pathetic. Cena is frustrated as the crowd boo’s. Barrett says Cena has let everyone down and calls him a disgrace. Cena goes to walk out of the ring and the crowd boo’s. Cena stops and leans on the ropes, finally making his exit from the ring. Barrett looks on smiling and orders Cena to stop. Barrett tells Cena that until next week, “you can’t see me.” Barrett does the hand gesture and everything. Cena turns around and walks up the ramp. RAW goes off the air with Barrett looking on with a smirk on his face.
- The final rating for Monday's WWE RAW was a 3.09, down 5% from the week before. This was the secon...
Forbes has an article where they look at the strategy behind the 'Andre The Giant Memorial' Battle R...
DigitalSpy spoke with Fandango about, among other things, the comparison between PG and Attitude Era...
Check out the full schedule for Wednesday, day 17 of the WWE Network launch: 12am EST - WrestleMa...
- Below check out the lastest Impact Podcast fresh off of TNA Lockdown this past Sunday in Miami. Ch...