WWE Raw Results – October 22, 2012
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens right up with Rey Mysterio making his way out to the ring for the finals of the tag team tournament. Michael Cole hypes a tweet from AJ Lee where she was called into an emergency meeting at WWE headquarters earlier. Jim Ross says AJ will be here at RAW within the hour. Out next comes Sin Cara to join Mysterio.
Tag Team Tournament Finals: Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes
Out next comes the team of Rhodes Scholars – Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. Mysterio goes at it with Rhodes and gets an early 2 count. Cody drops Rey with a right hand and tags in Sandow. Rey and Sandow go at it. Rey drops him for 619 but Cody pulls Sandow to safety. Cara and Rey splash out onto the floor and take their opponents out. We see Kane and Daniel Bryan watching backstage.
Cara tags in and gets a pin attempt on Sandow. Sandow turns it around with a pin attempt of his own. Cody tags back in and keeps up the offense on Cara with a big standing suplex. Cody with a 2 count. Sandow comes back in and takes Cara to the corner. Cody tags in for some double teaming and a stomp to the gut. Another tag to Sandow and more double teaming in the corner. Sandow with a suplex and a big knee drop to the chin. Sandow bows and the crowd boos. Sandow stops Cara from tagging and takes him back to the corner. Cody tags in for more double teaming. Rhodes keeps Cara down and taunts Mysterio. Cara comes back with a big enziguri kick as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cara is fighting Cody back but Cody slams him to the mat and drops a knee. Sandow comes back in for more shots to Cara. Sandow drops Cara and hits another elbow drop for 2 as Mysterio breaks the pin. Cody tags back in for more double teaming on Cara. Cody takes Cara to the top but he fights back. Cara with a counter and a tornado DDT. Rey comes in off the top and takes out Cody. Sandow goes down on the floor. Rey takes Cody down with a head scissors and drops him in the corner. Rey with a moonsault and a 2 count. Rey dropkicks Cody and Sandow for 619 and nails it. Rey goes to the top and splashes Cody for 2 as Sandow jumps in front of the referee and breaks the count. Cara kicks Sandow in the head. Rey kicks Sandow to the floor. Cody comes from behind and hits Cross Rhodes on Rey for the win and title shot at Hell In a Cell.
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
- After the match, Kane and Daniel Bryan appear on the big screen to congratulate Rhodes and Sandow. They say “hell no” to Rhodes Scholars winning the titles. Kane makes the ring explode with pyro and his music plays as we go to commercial.
Kofi Kingston vs. Michael McGillicutty
Back from the break and The Miz has joined Cole and JR for commentary. Out comes new WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston as we see a replay of how he won the title on Main Event. McGillicutty starts the match and beats Kofi down in the corner. McGillicutty with more offense and trash talking. McGillicutty throws Kofi and takes him back to the corner.
McGillicutty continues to dominate the match and hits a backbreaker for a 2 count. They go on and Kofi hits Trouble in Paradise out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Kofi Kingston
- We get a look back at last Monday where the contract signing for Hell In a Cell took place.
- John Cena will speak next. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see some of the NFL’s New York Giants sitting at ringside.
- We go to the ring and out comes John Cena.
Cena talks about Hell In a Cell and CM Punk’s reign as WWE Champion. Cena says the most truthful thing Punk has said was right before he became WWE Champion. Punk saw change and Cena says at Hell In a Cell, we will finally see change in the form of Ryback. Cena puts over Ryback and says he stands for one thing – destruction. Cena says the face of WWE will change this Sunday. CM Punk’s music hits and out comes the WWE Champion with Paul Heyman.
Punk comes out and rips the NY Giants. He brags about being WWE Champion for 337 days and best in the world. Punk promises that he will walk out of Hell In a Cell still as our WWE Champion. Punk says he likes Cena’s new role in WWE – being Ryback’s cheerleader. Punk says Cena finally realized that he can’t beat Punk. Cena says he came out to let everyone know how excited he was for Hell In a Cell. Cena says it’s not that he can’t beat Punk, he just wasn’t allowed to. Cena says he is now officially medically cleared to wrestle. Cena says he won’t mess up the title match for Sunday but wants to whoop Punk’s ass tonight. Punk heads down the ramp but Heyman tries to talk him out of it. Punk makes it to the apron and Cena is ready to fight but Heyman is ranting about Punk shouldn’t fight for free. Punk drops off the apron and heads back up the ramp as the crowd boos.
- More hype about AJ Lee and her emergency meeting from earlier. Also still to come tonight is Big Show vs. Kane. Back to commercial.
Justin Gabriel vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and Justin Gabriel waits in the ring as WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro comes out for a rematch from last week. Cesaro slides out of the ring and grabs a mic before they begin. Cesaro says something not in English and turns around to a splash from Gabriel. Gabriel brings it back in the ring but Cesaro turns it around on him. Cesaro with a big uppercut after some stomps.
Cesaro with a gutwrench slam and more offense on the mat. Cesaro with a huge high knee in the corner and another 2 count on Gabriel. More back and forth action. Cesaro throws Gabriel by the back of his head on the corner. Gabriel fights out of the corner. Gabriel counters a move and goes to the top for the 450. Cesaro hits the rope and Gabriel falls in the corner. Cesaro climbs up for a superplex but Gabriel fights him off. They trade shots on the corner and Cesaro falls to the mat. Cesaro comes right back and knocks Gabriel to the apron. Gabriel kicks Cesaro in the head and he falls to the mat again. Gabriel goes for the 450 and nails it for the non-title win.
Winner: Justin Gabriel
- We see a limousine pull up in the back and out comes Vince McMahon as the crowd pops. He has AJ Lee with her and she looks worried. They walk off and we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Vince McMahon is in the ring with AJ Lee. Vince says AJ met with the Board of Directors earlier today about her tenure as RAW General Manager. Vince lets AJ tell the results of that meeting and hands her the mic. AJ says because of allegations that she has been fraternizing with a member of the RAW roster, she is now resigning as GM. AJ says some of her decisions may have been unorthodox and some people may consider her unstable but she thinks some people just like a crazy chick. The crowd starts chanting yes.
AJ says she has come so far and talks about growing up 15 minutes from the arena. AJ says she grew up with nothing, she’s lived in cars and motels and gone from being homeless to being the boss. She thought she would always be a poor girl who made nothing of her life but the fans accepted her. AJ thanks everyone and says she has loved every second of the job. She thanks Vince for giving her the opportunity. Out comes Paul Heyman.
Heyman talks about AJ’s story but says there needs to be a new General Manager of RAW. Heyman says Vince needs someone with class, education and dignity, someone who can demonstrate ruthless aggression when needed. Heyman says if the Board needs him to step in, then he will. Vince says no. He introduces someone who is not the GM and who is not the interim GM but a managing supervisor – Vickie Guerrero.
Vickie speaks as the crowd boos. Heyman suggests that Vickie’s first decision as managing supervisor should be reversing Vince’s decision of putting Punk into the Cell against Ryback. Heyman calls Ryback a punk eating carnivore. Vickie cuts him off and says Punk will still face Ryback at Hell In a Cell. Vickie is going to show everyone how she will do things better than Booker T on SmackDown by booking Punk vs. Sheamus at tonight’s main event. Heyman says she can’t do that. Vickie adds that it will be the largest Lumberjack Match in RAW history. Heyman drops his mic and walks off screaming. Vickie turns to AJ and says she knew all along AJ wasn’t right for the job. Vickie goes on ripping AJ and says soon she will be the General Manager. Vickie reveals the allegations against AJ are more than fraternizing. Vickie says AJ had an affair. Vickie orders AJ backstage to pack up her things. Vickie tells AJ to leave her ring. AJ goes to leave and Vickie runs her mouth. AJ tackles Vickie and they brawl. AJ shoves Vickie out of the ring and she heads to the back screaming. AJ skips away.
- Up next is Miz vs. Ryback. Back to commercial.
Ryback vs. The Miz
Back from the break and out comes the #1 contender to the WWE Title Ryback. Out next comes The Miz.
Miz hesitates on his way down but finally enters the ring. He calls the referee over. Ryback comes over and pulls him over the top rope. The referee separates them and here we go. Miz tries to get away but Ryback tosses him out to the floor. Ryback follows but Miz goes in the ring. Ryback enters and blocks a kick. Miz tries to fight back but Ryback scoops him. Miz slides out and Ryback hits a big boot. Ryback slams his head on the mat and misses the big clothesline as Miz moves. Ryback comes right back and knocks Miz on the mat. Miz with a jawbreaker before going to the top. Ryback catches him in mid-air and slams him on the mat. Ryback nails the big clothesline as the crowd chants “feed me more.” Ryback hits Shell Shocked for the win.
- We get a video for “be a STAR” before going back to commercial.
- Eve Torres is backstage talking to someone on the phone about AJ Lee messing around with people like Zack Ryder and Primo. Kaitlyn walks up behind her and says Eve is the one who’s unprofessional. Kaitlyn has proof that Eve was behind the attack on her. Eve is going to Booker T about this. Kaitlyn grabs her and tells her to stop the nice girl act. Eve smacks Kaitlyn and they start brawling. Layla runs over and gets involved until referees break it up.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with a Sheamus Brawlin’ Buddy toy. The real Sheamus walks in and talks about facing CM Punk in the largest lumberjack match in WWE history tonight. Sheamus says he loves the unpredictability. Mathews asks about Hell In a Cell and in walks Big Show. Show punches the Sheamus toy and Sheamus gets mad. Show tells Sheamus he better get serious real quick because the same thing will happen to him on Sunday.
Daniel Bryan vs. Zack Ryder
We go to the ring and out comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan before we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Dolph Ziggler. They lock up and trade holds. Ziggler ducks a roundhouse kick and they go to lock up again. Ziggler kicks Bryan and takes control. More back and forth action. Ziggler drops Bryan with a big dropkick and stomps some more. Bryan blocks a suplex and goes for the No Lock. They run the ropes and Bryan slams Ziggler hard on his face. Bryan with a submission now.
Ziggler beats Bryan up in the corner. Bryan turns it around and takes Ziggler to the mat for a Figure Four leglock. Ziggler makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Bryan unloads with kicks and fights Ziggler on the apron. Ziggler suplexes Bryan from the apron out to the floor. Bryan goes down clutching his leg as the pyro goes off and out comes Kane. A referee tends to Bryan as Kane makes his way down and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler has Bryan on the mat as Kane watches from ringside. They fight it out and Bryan makes a comeback. Bryan hits the big dropkick in the corner and covers for 2. Bryan with kicks to the chest while Ziggler is on his knees now. They go on and Ziggler applies the sleeper. Bryan counters but Ziggler hits a big DDT for a 2 count. Ziggler misses a splash in the corner, hits the ring post and falls out to the floor. Bryan runs the ropes and dives out onto Ziggler. Ziggler runs up for a big facebuster off the top. Ziggler covers for 2. Bryan kicks Ziggler’s legs out and kicks him in the face. Kane gets the crowd hype with “yes” chants but it upsets Bryan, who chants no. Ziggler attacks from behind while Bryan is distracted and gets the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Kane comes in the ring and they argue. Kane says he tried to help Bryan. Bryan shoves him. Matt Striker comes down the ramp and tries to get them to stop arguing. Striker says Vickie Guerrero sent him out because she has a surprise for them. Vickie has made up a “therapeutic game show” for tonight that Team Hell No will participate in. Striker has to host it. Their opponents for the contest tonight are Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes. Striker says the game show is up next as we go to commercial.
- We get a look back at AJ announcing her resignation earlier tonight and Vickie Guerrero being named managing supervisor.
- We go to the ring and chairs are set up and game show music is playing. This is the Newly-tag Game. Kane and Bryan are sitting in chairs while Striker is standing. Striker has Kane and Bryan introduce themselves. They end up arguing until Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow come out. Sandow asks how dare he invite them to take part in such tomfoolery. Sandow goes on and says they will not be participating. Cody says Team Hell No will get to know them when they beat them at Hell In a Cell for the titles. Sandow says you’re welcome and they walk off. Kane says Striker’s little game show was a total bust. Striker tries to save it and announces Team Hell No the winners by forfeit. They chase Striker out of the ring. He stops on the stage and doesn’t wish them luck for Sunday. Striker backs into a pissed off Big Show. Show throws Striker across the stage and heads down.
Kane vs. Big Show
Back from commercial and they’re going at it. Show hits a big spear on Kane. Kane fights back but Show beats him down in the corner as Bryan looks on from ringside. Kane fights back with right hands but Show scoop slams him. Show with another and a 2 count. Show with a bearhug now.
More back and forth. Kane fights out of the corner with right hands. Show fires back with shots of his own. Kane hits a big DDT and covers for 2. Kane comes off the top with a big shot and covers for another 2 count. Rhodes and Sandow come down the ramp for a distraction which leads to Show getting the win.
Winner: Big Show
- After the match, Rhodes and Sandow beat Bryan down at ringside and bring him into the ring. They hit Cross Rhodes on Bryan while Kane is still laid out.
- Santino Marella is backstage with AJ. He thinks she did a good job. John Cena walks up and Santino leaves. Cena says if he can ever do anything for AJ, just let him know. AJ says she did a lot of things she should have been fired for but not this. AJ brings up Vickie saying she had an affair. Cena offers to get to the bottom of it, or something. AJ says it was Cena. She didn’t want to drag his name into this. Cena says they had a business dinner once and that was it… how can someone make something out of it? AJ says someone went to the Board and now it’s a mess. She thinks it was Vickie. AJ starts crying and Cena hugs her. Cena says he will take care of it and we go to commercial.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Zack Ryder
Alberto Del Rio is being introduced by Ricardo Rodriguez as we go back to the ring. Zack Ryder waits in the ring and gets beat down as soon as the bell rings. Del Rio unloads and applies a submission. Ryder fights out with a roll up but Del Rio drops him for a 2 count. Del Rio takes Ryder back to the mat.
Ryder looks to make a comeback with knees in the corner. Ryder misses the Broski Boot and Del Rio goes to work on his arm. Del Rio ends up getting the win with the cross armbreaker.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio takes the mic and addresses Randy Orton. Del Rio says he will cut Orton’s head off at Hell In a Cell. Del Rio puts the armbreaker back on Ryder as Ricardo screams his name.
- Cena confronts Vickie Guerrero backstage. Cena calls her a backstabbing liar. Vickie says Cena’s little girlfriend AJ can’t keep business from pleasure. Cena says it was just a business dinner. Vickie says Cena asked AJ out on RAW, went out with her and now AJ got what she deserved. Vickie says Cena cost AJ her job. Cena walks off.
- Still to come, over 30 Superstars will surround the ring for the largest Lumberjack Match in history for the main event. Back to commercial.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler is happy about his victory earlier but brings up the AJ situation. He says one person is really to blame for all this and that’s John Cena.
- We get a hype video for Ryback vs. Punk.
- Punk is backstage with Heyman. He’s not happy about tonight’s main event. He says he’s already missing AJ and Heyman says not to worry about her. Heyman talks about how Punk will retain the WWE Title at Hell In a Cell and gets him hype for the match.
Lumberjack Match: Sheamus vs. CM Punk
We go to the ring and over 30 Superstars begin to make their way out to ringside for tonight’s main event. We go to commercials.
Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk with Paul Heyman. The ring is surrounded by Superstars as World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus makes his way out.
The match starts and they lock up, going to the mat then the corner. Sheamus goes to the floor but the lumberjacks don’t attack. Sheamus tosses Punk out now and they throw him in after he runs his mouth. Sheamus drops knees on Punk now and covers for a 2 count. Sheamus with a headlock takedown as Big Show stares at him. Sheamus keeps Punk on the mat. They get back up and Sheamus keeps control with slams and another elbow for 2.
Punk gets knocked back to the floor and rolled in by the lumberjacks. Sheamus with a neckbreaker and another 2 count. Punk goes to the apron and Sheamus beats him in the chest with forearms. Sheamus ends up on the floor and assaulted by the lumberjacks. They roll him back in and Punk covers for 2.
Back from the break and Sheamus fights back against Punk. Sheamus ends back up on the floor and the lumberjacks attack him. Other lumberjacks jump in and a fight breaks out. They roll Sheamus back in and Punk hits a neckbreaker. Punk goes to the top and comes down crashing on Sheamus as he stands up. Punk goes back to the top and takes Sheamus down with a flying forearm. They go on and Punk is back on the too. Punk steps down instead and drops a normal elbow drop. Punk hits another neckbreaker and covers for 2.
Sheamus fights out and runs over Punk twice. Sheamus with a clothesline in the corner. Sheamus puts Punk on his shoulders and rolls through. Sheamus with forearm shots to the chest on the apron again. Sheamus suplexes Punk in and covers for 2. Punk catches Sheamus with a dropkick for a 2 count. More back and forth with pin attempts. Sheamus with a superplex for 2. Punk drops Sheamus into the turnbuckles for another pin attempt. Punk drops Sheamus again and covers for another 2 count. Punk goes back to the top but misses the big elbow. Sheamus hits the Irish Curse backbreaker for 2. More action at ringside. Sheamus hits White Noise and calls for the Brogue Kick. Antonio Cesaro runs in and gets a Brogue Kick. One for Jinder Mahal also. Big Show comes up and chokeslams Sheamus. Punk covers for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- As soon as the bell rings, Ryback’s music hits and he comes out. Punk tries to leave but the lumberjacks throw him in. Ryback manhandles Punk and slams him. Punk tries to leave again but they throw him back in. Ryback with a huge slam. Punk tries to go through the crowd again but the lumberjacks throw him in. Ryback presses Punk up high and throws him into a bunch of lumberjacks at ringside. Heyman gathers with a beat up Punk on the ramp. RAW goes off the air with Ryback standing tall in the ring.
WWE Superstar Batista tweeted the following today: Ive always considered myself a WWE fan first a...
With Sting on board with WWE and the in-ring future of The Undertaker, his most desired opponent in ...
In the video below, Michael Cole talks to WWE NXT Women's Champion and Divas Champion Paige. Cole sa...
After dropping the Divas Championship week to the debuting Paige, AJ Lee is taking a hiatus from WWE...
WWE's latest "Where Are They Now?" feature looks at former Tag Team Champion Trevor Murdoch, who was...