WWE Raw Results – September 2, 2013
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with Triple H being introduced. The Game waits in the ring as his music plays. We see The Shield standing guard in front of the ring. Triple H introduces the face of a company, the WWE Champion, the Viper Randy Orton. Out comes Orton.
Michael Cole welcomes us to another Labor Day RAW as Orton makes his way to the ring. Cole is joined by Jerry Lawler and JBL. Orton takes the mic and says protecting the company is his #1 responsibility. He won’t let the image of WWE be tarnished. He says if you disrespect him, you’re disrespecting the entire WWE and need to be dealt with. A “no!” chant starts up in the crowd. Orton brings up Daniel Bryan and a “yes!” chant starts. Orton says Bryan defaced his personal property last week, the Escalade that Triple H gave him. We see what happened on SmackDown with Orton beating Bryan while The Shield held him, and then spray-painted him. Orton wants to take a page out of Bryan’s book and play a game with the fans tonight. Orton asks if Bryan should face him at Night of Champions for the WWE Title. The fans cheer but Orton says no. Orton asks if Bryan has a chance in hell at winning. Fans cheer but Orton says no. Orton asks if Bryan will ever amount to anything in WWE or will he always be a B+ player. Orton asks if Bryan should give up his Night of Champions title shot. Fans chant “no” and Orton says yes. Triple H steps in and says one of his responsibilities is seeing that WWE puts out the best product each week. Triple H says the WWE Universe deserves the best. His other job is to ensure the health and well-being of all the Superstars and Divas. Triple H has been worried about Bryan’s health and welfare. Triple H gets a “yes” chant going. He says the fans are causing Bryan to confuse popularity with what’s best for business. Triple H brings up Doink the Clown and says he was wildly popular but there was a big reason why Doink was never WWE Champion – because it would have been bad for business. Triple H says Bryan will never be WWE Champion and that’s okay. Triple H jokes he can bring back the Cruiserweight or European title so Bryan can go for one of those. Bryan’s music hits and out he comes.
Bryan comes out and calls Orton and Triple H clowns. Bryan says Triple H gave up being a man when he cut his hair and became a corporate sellout. Bryan isn’t giving up his Night of Champions title shot. Bryan asks if Orton is more masculine than Stephanie McMahon and gets a “no” chant going. Orton threatens more punishment to Bryan. Bryan talks about how Orton has been given everything while he’s fought for what he has. Bryan knows he can beat Orton for the WWE Title. Bryan says deep down, Orton and Triple H know it too. Bryan says Orton doesn’t have the heart of a champion. He goes to say Orton is nothing but Triple H’s bitch. Triple H cuts him off and calls him a grumpy little troll. Triple H says Bryan’s anger is misdirected. It shouldn’t be directed at them, it should be directed at Big Show. Triple H runs down Big Show. He says Show has an iron-clad contract but just stands around crying each week while Bryan gets beat down. Triple H announces Bryan vs. Show for tonight’s main event.
- We see footage of Paul Heyman hitting CM Punk with the kendo stick last week. Tonight, Punk will address what happened. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Orton is walking with Triple H, joking about Big Show. They run into Cody Rhodes. Triple H shakes his hand and asks how Dusty Rhodes is doing. Cody says he is fine. Cody thinks tonight’s main event will be great, as long as nobody gets involved. Triple H asks why anyone would get involved. Cody asks Orton why doesn’t he want to defend the title against Bryan. Cody says Bryan vs. Orton is what’s best for business. Triple H asks if Cody is deciding what’s best for business now. Triple H says Cody has a lot on his mind, like getting married soon and everything. Orton and Triple H both say they didn’t get an invitation. Triple H got Cody an early wedding present – a match against Orton tonight. Cody thanks him for the huge opportunity. Triple H says if Cody doesn’t win, he won’t be employed very long.
Fandango vs. The Miz
We go to the ring and out comes Fandango with Summer Rae. Out next comes The Miz.
The bell rings and they go at it. Miz goes for an early Figure Four but Fandango goes to the floor. Miz follows and kicks him into the barrier. Miz works Fandango over on the floor and drops him over the barrier. Miz brings it back in the ring. He grabs Summer Rae and twirls her around before coming back in. Miz drops Fandango on his face for a 2 count. Miz goes on and kicks Fandango in the face for another pin attempt. Miz with a headlock as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Fandango is in control. Fandango whips Miz into the corner and covers for another 2 count. Apparently Fandango has a broken nose after a kick to the face. WWE’s doctor worked on him during the commercial, according to Cole. Summer Rae gets in a cheap shot and slaps Miz. Miz fights back with Fandango and whips him off the turnbuckle. Miz goes for a Figure Four but it’s blocked. Miz misses the clothesline in the corner. Fandango with right hands and a springboard leg drop for a pin attempt. Miz goes for the Figure Four again and gets it locked in for the win out of nowhere.
Winner: The Miz
- Still to come, Rhodes vs. Orton and Show vs. Bryan. Up next, CM Punk will address last week. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Booker T approaches Daniel Bryan backstage and wants to talk. Booker says going against the McMahons is not a fight he can win. Booker says he’s too good to be going back to high school gyms and wrestling for $50. Booker says Bryan can make a ton of money in WWE. Booker says maybe Bryan should consider giving up his title shot. Bryan can’t believe Booker said it. Bryan says this is about his life. Booker says Bryan needs to wake up. Booker goes on and says he’s behind Bryan but Bryan needs to tread lightly. Bryan walks off.
- We see footage from last week where Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel beat down CM Punk.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Ryback
We go to the ring and out first comes Dolph Ziggler. We go to commercial as Dolph makes his entrance.
Back from the break and Dolph is still waiting to find out his opponent. WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose attacks from behind and beats Ziggler down. Ambrose says Ziggler is going to learn some respect. Ryback’s music hits and out he comes as Ziggler’s opponent.
A loud Goldberg chant hits as Ryback enters the ring. Ziggler tries to recover from the Ambrose attack. Ziggler goes at it with Ryback but gets tossed across the ring. Ryback beats Ziggler up some more and rips his shirt off. More offense by Ryback for several minutes. Ziggler comes back with a dropkick and right hands but Ryback nails a Meathook clothesline. Ryback hits Shellshocked for the win.
- Brad Maddox walks up on Triple H and Stephanie McMahon backstage. He says Big Show is refusing to wrestle Daniel Bryan tonight. Stephanie is going to the ring to call Show out.
- We get another vignette for Los Matadores.
- Back from the break and out comes Stephanie McMahon to the ring.
Stephanie says she’s going to bring out someone who’s helped her and been there for her over the years. She introduces her friend, her giant – Big Show. Show comes out to the ring and they hug. Stephanie says she heard Show doesn’t want to face Bryan tonight. Stephanie says Show has made some bad investments and is completely broke. Show starts crying. Stephanie says he gets no money from that iron-clad contract unless he performs. She asks how much longer will he be able to wrestle. Stephanie goes on and says giants typically don’t live longer than normal people. She says this is about his family and that’s why he will make the right decision. Show is still crying. Stephanie says she is hurting and hugs Show before walking out of the ring. Show looks on, still crying. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage of Big Show going crazy backstage.
- The announcers show us how to install the WWE App.
Drew McIntyre and Heath Slater vs. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
3MB comes out first followed by Darren Young and Titus O’Neil to a decent reaction. Slater starts out with Titus and mocks his bark. Titus unloads and takes Slater to the corner.
Young comes in and fights off Slater and Mahal. He goes at it with Mahal and gets the upperhand. Young with a pin attempt. Young fights off more double teaming but gets knocked off the turnbuckle. Slater tags in and stomps away on Young. McIntyre gets in a cheap shot. Slater keeps Young on the mat now. Slater with a neckbreaker and another pin attempt. Mahal comes in for some double teaming and keeps up the attack on Young. More double teaming on Young. Young fights off Slater with headbutts and a big overhead throw. Titus tags in as does Mahal. Titus runs over him and hits a big clothesline in the corner. Titus with a big overhead throw. He starts barking and nails a big boot for a close 2 count as Slater breaks the pin. Young takes out Slater. Mahal sends Young to the floor. Titus lays out Mahal for the win.
Winners: Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
- Still to come, Rhodes vs. Orton with Cody’s career on the line. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Brad Maddox is on the phone. Paul Heyman walks in and tells Maddox to call the person back. Heyman says he isn’t doing too good because of Maddox putting his fate in the hands of the WWE Universe last week. Heyman goes on and in walks Triple H. Triple H says he approved what Maddox did last week. Triple H says not because of their short past, but because Triple H is a fan of his and always has been. Triple H doesn’t see a way Heyman can weasel his way out of the match at Night of Champions. Maybe this is the match where Punk gives Heyman the beating he deserves. Either way, Triple H wins.
- We get a video of Bray Wyatt talking about what’s happened with Kane. Bray says the fire isn’t Kane’s friend. He says Kane allowed his pride to cloud his common sense and that’s when Bray knew he was his. Like a lamb to slaughter, he says. Bray says Kane made his bed and now he’s burning in it. Where’s Kane? Bray laughs as Erick Rowan and Luke Harper stand behind him.
Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton
We go to the ring and out comes Cody Rhodes with his job on the line. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion Randy Orton. Back and forth to start the match. Orton mounts Cody in the corner with punches. Cody comes back and drops Orton on his face. Cody with a 2 count. Orton turns it around again and drops Cody over the ropes, sending him out to the floor. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re brawling out on the floor. Orton takes control and brings it back in. Orton with a big knee drop for a 2 count. Orton with a headlock now. We see the WWE locker room backstage watching this match. Cody finally makes a comeback with clotheslines and a high elbow. Cody with the big dropdown right hand. Cody comes down off the top and covers for another close 2 count. Orton ducks a Disaster Kick but Cody shoves him into the corner. Cody nails a Disaster Kick and covers for another close 2 count.
Fans chant for Cody. Cody goes up high for the moonsault but Orton steps to the side and Cody hits the mat. Orton with a 2 count. Orton gets ready to put Cody away. Cody blocks the RKO and nails Cross Rhodes for another close pin attempt. Orton kicks Cody away. Orton drops his neck over the top rope and comes back in. Rhodes blocks a RKO and rolls Orton up for 2. Orton ducks a Disaster Kick and Cody lands bad on his knee. Orton goes for the knee and nails a RKO for the win and Cody’s job.
Winner: Randy Orton
- After the match, Orton stands with the WWE Title as we go to replays. Orton heads to the stage to pose with the WWE Title. Triple H comes out and congratulates him. Orton heads to the back as Cody looks on from the ring. Triple H gives it up for Cody. He says Cody went all in and fought like his life was on the line. From the bottom of Triple H’s heart, he respects Cody. He says but this is a business and in business, he needs winners. He can’t let his personal feelings cloud his judgement. He has to do what’s right for everyone in the back. With deep regret, Triple H informs Cody that he is fired. Cody is upset in the ring. He limps away after a “thank you Cody” chant. Fans chant his name as Cody heads up the ramp. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the announcers are talking about what happened to Cody Rhodes.
- We go to the ring and out comes CM Punk with a kendo stick.
Punk comes out and promises no more empty threats. He says he’s having a hard time finding what to say next. He talks about the kendo stick attack from last week and asks what is left to say. Punk says we’ve heard it all. He’s here and ready to compete but wrestling is so far from his mind right now. Punk says he wants to fight. He wants to fight Paul Heyman. If he has to fight Curtis Axel to get a shot at Heyman, he will do it. Punk says he would invite them out right now but he knows they won’t come. Punk says in 13 days, he’s got them both. Punk says he’s in such a dark place right now. Punk says it will be a biblical ass-beating at Night of Champions. Punk says he’s here to say something to the fans. Fans start chanting for Punk. In 13 days, he guarantees he will get past Axel and then guarantees he will get his hands on Heyman. If you order Night of Champions, you will see a side of CM Punk you’ve never seen before. Punk says it might not be a side we like. Punk says a lot of people won’t like what happens to Heyman at Night of Champions. Heyman said Punk broke his heart but at Night of Champions, Punk is going to break his face. Punk promises and drops the mic.
- We get another look back at what happened with Punk, Heyman and Axel last week. Punk is still in the ring clutching the kendo stick.
- Still to come, Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Big Show walks up on Daniel Bryan backstage. Show says he didn’t want the fight tonight and is under a lot of pressure. Bryan doesn’t care about what Show wants. Show says he’s in a no-win situation here. Bryan agrees because tonight, he will beat Big Show again. Bryan walks off.
- We get a look back at AJ Lee’s pipebomb from last week.
Natalya vs. Naomi vs. Brie Bella
This match was made by Stephanie McMahon. The winner will face AJ Lee for the Divas Title at Night of Champions. We see the other Total Divas at ringside also. Before the match begins, out comes AJ for commentary.
Lots of back and forth in the match as AJ rants no commentary. Naomi with the rear bump. AJ storms the ring and attacks Naomi and Natalya for the DQ. A brawl breaks out with all the Divas in the ring as the timekeeper rings the bell. Natalya, Naomi and Brie leave the ring with AJ laid out but no new #1 contender named.
- Still to come, Show vs. Bryan in the main event. Back to commercial.
Damien Sandow vs. Rob Van Dam
Back from the break and Damien Sandow waits in the ring. Ricardo Rodriguez is out next to introduce Rob Van Dam. Lots of back and forth to start the match.
More back and forth. RVD nails a big kick off the ropes and Sandow goes down. Alberto Del Rio’s music hits and out he comes, distracting RVD. Sandow kicks RVD out of the ring. We go to commercial with Del Rio looking on from the stage.
Back from the break and Sandow is in control with a headlock. RVD tries to turn it around but gets dropped for a 2 count. RVD with a big kick to the face. RVD fights back but Sandow drops him into the ropes. Sandow with more offense and a swinging neckbreaker for 2. RVD comes back with clotheslines and a big kick. RVD hits Rolling Thunder. He goes to the corner but Sandow rolls him up for 2. RVD drops Sandow over the top rope and nails the Five Star frogsplash for the win.
Winner: Rob Van Dam
- After the match, Ricardo and RVD stare down Del Rio from the ring.
- Still to come, Show vs. Bryan in the main event.
- Back from the break and we see a WWE App video where Stephanie made Naomi vs. Brie Bella vs. Natalya vs. AJ Lee for Night of Champions.
- Josh Mathews catches up with Cody Rhodes on his way out backstage. Cody says he lost because of the stupid stipulation. Cody says the McMahons have hated the Rhodes for decades. He says they ruined his father and brother. Cody storms off when Mathews mentions his fiancee.
- We see the roster coming out to the stage for tonight’s main event. Back to commercial.
Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan
The roster is being forced to watch this match by Triple H. Out first comes Daniel Bryan after the break. Bryan is ready to go. Big Show comes out next and is hesitant.
Show tells Bryan he doesn’t want to do this. Bryan tells him to bring it. Bryan strikes first but gets knocked down. Show says his back is against the wall and he doesn’t want to do this. Bryan charges again and Show grabs him, yelling some more about not wanting to do this. Show sends Bryan to the floor. Bryan runs in and kicks Show’s leg out. Bryan unloads with kicks and takes Show down. Show keeps getting up but Bryan kicks him back down. Bryan with a dropkick to the head for a 1 count. Bryan with a big dropkick in the corner. And another. Show blocks the third with his back. Show is upset now. He hits Bryan with lots of big chops in the corner.
Show hits Bryan some more and yells about how he made him do this. Bryan with more kicks but Show runs over him with a shoulder. Show tells Bryan to just stop fighting, don’t make him do this. Bryan charges and Show knocks him back with a headbutt. Show with a shot to the gut now. Show goes back down and Bryan unloads with kicks. Show goes for a chokeslam but Bryan turns it into a DDT. Bryan comes off the top but Show knocks him in mid-air. Show readies for the knockout punch but stops and leaves the ring. Triple H’s music hits. The Shield runs down to ringside and Triple H is behind them. He tells Bryan to get back in the ring and finish Bryan. Show and Triple H come face to face outside the ring. Show says no. He starts walking off. The Shield start beating down Bryan. Show comes back in the ring but Triple H gets in the way. Triple H tells Show to do what’s right, think about his family. He tells Show to step back. Show watches as The Shield hit Bryan with the triple powerbomb. Show starts crying. Triple H tells Show to balls up his big fist and knock Bryan out. Show cries some more as he readies the punch. Roman Reigns holds Bryan up. Show yells no and leaves the ring. Triple H warns Big Show. Out comes Stephanie McMahon to confront Show on the stage. She tells him to think about his family and they start walking to the ring. Reigns holds Bryan up again as Show enters the ring. Triple H orders Show again to hit Bryan. Show turns towards Triple H but Stephanie gets in the way. The crowd cheers. Show is still crying. He turns back around and decks Bryan with a knockout punch as the crowd boos. Triple H and Stephanie pat Show on the back, telling him he did the right thing. Show heads up the ramp with Triple H and Stephanie telling him he did the right thing. Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes. Show is still crying. Orton walks past them and heads to the ring.
The Shield, Triple H, Stephanie, Big Show and the rest of the roster look on from the stage as Orton puts a boot on Bryan’s chest and poses with the WWE Title. RAW goes off the air.
WWE announced at Tuesday's SmackDown tapings in Little Rock that Carlos Colon will be inducted into ...
Anarchy Wrestling issued the following today: STEVEN WALTERS SIGNS WWE DEAL Anarchy Wrestling ...
- Former WWE Diva Michelle McCool, William Regal and WWE developmental trainer Sara Del Rey were wor...
World Wrestling Entertainment taped the March 14, 2014 WWE SmackDown episode from the Verizon Arena ...
- As part of their Tuesday Roll-Out feature, Ring of Honor has released their first AJ Styles t-shir...