WWE Raw Results – September 24, 2012
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with WWE Champion CM Punk and Paul Heyman in the ring. Punk is sitting in a chair while Heyman takes the mic. Heyman says this show is coming to a halt right now. Heyman says RAW won’t happen this evening until justice is served. Heyman shows us footage from last week where the referee made a bad count on Punk with his feet on the ropes.
Heyman says calls it a grand injustice on Punk’s title reign. Heyman calls out the referee from last week and refers to him by his name Brad Maddox. Heyman wants the man to tender his resignation live on RAW. Maddox makes his way out.
Jim Ross and Michael Cole are on commentary. Maddox speaks and admits he made a mistake. He says it was his first main event match and he was nervous. He says he should have checked the ropes and he feels terrible. Heyman applauds him for admitting his mistakes. Heyman wants him to resign. The crowd chants no. Maddox apologizes again but says that’s not appropriate. Punk interrupts him and he’s upset. Punk says Maddox should be ashamed. Punk says Maddox also embarrassed him on his own show. Punk asks him who he is and how did he get his job. Punk asks how Maddox pretends to be a man. Maddox says WWE needed more referees when RAW went to three hours. Heyman interrupts him and runs him down. Heyman hands him a sleep mask with the WWE and NFL logos on it. Punk brings up AJ Lee and out comes the RAW General Manager.
AJ thanks Maddox and sends him to the back. Heyman assumes she’s out here to reverse the decision from last week. AJ says Heyman makes an ass out of himself and her when he assumes. AJ says the referee made a mistake but she’s not going to let them come out here, berate an official and hold her show hostage. AJ asks Heyman who the hell he thinks he is. Punk says he’s the WWE Champion and the crowd boos. Punk says he’s the reason AJ has a job. He’s the reason the fans are here. Punk brings up his past with AJ and shows some footage of her proposing 2 months ago. Punk says that’s why there’s so much tension and that’s why she sent the referee to screw him. Punk says if she forgets the match happened then he will forget her showing up to RAW wearing his t-shirt and he will forget the hundreds of text messages she would send him. Punk asks if he’s embarrassing her. Punk tells AJ to let everyone know how intimate they were behind closed doors. Punk says he is the reason there’s a skip in her step. Punk wants AJ to tell everyone he’s the best in the world. Heyman and Punk have their own little conversation. Heyman says he’s got this.
The crowd chants for Punk now. Heyman takes the mic and drops to one knee in front of AJ. He asks her to marry him. Heyman promises her wildest fantasies of power will be realized. Heyman tells her to think of all the power couples they will trump. Punk smiles as Heyman goes on. Heyman says they will be the most influential couple in WWE history. Heyman says he can come up with all the ideas while AJ takes credit for his brilliance. Heyman says he likes them young, dumb, uninhibited and ambitious. Heyman smiles and holds his arms out, still on one knee. AJ smacks him to the mat and walks out of the ring, straight to the back. Punk helps Heyman up as JR calls him a slimeball.
- Still to come tonight, an exclusive interview with Jerry Lawler. We go to commercial.
- Brad Maddox is backstage with another referee when AJ walks up. Maddox promises he won’t make the same mistake again. AJ assures him it won’t because if it does, she will personally see to it that he never works in this business again. AJ says he embarrassed him when she put him in the main event and he made her look like an idiot. AJ looks crazy as she says this. Maddox apologizes some more and walks off. AJ snaps out of it and starts smiling.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston
Vickie Guerrero comes out and introduces Dolph Ziggler. Cole shows us a mini Twitter feud that Ziggler and Kingston had, apparently leading to this match. Out comes Kofi Kingston with R-Truth. Truth has a drink, some popcorn and Little Jimmy.
Vickie taunts Little Jimmy in his chair. Ziggler comes over and stops Truth from arguing with her. Kofi comes over and Truth’s drink gets thrown in Vickie’s face. A referee holds Ziggler back as Vickie screams her head off. Vickie and Truth are ejected from ringside by the referee. The bell rings and here we go. Kofi strikes first with kicks and hits a big uppercut on Ziggler. Kofi with a dropkick and a clothesline, sending Ziggler to the floor. Kofi runs the ropes and leaps out onto Ziggler as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they go at it. Kofi misses a splash in the corner and Ziggler hits an exploder suplex for a 2 count. Ziggler with a headlock now. They tangle and Ziggler drops him with a neckbreaker for another 2 count. Ziggler shows off and Kofi fights back. Ziggler cuts him off and hits a dropkick for another pin attempt. Kofi fights back and they trade shots now. Ziggler misses a splash in the corner. They trade right hands until Ziggler goes down twice. Kofi comes back with his usual moves and hits the Boom Drop. More back and forth. Kofi catches Ziggler with a kick in the corner. Kofi with a 2 count. Kofi hits a big crossbody coming out of the corner but Ziggler kicks out at 2. Ziggler kicks Kofi’s leg and leg drops the back of his head. Ziggler with a 2 count. Ziggler goes for the sleeper but it’s blocked. Kofi hits the SOS for a close 2 count. More back and forth and reversals. Kofi with another crossbody for a close count. Kofi goes for Trouble in Paradise but Ziggler ducks. Ziggler tosses Kofi upside down into the corner. Ziggler hits Zig Zag for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- We go ringside to JR and Cole. They talk about John Cena having elbow surgery last week. Cena is here live tonight and will speak about his future later. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a look back at Friday’s SmackDown with Kane and Daniel Bryan. Cole says Dr. Shelby introduced a new form of therapy earlier today. We go to a local restaurant and Shelby is eating with Bryan. Shelby has a role playing exercise for them to do. Kane walks over wearing an apron and he asks Bryan to take his order. Bryan laughs and Kane says this is stupid. Bryan orders a steamed vegetable player and a tag team partner that isn’t a 7 foot freak. Shelby says this isn’t Kane, this is Gerald – our friendly waiter. Kane talks about he attacked the cook earlier and put his beard in everyone’s food. Tonight’s #RAWactive is for fans to pick the team name for Kane and Bryan. The options will be revealed later. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Cole plugs tonight’s Social Media Ambassador – Criss Angel.
Darren Young and Titus O’Neil vs. Zack Ryder and Santino Marella
We got o the ring and Darren Young is dancing with Titus O’Neil. Out comes the team of Zack Ryder and Santino Marella.
Ryder starts off with Young and they go at it. Ryder with an early pin attempt. Ryder misses a crossbody and hits the ropes. Young drops an elbow and goes to a headlock. Santino comes in and fires away on Young. Santino with a suplex and a headbutt for a 2 count as Titus breaks it. Ryder comes in and hits Titus. Young throws Ryder into the steel post and he goes to the floor. Titus tags himself in as Santino pulls out the Cobra on Young. Titus stops him and hits a big sitdown powerbomb for the win.
Winners: Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
- Still to come tonight, an exclusive interview with Jerry Lawler.
- We see the closed dressing room door of a special guest. JR says it’s a WWE alumni. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and the announcers plug WWE’s new partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- We go to the ring and out comes Mick Foley for a special appearance.
Foley says he comes not as the Hardcore Legend but as a card carrying member of the WWE Universe. Foley talks about what he saw a year ago – the emergence of CM Punk. Foley says Punk inspired change but a year later what kind of change has he brought. Foley says the Punk he knew taught people to stand up for themselves and was a voice for the voiceless. Punk’s music hits and out he comes to interrupt.
Punk tells Foley not to come out here and grandstand to the fans. Punk tells him to say it to his face if he has something to say. Punk says respect and honesty would be appreciated. Punk tells Foley to admit why he’s really here, because he’s selling a new kids book. Foley says that’s not why he’s here. Foley says he congratulated Punk via text message last year when he won the WWE Title. Foley says two minutes later he got a thank you text from Punk. Foley says he’s deeply disturbed by Punk’s recent actions and his alignment with Paul Heyman. Punk stops and tells the crowd to show him some respect, calling them jerks. The crowd boos and apparently Punk is yelling at a particular fan. He tells the guy to come over so he can shove the mic down his throat. Punk is angry. He tells Foley he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Foley says he used to be a Paul Heyman guy but he didn’t become anyone in this business until he stopped listening to Heyman.
Foley says it seems like Heyman has been in Punk’s ear a lot longer than a month. Foley brings up Heyman’s reputation as a liar but says he never saw that side of him. Foley wonders why Punk, one of the best talkers ever, needs a mouthpiece. Foley says Punk needs to decide if he wants to be an inspiration or just another kool-aid drinker. Punk asks if we’re done yet. Foley brings up Hell in a Cell next. Foley talks about the match he had with Undertaker years ago. Foley says he earned respect that night. Punk says Foley just made a brilliant speech. Punk asks if he wants the old CM Punk back. Foley wants Punk to show he’s the best in the world by stepping into the Cell with John Cena. Punk asks if that’s what the fans want and they cheer. Punk brings up Bret Hart and John Cena’s recent speeches. Punk says he is nothing like Foley or Bret. Punk says Foley is beneath him. Punk says all he’s ever done is tell the truth. He doesn’t know how many times he has to beat Cena to prove he’s the best in the world. Punk says he does know that he doesn’t have to prove anything to the fans because they turned on him. Punk says Foley hurt himself for the fans. Punk won’t do that because he just wants to bring the fans to their knees. Punk say he can do that with a microphone. Punk brags about how many days he’s held the WWE Title. Foley says he held the title for 29 days the three time he had the belt. Foley says years later, nobody cares. Foley goes on and he’s fired up. He says he talked to AJ earlier tonight and she’s let him come out and extend this opportunity. Foley says Cena should be ready to go by Hell in a Cell and he’s here tonight. Foley says AJ is letting Punk make the decision himself but he will have to make it tonight in Cena’s face. Foley tells Punk to make the decision for himself, for Foley and for the fans. Foley tells Punk to have a nice day and leaves the ring as his music plays.
- Up next is The Miz vs. Ryback. We go to commercial.
The Miz vs. Ryback
Back from the break and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz for a non-title match. We get a look back at last week where Ryback destroyed MizTV. Ryback’s music hits and out he comes.
The bell rings and Miz goes to the corner and connects a cheap shot. Ryback charges and Miz unloads. Ryback drops him with a big right hand and takes him to the corner for shoulder thrusts. Ryback tosses Miz across the ring but runs into an elbow. Ryback catches Miz on his shoulder but Miz slides out. Ryback counters a neckbreaker with a big powerslam. Ryback slams his head on the mat now.
Miz goes to the floor and Ryback follows. Miz turns it around and whips him into the barrier. Miz charges but Ryback catches him and throws him in the ring. Miz catches him coming in and hits a big boot. Miz with another kick and a big DDT for 2. Ryback catches a kick and lifts Miz up into a big powerbomb. Ryback readies for a clothesline but a fan runs in the ring. Security and the referee tackle him. Ryback runs over Miz and lays him out with Shellshocked for the win.
- We go back to the local restaurant where Bryan and Kane are sitting down having lunch together now. Kane agrees with Bryan and says they can never be friends. Bran says that’s too bad because they destroyed 8 men on SmackDown. They talk about how good it was hearing them scream in pain after the chairshots. Kane starts beating on the table and Bryan yells yes a bunch. We see Mae Young sitting at the counter and she orders what they’re having.
- Still to come tonight, John Cena will speak.
- AJ is backstage with the WWE referees. She says other sports do instant replays but the WWE doesn’t and won’t. She says everyone makes mistakes and tells them to go do a good job. Alberto Del Rio, David Otunga and Ricardo Rodriguez walk in and apparently AJ asked to see him. She says all three of them are victim of the Brogue Kick and tonight they can get vengeance. She makes Sheamus, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. them.
Wade Barrett vs. Tyson Kidd
We go to the ring and out comes Wade Barrett. His opponent Tyson Kidd is already waiting in the ring.
Kidd starts the match with a dropkick and then ducks a clothesline. Kidd unloads on Barrett and covers for an early 2 count. Barrett stops Kidd with a big back kick to the gut and then runs him over with a clothesline. Barrett with knees to the head now. Barrett charges with a big kick and sends Kidd out to the floor. Barrett follows and slams Kidd back into the apron. Barrett brings Kidd back in the ring but runs his mouth to the fans. Barrett comes in but Kidd fights him. Kidd with a roll up for 2. Kidd charges but Barrett catches him in a big sidewalk slam. Barrett pulls Kidd back and nails The Souvenir elbow for the win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- Up next is the interview with Jerry Lawler. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Michael Cole is in the ring. He says we will attempt to go live to Jerry Lawler in a few minutes. Cole shows us a still from two weeks ago where Lawler collapsed. Cole talks about Lawler’s heart attack. A WWE doctor told him it’s a miracle that Lawler is so far along in his recovery. We go live to Memphis, Tennessee and see Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler as the crowd pops big. Lawler is sitting on his throne. Lawler still has a raspy voice from the breathing tube but says he feels a lot better than he should. Lawler says it’s great to be back with the WWE Universe on RAW.
Cole asks Lawler the last thing he remembers that night. Lawler talks about remembering the opening segment with Bret Hart. He doesn’t remember one bit of the tag match with Randy Orton. The next thing he remembers was waking up in a Montreal hospital. Lawler says the amount of support he has received from everyone has been unbelievable. Lawler thanks everyone from the bottom of his heart. Lawler says he is leaving his return up to the doctors and says as soon as they say he can return, he will. Cole ends the interview and the crowd pops for Lawler one more time as his music plays.
David Otunga, Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara
We go to the ring and out comes David Otunga for tonight’s six-man match. Ricardo Rodriguez comes out next and does the introduction for Alberto Del Rio. Ricardo is wearing his suit with no bow tie. Alberto comes in driving a vintage Rolls Royce. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Sin Cara followed by Rey Mysterio and the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. Sheamus makes his entrance and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus shoulder blocks Otunga off the apron. Rey leaps out on Del Rio as Cara takes out Ricardo on the floor. Sheamus brings Otunga back in and drops a big knee. Sheamus tags in Cara. Cara hits Otunga with kicks but Otunga drops him with a shoulder. Otunga tags in Ricardo. He runs into a boot and gets hit with an arm drag. Del Rio kicks Cara in the back and Ricardo attacks him from behind. Ricardo with a 1 count. Ricardo kicks Cara in the back and in comes Del Rio. Del Rio with a suplex for 2.
Cara fights back but Del Rio buts him off and gets another pin attempt. Del Rio tags in Ricardo and they double team Cara. Ricardo goes for Cara’s mask but gets kicked in the head. Cara with a big counter and takedown. Rey comes in as does Del Rio. Rey takes him down off the ropes and dropkicks his legs out. Rey with a kick to the face for 2. Del Rio ends up kicking Rey in the head while he’s on the top rope for another pin attempt. We see Darren Young and Titus O’Neil watching backstage. Otunga comes back in to continue the attack on Rey. Otunga slams Rey and tags back in Ricardo for some double teaming. Ricardo with another pin attempt. Rey kicks Ricardo away and Otunga tags back in. Otunga takes him to the corner and tags in Del Rio. Del Rio with a big enziguri in the corner for 2.
Del Rio keeps Rey grounded but he fights out and to his feet. Del Rio beats him back down. Rey counters a roll up and dropkicks Del Rio in the face. Rey tags in Sheamus as Otunga comes in. Sheamus runs him over and takes him to the corner for a shoulder thrust. Sheamus with a running knee to the face. Otunga blocks White Noise and a Brogue Kick. Otunga tags in Ricardo and he’s scared to come in. Sheamus pulls him in the ring. Ricardo tries to leave but Sheamus catches him on the apron and hits the forearms to the chest. Del Rio comes over for the save but Sheamus knocks him away and hits Ricardo again. Rey tags in and nails 619 on Ricardo. Del Rio grabs Rey from the apron but Rey sends him flying into the fan barrier. Cara tags in and splashes on Ricardo off the top for the win.
Winners: Sin Cara, Sheamus and Rey Mysterio
- After the match, the three celebrate until they notice Otunga trying to get up. He turns around to a big Brogue Kick from Sheamus as the crowd pops. Sheamus’ music hits as they celebrate some more and we go to replays.
- Still to come, John Cena will speak. Back to commercial.
- Another segment with Kane and Daniel Bryan at the local restaurant with Dr. Shelby. Shelby wants them to take a bite of each others food. Bryan bits into Kane’s meatball and Kane eats a piece of Bryan’s salad. Shelby asks how Kane feels and he burps in his face. Bryan says the meatball wasn’t as bad as he thought but starts convulsing and throws up in Shelby’s lap. Kane asks for the check and that’s it.
- Cole is at ringside. He says it’s time to vote for the new name of Kane and Daniel Bryan’s tag team. The options are #teamteamwork for Team Teamwork, #teamhellno for Team Hell No and #teamfriendhship for Team Friendship. Back to commercial.
- Back from commercial and out comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan. His partner Kane is out next. Cole is in the ring and he reveals their name to be Team Hell No. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow attack from behind and lay the champions out. Sandow says they did this to themselves. Cody introduces them as the next WWE Tag Team Champions, dubbing them Team Rhodes Scholars. Sandow says now they have a reason to be angry and they’re welcome.
- We get a look back at earlier tonight where Paul Heyman proposed to AJ Lee. We also see Mick Foley’s promo with CM Punk from earlier tonight. Still to come tonight, John Cena will speak. Back to commercial.
Layla and Alicia Fox vs. Eve Torres and Beth Phoenix
Back from the break and out comes Layla with her partner Alicia Fox. Out next comes WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres with her partner Beth Phoenix.
Layla starts off with Beth and kicks her in the gut. Layla with a shot out of the corner for a quick 2 count. Layla drops Beth on her face and in comes Alicia. Alicia with offense and a dropkick. Beth turns it around in the corner but gets rolled up for 2. Fox fights her off but gets caught in a big slam. Beth stomps on her and hits a slingshot suplex as Eve tags herself in. Eve knocks Layla off the apron and hits a neckbreaker on Alicia for the win.
Winners: Eve and Beth Phoenix
- After the match, Beth looks upset with Eve. Kaitlyn comes out on a crutch. She has the security footage from Night of Champions when she was attacked. Kaitlyn says she couldn’t see the attackers face but did see her hair. Kaitlyn says she was attacked by a blonde. Eve points at Beth and accuses her of attacking Kaitlyn. Beth says it wasn’t her and she would never do such a thing. Beth turns around and Eve kicks her in the gut. Eve drops Beth with a neckbreaker as Kaitlyn looks on.
- We see John Cena backstage talking to someone. Back to commercial.
Brodus Clay vs. Tensai
Back from the break and out comes Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi. Out next comes Tensai without Sakomoto tonight.
The bell rings and they lock up, going to the ropes and finally breaking. Tensai strikes first with an uppercut. Tensai with headbutts in the corner now. Tensai charges with a big splash and another right hand. Tensai runs and Clay drops him with a headbutt. Clay with a splash in the corner. Clay barely hits an overhead throw and then misses the splash. Tensai goes for his splash but Clay moves. Big Show’s music hits and out he comes.
Show steps on the apron and drops Tensai with a right hand, knocking him out for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Tensai
- Show enters the ring and Clay gets pumped up. Clay charges but Show drops him with another knockout punch. Show leaves Tensai and Clay laying in the ring as he heads to the back and we get replays.
- Up next, John Cena will speak. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes John Cena with his arm in a sling.
Cena says as always, there are mixed emotions about him being here tonight. Cena says he wasn’t supposed to be here but with his future in question, he wanted to come and say thank you personally. Cena takes his hat off and thanks the fans for their support of the Rise Against Cancer campaign. Cena says WWE has had an unbelievable response and the folks at Susan G. Komen can’t believe it. Cena says never doubt the WWE Universe because they are a very powerful group of people. Cena then thanks the fans for their support with his injury.
Cena says he came here to apologize. First he apologizes to referees Chad Patton and Brad Maddox. He apologizes for CM Punk next. Cena goes on and flips out on Punk, threatening to chin check him. Cena says it sucks being on the bench. He doesn’t guarantee his recovery but guarantees he will walk into Hell in a Cell. Punk’s music hits and out he comes with Paul Heyman.
Punk comes out and cuts a promo on Cena. Punk says he will not be facing Cena at Hell in a Cell. Punk goes on and gives Cena some advice – run. Punk tells Cena to run right now while he can. Punk says he’s going to turn his back, count to 5 and when he turns around, if he sees Cena in his pink hat and his pink shirt, he’s going to hurt him. Punk says he commands respect. Punk turns around and starts counting. Heyman turns around with him and raises the WWE Title. Cena pulls out a lead pipe. Punk turns around and Cena hits him in the gut with it. Heyman escapes the ring and now Punk crawls out. Cena says real men wear pink. Cena says he hopes to see Punk at Hell in a Cell. Cena’s music hits as he holds up the pipe. Cena says that’s what he calls a pipebomb. Punk flees to the stage with the WWE Title. Punk runs off to the back as Cena hands the pipe off to a fan behind Cole in the crowd. Cena greets fans at ringside. We see Punk walking backstage. He walks past Mick Foley and they lock eyes. Punk stops and turns around. He kicks Foley in the gut and knocks him to the floor. Punk keeps walking but stops again. He turns around and stops scared. We see Ryback standing there. Ryback stares Punk down as RAW goes off the air.
- Daniel Bryan tweeted the following photo from his honeymoon: Just got back from our off-grid ho...
- Jim Ross was asked in his latest Q&A update on how he would book Brock Lesnar now that Lesnar has ...
- Daniel Bryan & The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family is being locally advertised for the May 27 Smackdow...
- People within WWE are said to be "incredibly amused" by TNA putting their World Heavyweight Title ...
- Hulk Hogan filmed several hours of interviews at WWE's studios in Stamford earlier this week. The ...