WWE Raw Supershow Results – October 10, 2011
- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow kicks off with a video package showing what happened last week with the 55 Superstars, referees and crew members walking out on Triple H.
- We go to the arena and there are no announcers sitting at the table. No music plays and fans are waiting around cheering. A camera cuts backstage and the halls look pretty empty besides a few staff members. We see Triple H walk out of his dressing room and look around. He smiles and walks towards the ring as the crowd cheers. Finally his entrance music hits and out Triple H comes to a pop from the crowd.
Triple H says he showed up and the fans showed up. He talks about everyone walking out last week and the crowd boos. Triple H says he never thought he would see it but everyone walked out on Monday Night RAW and walked out on the fans. He talks about them in the parking lot holding a solidarity rally and mocks them for whining about working conditions. Triple H says they all have their wrestling gear but none of them will step into the building to perform for the fans, unless he steps down.
Triple H asks the fans what should he do. Should he walk away? Should he quit? The fans say no. Triple H says maybe he should go but he’s never been a quitter – it’s just not in him. Triple H gets hyped and says he won’t give in. He says everyone in the parking lot can pucker up real nice and kiss his ass. He doesn’t care if he has to take off his suit and wrestle a broomstick fo 2 hours, he will. He’s wrestled most of the guys in the parking lot and the broomstick would give him a better match than some. Triple H says he is giving the fans a show tonight and the crowd pops. John Cena’s music hits and out he comes.
Cena tells the camera it’s about to get serious and hits the ring to some boo’s from the crowd. Cena says there’s a reason he wasn’t involved in the walkout last week. Same reason he hasn’t addressed the press or fans online. Cena says a lot of people think the 55 Superstars would be stronger if he was added to the list. Cena says all 55 of them has contacted him personally and asked him to join them. Cena says Triple H hasn’t even reached out to him. Cena goes on and talks about working for Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff, calling them two of the most humble guys ever. He talks about working for Vickie Guerrero, RAW guest hosts, an anonymous General Manager and Mike Adamle. Cena isn’t here to tell Triple H he’s his best friend, he’s here to tell him he’s his boss and he is staying. Cena loves WWE and loves the unsafe work place. He is staying because the word loyalty on his sleeve is a principle, not a word. Cena says his loyalty lies in our living rooms and with each one of the fans here – whether they love him or hate him. Come hell or high water, John Cena stays on RAW, he says. The music of Sheamus hits and out he comes to a pop.
Sheamus comes out and talks about his past with Triple H. He was trying to make a name for himself by taking Triple H out, he says. He says Triple H didn’t file a lawsuit or anything – he came back and gave him an ass whooping. Sheamus says they both know it would be different today, but he has a lot of respect for Triple H. Sheamus says lately he has tried to stick to the same principles Triple H has. He won’t take part in some parking lot shenanigans and sit out there with the losers. He left his family and came thousands of miles to be a part of RAW. CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes to another big pop.
Punk says he feels like he’s responsible for this. He’s been at the center of everything controversial and made walking out cool. He says those in the parking lot understand what he was trying to do. But his contract expired, he didn’t walk out. He was trying to prove something to an entire company, not one man. Punk talks about his recent troubles with Triple H and Kevin Nash, picking on how slow Nash moves. Punk says this industry is based on men solving their differences in the ring. Punk says he thrives on unsafe working conditions. This is professional wrestling, not ballet. Punk goes on and says here he is but asks what do they do now? Triple H says we do what we do on RAW – we shut up and fight. Triple H announces Sheamus vs. John Cena with himself as the special referee. Triple H tells Punk he can do commentary and say anything he’d like. Punk asks if he can wear Triple H’s blazer and he says yes. Punk says he’s in and puts on Triple H’s jacket before going to commentary. Triple H asks him to ring the bell and says it will be double pay. Punk rings the bell and kicks off commentary.
Sheamus vs. John Cena
Crew members remove the speakers from the RAW as Sheamus and Cena lock up. They go back and forth before we take a commercial break.
Back from the break and Sheamus blocks the Attitude Adjustment for a 2 count. Punk is sitting indian style in an announcer’s chair and Triple H is refereeing in his slacks and button-up. Vince McMahon’s music hits and out Vince comes to a pop from the surprised crowd.
Vince apologizes for interrupting the match and says he got here as soon as he could. He asks Sheamus and Cena to leave the ring so he can have a word with his son-in-law. He thanks them for standing up for what they believed in and asks Punk to leave commentary. He thanks them again for showing up and standing up for what they believe in. Vince says the people protesting on Wall Street are standing up for what they believe in and so is Triple H. Vince says he believes in Triple H and his management style. Vince says watching RAW from home has been a hoot. He has enjoyed how RAW has been lately. Unfortunately, there are people in the parking lot who haven’t. Vince says the Board of Directors are sympathizing with the 55 talents. He met with them late this afternoon and they are worried that the walkout may spiral out of control and don’t know where it’s going. Vince says it could lead to a cancellation of live events, no pay-per-views, no WrestleMania and maybe no RAW. The Board is worried about a financial catastrophe and they’re not willing to take that chance. Vince says he felt it was his duty to come tell Triple H tonight that on behalf of the Board of Directors, his services of running RAW are no longer needed. The crowd boo’s.
Vince says no member of the McMahon family will be running RAW. The Board wants someone independent, someone with morals. Until they find that person, they have found an interim manager to run RAW and that person is John Laurinaitis. The crowd boo’s and Vince acts as if he doesn’t like the news either. Laurinaitis comes walking out to heat from the crowd. He stops on the stage and stares at Triple H in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from commercial and we see John Laurinaitis backstage shaking hands with the 55 talents as they re-enter the building. Morrison stops and says he should have been careful what he wished for because Laurinaitis sucks. Laurinaitis tells him not to change and go straight to the ring for a match. Christian comes in next and says this is the best decision the Board of Directors has made. We should get rid of the interim title and make Laurinaitis the permanent GM. Laurinaitis tells Christian to go face Morrison now in the ring and Christian is going to bring some of his friends with him.
- Back to the arena where Jim Ross makes his way out to a nice reaction from the crowd. Jerry Lawler is out next followed by Michael Cole. Cole comes out running his mouth taking credit for everything.
John Morrison vs. Christian
John Morrison comes out in his street clothes and out next comes Christian in the same. WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes, United States Champion Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger come out with him.
The bell rings and they go at it. Morrison has control eaely on but Christian fights back. Christian goes up top and Morrison meets him with right hands. Morrison back drops Christian to the mat and goes for Starship Pain but lands on his feet. Dolph and Swagger distract him, allowing Christian to hit the spear for the win.
- After the match, the other Superstars enter the ring. Ziggler hits the Zig Zag, Rhodes hits Cross Rhodes and Swagger lands a big Dr. Bomb on Morrison. They stand over him and pose as Christian’s music hits.
- Laurinaitis has just signed Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton for tonight. The World Heavyweight Champion makes his way out to the ring as we take a commercial break.
- Back from the break and Laurinaitis is backstage on the phone with his wife, asking her how he looked. Triple H walks up and he’s pissed. Laurinaitis says he didn’t want the job – the Board appointed him. Laurinaitis says he is as loyal as they come and is willing to make sacrifices for WWE. He says it’s in his blood and he loves WWE. Triple H asks him if he’s ever tried to pick up his teeth with a bunch of broken fingers and walks off.
- We go back to the ring where Mark Henry has a mic. Henry says he doesn’t back down from anyone as long as they’re the #1 contender. He says Big Show wasn’t the #1 contender and shows footage of Show returning on SmackDown, asking for a World Title shot, then the brawl at the end of the show where Show destroyed Henry. Henry says he took all that and he’s still here. Henry says at Vengeance – vengeance will be his. Randy Orton’s voice comes over the speakers and says Henry is wrong, vengeance is his. Out comes Orton to a big pop.
Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton
Back from a commercial and the match is in progress. Orton connects with a nice dropkick and stomps away on Henry. Orton goes for a big knee drop and Henry moves. Henry hits some headbutts and drops Orton on the turnbuckles. Henry hits Orton with right hands and knocks him out to the floor. Henry brings it back in the ring and continues the assault. Henry with a big powerslam for 2.
Henry misses a sit-down splash and Orton goes to work. Orton with a big clothesline. Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT and nails it. Orton waits for the RKO but Cody Rhodes rushes the ring. Orton sends him back out. Henry goes for the World’s Strongest Slam but Orton counters with the RKO. Orton covers for the win but Cody comes back in for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
- After the bell, Cody continues the attack on Orton. Orton turns it around with a clothesline and a powerslam. Orton goes for an RKO but Cody pushes him into Henry, who connects with a World’s Strongest Slam. Henry realizes he lost and gets pissed, hitting another WSS on Orton as Cody looks on from ringside. Henry grabs his title and leaves as the crowd boos him and Orton lays in the ring. Cody slides back in the ring and hits Cross Rhodes. He calls out his brown bagger to bring him a paper bag. Cody places the bag over Orton’s head and takes the mic. Cody taunts Orton and asks him if he would like a receipt for his paper bag. Cody laughs like a crazy man before walking off with his assistant.
- Still to come tonight, CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio. Back to commercial.
Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres vs. Tamina and Rosa Mendes
Back from the break and the four Divas are in the ring. Rosa and Kelly start things off. Rosa shoves her. Kelly fires back and takes the fight to the corner, beating Rosa down. Kelly botches the back elbow in the corner. Tamina eventually comes in and Kelly continues her attack. Tamina beats her down and drops a knee drop. Tamina misses a splash and Kelly tags in Eve. Tamina meets her on the apron. Eve counters and takes her down with a clothesline. There’s botches and Divas everywhere. It comes down to Eve hitting the moonsault on Tamina from the top for the win.
Winners: Kelly Kelly and Eve
- After the match, we see Natalya and Divas Champion Beth Phoenix backstage watching on a monitor. John Laurinaitis comes out to the ring as the Divas exit. Laurinaitis takes the mic and asks for some respect. He says he’s a little nervous. His first order of business is that Alberto Del Rio will defend the WWE Title against John Cena at Vengeance. Laurinaitis says he has ehtics and morals. He asks Jim Ross to take off his headset and come in the ring.
Laurinaitis says Ross walked out on the WWE fans and the state of Oklahoma. Laurinaitis calls him a redneck Oklahoman ingrate. Laurinaitis fires Ross. They both leave the ring as the crowd boos. Ross goes to the announcers table, shakes Lawler’s hand and walks off as Michael Cole starts ranting. Cole stands up and declares this greatest night in the history of RAW. Ross salutes the fans before heading backstage as we go to commercial.
Mason Ryan and Air Boom vs. David Otunga, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and out comes Mason Ryan first and he’s fired up. Out next come his partners, the WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne. Out next comes the team of United States Champion Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and David Otunga, led by Vickie Guerrero.
Ziggler and Bourne start things off going at it. Bourne drops Ziggler with a kick to the face and tags in Kofi for some double teaming. Kofi with a 2 count. Ziggler takes more offense and rolls out to the floor for a break. Mason Ryan picks him up and throws him back in the ring on his head. Dolph argues with Mason. Kofi clotheslines him out to the floor, allowing Bourne to leap from the top rope and land on him. We go to commercial with everyone arguing at ringside.
Back from the break and Kofi is in control of Swagger. Mason comes in on a tag and slams Swagger into the corner, then brings him back and slams him into the other corner. Mason ties him upside down in the corner and tags in Kofi. Kofi and Bourne dropkick Swagger while he’s upside down. Swagger runs into a big boot in the corner but pushes Kofi off the top rope and out to the floor. Otunga gets a tag and wails away on Kofi with forearm shots. Otunga with a suplex for a 2 count. Dolph comes back in to continue the beatdown on Kofi.
Kofi backslides Dolph for a 2 count. Dolph comes right back with a dropkick for a pin attempt of his own. Kofi fights off Dolph and Swagger who comes in. Mason and Dolph get tags again. Ryan runs over Dolph and clotheslines him in the corner. Mason with a spear in the corner and a big boot for a 2 count as Otunga breaks it up. Kofi takes out Otunga. Swagger takes out Kofi and then drops Bourne on his face. Mason clotheslines Swagger out and eventually pins Ziggler for the win.
Winners: Mason Ryan and Air Boom
- After the match, the referee and Kofi check on Bourne, who is hurting after the drop from Swagger.
- Cole and Lawler talk about the WWE Network, debuting sometime in 2012. They plug the poll on WWE’s website to name the first new show on the network, based on WrestleMania. Still to come, Punk vs. Del Rio. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get another vignette for Brodus Clay – WWE’s resident juggernaut. Cole leads us into a trailer for John Cena’s new movie The Reunion.
Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk
We go to the ring where Ricardo Rodriguez begins to introduce Alberto Del Rio. The WWE Champion enters the arena in a BMW convertible and makes his way to the ring, taking his time. We go to commercial waiting on Del Rio to finish his entrance.
Back from the break and out comes CM Punk. The bell rings and they lock up, going to the corner. They lock up again and Punk applies a headlock. Punk with a shoulder block, sending Del Rio to the mat. Punk goes on with a series of kicks and kicks Del Rio down in the corner and stomps away as the referee backs him off. Del Rio rolls out to the floor to catch his breath. Del Rio comes back in and kicks Punk down, then dropkicks him in the back of the head for a 2 count. More back and forth. Punk with a neckbreaker and a pin attempt. Punk applies a scissors as Del Rio tries to break free. Punk hits him with elbow shows to the face and covers for another 2 count.
Del Rio tosses Punk out to the floor. John Laurinaitis comes to the stage and orders the match to be stopped. He announces a tag match instead – Punk and Del Rio vs. two men he has re-instated. Out come The Miz and R-Truth. Miz says they are back and they head to the ring as Truth starts rapping “You Suck.” Back to commercial.
The Miz and R-Truth vs. CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio
Back from the break and Del Rio is going at it with Truth. Del Rio kicks Miz off the apron and taunts him, allowing Truth to make a comeback from behind. Truth beats Del Rio down with several right hands and the referee has to stop him. Truth tags in Miz. Miz comes in with knees to the head. Del Rio counters him with a kick to the mouth and a low dropkick for a 2 count.
Punk comes in and continues the attack on Miz. Punk with a pair of 2 counts. Truth comes back in but Punk takes him down and mounts him with right hands. Del Rio comes back in with a 2 count on Truth. Miz makes his way in and turns things around, sending Del Rio to the floor. Del Rio is helped away from the ring by Ricardo as Punk looks on from the apron. Punk comes in and fights by himself now. Truth and Miz take turns beating Punk down as the crowd chants his name.
Punk finally fights them both off and sends Truth to the floor. Miz catches the high knee in the corner and then the bulldog. Punk hits the big elbow from the top and then goes for GTS. Truth makes the save and they beat Punk down, causing the DQ.
Winner by DQ: CM Punk
- After the bell, Truth and Miz continue the beatdown on Punk. Triple H runs out to make the save. Punk comes to and joins in on taking out Miz and Truth. Triple H beats Miz around the ring while Punk works over Truth. Truth goes running through the crowd as Miz runs off the other way. Punk and Triple H return to the ring and pose for the fans. We see David Otunga and John Laurinaitis watching backstage. Laurinaitis is going to get the Board to make Triple H and CM Punk vs. The Miz and R-Truth at Vengeance. RAW goes off the air with Punk and Triple H posing in the ring.
On the February 24the edition of RAW, WWE ran an injury angle for John Cena with him being stretcher...
The Usos make history on Raw by finally realizing their dream of becoming WWE Tag Team Champions. ...
Check out the full content listing for WWE's "The Best of RAW – After The Show" DVD and Blu-ray th...
- WWE's website features a new article up asking fans who was their favorite tag team partner for Bi...
Jake, Scott and DDP all descend upon New Orleans for an Epic weekend. ...