WWE Raw Supershow Results – October 3, 2011
- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow kicks off with Michael Cole welcoming us to the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana. Cole is joined by Booker T and Jim Ross on commentary as Jerry Lawler is still dealing with injuries. Tonight’s twelve-man main event is hyped.
- We go to the ring and out first comes Randy Orton to kick things off.
Randy Orton vs. Drew McIntyre
Orton’s opponent Drew McIntyre waits in the ring as he makes his entrance. The bell rings and they lock up, going to the corner before being broke up. Drew strikes next but Orton counters and takes him down. Orton works over Drew now with uppercuts and a dropkick, sending him out to the floor. Orton tosses Drew into the fan barrier twice before bringing it back in the ring.
Drew eventually knocks Orton down with a big boot to the head and mounts him with right hands. Drew stomps on Orton and suplexes him for a 2 count. More back and forth. Drew with a big boot out of the corner and another 2 count. Drew with a chinlock now. Orton fights out with headbutts but Drew drops him with a neckbreaker for another pin attempt. Drew goes to the top rope but Orton puts his feet up when he comes down. Orton with a pair of clotheslines and a power slam.
Orton takes Drew to the apron and hits the second-rope draping DDT. Orton waits for Drew to get up and hits the RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- After the match, Orton poses in the corner and sees Drew McIntyre getting to his knees. Orton hits Drew with another RKO before going back to the corner. Mark Henry’s music hits and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion.
Henry marches down to ringside, stops and stares at Orton. Henry holds up the World Heavyweight Title. Orton comes out of the ring and they start brawling. Henry dazes Orton with a headbutt as security runs down to break things up. John Laurinaitis is also out. Henry breaks free fro security and attacks Orton. Orton breaks free this time and leaps on Orton. Security manages to break the fight up again but Orton runs back over and dumps Henry over the fan barrier and onto the concrete. Security backs Orton up the ramp as RAW goes to commercial.
- Back from the commercial and Mark Henry is pacing around the ring. The announcers lead us into a video package for Henry’s Hall of Pain, showing the several Superstars he’s beaten up over the past few months, focusing on how he took out Big Show. It’s announced that Big Show will make his return on this Friday’s SmackDown.
John Morrison vs. Mark Henry
John Morrison makes his way out to face the World Champion. Henry overpowers Morrison early and beats him up, tossing him into the corner. Henry tosses Morrison again but he lands on his feet. Morrison charges but Henry just drops him again. Henry continues the attack on Morrison, who is celebrating a birthday today. Morrison slides out of the World’s Strongest Slam and unloads with kicks. Henry goes down after a kick to the head. Morrison goes for Starship Pain and hits it for a 2 count.
Henry nails a big boot and eventually hits the World’s Strongest Slam for the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
- After the match, Henry isn’t satisfied and picks up Morrison for another World’s Strongest Slam. Henry takes the mic and tells Morrison now he knows what it’s like to be in the ring with a beast, so does Randy Orton. Henry says if Orton is listening, he’s done with him. Henry talks about Big Show returning on SmackDown and will be looking for him. Henry says he isn’t hard to find. Henry says it will be the shortest WWE return in history because once again, Big Show will enter the Hall of Pain. Henry drops the mic and heads to the back as we go to replays.
- We see David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Vickie Guerrero, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio backstage with John Laurinaitis. They’re frustrated and Vickie tells them to follow her to the ring so they can make their case public. They all walk off and Laurinaitis begins to text someone on his phone. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and in the ring is David Otunga Vickie Guerrero, United States Champion Dolph Ziggler, Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger and Christian. Justin Roberts introduces the new WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio and out he comes to the ring. Del Rio takes the mic and says he got rid of John Cena and beat CM Punk last night but couldn’t celebrate his victory because The Miz and R-Truth, who were supposed to be fired, jumped the rail and attacked him. Del Rio says it’s Triple H’s fault because he can’t run the company.
Del Rio talks about the Cell bring raised and lowered last night and says only one man has the power to play like that – Triple H. The crowd chants “you suck” at Del Rio. Christian speaks next and says ever since Triple H has taken over, RAW has become an unsafe place to work. Christian says everyone agrees with him when he says he’s not going to take it anymore. Cody speaks and blames it all on Triple H’s enormous ego. Ziggler takes the mic next and says Triple H’s actions have gone unsupervised long enough and they’re going to take action themselves. Swagger says thanks to Triple H, his family is worried for him every time he steps into the ring on RAW. Vickie asks everyone to excuse her and they boo her like crazy, way more than anyone else. As a woman, she feels more vulnerable with Triple H in charge. Otunga says when he studied at Harvard, he worked on cases specific to this situation. Otunga talks about them all banding together and taking legal action. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes.
Triple H speaks from the stage and asks what happened to this place, what happened to WWE? He says there used to be a time when men stood in the ring and fought. It didn’t matter what happened, they picked themselves up and fought. He says they didn’t stand there and cry or threaten lawsuits. They fought like men. Triple H says he doesn’t care about their lawsuit or The Miz and R-Truth’s lawsuit. He talks about the twelve-man main event tonight. Triple H says he wants the six in the ring now to do what everyone wants them to do tonight – shut up and fight. Triple H’s music hits and he walks off.
- JR says we have exclusive footage from the end of Hell in a Cell still to come tonight. Back to commercial.
Eve Torres and Kelly Kelly vs. Natalya and Beth Phoenix
Back from the break and we see stills from the Divas match at Hell in a Cell. Out first comes the team of Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres. Out next comes Natalya and the new WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix.
Beth and Kelly start things off. Beth strikes first and throws Kelly out to the floor. Beth comes out and Kelly slams her face repeatedly into the announcer’s table. Natalya runs over but Kelly pushes her down and continues wailing away on Beth. Eve runs over to deal with Natalya as Kelly goes crazy on Beth and the referee calls for the bell.
Winners by DQ: Natalya and Beth Phoenix
- After the bell, Kelly continues to go crazy on Beth and slams her head back into the announcer’s table twice. Eve and a referee finally get Kelly off the Divas Champion. Kelly screams some more as they pull her away.
- We see Triple H backstage on the phone. Laurinaitis walks in. Laurinaitis apologizes for Truth and Miz crashing Hell in a Cell. He wants an apology from Triple H though. Laurinaitis reminds him that he punched him last night during all of the chaos. Laurinaitis says the locker room is in an uproar and Triple H needs to ask them how they think he’s doing his job. Laurinaitis asks if Triple H can look the talents in the eye and hear their answers. Laurinaitis asks if Triple H is scared. Triple H grabs him by his tie and tells Laurinaitis to get everyone in the ring, and to make sure he’s there too. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Cole leads us into a deleted scene from Fast Five with The Rock to promote the DVD and Blu-ray release tomorrow.
Jinder Mahal vs. Santino Marella
We go to the ring and Jinder Mahal is trying to cut a promo. Santino Marella’s music hits and out he comes making his return. Santino’s hair is a bit longer and he looks a little bit smaller. Santino and Mahal go back and forth on the mic before the bell. Mahal strikes first and hits Santino with knees to the gut before tossing him into the corner. Mahal charges with a knee but Santino moves out of the way. Santino hits the Cobra for the pin and the quick win.
Winner: Santino Marella
- More hype for tonight’s twelve-man main event before we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a vignette for Brodus Clay.
- The announcers lead us into a video with footage of the Hell in a Cell ending where The Miz and R-Truth rushed the Cell and beat down John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk and the referees, then everything that happened next. Cole shows us a video from Truth and Miz on YouTube where they apologized to the WWE Universe earlier today. They also announce that they’re suing WWE and filing assault charges on Triple H.
CM Punk, John Cena, Mason Ryan, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston and Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Christian, Cody Rhodes and David Otunga
We go to the ring and out first comes CM Punk followed by John Cena. We go to commercial as Cena does his entrance. Back from the break and everyone is in the ring as the bell rings. It’s Cena and Christian starting things off. Cena fires away with right hands and a big back drop. Otunga comes in and Cena hits right hands and a splash in the corner. Cena with a clothesline and Otunga crawls to tag in Ziggler.
Cena tags in Mason Ryan. Ziggler gets in his face and slaps him. Mason levels Ziggler with two big right hands and knocks Swagger off the apron. Ryan presses Ziggler over the top rope and down onto Ziggler and the floor. The six Superstars tend to Ziggler to buy some time. Swagger distracts Mason, allowing Ziggler to attack from behind. Mason catches Ziggler in mid-air and hits a huge standing powerslam for a 2 count. Sheamus comes in and continues the attack on Ziggler until he tags in Swagger. Swagger takes Sheamus to the corner with right hands. Sheamus fights out and beats Swagger around with forearm shots. Sheamus unloads on Swagger in the corner but runs into a back elbow. Swagger goes for the knee and kicks Sheamus in the head. Sheamus connects with a backbreaker for another 2 count.
Punk comes in next as the crowd pops. He slams Swagger and goes to the top rope. Cody comes in off a tag and Punk steps down from the top. They lock up and Punk takes Cody down with a headlock. Cody with a shoulder thrust in the corner nad now he beats Punk down and stomps away. Cody turns things around and works on Punk’s shoulder now. Punk hits a leg lariat and then the high knee in the corner, then the bulldog. Punk goes for the GTS but drops Cody and all twelve Superstars standoff in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cody is going at it with Kofi. Cody with a big kick to the face and a 2 count. Del Rio comes in off a tag now and takes Kofi down. Del Rio with a dropkick to the back of the head for a 2 count. Christian gets the tag and continues the assault on Kofi. Christian hits a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Kofi starts to fight back but Christian elbows him back to the mat. Swagger comes in after some cheap shots on Kofi and then tags Ziggler back in. Ziggler lands a dropkick for another pin attempt. Ziggler with a submission on the arm as Vickie yells from ringside. Swagger puts a submission on Kofi’s arm and tags in Cody for some double teaming. Cody tosses Kofi out to the floor and Swagger stomps him while the referee isn’t looking. Christian comes in and stops Kofi from tagging with a clothesline to the back of the head. The referee is distracted again, allowing more cheap shots on Kofi. More tags and Ziggler comes back in. Ziggler goes for a big elbow drop but Kofi moves. Dolph stops Kofi from tagging again and tags Otunga in.
Otunga works over Kofi before Ziggler comes back in. Bourne and Swagger get tagged at the same time. Bourne hits some kicks on Swagger and goes to the top. He fights Christian off and counters Swagger. Bourne hits a big knee to the jaw and then goes back up top, hitting Air Bourne on Swagger. Bourne covers for the pin but Vickie puts Swagger’s foot on the bottom rope. The referee stops the pin but orders Vickie away from ringside. RAW goes to commercial with the twelve Superstars facing off on the floor as Vickie screams her way to the back.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control of Bourne. Christian comes in to keep it up. Christian stands on Bourne and the ropes, then leaps over and hits him with a right hand from the floor. 2 count for Christian. Christian with a submission now. Del Rio is tagged back in and drops Bourne hard with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for 2. Del Rio with a series of right hands on Bourne now. Del Rio charges in the corner but Bourne kicks him. Bourne with a tornado DDT and both go down. Cena comes in off a tag and hits shoulder blocks on Del Rio, then the big back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Del Rio and goes for the Attitude Adjustment. Del Rio counters with an armbreaker and a kick to the head. Swagger is tagged in and stomps away on Cena in their corner. Cody comes in and continues the assault.
Del Rio comes back in and kicks Cena around, then covers him for a 2 count. Del Rio with a headlock now. Swagger comes back in and beats Cena around, whipping him hard into the corners. Swagger hits a Swagger Bomb from the second rope for a 2 count. Swagger eventually misses another Swagger Bomb and Cena tags in Sheamus. Ziggler comes in but Sheamus runs over him. Sheamus hits a big knee and goes to the top rope. Christian blocks him and Del Rio shoves him off the top and to the mat. Ziggler hits a Zig Zag but Sheamus kicks out at 2. Sheamus turns around to a spear from Christian. Bourne and Cody go at it. Cody hits Cross Rhodes. Mason comes in and lifts Cody up but gets knocked out of the ring by Swagger and Rhodes. Del Rio takes out Kofi. Punk hits GTS on Del Rio but Otunga drops Punk with a neckbreaker. Cena hits the AA on Otunga but Ziggler takes him out. Finally, Sheamus hits a Brogue kick on Ziggler for the win.
Winners: CM Punk, John Cena, Mason Ryan, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston and Sheamus
- The six Superstars pose in the ring as we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the entire WWE roster, including referees, make their way out to surround the ring. Jerry Lawler comes out, making a surprise appearance, as we go to commercial.
Back from commercial again and the ring is surrounded by the WWE Superstars. Triple H’s music hits next and out he comes. Triple H says everyone is going to get a chance to share their thoughts on how he’s doing his job. He says he was given this job and didn’t ask for it. Triple H talks about The Miz and R-Truth. He’s upset that they couldn’t take their punishment. Triple H says he’s old school and loves to watch people beat the hell out of each other. Triple H talks about how it’s the WWE Universe they work for and really the fans who sign their paychecks. Wade Barrett tries to speak but Triple H tells him to hold on. Triple H says it’s his responsibility to make sure RAW is the best it can be for the fans.
Triple H is anxious to hear some feedback now. Barrett speaks and says he’s been chosen by his colleagues to share some grievances. He says Triple H has created an unsafe working environment for them. Barrett says they all came WWE to compete and because they are professionals. Barrett says they shouldn’t be subjected to things like parking lot beatdowns because Triple H can’t do his job. Barrett blames all the chaos on Triple H and says he’s completely out of control. Triple H reminds everyone that Barrett led Nexus when they terrorized WWE months ago. Triple H says Barrett has a problem with the chaos because he’s not the one causing it.
Referee Mike Chioda speaks next and says he’s never seen referees take this much abuse in WWE. He namedrops some of the referees and says he’s afraid to come to work. Beth Phoenix speaks up next and says she’s speaking on behalf of the Divas. They’re afraid something might happen to them, and something intentional. Triple H tells her to name one thing that has happened to the Divas since he’s been in charge. She says it could happen. Jerry Lawler wants to speak next and he’s in the ring. Lawler says he’s speaking for himself only right now. Lawler says he agrees with some of the grievances but not all. He agrees that the show is spiraling out of control and the crowd boos.
Lawler doesn’t agree that it’s Triple H’s fault. Lawler agrees with what CM Punk has said before – that someone is behind the scenes trying to sabotage Triple H’s job as COO. Lawler says the problem is that everyone else is paying the price for it. Lawler says someone doesn’t want Triple H running the company and as long as he is, it’s only going to get worse. Christian says let’s have a vote of confidence right now. He says on behalf of him and his colleagues, they vote no confidence. The referees also have no confidence. Same with the Divas. Lawler adds that he has no confidence. Lawler says actions speak louder than words and he’s walking out. Lawler makes his way out of the ring as Triple H looks on. The rest of the locker room begins to leave the ringside area also as the crowd chants Triple H’s name.
Michael Cole gets up after most of the Superstars leave and he too is leaving. The final group of babyface Superstars finally leave the ringside area. Booker T gets up from the announcers table and he’s gone. Justin Roberts and a crew member follow Booker to the back. Another Triple H chant breaks out from the crowd as he stands in the middle of the ring. The ringside cameramen drop their cameras, and headsets, and they’re also leaving. Jim Ross is still sitting at the announcers table and Triple H looks at him as the crowd cheers. Ross takes off his headset and they start to boo. The boos continue as Ross shakes his head and walks off, the last one to leave the ringside area. Triple H stands alone in the ring as the crowd cheers him again. Triple H holds his arms open for a second and looks around. John Laurinaitis appears on the stage to a chorus of “you suck” chants. Laurinaitis shakes his head and stares at Triple H before walking off. Triple H opens his arms again to the crowd and they cheer him. RAW goes off the air with Triple H alone in the ring.
The following article contains spoiler information....
WWE announced the following today: WWE NXT Takeover to air LIVE on WWE Network on Thursday, May 2...
WWE Superstar Seth Rollins recently spoke with SLAM! Wrestling. Here are some highlights: The Shi...
- TNA star Gunner recently did an interview with Busted Open Radio. Here are the highlights: It h...
By any calculation, Wrestling has a prestigious history. Looking back at certain times, one can trac...