WWE Raw Supershow Results – September 5, 2011
- RAW opens up this week with CM Punk coming out and then Kevin Nash. Triple H ends up coming out and arguing with Nash. Nash asks Triple H what he’s going to do if he touches him. Nash starts taunting Triple H. Triple H lays him out with a right hand. Triple H says maybe they were friends and definitely he’s fired. Triple H drops the mic and leaves the ring as Nash sits in the ring. Punk laughs at Nash and wishes him the best in his future endeavors as we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see Kevin Nash walking to a limousine backstage. John Laurinaitis gets in it with him and they drive off.
Air Boom vs. The Great Khali and Jinder Mahal
We go to the ring and out come the WWE Tag Team Champions Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston. Out next come their opponents, Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali.
Jinder and Bourne start things off. Jinder works Bourne over but gets taken down with a headscissors. Bourne comes back with kicks but Mahal drops him with a big knee. Mahal comes back with a 2 count and tags in Khali for a little bit of double teaming. Khali drops Bourne with a big right hand. Khali kicks Bourne down in the corner and puts the boot to him. Khali with big chops and a tag to Mahal.
Mahal drops a series of big knee drops on Bourne. Bourne blocks a shot and tags in Kofi. Kofi comes in from up high and unloads on Mahal. Kofi with a dropkick and a big right hand. Kofi runs the ropes but Khali pulls them down and he goes to the floor. Khali throws Kofi back in. Mahal holds him as Khali goes for the big overhand shot. Khali accidentally hits Mahal and lays him out. Bourne hits Air Bourne on Mahal for the win.
Winners: Air Boom
- We see Ricardo Rodriguez and WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio arrive backstage in a car. They get out and come walking in the arena. JR hypes CM Punk vs. R-Truth for tonight.
#1 Contender’s Match: Eve Torres vs. Beth Phoenix
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly to join the announcers for commentary. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Eve Torres is in the ring waiting as Beth Phoenix makes her way out for this #1 contender’s match. Beth is accompanied to the ring by Natalya. She also joins the announcers for commentary. The bell rings and they lock up. Beth shoves Natalya off. Eve comes back with a right hand and a headlock. Both drops Eve for a 2 count. Eve comes back with a kick to the gut and a suplex for 2. Eve fights Beth off but gets thrown into the ring post. Beth goes outside of the ring and pulls Eve’s arm around the post.
2 count by Beth as Natalya and Kelly argue about the WWE website article. Beth continues her assault until Eve comes back. Eve with a clothesline and a senton for 2. Beth shoves Eve back into the corner by her throat. Eve fights her off but misses a kick in the corner. Beth grabs Eve and nails the Glam Slam for the pin, the win and the match at Night of Champions.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Beth Phoenix
- After the match, Eve gets dumped on the floor and Natalya lays Kelly out from behind. Natalya and Beth pose in the ring as we go to replays.
- More hype for R-Truth vs. CM Punk as we go back to break.
- We see Christian and Drew McIntyre backstage talking. Christian says he deserves one more shot at the World Title. Alberto Del Rio walks up and interrupts, asking for a minute with Christian. Del Rio points out that Christian doesn’t have the World Title because of John Cena. Christian says if he was going to take out John Cena, it would be on his own terms and not Del Rio’s. Del Rio says Christian got an AA from Cena last week and then 24 hours later lost the cage match. Del Rio rubs it in some more and walks off, leaving Christian to ponder.
- JR leads us into the trailer for WWE Studios’ Inside Out with Triple H.
- R-Truth is backstage talking to himself. He’s joined by The Miz and they make their way to the ring as we go back to commercial.
R-Truth vs. CM Punk
Back from the break and out comes R-Truth to the ring. He talks about the usual on the way down the ramp and says he will buy a ticket to Night of Champions and sit in the audience, stuffing his face, like the rest of the Little Jimmys. The Miz comes down the ramp next and says that won’t happen because he’s had an epiphany. Miz and Truth finally make it into the ring. Miz says make no mistake, there is a conspiracy. Triple H is in way over his head as COO, Miz says. Miz says he’s going to do Triple H’s job for him and says he and Truth will have a title match at Night of Champions – against Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston for the Tag Team Titles. Miz picks on the Air Boom name and Truth compares them to a sneaky fart. Truth accepts the challenge on behalf of Air Boom and says CM Punk is about to get got. Punk’s music hits and out he comes as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and here we go. Punk and Truth lock up. Punk grabs Truth’s arm and kicks away, taking him to the mat for a 2 count. Punk takes Truth back down and kicks him in the back. Punk with more kicks and a stomp. Punk keeps in control and takes Truth to the corner with a headlock. Truth fights out and hits a big right hand. Truth takes Punk tot he mat with a headlock now. Punk fights free and out of the hold. They run the ropes and Punk sends Truth out to the floor with a dropkick. Punk dives through the ropes and takes out Truth right in front of The Miz. Punk brings things back in the ring but Truth meets him with stomps until the referee breaks it up.
Truth continues the offense but can only manage a 1 count. Punk fights out of a headlock but gets thrown out to the floor. The Miz attacks from behind and takes out Punk’s knee while the referee isn’t looking. Truth brings Punk back into the ring and covers for a 2 count. Truth works on the knee now as Miz cheers on from ringside. Truth drags Punk to the apron and slams his knee into it as the crowd boos. Punk manages to roll Truth up for a 2 count and then backslide him for another pin attempt. Truth kicks Punk’s knee out and he goes down. Truth with a series of right hands now before going back to work on the leg.
Punk gets to his feet and fights back with kicks and forearm shots. Truth stops him and delivers a scoop slam. Truth goes to the top rope but Punk stops him. Punk with chops and right hands. Punk superplexes Truth down to the mat and both are down. They get up and Punk hits a right hand and several kicks. Punk with a dropkick and the high knee in the corner, followed by the bulldog. Punk springboards in with a clothesline and signals for GTS. Truth blocks GTS and drops Punk on his face for a 2 count. Truth misses the scissors kick. Miz grabs Punk’s leg. Punk kicks Miz through the ropes and sends him back. Miz gets pissed and is sent to the back by the referee. Truth comes from behind and nails Punk. Punk grabs him and nails the GTS for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- After the match, Triple H’s music hits and out he comes. Punk says he isn’t falling for Triple H punching Nash earlier. Punk thinks Nash is in on something with Triple H. Triple H says it doesn’t matter because Nash is gone. Triple H says he just changed their match at Night of Champions. Triple H says he wants to hurt Punk bad and won’t be happy with just pinning him. The match will now be a No DQ match. Triple H says he will hurt Punk and Punk better hope he getsit out of his system because when he’s done, he might just fire Punk. Triple H goes to leave the ring but Punk calls him back, calling him a Cerebral Ass-assin. Punk says he isn’t afraid, Triple H has been hitting people with sledgehammers for years and hasn’t killed anyone yet. Punk wants a stipulation added – if Punk wins, Triple H resigns as COO. Triple H agrees to the stipulation and walks off.
- Backstage we see Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins talking to Wade Barrett about something they have in the works. Alberto Del Rio walks in and tells Barrett that Cena embarrassed him on SmackDown last week by beating him in 5 minutes. Barrett says he needs no incentive from Del Rio to take care of Cena. If we don’t believe him, just watch what he does tonight. Back to commercial.
David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty vs. Jerry Lawler and Zack Ryder
Back from the break and we see replays from last week where Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga started stuff with Jerry Lawler. The two are in the ring waiting now as Lawler makes his way out. Lawler knocks them and introduces his partner… Zack Ryder. Ryder gets a new introduction video with highlights from his YouTube show. Ryder comes out after the video and is filming on his camera.
Ryder starts things off with McGillicutty and gets beat down as soon as the bell rings. McGillicutty takes Ryder to the corner and tags in Otunga for some double teaming in the corner. They taunt Lawler and Otunga continues the assault on Ryder. McGillicutty gets in a right hand as the ref isn’t looking. Otunga goes back to work on Ryder now and stops him fro tagging in Lawler. Otunga drops Lawler on the apron and turns around to Ryder slamming him on his face. Lawler comes in and ducks a clothesline. Lawler fires away with right hands and clotheslines Otunga. Lawler hits a dropkick for a 2 count as McGillicutty breaks the pin. Ryder dumps McGillicutty to the floor. Lawler hits the right hand from the second rope as Ryder begs for the tag. Ryder comes in and hits the Ruff Ryder on Otunga for the win.
Winners: Zack Ryder and Jerry Lawler
- We see Alberto Del Rio backstage talking to Dolph Ziggler. Del Rio says there’s a rumor that when Ziggler lost to Orton on RAW last week, Vickie Guerrero was ready to drop him. Ziggler says Del Rio wasn’t here last week and must be scared of Cena. The Bella Twins walk up and say they’ve missed Del Rio. He asks for five minutes and they walk off, saying they will be waiting for him. Del Rio says Vickie is looking for new clients because she needs someone to fight for her. Del Rio rubs it in some more, says it’s not his business and walks off with Ricardo.
- We see World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Heath Slater
Back from the break and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton to a big pop. Out next comes Orton’s opponent Heath Slater to no reaction at all.
The bell rings and Orton kicks Slater and then throws him into the ringpost. Orton unloads with uppercuts and drops Slater. Orton begins stomping away. Orton drops a big knee drop. They end up in the corner and Slater hits a thumb to the eye. Slater with an enziguri and a 2 count. Slater puts knees in Orton’s back and applies a headlock. Orton fights out but Slater catches him in a spinebuster for another 2 count. Slater with another headlock.
Orton fights free with headbutts and drops Slater with clothesline. Orton with a scoop powerslam. Orton takes Slater to the apron and hits the second rope DDT. Orton drops to the mat and waits for Slater. Orton nails the RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- Backstage we see Zack Ryder talking to John Cena. Ryder is having his show filmed and is super excited about winning his match. Cena congratulates Ryder and walks off as Ryder continues filming his show. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes John Cena. Cena cuts a promo and out comes Ricardo Rodriguez. Del Rio comes in driving an Audi. Del Rio says he wants to give Cena a fighting chance at Night of Champions and didn’t show up last week because he tried to protect Cena. That’s why he’s not in the ring with Cena right now, because he’s trying to protect him. Del Rio brings out Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. They rush the ring and beat down Cena. Christian comes out and joins in on the attack. Alex Riley and Sheamus run out to make the save. John Morrison is out next. Cena fights back now and the babyfaces clear the ring. Teddy Long’s music hits and out he comes.
Teddy makes an eight-man elimination tag team match and calls for a referee as we go back to commercial.
John Cena, Sheamus, John Morrison & Alex Riley vs. Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler & Christian
Back from the break and Riley is going at it with Barrett. Barrett with a big sideslam and a 2 count. Barrett continues the assault until Ziggler and Morrison come in. Ziggler takes out Ziggler then the others with a kick. Ziggler tries to roll up Morrison. Morrison with right hands. Christian comes in for a distraction. Ziggler applies the sleeper on Morrison now. Swagger comes in and makes Morrison tap with the ankle lock. Morrison is eliminated. Vickie walks down to the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Dolph is going at it with Riley now. Riley comes back and hits a big spinebuster. Riley knocks Barrett off the apron but gets dropped by Ziggler for a 2 count. Swagger is tagged in and continues the attack on Riley. Swagger makes Riley also tap to the ankle lock. Alex Riley is eliminated as Vickie looks on approvingly. Sheamus comes in next.
Barrett eventually is tagged in and slugs it out with Sheamus. Barrett with a big knee to the gut. Barrett works Sheamus over on the ropes now and hits him with knees to the head. Ziggler gets in a cheap shot and Barrett kicks Sheamus with a big boot for another 2 count. Barrett takes Sheamus down with a headlock now. Sheamus fights free and ducks a clothesline. Sheamus with forearm shots and a big slam. Sheamus decks Christian off the apron and hits Barrett with big forearms to the chest. He knocks Ziggler off the apron and hits Barrett with more forearms. Sheamus with a high knee to Barrett’s face. Sheamus goes to the top and nails a big shoulder. Ziggler gets dropped again off the apron. Sheamus misses the Brogue kick. Barrett kicks Sheamus in the gut and goes for Wasteland. Sheamus blocks it and nails the Brogue kick for a pin. Barrett is eliminated.
Sheamus turns around and Christian takes him down for a 2 count. Christian goes for Killswitch but Sheamus dumps him to the apron. Christian nails a huge slap to Sheamus’ face. Sheamus chases him around the ring, knocking Ziggler down again. Sheamus and Christian run through the crowd and back to the ring. Sheamus finally catches him on the ramp and wails away with right hands. Both Sheamus and Christian have been eliminated by count out. Referees separate them on the ramp. It’s down to Cena vs. Ziggler and Swagger. Cena unloads on both Swagger and Ziggler until they manage to stop him. Swagger covers for a 2 count and continues the assault. Ziggler is tagged in and stomps away some more. Swagger is tagged back in as they keep Cena in their corner. Swagger with a submission now.
The crowd chants for Cena and Vickie looks on smiling as SWagger continues to beat Cena up. Cena fires back with right hands and a shoulder block, and another. Cena with the big back drop on Swagger and one for Ziggler. Cena hits a Five Knuckle Shuffle on Ziggler and Swagger at the same time. Cena goes for the AA on Swagger but drops him and clotheslines Ziggler. Swagger takes advantage and lays Cena out. Swagger hits a Swagger Bomb in the corner. Ziggler tags himself in and Swagger argues with him. Cena hits the AA on Ziggler and covers him. Ziggler is eliminated. Swagger pulls Cena over and applies the ankle lock. Cena reverses it and applies the STF. Swagger taps out, giving Cena the win.
Winner: John Cena
- Alberto Del Rio rushes the ring as soon as the match is over but Cena hits him with an Attitude Adjustment. Del Rio is sent out of the ring and into Ricardo’s arms. Del Rio and Cena stare each other down as RAW goes off the air.
- The Philadelphia Wizard World convention on June 20th, 21st and 22nd will feature John Cena, Batis...
- WWE has confirmed that Darren Young underwent surgery for a torn ACL. Dr. Chris Amann told WWE.com...
On Monday April 7th, 2014, Jeff Jarrett officially announced his new organization, which will be cal...
As seen below, Triple H is back doing his weekly interviews with Michael Cole after being away for o...
- A new tech report from Qwilt notes that WWE and Twitch.tv are consuming internet bandwidth at an e...