WWE Signs Another Indy Wrestler, New Developmental Talents, Recent WWE Attendance
- WWE recently signed independent wrestler Cory Weston, who was scouted by Gerald Brisco. Weston comes from Dory Funk Jr.’s wrestling camp in Florida. Regarding all the new talents being signed by WWE, they are all reporting to developmental in July, once the new Performance Center in Orlando is ready. ROH star Mike Bennett is still expected to be one of WWE’s new signings.
– Here are recent WWE attendance figures:
* RAW on May 24th in Salt Lake City, UT drew 6,000 fans for $225,000
* RAW on May 25th in Red Deer, Alberta drew 3,000 fans for $125,000
* SmackDown on May 25th in Regina, Saskatchewan drew 3,000 fans for $145,000
* RAW on May 26th in Lethbridge, Alberta drew 1,750 fans for $60,000
* SmackDown on May 26th in Medicine Hat, Alberta drew 1,200 fans for $50,000
The show in Medicine Hat would be the smallest WWE live event crowd in a long time.
(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)