– A video package of Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins at Elimination Chamber opens the show and then we’re live from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
– Seth Rollins’ music hits and he comes to the ring with a chair in his hand. Rollins delivers a promo by himself. Rollins discusses how he turned on The Shield nearly a year ago. Rollins says that at Money in the Bank, he’ll retrieve the title at the top of the ladder – a title he “rightfully earned.” Dean Ambrose interrupts on the big screen and says Rollins hasn’t earned anything and that he’s been driven nuts that Rollins keeps calling himself the champion, despite losing to Ambrose at Elimination Chamber.
No. 1 Contender for the Tag Team Titles: The Ascension vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Prime Time Players
Each team had a strong showing, coming down to a few close finishes near the end. Titus O’Neil carried PTP at the end, surviving disrupted pinfalls and finally pinning Viktor of The Ascension to win the match.
Winners: Prime Time Players
– The New Day deliver a backstage promo against PTP immediately after the match. The promo is based upon PTP’s catchphrase “Millions of Dollars” and that The New Day claims they’re greedy and materialistic. Kane interrupts to tell Kofi Kingston he’s facing Neville tonight.
– After the commercial break, Prime Time Players, The Big Show, and The Miz do a backstage commercial for Sonic.
Ryback vs. Stardust
This non-title match is extremely quick, ending with Ryback hitting the Shellshock and pinning Stardust. The commentary team discusses how Ryback has achieved his childhood dream of becoming the Intercontinental Champion.
– Paige is interviewed by Renee Young at the top of the ramp. Paige says The Bella Twins and Naomi are the ones holding the Diva’s division back, as their whole lives are devoted to “living a celebrity lifestyle.” Paige says her focus is on what happens in the ring.
– Luke Harper cuts a backstage promo with Erick Rowan, saying that they’ve been denied by an unnamed figure and that the “reapers are at your doorstep” and that it’s time to pay for his or their sins.
– Kevin Owens comes out and holds an NXT Title open challenge. Zack Ryder answers the call.
NXT Championship Match: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Zack Ryder
Owens makes quick work of Ryder (the match is less than two minutes) and then attacks him after the match.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– Sheamus is interviewed backstage by Renee Young. Sheamus says he’s the favorite for the Money in the Bank match, referencing his destruction of Randy Orton this past Monday Night on RAW.
Neville vs. Kofi Kingston
Kingston goes throughout the match distracting the ref while Big E and Xavier Woods attack Neville on the outside. Despite the attacks and disadvantage, Neville defeats Kingston with a roll-up pin and scurries back up the ramp away from New Day.
Lana is the guest on Miz TV. Rusev interrupts the interview and comes out on crutches. Dolph Ziggler’s music hits after Rusev talks down to Lana for a minute or so. Ziggler comes to the ring and takes Lana’s arm and leaves.
Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus
Reigns and Sheamus have an equally matched fight for about six-seven minutes before Kane interrupts the match with J&J Security. Kane comes down to the ring and gives Reigns a boot to the face, but then chokeslams Sheamus. Kane takes the mic and says he’ll be participating in the Money in the Bank ladder match next Sunday.
Winner: Roman Reigns (via disqualification)
The show closes as Kane stares up at the Money in the Bank briefcase hanging above the ring.