Several Ex-WWE Stars Pulled From Indy Event Due To Issues, Wrestling Cares, WWE Classics
- WWE developmental/NXT trainer Billy Gunn, X-Pac, Michael Tarver and indy talent Akbar Farat will not be at the PRWA show tonight in Salinas, Puerto Rico. X-Pac reveled via Twitter that they would not be at the show as the promoter didn’t get them plane tickets to travel to the show. X-Pac noted:
“As bad as twitter & FB can be at times. It also evens the playing field & makes people think twice about screwing someone over, etc.”
PRWA’s owner Victor “Metal Blade” Siebens had initially been involved in the World Wrestling League, but WWL severed ties with him and began pushing the event instead of using the names he had first booked for the WWL show. Some of the promoters in Puerto Rico are upset because they think this paints wrestling on the island in a bad light, as average fans don’t see it as specific competing promotions and when former WWE talent doesn’t show up, it hurts the drawing power the next time someone wants to use that level of talent.
- Here is the updated card for Wrestling Cares Association’s April 27th debut in Los Angeles, California. The show will be hosted by Maria Kanellis and feature the first round for the first bracket in their “Race For the Ring” tournament:
* Colt Cabana vs. Kyle Matthews
* Kyle O’Reilly vs. Davey Richards
* Jamin Olivencia vs. Sami Callihan
* Adam Cole vs. Anthony Nese
* Caprice Coleman vs. Steve Anthony
* Drew Gulack vs. Bobby Sharpe
* Pepper Parks vs. Vordell Walker
* Jeff McCallister vs. B-Boy
- All April on WWE Classics On Demand, WWE will highlight the greatest moments from “The 2000s.” The synopsis states, “Celebrate the first decade of the 21st Century with WWE Classics On Demand. All April, relive the greatest moments of “The 2000s” and the superstars who dominated the era; John Cena, Triple H, The Undertaker, Edge and more.”
Check out this leaked photo from CM Punk and AJ Lee’s wedding this past summer: ...
WWE announced the following: Stephanie McMahon and WWE to promote Pediatric Cancer Awareness Mont...