WWE Touts Success Of 1000th Episode Of RAW
WWE sent out the following press release hyping this past Monday’s three-hour episode of RAW numbers:
RAW 1000 BREAKS VIEWERSHIP AND SOCIAL MEDIA RECORDS
WWE today announced that Monday Night Raw’s historic 1,000th episode broke records for television viewership and online engagement, making it the most watched three-hour Raw in history by reaching more than six million viewers, amassing a 3.9 rating and accumulating 52 worldwide Twitter trends. Monday Night Raw’s historic episode was the most watched program on cable television and beat every program on CBS, NBC, ABC and CW. Last night’s episode began a new era of Monday Night Raw when the longest-running weekly television show in U.S. history permanently moved to a three-hour format with a new start time of 8/7C on USA Network.
Ratings highlights from Monday Night Raw include:
* Most watched three-hour Raw ever with over six million viewers.
* Two-hour regularly scheduled portion (9-11 p.m.) of last night’s episode was the most watched Raw since the show returned to USA Network in 2005 and the best in 10 years with over 6.3 million total viewers.
* Monday night’s most watched program on cable.
* Most watched program on all television (broadcast and cable) among all male viewers.
* Most watched program on cable for adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
According to Trendrr, Monday Night Raw was the No. 1 program on cable and broadcast last night. Additional social media and digital highlights include:
* Social activity for Monday Night Raw was higher than the Top 10 broadcast shows combined.
* BlueFin Labs named Monday Night Raw’s 1000th episode the No. 4 most social series programming episode of all time behind only American Idol and Pretty Little Liars.
* Activity spiked to more than 11,000 comments-per-minute during the appearance of The Undertaker, the biggest social media moment of #Raw1000.
* WWE’s hashtag poll “Should AJ say “I Do or I Don’t” was the No. 1 moment in Raw history with 9,000 tweets-per-minute.
* WWE.com’s 17 million page views and 1.2 million daily unique visitors were up 92 percent and 47 percent year-over-year, respectively.
You may also be interested in...
- Brock Lesnar reportedly did not arrive in the arena for Monday's RAW until around 9:30pm. Lesnar r...
- Rey Mysterio thanked his 1 million Twitter followers last night and noted that he was on his way t...
After advertising Dean Ambrose vs. Daniel Bryan as this week's SmackDown main event, WWE changed pla...
- There were low attendance issues at Tuesday night's WWE TV tapings in Dayton, Ohio. Several pa...
- The dark main event after Tuesday night's WWE SmackDown tapings in Dayton, Ohio saw Daniel Bryan, ...