As PWMania.com previously reported, there was a backstage argument last Monday between Daniel Bryan and Triple H following Daniels’ match with Randy Orton. Bryan was “irate” when he returned to the back, and had a loud argument about the match being stopped.
WWE now appears to be using the incident for their storyline with Bryan. WWE published interviews with both Bryan and Triple H about the argument. Triple H and Bryan both noted that while things got heated, they eventually apologized to each other. Bryan also admitted that they were back on good terms.
“I’ve never had a match stopped on me my entire career in over 13 years,” Bryan told WWE.com. “I understand where he’s coming from, they’re trying to protect their talent. We’re both very passionate guys… it’s just guys who love this business, who love this industry, who have conflicting ideas about what should have happened. And that’s that, we’ve settled our differences now, we’re on good terms, so I can’t say anything more than that.”
WWE published another article earlier with John Cone, Layla, Alicia Fox, Cameron, Natalya and Chad Patton discussing the altercation. Layla said it was the “most intense argument I have ever seen right in front of me,” while Patton noted that he’d never seen a wrestler talk to their boss like that since “Bret Hart and Vince McMahon.”