Below are some highlights from Thursday’s ROH Supercard of Honor media call, hosted by ROH owner Tony Khan:
* Khan stated that on next week’s AEW Dynamite from Los Angeles, he will have “very exciting news” to share.
* Khan believes ROH Supercard of Honor will be the best wrestling event of the weekend. He sees ROH and AEW as mutually beneficial. Khan expressed gratitude for the opportunity to work with the late ROH Hall of Famer Jay Briscoe. He’d never seen so much love and support as when Briscoe died.
* Khan stated that Bandido’s visa has been renewed, and that he will be returning to work for AEW/ROH soon.
* Khan praised ROH Pure Champion Wheeler Yuta as a future top star in the industry, despite the fact that he is already a major star and well-liked by everyone in the locker room. Yuta was recommended to Khan by some astute AEW wrestlers. Khan is excited for Katsuyori Shibata vs. Yuta at Supercard of Honor, describing Shibata as “one of the greatest stars of his generation.”
* Khan stated that he has learned a lot since taking over ROH. He is still learning about launching a challenger brand, and they are growing and learning on a daily basis. He thinks the AEW and ROH shows have been fantastic, and he has great conversations with his crew that help him run the companies better than he did the previous week. He’s doing his best to give people the best opportunities he can, and he thinks the process is going well. Khan wishes to expand the company while maintaining a balance between locker room health and growth.
* Khan was asked if the way he books ROH has influenced the way he books AEW TV shows. He claims it has, and that it has reenergized him.
* Khan reiterated that a big announcement will be made on Wednesday’s episode of AEW Dynamite. On Friday night, he also promoted the Supercard of Honor post-show media scrum.
You can listen to the complete media call below: