WWE Fastlane Results – February 22, 2015
– The 2015 WWE Fastlane Kickoff Pre-show starts live from the Fedex Forum in Memphis, Tennessee with Renee Young. She’s joined by Booker T, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton. Fans are starting to find their seats as Renee talks about Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan and John Cena vs. WWE United States Champion Rusev. Graves predicts that Cena will defeat Rusev but Saxton disagrees. Booker says Cena is in for the test of his life and he believes Rusev is unstoppable. Graves believes Reigns will defeat Bryan. Booker goes with Bryan and says Reigns still has a lot to prove. Saxton believes Reigns will win also. Renee hypes MizTV with Paul Heyman, coming up soon.
– We go backstage to Tom Phillips in the social media lounge. He will have WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos in for a Q&A later. We cut to a break and come back to a preview for the Triple H and Sting confrontation. We get more talk from the panel and a look at the new feud between Seth Rollins and Jon Stewart of The Daily Show. Renee invites Stewart to join them on the panel. They discuss tonight’s six-man match and we get a look back at SmackDown. We go backstage to Eden with Erick Rowan, Ryback and Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler says a victory would mean everything to them. Ziggler says they’re not falling in line for The Authority. He says they’re standing up for themselves and not going to take it anymore. Ryback says fans want to see them feast on the corporate sellouts. Rowan takes the sheep mask off and says they’ve been abused for the last time and their opponents will be expunged tonight. We go back to the panel and take another break.
– We see video from earlier with Renee Young talking to Dean Ambrose about tonight’s Intercontinental Title shot against Bad News Barrett. Ambrose says the IC Title isn’t looked at the same as it was when he was a kid. He names Bret Hart, Randy Savage and others. He says the title used to be a stepping stone to the World Title. He says Barrett is one of the toughest guys in WWE but he will fight Barrett for the title in a parking lot right now. Ambrose says he’s not scared. Ambrose says the guy makes the championship and there hasn’t been a guy that wanted to make that title in a long time. Ambrose says he’s going to bust Barrett up, beat him, win the IC Title and bring it back to where it belongs, back to prominence. Ambrose says he’s going to take the title to WrestleMania 31 and take it to heights it’s never been. We go back to the panel. Booker believes Ambrose has what it takes to run with the IC Title.
– We go back to the panel and get discussion for tonight’s WWE Tag Team Title match. Renee leads us to video of The Bella Twins taking Paige’s clothes on last Monday’s RAW. We get video from earlier today of The Bella Twins arriving. Nikki Bella said she’s going to show why Paige will never be Divas Champion again. We get a video package for John Cena vs. Rusev and more discussion from the panel. We go back to Tom Phillips and The Usos. The first fan question is how excited they are about Rikishi going into the WWE Hall of Fame. They’re ecstatic, excited, proud and can’t be happier. The next question asks about a career highlight besides winning the titles and they say dancing with their dad on RAW. Tom wishes them good luck in their title defense tonight. Renee shows us video of Eva Marie and Cameron at the Oscars earlier tonight. We go to another break, including a Sheamus return vignette.
– We go to Michael Cole, JBL and Jerry Lawler at ringside. The Miz makes his way out with Damien Sandow, who gets a pop. They hit the ring and Miz get booed while Sandow gets cheered. Miz asks Sandow what he thinks he’s doing and fans start chanting “we want Mizdow.” Miz says this part of the ring is for Superstars and guests, and personal assistants sit in the corner. Miz orders Sandow to sit in the corner of the ring. Miz welcomes us to MizTV and gets booed. He says his guest will be paying attention to Reigns vs. Bryan tonight and brings out Paul Heyman to a pop. Miz asks if Brock Lesnar will be here tonight and Heyman announces that he will not. Miz interrupts Heyman by yelling at Sandow. Sandow looks to stand up for himself this time but Miz tells him to sit back down. Sandow turns and faces the crowd before sitting down. Miz goes back to the Heyman interview. Heyman doesn’t care who wins tonight because Reigns or Bryan would lose to Brock Lesnar. Heyman says believes that and drops the mic before walking off. We go to another break and come back to a video for Reigns vs. Bryan. The panel talks about the match and Saxton picks Reigns, Graves picks Reigns and Booker goes with Bryan. That’s it for the pre-show.
– The 2015 WWE Fastlane pay-per-view kicks off with a video package. We’re live from the Fedex Forum in Memphis, Tennessee as the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us. We go right to the ring.
Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan and Ryback vs. Seth Rollins, Kane and Big Show
Dolph Ziggler makes his way out first to a big pop. Erick Rowan is out next followed by Ryback to another pop. They head to the ring together. Big Show is out first for his team. Kane is out next followed by Seth Rollins with Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. The Authority heads to the ring together.
Rollins starts things off with Ziggler and applies a headlock. Back and forth now. Ziggler goes for a powerbomb but it’s blocked. Rollins ends up on the floor for a breather. Rollins comes back in to “you sold out” chants. Rollins takes control of Ziggler and works him into the corner. Ziggler comes back with a big dropkick and a tag to Rowan. Rowan runs Rollins face first into the turnbuckle. Rowan works on the arm now. Rollins fights back but misses a kick and Rowan nails a pumphandle slam into a backbreaker. Rowan drops an elbow for a 2 count. Rollins makes a tag to Kane and he comes in to take control of Rowan. Rowan catches him with a big slam and a leg drop. Kane counters but runs into an elbow. Rowan with an elbow off the second rope for a 2 count. Big Show tags in and beats up Rowan in the corner.
Rowan fights back but Show knocks him over the top rope. Rowan sends Show into the ring post. Rowan chases Mercury and Noble off but misses a kick on Show, hitting the ring post instead. Show takes back control and brings Rowan in the ring, working on his leg. Fans chant for Ziggler and “feed me more” as Show drops an elbow on Rowan’s leg. Show slams Rowan. Kane tags back in and stomps away in the corner. Rollins comes back in and keeps Rowan down and working on the leg. Fans chant for Rowan now. Rowan fights to his feet but Rollins turns it back around and hits a blockbuster for a 2 count. Rollins stomps some more now. Big Show tags back in and kicks Rowan in the face as Rollins holds him. Show with a nasty leg submission on Rowan now. Show breaks it and goes for a chokeslam but Rowan fights it. Rowan with a big DDT. Rollins tags in and knocks Ziggler off the apron. Rollins taunts Ryback and turns around to a big kick from Rowan.
Ryback finally tags in and unloads on Rollins. Ryback hits a Thesz Press and a big splash but Rollins moves. Ryback blocks the Curb Stomp and hits a powerbomb. Kane runs in but Ryback hits him with a Meathook. Ryback dodges a Rollins splash and goes for Shellshocked but has to break it due to Mercury and Noble. Rollins goes for a pin and hits a big superkick to the face. Rollins goes to the top but lands no his feet. Ryback runs into a kick. Rollins comes off the top but Ryback catches him in a vertical suplex and turns that into Shellshocked. Big Show comes in and splashes Ryback before being ordered out of the ring. Kane and Ziggler tag in. Ziggler kicks Show. Kane goes for a chokeslam but Ziggler counters and pushes Kane into Show. Ziggler drops Kane for a 2 count. Kane blocks the Fame-asser and goes for a sideslam but Ziggler slides out and hit a superkick. Rollins runs in but Ziggler hits a Fame-asser on him. Ziggler with right hands on Kane in the corner. Show runs over from the floor and hits a knockout punch on Ziggler while the referee is distracted. Kane pins Ziggler for the win.
Winners: Big Show, Kane and Seth Rollins
– After the match, The Authority poses in the ring over Ziggler. Rollins hits a Curb Stomp on Ziggler as fans boo. Ryback and Rowan rush the ring but get beat down also. Rollins hits a Stomp on Rowan also. Fans chant for Randy Orton as Rowan is kicked out of the ring. They drag Ryback over and Orton’s music hits to a big pop. Orton runs down and tosses Noble. Orton clotheslines Kane and taunts Big Show. Noble takes a RKO. Mercury takes a RKO. Rollins comes on the apron and Orton kicks him. Orton goes for the draping DDT but Rollins is pulled to safety. Kane takes a RKO. We see Rollins retreating through the arena as Orton stands in the corner and fans chant his name. A camera catches Rollins running all the way out of the arena to the back parking lot. Orton’s music hits and he hits the turnbuckles again.
– We get a video for Goldust vs. Stardust. Goldust is backstage with Dusty Rhodes in the locker room now. Goldust says tonight, he’s not facing Cody – he’s facing Stardust and he’s got to beat Stardust so bad that the thought of him putting on paint and a costume again will make him sick. Goldust says he hates it as much as Dusty but he’s not leaving the ring until he brings his brother Cody home. Dusty says nobody needs to get hurt and when it’s all said & done, both of them mean the world to Dusty. They hug and Goldust walks off.
Stardust vs. Goldust
We go to the ring and out comes Stardust in tights. Goldust is out next.
They lock up and Goldust takes it to the corner. They shove each other and lock up again. Stardust takes it to the corner and they shove each other again. They take a few minutes and lock up again. Goldust drops Stardust with a shoulder. They run the ropes and trade holds. More back and forth. Stardust slides out of the Director’s Cut and goes to the floor as fans boo. We see Dusty watching from backstage. Stardust comes back in and Goldust hits right hands. Goldust catches Stardust in a slam and clotheslines him to the floor. Stardust comes back in as fans chant “Cody” at him. Stardust tries to mount some offense but Goldust takes him back to the corner. Goldust goes for the running kick but Stardust slides out and goes to the apron. Goldust brings him back in and comes off the second rope but Stardust gets a boot up. Stardust finally turns it around and stomps away in the corner.
Stardust takes it to the floor and rams Goldust into the apron. Stardust keeps control as the referee tells them to bring it back in. Stardust keeps control and applies a body scissors. Stardust keeps control for several more minutes. Goldust manages to get in a backslide out of nowhere for the win.
– After the bell, Cole and Stardust are shocked. We see Dusty watching backstage. Goldust offers his hand to Stardust and he briefly takes it but doesn’t look enthused. Stardust rolls out of the ring and heads to the back as Dusty watches. We go to replays.
– We get a look at the new feud between Seth Rollins and Jon Stewart of The Daily Show.
– Goldust is backstage with Dusty. Goldust says he tried not to hurt Stardust. Stardust comes up and says this looks a family party but he wasn’t invited. He asks Goldust if they’re done. Stardust shoves him into some boxes and beats him down. Dusty yells for Cody to stop. Stardust yells at Dusty and says Dusty killed Cody. Stardust says he’s not living in Dusty’s shadow, Dusty is living in his. Stardust kicks Goldust one more time before walking off. Dusty and officials call for help.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: Tyson Kidd and Cesaro vs. The Usos
We go to the ring and out comes Naomi with WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos. Natalya is out next with Tyson Kidd and Cesaro. We get another look back at the recent double date.
Jey Uso starts off with Kidd. They go at it and in comes Jimmy Uso off the top for some double teaming. Jimmy takes Kidd to the corner with chops. Uso comes off the top with a corkscrew for a 2 count. Cesaro tags in and they double team Uso. Cesaro takes the knee out and drops elbows on it. Cesaro drops a knee on the knee and hits an uppercut into the corner. Jimmy fights out of the corner on Kidd and Cesaro. Kidd tags in and takes the leg out from the apron. Kidd comes in the ring and applies a submission on the leg. Cesaro tags in with a stomp to the leg from the second rope. Cesaro does a one legged Cesaro Swing and turns it into a half-crab. Kidd tags in for some double teaming while Uso is in the hold. Kidd with a 2 count and another leg hold.
Tyson gets knocked off the apron and lands hard on the floor. Cesaro and Jey tag in at the same time. Jey with clotheslines and a Samoan Drop. Jey goes for the Rikishi splash but Kidd provides distraction and Cesaro rolls Jey up for 2. Jey fights back and hits a big kick to the head. Jey hits the Rikishi splash and covers Cesaro for a 2 count. Jey goes to the top but Cesaro hits the rope and crotches him. Kidd tags in as Cesaro suplexes Uso from the apron. Kidd comes off the top with an elbow for a 2 count. Kidd with another 2 count. Kidd goes for a Sharpshooter but Uso kicks him off. Kidd with a kick to the head. Uso tags in and Kidd doesn’t see it. They hit a double team into a Samoan Drop but Cesaro breaks the pin at a 2 count. Kidd with a kick to the head. Jimmy runs the ropes and leaps out onto Cesaro. Kidd gets caught on the apron and Uso barely Samoan Drops him into the barrier. Uso brings Kidd in the ring and goes to the top. Cesaro runs up but gets knocked down. Uso hits a splash but lands on Kidd’s knees. Kidd with a 2 count. Kidd with a Sharpshooter on Jimmy in the middle of the ring. Uso crawls for the rope but Kidd drags him back into the middle. Jey runs in and kicks Kidd in the head. Cesaro and Jey brawl. Cesaro and Jey tumble out of the ring, still brawling. Jimmy with a 2 count on Kidd.
Cesaro gets superkicked out of the ring but Kidd ends up hitting his suplex finisher on Uso for the win.
Winners and New WWE Tag Team Champions: Cesaro and Tyson Kidd
– Cesaro and Kidd celebrate with Natalya and their titles as we get replays after the match.
– We get a video package for the Sting and Triple H feud.
– Triple H makes his way out in street clothes. His hands are taped up and he looks ready to fight. He does the normal entrance with spitting water on the apron. Triple H says he regrets pushing Ric Flair on RAW. He apologizes to Ric but stands by what he said. Triple H says he stands here tonight not as the COO of WWE but as the heartbeat of WWE. He’s in a WWE ring, in a WWE arena as The Game, The King of Kings. He is waiting for Sting, he says. Fans start chanting for Sting.
Sting’s video starts up and out he comes to somewhat of a pop. Sting enters the ring as Triple H stares him down. Triple H assumes they’re past the point of pleasantries and is ready to get to it. He says he feels sorry for Sting for “backing the wrong horse” all those years ago. He says Sting was such a loyal soldier to WCW, hell Sting was WCW. Triple H admires Sting and respects him for going down with the ship with his head held high. Triple H says it was guys like him who helped that ship go down. He says his legacy is putting Sting’s out of business. Triple H understands that’s why Sting tried to put he and Stephanie McMahon out of WWE at Survivor Series. Triple H says Sting failed. He says at the end of the day, failure is what Sting does. Triple H says he can give Sting’s legacy back to him. All he has to do is hold his head high and walk away. Triple H says they can put this behind them and do business together because he always does what’s best for business. Triple H can assure Sting that if he walks away, his legacy will go on and live forever… through the WWE Network, DVD’s, merchandise, action figures, all of that. Triple H is talking over Sting’s shoulder like a salesman now. He says in 2015, Sting will be bigger than he’s ever been before. Triple H says he may even put Sting in the Hall of Fame down the line. Triple H asks if that sounds good to Sting. Some fans cheer. Triple H takes his jacket off and says or they can do it the other way. He says Sting can sit there with that look on his face and disrespect him. Triple H threatens to beat what’s left of Sting’s legacy out of him. He says when they carry Sting out of the ring, there will be no legacy… like he never even existed.
Triple H talks and tries for a cheap shot but Sting catches him. Sting unloads but Triple H decks him with the microphone. Triple H takes Sting down and unloads on him. Triple H yells that he gave Sting a chance. Triple H goes under the ring and grabs his sledgehammer as fans pop. He comes back in but Sting puts a bat to his throat. Sting backs Triple H into the corner with the bat and tells him to toss the sledgehammer out of the ring, which he does. Sting points up at the WrestleMania 31 sign with the bat and fans pop. A “yes!” chant breaks out. Triple H tries to move and Sting puts the bat back to his throat. He points back at the WrestleMania 31 sign. Triple H mouths that he’s going to kick Sting’s ass and points at the sign. Sting says he will see Triple H at WrestleMania and turns his back to leave. Triple H charges and Sting turns around with a bat shot. Sting lifts Triple H up and hits him with a Scorpion Death Drop. Sting points back at the WrestleMania sign with the bat. His music hits and he leaves with Triple H laid out. We go to break.
– We go back to the announcers for WrestleMania and WWE Network plugs. Cole leads us to a look back at MizTV from tonight’s Kickoff Pre-show.
WWE Divas Title Match: Paige vs. Nikki Bella
Paige makes her way out first to a pop. WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella is out next with Brie Bella.
The bell rings and Paige attacks. They start brawling on the mat. Nikki rolls to the floor for a breather but Paige follows. Paige chases Nikki back in and goes for a knee on the apron. Nikki catches it and Paige falls out to the floor. Nikki rams her back into the apron and tosses her into the barrier. Nikki brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Nikki with a chinlock now. Paige fights out but Nikki slams her on her head with an Alabama Slam. Nikki with a 2 count.
Nikki with another 2 count. Nikki rams Paige back into the corner with shoulder thrusts. Nikki charges but Paige decks her and pulls her to the mat. Paige with a pair of clotheslines. Paige hits another and screams. She connects with a dropkick for a 2 count. Nikki ducks a kick and rolls Paige up for 2. Paige with a kick to the mouth and another pin attempt. Paige goes for the Ram-Paige but Nikki blocks it and fights out. Paige with another kick to the face and a 2 count. More back and forth. Paige takes her up for a superplex but Nikki fights back. Nikki with a sunset flip into a powerbomb for a close 2 count.
Nikki is frustrated now. Paige ends up going for the PTO but has trouble getting it locked in. Nikki finally breaks it and pulls Paige into the turnbuckle. Nikki rolls Paige up with a handful of tights for the win.
Winner: Nikki Bella
– After the match, Paige complains to the referee about how Nikki won but Nikki leaves with Brie as we go to replays. Paige protests as The Bella Twins look on.
– Cole announces Sting vs. Triple H for WrestleMania.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett
We go to the ring and out first comes Dean Ambrose. WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett is out next. They start off back and forth but Ambrose unloads and sends Barrett to the floor for a breather. Barrett comes back in and Ambrose runs over him with a shoulder. Ambrose with an elbow for a 2 count. Ambrose with kicks in the corner now.
Ambrose goes to the top but Barrett kicks him out of the ring and works him over. Barrett brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Barrett drapes Ambrose over the top and beats on him. Barrett with a running knee to the gut for a 2 count. They end up on the floor and Ambrose bounces back with a big clothesline. Ambrose goes in and Barrett follows. Ambrose with a tornado DDT out of the corner. Ambrose unloads with lefts and rights now. Ambrose with forearms and a bulldog. Ambrose goes to the top but lands on his feet. Barrett catches him but Ambrose counters Winds of Change with a roll up for 2. Ambrose stops another attack and dropkicks Barrett. Ambrose goes to the top and hits the elbow drop while Barrett is standing. Ambrose with another 2 count. Barrett with a counter and a big kick. Ambrose bounces off the rope but Barrett nails Wasteland for 2.
Barrett readies for a Bullhammer but Ambrose ducks it and rolls him up for a 2 count. Ambrose with the big bounce back clothesline. Barrett slides out of Dirty Deeds and goes to the floor. Barrett grabs his title and goes to walk out on the match. Ambrose dives out and sends Barrett into the barrier. Ambrose rolls him back in the ring but Barrett rolls right back out. Barrett tries to leave through the crowd but Ambrose brings him back and sends him into the steps. Ambrose brings it back in the ring but Barrett is still trying to crawl away. Ambrose unloads in the corner and the referee throws the match out after trying to get Ambrose off.
Winner by DQ: Bad News Barrett
– After the bell, Ambrose goes right back to stomping on Barrett. Fans are booing the referee. Ambrose brings the Intercontinental Title in the ring and asks Barrett if this is his and why is he running. Ambrose hits Dirty Deeds and tells the referee to back off him. Ambrose goes to leave but comes back and grabs the title. Ambrose leaves with the belt as his music hits. Barrett recovers in the ring to see Ambrose leaving with his title.
– We see Roman Reigns backstage warming up.
– We go to the ring and the lights go low. The druids make their entrance with the torches. The bells toll and The Undertaker’s entrance begins as fans pop. Two druids come pushes a casket out.
The casket is pushed to ringside and the lid opens. Bray Wyatt sits up and starts laughing as some fans boo. Wyatt says he will never forget the first time he saw “him”… his eyes were so cold. Wyatt says he feared him but now, he has become like everyone else… weak and broken, just a shell of what he once was. Wyatt says now “his” soul is lost, stuck in limbo between your world and ours. Wyatt says it’s time for “him” to go home. Wyatt says his own mission is clear. Wyatt says he knows this person can hear him and is listening. Wyatt says he no longer fears this person because he is pain, he is suffering, he is Bray Wyatt – the new face of fear. Wyatt says at WrestleMania, he will claim the soul of The Undertaker. Wyatt laughs as the casket lid is closed. The lights go out and we go to Renee Young and the panel as the druids music hits and they push the casket out.
WWE United States Title Match: John Cena vs. Rusev
We take a break and come back to Lana and WWE United States Champion Rusev making their way to the ring. Fans chant USA as Rusev gets upset. John Cena’s music finally hits and out he comes to a big pop.
Cena hits the ring and we get formal ring introductions from Eden. Cena strikes first after taking a kick and nailing Rusev. Rusev ends up turning it around and taking Cena to the corner. Rusev works Cena over and barely connects on a spin kick for a 2 count. Lana looks on and smiles as Rusev kicks Cena in the ribs a few times. Rusev charges with a splash in the corner and covers for another 2 count. We get dueling chants for Cena as Rusev knocks him off the apron and into the barrier. Rusev rolls Cena back in and covers for a 2 count. Cena comes back with a dropkick for a 2 count. Rusev nails a dropkick of his own for a pin attempt. Rusev shoves Cena to the mat as fans chant USA. Cena tackles Rusev and beats on him. Rusev pushes him off but misses a clothesline. Cena with a shoulder tackle. Rusev catches Cena in mid-air and hits a big fallaway slam for a 2 count.
Rusev drops an elbow and another. Rusev with a third elbow and a 2 count. Cena starts to fight back but runs into an elbow in the corner. Rusev keeps Cena grounded with a submission now. Cena gets to his feet and tries to power out but Rusev kicks him in the gut. Cena blocks a suplex and hits one of his own. Cena drops Rusev again for a 2 count. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment but Rusev hits a DDT for 2. Rusev with a big splash in the corner now, and another. Rusev with another 2 count. Cena blocks a right hand and fights back. Cena ducks a big shot and comes back with shoulder tackles. Cena with the big side slam. He goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle and taunts Lana before hitting it. Rusev slides out of the AA and nails a big kick to the face for a 2 count.
Rusev misses a stomp and Cena goes for the STF. Rusev kicks him off. Cena charges and Rusev catches him with a big tilt-a-whirl slam for a 2 count. Rusev runs into a boot. Cena with a tornado DDT out of the corner for a close 2 count. They trade strikes now. Cena goes for the AA but Rusev grabs the top rope and slides out. Rusev scoops Cena but Cena takes him down into the STF. Rusev ends up breaking it and slamming Cena on his head for 2. Rusev ends up going for the stomp but Cena catches it. Cena with the STF again. Rusev grabs the rope and finally breaks the hold as fans boo.
Cena charges and grabs Rusev for the AA. He slides out and nails Cena in the ribs. Rusev with a kick to the side of the head. Cena ducks another big kick and hits the AA for a close 2 count. Cena goes to the top but Rusev catches him in a powerbomb. Rusev applies The Accolade in the middle of the ring. Cena breaks one arm free but Rusev tightens it up. Cena gets the other but Rusev has it locked tight now. Cena keeps trying to break out but the hold is tightened each time. Cena powers to his feet with Rusev on his back with the hold still locked. Lana comes in the ring and distracts the referee. Rusev nails a low blow kick and then kicks Cena in the face. Rusev applies The Accolade again and Cena passes out to end the match.
– Rusev drops the hold and Cena falls on his face. Rusev has his arm raised and Cena is still laid out. Rusev clutches his United States Title and talks trash to Cena as we go to replays. The Russian flag drops down as Rusev and Lana continue their celebration. A trainer checks on Cena as Rusev goes back to talk more trash. Rusev and Lana make their way to the back as Cena is still flat on his face. Cena finally recovers and slowly rolls to the floor. Cena can barely stand but pushes away the referees trying to help. Cena looks out of it as he walks to the back.
– We go back to the panel for more discussion on tonight’s show. They lead us to a video for tonight’s main event.
#1 Contender’s Match: Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and Roman Reigns makes his way through the crowd. Lilian Garcia announces that the winner will face WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar in the WrestleMania 31 main event. Daniel Bryan’s music hits next and out he comes to a bigger pop than Reigns. Bryan leads a “yes!” chant on his way to the ring.
Fans chant for Bryan as they get ready to lock up. They lock up and we get dueling chants now. They go to the corner and break. Reigns talks trash and Bryan smiles. They lock up again and go to the corner. Bryan goes behind and shoves Reigns. Bryan with a side headlock. Reigns with kidney shots. He fights out of the hold and applies a headlock of his own. Reigns drops Bryan with a shoulder and fans boo. Bryan rolls through and gets a 2 count. Bryan takes Reigns down by his leg and goes for a surfboard but Reigns powers out and sends Bryan to the corner. They go to lock up again and Bryan kicks him in the leg. Bryan with another kick. Reigns grabs him and tosses him to the corner. Reigns runs into a kick but drops Bryan with a strike. Reigns with stomps in the corner now. Bryan counters and runs the ropes but Reigns catches him in a tilt-a-whirl slam. Reigns clotheslines Bryan over the top to the floor.
Reigns follows and rams Bryan into the barrier, then the apron. Reigns works Bryan over and rolls him back in. Bryan jumps up and kicks Reigns in the leg. Bryan with more kicks. Bryan drops down on the leg and keeps working on it. Reigns with forearms and right hands to break the hold. Bryan counters a suplex. Bryan with more strikes. Reigns catches him and drops him on the top rope. Reigns with a Samoan Drop and a big flying clothesline. Bryan manages to send Reigns face first into the turnbuckle. Bryan charges but Reigns nails a big clothesline for a 2 count. Reigns gets up and hits two big suplexes, throwing Bryan on his head. Reigns goes to the floor and hits the apron dropkick while Bryan is laying on the bottom rope. Reigns charges in the ring but Bryan counters with a kick. Reigns looks to be hurt but Bryan doesn’t want to back off. The referee checks on Reigns and asks if he can get to his feet.
Bryan with knees in the corner now. The referee tells Bryan to take it out of the corner. Bryan with more strikes. The referee checks on Reigns again but Bryan runs in with a corner dropkick. Bryan with a second and third corner dropkick. Bryan with kicks in the corner. Bryan takes Reigns to the top. Reigns counters a hurricanrana and powerbombs Bryan to the mat for a close 2 count. Reigns with big shots in the corner until the referee backs him off. Reigns sits Bryan on the top and nails a big right hand. Reigns climbs up for a superplex but Bryan slides underneath and crotches Reigns. Bryan climbs up and hits a super back drop for a 2 count. Bryan immediately goes for the Yes Lock. Reigns makes it to the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Reigns goes to the floor for a breather.
Bryan runs the ropes and dives out, ending Reigns into the barrier. Bryan runs right back in the ring and hits another dive. Bryan runs back in the ring and goes for a third dive. Reigns catches him belly to belly on the floor and tosses him. Bryan gets up and Reigns charges. Bryan side steps and sends Reigns into the steel steps. They’re both down at ringside now. Bryan makes it in at 8 and Reigns barely makes it in before 10. Bryan goes to the top rope but Reigns hits a Superman punch in mid-air for a close 2 count. Fans start a “yes!” chant as Reigns waits in the corner. Reigns calls for a spear and fans boo. Bryan blocks the spear and catches him in a close 2 count. Bryan sends Reigns to the corner and hits the big running knee for another close 2 count. Bryan is shocked. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. Bryan with kicks while Reigns is on his knees.
Reigns catches the roundhouse kick and stands up in Bryan’s face. Bryan slaps him a few times but it does nothing but anger Reigns. Bryan takes him down for an armbar and turns it into the Yes Lock. Reigns powers out of the hold and mounts Bryan with big forearms to the head. Bryan catches Reigns in a submission but Reigns lifts him up for a sitdown powerbomb. They’re both on their back as the referee counts now. They get up and trade punches and kicks from the mat. Bryan hits several kicks to the head as fans chant “yes” with them. Bryan gets up and nails a big kick to the head. Bryan goes for the running knee but Reigns hits a spear for the win.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Roman Reigns
– After the match, Reign celebrates and we gt replays. Reigns looks across the ring at Bryan. Bryan comes over and shoves him. Bryan yells at Reigns and says he better kick Brock Lesnar’s ass. They shake hands and Bryan leaves the ring. Cole announces Reigns vs. Lesnar for WrestleMania 31. Reigns hits the corner to pose as his music plays and we get more replays. Reigns exits the ring and slaps hands with some fans at ringside. The announcers hype WrestleMania 31. Fastlane goes off the air with Reigns standing at the entrance way and looking up at the WrestleMania sign before heading to the back.
What did you think of WWE Fastlane? Comment below with your thoughts, opinions, feedback and anything else that was raised.