– The 2014 WWE Hell In a Cell Kickoff pre-show opens up from Dallas, Texas with Renee Young, Booker T, Paul Heyman and Alex Riley on the panel. We see fans filing into the American Airlines Center as Renee welcomes us. Heyman says he’s here to confirm that it is Hell In a Cell and that his client WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar is watching with interest. Renee hypes tonight’s Hell In a Cell matches and asks Heyman about them. He says Ambrose and Rollins will fight to take credit for The Shield while Orton and Cena will fight to see who gets fed next to his carnivore Brock Lesnar. We get a video on Rollins vs. Ambrose.
– Riley goes over a list of “keys to victory” for Rollins and Ambrose. We go backstage to Tom Phillips in the social media lounge. He plugs tonight’s hashtag and shows us some tweets. We get more commercials. The panel talks about Cena vs. Orton now. Heyman talks about how the winner will go into the one match more dangerous than the Cell – a match with Brock Lesnar. Still to come, Mizdow TV. Booker T predicts Sheamus will retain his title tonight. We go to the ring and out comes Damien Sandow with The Miz. JBL, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler are on commentary.
Sandow welcomes us to Mizdow TV. Miz interrupts and says out of the goodness of his heart, he’s letting his stunt double interview him before a title match. Sandow this is the greatest moment in his career before introducing The Miz. Sandow praises Miz for several minutes and says Miz is the best friend he’s ever had. Miz says Sandow is a damn good stunt double, one that he’s truly proud to call his friend. They hug. Sheamus interrupts on the big screen. Sheamus ends up hitting a Brogue Kick on the camera as a preview for The Miz. Sheamus’ music hits and we go to commercial.
– The panel talks about tonight’s WWE Tag Team Title match and the match between The Bella Twins. They discuss the 2 of 3 Falls match between Cesaro and Dolph Ziggler. Riley says this could be the Match of the Year. Heyman also praises the two. We get a video for Rusev vs. Big Show next. Heyman says this is one of the most interesting matches of the evening.
Mark Henry vs. Bo Dallas
We go to Cole, JBL and Jerry Lawler at ringside. Mark Henry makes his way out first. Bo Dallas is out next. He cuts a promo and says he’s the new World’s Strongest Man because he’s beaten Henry four times now. Bo rips the city of Dallas and says he’s changing his name just for tonight, to Bo Washington.
Henry unloads in the corner as soon as the bell rings. Henry hits a splash in the opposite corner. Henry nails a World’s Strongest Slam for the easy win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– After the match, Bo takes the mic and says he wasn’t ready. He says Henry cheated and cheaters never win. Bo says he’s the winner in the record book of life. Bo says he’s 5-0 against Henry because he Bo-lieved. Henry goes out to the ramp and tosses Bo into the barrier before walking off.
– Byron Saxton is backstage with Paige and Alicia Fox. Paige says she’s going to rip AJ Lee’s heart out tonight. Paige slaps Byron around. We go back to the panel. Renee shows us a stat video on Hell In a Cell and that’s it for the pre-show.
– The 2014 WWE Hell In a Cell pay-per-view opens up with a video package for tonight’s main events. We’re live from the American Airlines Center in Dallas as pyro goes off. Lilian Garcia is our announcer.
2 of 3 Falls Match for the WWE Intercontinental Title: Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go right to the ring and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. Cesaro is out next.
We see the Spanish announce team at ringside. The bell rings and they go at it, trading holds. Cesaro takes it to the mat with a headlock. Cesaro drops Ziggler with a shoulder and keeps him on the mat. They trade several pin attempts. Ziggler misses a neckbreaker and a dropkick. Cesaro goes for the Swing but Ziggler rolls him up for 2. Cesaro drops Ziggler over the top rope and does the Cesaro Swing for a pop. Cesaro with a 2 count. Ziggler comes right back with a roll up for the 3 count.
First Fall: Dolph Ziggler
Cesaro comes right back with a stomp and strikes. The referee splits them up and we start the second match. Cesaro with a big running uppercut in the corner for a 2 count. Cesaro slams Ziggler but misses an elbow drop off the second rope. Cesaro drops Ziggler with a right hand for a 1 count. Cesaro with more strikes now. Ziggler fights to his feet but gets caught with a big slam. Cesaro sells an arm injury.
Cesaro with another stomp and a 2 count. Cesaro keeps up the offense but can’t get a pin. Cesaro goes for a suplex from the apron but Ziggler drops the arm over the top. Ziggler fights back in and gets a sleeper hold locked in. Cesaro finally climbs up with Ziggler still in a hold. Cesaro turns it into a huge superplex for a close 2 count. Cesaro misses in the corner but kicks out of a Fame-asser. Cesaro catches Ziggler in mid-air and hits a huge uppercut for another close 2 count. Ziggler with a roll up for 2. More counters. Cesaro with a big backbreaker and a 2 count. Ziggler blocks the Neutralizer and nails a superkick followed by the Zig Zag for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– Randy Orton walks in on Stephanie McMahon, Triple H and Kane backstage. He’s looking for Seth Rollins for what happened on RAW. Stephanie tells Orton he should focus on tonight’s opportunity. Triple H says Rollins is exactly like Orton and what we saw on RAW was two alpha males trying to prove who’s dominant. Triple H tells Orton to focus on finishing Cena tonight.
Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella
We go to the ring and out first comes Nikki Bella. The loser of this one will have to be the assistant to the winner for 30 days, or leave WWE. Brie gets a “yes!” chant going on her way to the ring. Eden is announcing this match.
Back and forth to start the match. Brie with a dropkick and a 2 count. Brie misses in the corner but Nikki runs into an elbow. Brie gets on Nikki’s shoulders but gets slammed back to the mat. Nikki slams Brie’s head into the mat for a 2 count. Nikki blocks a shot and slams Brie’s face into her knee for a 2 count. Nikki keeps control as fans chant for JBL. Brie lands on her feet and hits the facebuster for a 2 count.
Brie comes back and hits the dropkick, then the running knee to the face. Brie charges again but Nikki rolls out of the ring. Brie runs the ropes and dives out onto Nikki. They come back in and Brie goes to the top. Brie nails a missile dropkick for a close 2 count. Nikki turns it around coming out of the corner and hits the Rack Attack for a close 2 count. Brie goes for the Yes Lock but Nikki manages to get to the bottom rope. Nikki drops Brie with a big forearm to the face. Nikki hits the Rack Attack again for the win.
Winner: Nikki Bella
– After the match, Nikki makes her exit and we go to commercials.
WWE Tag Team Titles: The Usos vs. Stardust and Goldust
We go to the ring and out first comes The Usos. WWE Tag Team Champions Stardust and Goldust are out next. Stardust starts off with Jimmy Uso and takes him down first. Stardust talks some trash and gets slapped around.
Jey Uso and keeps control. Goldust still tags in but Uso gets the upperhand. Jimmy tags in for some double teaming and a 2 count. Stardust makes the tag and unloads on Uso. Stardust brings it back in the ring and tags in Goldust for some double teaming. Uso looks to make a comeback but Goldust hits the powerslam for a 2 count. Stardust comes back in and keeps Uso down. Stardust and Goldust keep making tags. Goldust finally runs into an uppercut and gets dumped to the floor by Jimmy. Jey finally gets the tag and dives out onto Goldust. Stardust gets tossed out. Jey leaps onto him also. Jey brings Goldust in and goes to the top for a big crossbody and a 2 count. Uso with a Samoan Drop and another 2 count.
Uso hits the Rikishi splash and another 2 count. Uso takes out Stardust but Goldust nails a spinebuster for a close 2 count. Goldust with big chops in the corner. Uso ducks the back elbow off the second rope. Goldust eats a superkick for another 2 count. The Usos both end up climbing up corners with their opponents. They both nail superplexes and everyone is down. Stardust gets in a cheap shot, allowing Goldust to hit his finisher for the win.
Winners: Stardust and Goldust
– We get a Susan G. Komen video. Byron Saxton is at ringside with the survivor from the video and the Komen President, who thanks WWE.
Hell In a Cell: Randy Orton vs. John Cena
We see Hell In a Cell being lowered over the ring and get more commercials. The winner of this match will get a future WWE World Heavyweight Title shot. Randy Orton makes his way to the Cell first. John Cena is out next to a mixed reaction.
The bell rings and they go at it. Orton drops Cena with an elbow and sends him to the floor. Orton tries for a face first show into the steps but it’s blocked. Orton blocks a shot into the steel wall. Orton goes after Cena but Cena blocks another shot into the steel. Orton works Cena over and sends him into the steel wall. Orton rolls Cena in the ring and covers for a 2 count. Orton goes out and brings a steel chair in the ring. Cena blocks it and hits a fisherman suplex. Orton blocks a chair shot and goes back to work on Cena. Orton stomps now. Orton brings the chair back in and hits Cena in the gut with it. Orton with a chair shot over the back for a 2 count.
Orton keeps control and wedges the chair in the corner. Orton blocks an Attitude Adjustment and drops Cena with a DDT for a 2 count. Orton follows to the floor and rubs Cena’s face into the Cell. Orton brings it back in for a 2 count. Orton keeps control and hits a big clothesline for 2. Orton with a hard whip into the corner and another pin attempt. Orton keeps control and hits clotheslines in the corner for another pin attempt. Orton launches Cena into the Cell wall. Orton brings it back in the ring for another 2 count. Cena finally makes a comeback with his usual moves and some fans boo. Orton stops the Five Knuckle Shuffle and nails a powerslam for a 2 count.
Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT but Cena back drops him to the floor. Cena follows and rams Orton into the Cell a few times. Orton fights out of a hold and sends Cena crotch first into the ring post. Orton turns that into a backbreaker on the floor. Orton brings it back in but Cena kicks out. Orton launches Cena into the Cell wall again. Cena counters the next whip and sends Cena into the steel. Cena tosses Orton into the wall again. Cena grabs a table from under the ring and pushes it in the ring. Orton comes back in. Cena goes for an AA through the table but it’s blocked. Orton with a standing dropkick for 2. Orton sends Cena int the chair that was wedged in the corner. 2 count for Orton. Cena starts to make a comeback but Orton hits a big RKO out of nowhere for a 2 count.
Orton whips Cena hard into the table in the corner. Orton with another 2 count. Orton brings half of the steel steps in the ring. Orton readies for a RKO on the steel steps but Cena blocks it. Cena slams Orton on the steps and hits a Five Knuckle Shuffle on top of them. Cena goes for an AA but Orton slides out and nails a low blow. Cena ends up countering and applying the STF. Orton makes it to the bottom rope but that doesn’t force a break in the Cell. Orton finally breaks it with a cheap shot. Orton slides to the floor. Cena picks up the steel steps and launches them out of the ring. Orton moves just in time and misses the steps. Cena charges and Orton sends him into the Cell wall. Orton rolls Cena back in the ring and tells him to get up. Cena gets right up with an AA for a close 2 count.
Cena goes for another AA and apparently nails it but we see that Orton countered it into an inverted RKO. Orton with a 2 count. Cena hits an AA for a close 2 count. Cena goes for a top rope leg drop on the table but Orton cuts him off. Orton climbs up for a big move through the table but Cena counters. Cena ends up hitting a super AA through the table for the win.
Winner and New #1 Contender: John Cena
– After the match, Cena celebrates as the Cell is raised. We see Paul Heyman looking on from the panel. Cena celebrates and greets a few fans at ringside before making his exit.
– Backstage segment with Big Show warming up. Mark Henry enters and gives him some words of encouragement.
WWE United States Title Match: The Miz vs. Sheamus
We go to the ring and out comes The Miz with Damien Sandow. WWE United States Champion Sheamus is out next.
Back and forth to start. Sheamus takes control and hits the forearms on the chest. They end up on the floor and Miz accidentally drops Sandow. Miz kicks Sheamus off the apron and brings him back in for more offense. Miz with a knee to the throat in the corner now. Miz keeps Sheamus grounded.
Sandow later provides distraction, allowing Miz to hit a Skull Crushing Finale for a close win. The end comes when Sheamus hits a Brogue Kick out of nowhere for the win.
– After the match, Sandow rolls in and lays beside Miz. Sheamus drops and shakes Miz’s hand to see if Sandow will do the same thing and he does. Sheamus makes them do the YMCA dance before dropping Miz with a Brogue Kick.
– We see Brie Bella loading up Nikki’s car backstage. Nikki walks up and asks for her smoothie she wanted Brie to make her. Nikki pours it over Brie’s head and tells her to go make another one, then bring it to the hotel. Nikki drives off and leaves Brie with smoothie all over her.
– We get a video for Rusev vs. Big Show.
Rusev vs. Big Show
We go to the ring and out comes Rusev with Lana. Lana goes to speak and a big USA chant starts. Lana tells everyone to shut up. Lana cuts a promo and is interrupted by Big Show. The bell rings and Show goes to work on Rusev.
Rusev takes out Show’s leg and goes to work on him. Show tries to fight back but Rusev drops him with a big suplex. Rusev goes back to work on Show’s leg. Rusev stomps on the back twice and goes for The Accolade but Show counters. Show turns that into a submission on Rusev’s knee. Rusev finally gets to the bottom rope and breaks it. Show calls for a knockout punch but Rusev ducks it. Show drops him with a shoulder and a forearm. Show with splashes in the corner and a big spear.
Mark Henry makes his way down to ringside. Show goes for a chokeslam but Rusev fights Show off and beats him down. Show catches Rusev and chokeslams him for a 2 count. Rusev ends up down on the floor. Henry approaches him but backs off. Show comes out and rolls Rusev back in. Henry cheers Show on. Show enters the ring and Rusev nails a big kick to the jaw. Henry gets on the apron and Rusev kicks him to the floor. Rusev with another big kick to Show. The third takes him down. Rusev applies The Accolade on Big Show for the win.
– After the match, Rusev celebrates with Lana as the Russian flag drops down over the ring. They leave with a flag in hand as Henry and trainers check on Show in the ring.
– Backstage segment with Dean Ambrose talking about how bad he’s going to beat Seth Rollins. He says they’re both going to burn in hell.
WWE Divas Title Match: Paige vs. AJ Lee
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee. Paige and Alicia Fox are out next.
They lock up and go at it. AJ with a nice clothesline and a roll up. AJ Keeps control with another roll up. AJ skips around with a hand of hair now. AJ drops Paige with a heel kick. Paige goes to the floor for a breather. Alicia gets involved on the floor but goes down. The distraction helps out next time as Paige takes over. Paige swings AJ’s head into the barrier. Paige goes back in the ring and skips around to taunt AJ. Paige with headbutts now. Paige keeps control until AJ fights out of the corner and makes a comeback.
AJ with a clothesline in the corner and a neckbreaker. Paige cuts her off and drops her. AJ comes back again with a kick to the jaw. AJ with a tornado DDT and a 2 count. AJ counters a move and turns it into a submission but Paige skips around with AJ in her arms and hits a fallaway slam. AJ rolls to the floor to avoid a pin. Paige whips her into the barrier. Paige stands on the barrier for what looks like a suplex but AJ fights with her and takes her leg out. Paige falls and her head hits the barrier. Alicia helps Paige back in the ring before the 10 count. AJ immediately applies the Black Widow for the win.
Winner: AJ Lee
– After the match, Paige still isn’t sure what happened. Alicia yells at AJ. Paige looks confused and drops Alicia. Paige leaves on her own and says she hates Alicia.
– We see the Cell lowering and get a look at tonight’s main event.
Hell In a Cell: Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose
We go to the Cell and out first comes Dean Ambrose. He’s got a stick of some sort on his back. He brings a bunch of chairs and other weapons out from under the ring and throws them in. Ambrose goes back outside of the Cell and says we’re all going to die tonight. Ambrose starts climbing the Cell. Ambrose reaches the top and gets a pop. Ambrose takes out his kendo stick and is ready to fight. Ambrose gets the crowd hype from the top of the Cell. Seth Rollins is out next with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury.
Rollins enters the Cell and yells up at Ambrose to come down. Rollins argues with his security and says he’s going up top. Rollins climbs up a few steps but jumps back down to boos. Rollins tells Mercury and Noble to go up and get Ambrose. Noble and Mercury surround Ambrose on top of the Cell. Ambrose hits them with kendo stick shots. Rollins has climbed up now. Rollins and Ambrose go at it on top of the Cell. Mercury and Noble pull Ambrose down, allowing Rollins to beat on him with the kendo stick.
Rollins tells them to throw Ambrose off but he fights back and takes back control. Rollins tries to escape but Ambrose stops him. Rollins climbs down while Ambrose is hitting Mercury. Ambrose climbs down and meets Rollins on the side of the Cell. Ambrose and Rollins trade shots now. They both fall from about half way up the Cell, at the same time and go through both announce tables. Fans chant “this is awesome” as trainers come out to check on both men.
They’ve brought out a stretcher for Ambrose. Rollins has been loaded on a stretcher now. They have a neck brace on Ambrose. Ambrose ends up getting off his stretcher and attacking the medics pushing Rollins’ stretcher up the ramp. Ambrose drags Rollins back to the Cell and throws him into it. Ambrose brings Rollins inside the Cell and yells at the referees to lock it. Ambrose rolls Rollins in the ring and has tape. Ambrose sits in a chair and taunts Rollins. Ambrose unloads on Rollins with a chair. Ambrose dropkicks Rollins from the apron into the wall of the Cell. Ambrose stands a table up and tries to put Rollins through it but it’s blocked. They come back in but Rollins gets thrown out. Ambrose dives out and nails Rollins.
Rollins finally turns it around and slams Ambrose on a stack of chairs. Rollins lays a table from the apron to the floor. Rollins goes to suplex Ambrose through the table but it’s blocked. Rollins ends up laying on the table. Ambrose jumps from the second rope with an elbow, putting Rollins through the table. Kane ends up appearing and spraying Ambrose with a fire extinguisher from outside of the Cell. This allows Rollins to run and powerbomb through a table that was stood up on the floor. Rollins rolls Ambrose back in and nails a Curb Stomp for a close 2 count. Rollins unloads with the chair now. Rollins positions the briefcase under Ambrose’s head. Ambrose blocks. Rollins blocks Dirty Deeds with a kick. Ambrose with a big clothesline. Ambrose nails Rollins with the case and covers for a 2 count. Ambrose pulls 2 cinderblocks from under the ring. Ambrose brings them in and puts Rollins’ head on top of them. Ambrose goes to put Rollins away but the lights go out. We hear what sounds like Bray Wyatt chanting something. The arena lights up with cell phone lights now. We see the Wyatt Family lantern in the middle of the ring with smoke coming out of it. Ambrose approaches and Wyatt appears, running him over. The lights go back out. A spotlight shines and we see Bray Wyatt upside down in the corner. Wyatt lays out Ambrose and sits there on his knees. Rollins crawls over and covers Ambrose for the win.
Winner: Seth Rollins
– Wyatt sits there as Rollins looks shocked. Rollins exits the Cell with Mercury and Noble as Wyatt still sits on his knees beside Ambrose. Wyatt lifts Ambrose again and drops him with Sister Abigail. Wyatt poses on his knees as fans boo. Wyatt looks up and laughs as Hell In a Cell goes off the air.