The first eight competitors in the WWE NXT Deadline Iron Survivor Challenge matches have been announced.
WWE Hall of Famers Shawn Michaels, Alundra Blayze, Molly Holly, Sean “X-Pac” Waltman, and “Road Dogg” Brian James met backstage on tonight’s NXT episode to discuss the roster and who deserves to compete in the Iron Survivor Challenge matches.
Michaels later announced the following participants for the NXT Deadline matches on Saturday, December 10:
* Carmelo Hayes, JD McDonagh, Grayson Waller, and Joe Gacy compete in the Iron Survivor Challenge for men. Next Tuesday night, the fifth and final competitor will be determined in a Wild Card match between Von Wagner vs. Axiom vs. Andre Chase.
* Iron Survivor Challenge for Women: Zoey Stark, Cora Jade, Roxanne Perez, and Kiana James. The fifth and final competitor will be determined in a Wild Card match next Tuesday night, with Wendy Choo vs. Fallon Henley vs. Indi Hartwell.
Each match’s winner will be named the new #1 contender for the NXT Title or the NXT Women’s Title. WWE has announced the following match rules:
* In this one-of-a-kind 25-minute Match, five superstars will compete against each other and the clock.
* The match will begin with two superstars, and every five minutes, a new superstar will enter the ring until all five are present.
* The objective is to have the most falls when the timer reaches 25 minutes.
* Falls can be obtained at any time through pinfall, submission, or disqualification.
* Each time a superstar scores a fall, they will receive one point.
However, if a superstar loses a fall, he or she must pay the penalty. They must spend 90 seconds in a penalty box outside the ring.
* After 90 seconds, the superstar may re-enter the match.
* When the clock reaches 25 minutes, the superstar with the most falls wins the Iron Survivor title and becomes the No. 1 Contender for the NXT Championship and NXT Women’s Championship, respectively.