WWE SmackDown Results – November 19, 2021
– The Survivor Series go-home edition of WWE SmackDown on FOX opens up live from the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined at ringside by Pat McAfee. We see what happened last week with King Xavier Woods and WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
– We go right to the ring and SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos are out – Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso. There’s a throne fit for a king in the middle of the ring, and what looks like a velvet ring apron cover. There’s also the crown, scepter and robe worn by King Xavier Woods. The Usos give a grand royal introduction for WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns and then bring him out. The music hits and out comes Reigns with Paul Heyman.
Reigns stops and stand tall at the entrance-way, raising his finger in the air as the pyro explodes. Heyman and Reigns march to the ring now as Heyman raises the strap in the air. Cole and McAfee hype the non-title champion vs. champion match between Reigns and WWE Champion Big E at Sunday’s Survivor Series pay-per-view. They also hype The Usos vs. RAW Tag Team Champions R-K-Bro on Sunday. Reigns poses in the ring as The Bloodline raises their titles in the air, and more pyro goes off.
Heyman takes the mic and says he’s so overcome with emotion he’s fumbling mics. He tells Reigns this has been in the works for him all week. Heyman says no one in the history of WWE has deserved to be crowned King as much as The Head of The Table, The Tribal Chief, The Tribal King, Roman Reigns. Heyman says he knows in his heart, a little out of character, that everyone here tonight will agree that the distinction of King certainly doesn’t belong to Woods. Fans boo. Heyman says and it sure as hell won’t ever belong to Brock Lesnar. Fans boo again. Heyman says it also won’t belong to someone like Big E, who will be smashed by Reigns this Sunday. Reigns takes the mic from Heyman to interrupt. Heyman goes on praising Reigns. Reigns asks whose idea was this. Heyman points at The Usos. Reigns says this must be a joke, right? Reigns says they don’t really think he cares about or needs this stuff. He doesn’t need this to be acknowledged, he puts in the hard work and earned the respect. Reigns tells Hartford to acknowledge him and they respond with a loud but mixed reaction. Reigns says the only reason he took the crown last week is because he can. The music interrupts and out comes Woods.
Woods says those items in the ring are his possession, but they do not make a true king. Woods says what makes a king is knowing that you’re doing good for the WWE Universe. Woods says if Reigns was a king for what he did last week, he’d face Woods like a man and settled this man-to-man with Woods. Woods challenges Reigns to settle this like a man, without his goons, so he can show Reigns what a real king is made of. Reigns can’t believe Woods doesn’t care about his stuff, and that it means nothing to him. Reigns instructs Jey to throw the robe down, and Reigns steps on him. Reigns taunts Woods, who says the clothes don’t make a man.. Reigns orders Jey to snap the scepter in two now. Fans boo. Reigns asks Woods if he’s sure. Reigns orders The Usos to slam the throne down and destroy it now. They toss it to the floor and Reigns laughs at Woods, taunting him for looking unhappy.
Woods seethes on the ramp now. They go to destroy the crown now but Reigns asks for it. Reigns holds the crown up and asks Woods one more time if he’s sure it means nothing to him. Reigns puts the crown down on the mat and teases a stomp, but Woods rushes the ring and gets beat down by The Usos. Reigns never stomped on the crown. Woods is double teamed in the corner now. They hold Woods down as Reigns taunts him, saying he’s the only King around here who doesn’t need props because he’s the one. Reigns stomps the crown and destroys it as Woods yells out. They put Woods back down and fans boo. The Bloodline stands tall over Woods now as the music starts up and fans keep booing.
– We see how Sami Zayn was removed from the men’s Team SmackDown last week.
Sheamus vs. Cesaro vs. Ricochet vs. Jinder Mahal
We go right back to the ring and out comes Sheamus to make his blue brand return. The winner of this match will be the final member of Team SmackDown at Survivor Series. The Celtic Warrior hits the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kayla Braxton is backstage with Xavier Woods, who is selling the beatdown he just received. She asks where he goes from here and he says he will be in the ring tonight as Roman Reigns will accept his challenge, and he will make Reigns pay. Woods says everyone knows The Roman Empire wasn’t built in a day, but it will fall tonight. Woods limps away. We go back to the ring and Ricochet is making his entrance. Jinder Mahal and Cesaro are already out. The bell rings and Jinder brawls with Cesaro while Sheamus drops Ricochet and stomps away in the corner.
Sheamus and Cesaro face off in the middle of the ring but Jinder hits Cesaro from behind and they fight. Sheamus drops Cesaro with a clothesline. Ricochet unloads on Sheamus now but Sheamus beats him down. Ricochet counters White Noise for a roll-up for 2. Jinder drops Ricochet with a big kick to the face. Jinder stomps Ricochet while Cesaro unloads on Sheamus in the corner. Sheamus and Jinder double team Cesaro now until Ricochet makes the save.
We see Shanky at ringside. Sheamus tosses Cesaro to the floor, then helps Jinder with Ricochet. Jinder tosses Ricochet to the apron and sets up for 10 Beats of the Bodhrán, letting Sheamus take over and deliver the shots. Jinder takes advantage and rolls Sheamus up from behind for a 2 count. Sheamus and Jinder go at it as they’re alone in the ring now. Sheamus sends Jinder to the apron and delivers a big running knee, then 10 Beats of the Bodhrán as fans count along. Sheamus then snaps Jinder to the floor. Sheamus poses but turns around to a takedown by Cesaro.
Sheamus blocks the Cesaro Swing but Ricochet springboards in with a dropkick to Sheamus. Ricochet sends Sheamus to the floor, then kips up for a pop. Ricochet runs the ropes and leaps off the top, taking down the other three wrestlers on the floor. Ricochet stands tall at ringside and poses on top of the barrier as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus has Jinder on one top turnbuckle, while Ricochet has Cesaro on top of another. Cesaro blocks a superplex from Ricochet, while Jinder resists Sheamus. Sheamus climbs back up for a superplex and nails it on Jinder. Ricochet then sends Cesaro flying off the top with a big hurricanrana. All four Superstars are down now. Ricochet waits in the corner but Sheamus blocks his kick, then nails a corner clothesline. Sheamus scoops Ricochet but a powerslam but Ricochet turns it into a DDT, then hits a standing Shooting Star Press for a close 2 count as Jinder breaks it up. Jinder with some offense until Cesaro drops him and delivers the Cesaro Swing in the middle of the ring as fans count along.
Cesaro applies the Sharpshooter in the middle of the ring now as Jinder reaches for the bottom rope. Shanky pushes the rope to Jinder but it doesn’t break the hold in a Fatal 4 Way. Ricochet knocks Shanky back. Jinder tightens the Sharpshooter but Ricochet breaks it with kicks, then sends him out. Ricochet blocks The Khallas and drops Jinder with a Ripcord. Ricochet goes to the top rope for the big 450 on Jinder for the pin but Sheamus decks him and goes for the pin himself. Cesaro makes the save. Cesaro unloads on Sheamus in the corner now. Cesaro runs into boots and goes down. Sheamus leaps off the top but Cesaro nails a big uppercut in mid-air.
Cesaro goes for the Gotch Neutralizer on Sheamus but Ridge Holland runs down as Sheamus back-drops Cesaro to block the Neutralizer. Cesaro ducks a Brogue Kick and rolls Sheamus for 2. Holland gets on the apron and swings but Cesaro ducks it and goes for him but Holland retreats to the floor. Sheamus takes advantage and levels Cesaro with a Brogue for the pin to win.
– After the match, Holland comes in the ring to celebrate with his fellow Irishman as the music hits. The announcers confirm Sheamus for the men’s Team SmackDown at Survivor Series. He joins Drew McIntyre, Jeff Hardy, King Xavier Woods and Happy Baron Corbin for Sunday’s 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match against Team RAW’s Bobby Lashley, Austin Theory, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, and Seth Rollins. Sheamus and Holland celebrate and head to the back together.
– Kayla is backstage with Jeff Hardy now. She asks about how this year’s Team SmackDown stacks up against past years. He talks about teaming up with legends in the past, but then praises Drew McIntyre, Xavier Woods, and Sheamus, but talks about how Happy Baron Corbin is out for himself and you never know what will happen with him. Corbin and Madcap Moss walk up. Moss makes a redneck joke on Hardy. Adam Pearce walks up. He says he wants Team SmackDown to win on Sunday but it won’t with this attitude. Pearce advises Corbin to act like a member of the team, and says Moss is always laughing but we’ll see if he’s laughing when he wrestles Hardy tonight. Hardy busts out laughing at Moss to end the segment.
– Still to come, a preview for Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair at Survivor Series. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Megan Morant is backstage with Ridge Holland and Sheamus. Sheamus says Holland believes in him. He goes on about how he inspired Ridge to become a WWE Superstar. Can you believe that? Sheamus says hearing Ridge say that brings a tear to his eye. Sheamus laughs and Holland laughs with him. Ridge says if it weren’t for Sheamus, he’d still be broke in England, fighting bums on the street. Ridge says Sheamus is his idol and if anyone else on SmackDown has a problem with what happened in the match, they know where to find him. Sheamus gets hyped up and walks off with Ridge, headed to the bar.
– Cole leads us to a video package for Sunday’s Survivor Series match between RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch and SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair.
Aliyah and Naomi vs. Shayna Baszler and Natalya
We go back to the ring and out comes Aliyah. Her partner Naomi is out next as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Shayna Baszler is wrapping her entrance. Natalya is already out. Our Progressive Match Flo replay looks back at last week when Sonya Deville removed Aliyah from the Team SmackDown match at Survivor Series following the six-woman tag team match. Back from the replay and Aliyah starts off with Natalya. They lock up and Natalya nails a right hand. Aliyah with a pair of takedowns.
Aliyah sends Natalya into the corner but gets sent to the apron. Aliyah fights in and comes off the top, taking Natalya down with a hurricanrana. Baszler and Naomi tag in. Aliyah and Naomi tackle their opponents and mount them with right hands. Baszler counters a move by Naomi and goes for the Kirifuda Clutch but gets sent into the corner. There’s some quick chaos when Naomi fights Baszler off but Natalya comes in off a tag. Baszler slams Naomi by her hair and Natalya quickly covers for a fast pin to win.
Winners: Natalya and Shayna Baszler
– After the bell, the announcers and everyone else is confused at the speedy awkward three count. We get a replay but it doesn’t help things. Natalya and Baszler celebrate at ringside as a confused Naomi and Aliyah look on from the ring.
– We see Jeff Hardy backstage warming up.
– We get a promo on WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino and the special Bruno merchandise that will be sold at the Survivor Series in New York City this Sunday.
Jeff Hardy vs. Madcap Moss
We go back to the ring and out comes Jeff Hardy to a pop. Hardy stops and poses on the ramp as the pyro explodes. Hardy heads to the ring and greets fans at ringside on the way. Hardy enters the ring and poses in the corner as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and we see the quick pin in the women’s match. Cole blames it on Naomi being humiliated once again. Sami Zayn is backstage with Sonya Deville now. Sami is upset about being removed from Team SmackDown. Deville says Survivor Series marks the 25th anniversary of The Rock’s WWE debut, and she’s going to hold a 25-man Battle Royal, and if Sami wins his name will be associated with The Rock. WWE referee Aja Smith, now known as Daphne Lashaunn, walks up and asks Deville if she did a good job, referring to the quick pin in the women’s match. Deville lashes out at her and says she doesn’t associate with crooked referees. Deville tells the referee to leave and she does. We go back to the ring and out comes Madcap Moss with Happy Baron Corbin. Hardy takes the mic and says the odds aren’t in his favor tonight, so if Moss is going to have someone in his corner, so should Hardy. The music hits and out comes Drew McIntyre to a pop. McIntyre raises his sword Angela in the air as the pyro goes off. Drew hits the ring and poses as more pyro explodes around the ring.
The bell hits and Hardy gets slammed to the mat by Moss. Moss with knees to the ribs now as Corbin cheers him on. Moss with a big right hand to drop Hardy. Hardy catches Moss with a jawbreaker. Hardy with the Atomic Drop, the double leg takedown, a leg drop and the basement dropkick.
Hardy with a Twist of Fate now. Hardy goes to the top for the Swanton Bomb. Corbin looks to distract but McIntyre launches him over the announce table. Moss crotches Hardy from the top. Moss goes for a suplex in the middle of the ring but Hardy counters and rolls Moss up in the middle of the ring for the win.
Winner: Jeff Hardy
– After the match, hardy stands tall as the music hits. Corbin comes in but McIntyre levels him with a Claymore Kick. Moss also gets leveled by McIntyre. Hardy goes back to the top and hits the Swanton on Moss. We go to replays. Corbin is down at ringside, clutching his jaw, while McIntyre and Hardy taunt him from the ring as Drew’s music plays.
– We see what happened earlier tonight with King Woods and The Bloodline. Paul Heyman is backstage on the phone now, telling someone that The Tribal Chief does not like surprises. Kayla Braxton walks up, startling Heyman, and asking if he heard the challenge Woods made earlier. Heyman is tired of people saying Roman Reigns needs The Usos around him because he doesn’t, and he doesn’t need his council around either, he just loves Heyman, like Kayla does. Heyman says if Woods wants to challenge Reigns or call his bluff just hours before he smashes WWE Champion Big E, then the challenge is accepted. Heyman walks off.
WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Angel
We go back to the ring and Rick Boogs is out for the gnarly introduction of WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura. They head to the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Los Lotharios are out to the ring – Angel with Humberto. The bell rings and Angel attacks Nakamura off a distraction, beating him down after snatching his pants off. Nakamura fights back with knees. Angel ducks a kick but the follow-up drops him.
Nakamura kicks Angel into the corner and unloads with boots to the head. Nakamura takes Angel down and comes off the second rope but Angel kicks him in mid-air as Humberto laughs from ringside. Angel baseball slides to knock Nakamura off the apron but misses and lands on the outside. Nakamura leaps from the apron to the floor with a flying knee.
Nakamura brings it back in but Humberto holds Nakamura’s leg. Boogs comes over and grabs Humberto with a gutwrench, then man-handles him at ringside, and slams him down on the floor. Nakamura comes in and counters Angel, then levels him with a Kinshasa for the pin to win.
Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura
– After the match, Nakamura stands tall as the music hits. Humberto runs in and nails Nakamura from behind with a cheap shot, then quickly retreats to join Angel on the ramp. Boogs and Nakamura yell out from the ring as Los Lotharios smile back from the stage.
– We see recent happenings with Shotzi and Sasha Banks. We see them facing off backstage now. Sonya Deville gets in between them as things start to get heated. Shotzi says Banks is a petty, vindictive little brat. Shotzi says she never forgets when she gets screwed over and payback is a b… Banks cuts her off and says if she had a nickel for every time someone tried to make a name off her, she’d be rich… oh wait, she is rich. Banks brags about being the Team SmackDown Captain and says no one would know of Shotzi if it weren’t for Banks. Banks says she’s right, payback is a bitch, and so is she… Deville interrupts and says they can settle it in the ring but she expects them to be on the same page after the match is over. Banks walks off.
Shotzi vs. Sasha Banks
We go back to the ring and out comes Sasha Banks. She hits the apron to pose as the pyro goes off and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Shotzi is out. The bell rings and they go at it back & forth for a few minutes. Shotzi shoves Banks and Banks shoves back. They grab each other by the hair and face off, then go at it again. Shotzi with a kick. They tangle and Banks nails a suplex. Banks holds the suplex to pay tribute to WWE Hall of Famer Eddie Guerrero, nailing the Three Amigos. Fans chant “Eddie!” now. Banks goes to the top for the Frogsplash but she has to land on her feet as Shotzi moves.
Shotzi sends Banks to the apron and rocks her. Banks fights back and nails a knee to the mouth from the apron. Shotzi keeps fighting but gets sent to the floor. Banks misses a Meteora from the apron tot he floor as Shotzi moves. Shotzi ends up sending Banks into the steel ring steps. Shotzi traps Banks’ arm in the steps and starts stomping over and over as the referee counts. Shotzi breaks the count at 8. Shotzi howls and goes back to the floor as Banks clutches her hurt arm.
Shotzi brings it back in and covers for a close 2 count. Banks counters with a roll-up for 2. Shotzi sends her back to the floor and follows but Banks counters with a kick to the face. Banks nails the Meteora from the apron to the floor, but clutches her arm as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it in the ring. Shotzi focuses on the hurt arm and nails an inverted TKO into her knee. Banks kicks out just in time. Shotzi goes to ram Banks into the turnbuckle but she counters and shoves Shotzi down. Banks goes on, drops Shotzi in the corner again and delivers double knees. Banks with a big top rope Meteora for a close 2 count. Shotzi ends up dropping Banks out of the opposite corner for a 2 count. Shotzi shows some frustration and screams out, then talks some trash to Banks.
Banks with a jawbreaker. Banks fights in from the apron but Shotzi cuts her off with another shot to the hurt arm. Shotzi runs the injured arm into the ring post, sending her to the floor. Shotzi rolls Banks back into the ring and goes to the top. Shotzi nails the Ball Pit but Banks goes to the floor to avoid the pin. Shotzi screams out. Shotzi brings it back in but Banks blocks the TKO and takes her down into the Banks Statement as fans cheer her on. Banks has to modify the hold using her leg due to the hurt arm, but Shotzi taps out for the finish.
Winner: Sasha Banks
– After the match, Banks stands tall as her music hits. We go to replays. Shotzi and Banks stand in the middle of the ring now as Sonya Deville comes to the stage to watch. Banks offers her hand for a shake and Shotzi shakes. Banks pulls her in for the Backstabber for a pop. Banks is all smiles as she heads up the ramp, telling Deville she did shake her hand and she will see them on Sunday.
– The Bloodline is backstage in their locker room suite. Roman Reigns asks Paul Heyman if it’s time, and it is time. They get up to leave but Reigns tells The Usos that he’s going to do this one by himself. The confrontation between Reigns and King Woods is next. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a new “coming soon” vignette for Xia Li. This is a change from her recent vignettes. The comic-style vignette tells Li’s story of growing up with her family, her father suddenly passing away, and their evil landlord who kicked them out on the street. With her father gone, it was up to Li to defend the family and that she did, taking out the landlord. We see Lia backstage throwing strikes now. She is her father’s daughter, and she is her family’s protector.
– Kayla Braxton is backstage with Toni Storm now, congratulating her on the Team SmackDown spot. Storm is so excited to represent the blue brand after representing Team WWE NXT at Survivor Series a few years back. We see how Storm confronted SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair last week. Storm says Flair is consumed with her Survivor Series match against RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, which is understandable, but Storm says Flair will be vulnerable when she loses on Sunday, and her ego won’t be able to handle that. Storm says Flair is going to come at her guns blazing, but she’s not afraid of Flair like some might be, and while Flair will want to take her loss out on Storm, all Storm wants is a title shot. Flair walks up and says after she proves her superiority over Becky and beats the crap out of her, Storm is next. Flair says she won’t give Storm but she will give her a match. Flair says she will do to Storm what she does to Becky on Sunday. Flair walks off and Storm says that went just like she thought.
– We go back to the ring and out comes King Xavier Woods. Fans cheer him on as he heads to the ring and we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Woods is in the ring with a mic. Woods calls out WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns, and gets a pop for shouting-out Hartford. Woods says he’s here to find out if Reigns is a man. Woods recalls how he hit his big elbow drop on Reigns last week, but then SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos showed up and the match ended in a No Contest. Woods says that means The Tribal Chief cannot beat Woods on his own. Woods says if that makes Reigns feel some kind of way, bring your ass to the ring and prove him wrong. Reigns waits as fans cheer him on. The music hits and out comes Reigns with Paul Heyman.
Reigns stops and poses on the entrance-way with Heyman as Woods looks on from the ring. We suddenly see one of The Usos get thrown out from backstage, onto the stage. The other Uso is then tossed out but we can’t see who took them out. Woods smirks in the ring and stands with his arms crossed. The music hits and out comes WWE Champion Big E to a pop. Reigns meets Big E on the ramp and they start brawling.
Big E sends Reigns into the steel ring steps, then the barrier. Big E tosses Reigns into the ring where Woods is waiting. Woods stomps on Reigns as fans pop. The New Day stomps away on Reigns now to keep him down in the middle of the ring. The Usos hit the ring but Big E nails a Big Ending to one, and Woods rocks the other with a big boot. Big E with another Big Ending to the other Uso. Fans pop for Big E and Woods as they stand tall. Woods runs the ropes and leaps out to the floor, taking The Usos down at ringside. Big E turns around to a big Superman Punch from Reigns in the middle of the ring. Reigns waits in the corner now as some fans boo and some cheer.
Reigns charges with a Spear but Big E scoops him for the Big Ending. Reigns slides out of the move and retreats to the floor. Reigns yells out while backing up the ramp. Heyman is right behind him with the title. Big E’s music hits again as he stands tall in the ring, raising the strap in the air. Cole hypes the non-title champion vs. champion match between Reigns and Big E at Sunday’s WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view. We go to replays of what just went down. Big E raises the title and continues to talk trash from the ring while Reigns clutches his title on his shoulder, talking trash back at Big E from the stage. The Survivor Series go-home edition of SmackDown goes off the air.